[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Directed by Zack Snyder
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: OwlsVotherOwlsHootOfJustice.jpg (124 KB, 375x500) Image search: [Google]
OwlsVotherOwlsHootOfJustice.jpg
124 KB, 375x500
Since we're currently shitting on Snyder thanks to BvS, how does /co/ feel about this particular movie?
>>
>>81548349
Never seen it. I don't like owls.
>>
>>81548349
I know it was kind of the point, but Metalbeak was too much of a little bitch.

Favorite character was the bard owl.
>>
>>81548349
Two fantastic scenes.

Other than that the characters are bland as fuck, and they tried condensing the worst parts of the first three books into one barely coherent storyline.
>>
>>81548349

it was a pretty nice movie. actually, I prefer it to a lot of other childrens' movies nowadays since it appeals to kids and adults alike

>inb4 some clueless prick hates on snyder again cause it's a trend
>>
Did he do his iconic slow-mo anywahre else? I only remember the flying through the rain droplets part.
>>
All I remember about this movie was Matt Damon and Tina Fey taking the piss out of it on 30 Rock.
>>
Underrated IMO. The animation was well done and has some cool sequences, and some of the characters were pretty fun.

Main character was bland as hell though.
>>
they botched the story's relation to the books.
>>
I read one of the books when i was in year 6
>>
Great animation and visuals. Other than that, eh. Didn't care for the story or characters.
>>
>>81548349
The story was very simple. I bet the books are better.

>Owl City in the soundtrack
>>
OWLS!
>>
>>81548349
The books are violent as fuck, i have all of them
>>
File: owlkek.gif (639 KB, 320x220) Image search: [Google]
owlkek.gif
639 KB, 320x220
>>81548416
This guy.
>>
>>81548416
I want eaglefags to leave
>>
>>81553000
>inb4 MIGHTY EAGLE
>>
>Owl City
I'm miffed

overall comfy as shit tho
>>
>>81548485
i think there was the part where they caught a small bird in their own claws.

i never read the books but i found this movie to be pretty solid. nothing too memorable except for the animation.
and seriously? owl city? they did it on purpose didnt they? thought it would be funny? doesnt matter the song was pretty good anyway. and the soundtrack was great
>>
Makes for a great drinking game; one person takes a drink whenever they hear the word "gizzard" the other takes a drink whenever theres a slow mo shot. Whoever dies of alcohol poisoning first wins.
>>
It was pretty boring honestly
>>
I'm a big fan of the books so this was pretty shit compared to those
>>
>>81548349
Visually amazing. The story was really meh

>>81548464
>people hate Snyder because is a trend
Or maybe they hate him because he is quite bad at doing movies outside of usual style.
Snyder should had directed Sin City 2, he is great for simple but amazing action(like in 300). But stuff that actually needs substance not so much
>>
File: owls.gif (2 MB, 330x206) Image search: [Google]
owls.gif
2 MB, 330x206
>>81548416
>>
>>81556634
This
>>
>that scene where the owl is feasting on the children's intestines and looks up to give a 25 minute speech on why it was the morally right thing to do
>>
>>81556634
Especially when he's actually uncomfortable with Superheros being a normal thing.
>>
>>81548349
I need to watch this again. I don't remember anything about this. I even forgot Owl City made a song for it.
>>
>>81548349
It was stylistically cool but kind of awkward...so like everything else Snyder has done.

It's been a while since I saw this but I remember thinking it was really weird how in the end his parents are just all happy he's back and they don't seem to give a fuck their other son just "died"
>>
>>81548349
It was pretty and enjoyable right up until the part where the soundtrack of this children's animation film reminded me of a grim as fuck ending to a sci-fi horror film:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hVFTA4xo9Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktqNNsVJhUE

thanks Snyder
>>
>>81548485
There was also the scene where he flies through the forest fire with the oil lamp.
>>
>>81548416
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.