[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is she the Reverse Felicity?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: daisy-johnson-costume-top.jpg (114 KB, 900x506) Image search: [Google]
daisy-johnson-costume-top.jpg
114 KB, 900x506
Is she the Reverse Felicity?
>>
>>81541180
Well she's definitely a cunt in real-life, so maybe.
>>
>>81541180
no shes just as awful. You know how people call Arrow Felicity and Friends? Agents of shield is just Mary Sue and Crew
>>
>>81543652
Skye is a main character by design. The show is about collective group of ShIeld agents. It's not the same at all.
>>
>>81543652
>I watched the first 8 episodes and haven't seen an episode since so I'm clearly an expert on this show
>>
>>81541180
I want Daisy and Wanda to entwine their tight pants.
>>
>>81543721
>>81543726
Shes been the most specialest agent ever. Best hacker, quickly trained to be a great field agent, then got super powers. Most plot threads involve her and is solved by her. Name some flaws.
>>
>>81543801
Daddy Issues?
>>
>>81543726
>Watch a few episodes, it's bad
>"Trust me, it gets better after the effects of TWS!"
>Watch the rest of Season 1, it's still bad
>"Trust me, it gets better in season 2!"
>Watch Season 2, it's still bad
>"Trust me, it gets better in Season 3!"

Your word means nothing anymore, wolf-crier.
>>
>>81543801
Hot-headed
Overly defensive of Inhumans
Trust issues
Horrible taste in men
>>
File: drag-me-to-hell7.jpg (57 KB, 650x365) Image search: [Google]
drag-me-to-hell7.jpg
57 KB, 650x365
>>81543721
I'm pretty sure Coulson is the main character. Skye is the gimmick appeal character. Hot nerd girl appeal, superpower appeal, actual-comics-tie-in-character appeal, jr. kung fu lady appeal...
>>
>>81543847
"My dad is a villain" is not a flaw.
>>
>>81543801
She goes off half cocked emotionally and makes the wrong decision, jumps to conclusion, and has to be consistently reigned in because she cant assess situations with a cool logical mind.

In season 2 she kinda fucks over her own squad because she cant see past her own desire to be welcomed into her mothers flock when her mom was obviously manipulating her and setting shit up for a war.
>>
>>81543872
>Overly defensive of Inhumans
Ill give you that one.
>Hot-headed
She is but then it turns out she was right all along.
>>
File: POS.gif (2 MB, 500x220) Image search: [Google]
POS.gif
2 MB, 500x220
>>81543878
Quirky nerd girl is objectively the worst character archetype in fiction.
>>
>>81543935
nah only fags like the type on here think that because they generally hate the idea of women infringing on their niche bullshit.
>>
>>81541180

a good character on a really really shity show wihtout a single webm that show us a good fight scene?
>>
File: skeptical captain boomerang.png (31 KB, 121x182) Image search: [Google]
skeptical captain boomerang.png
31 KB, 121x182
>>81544035
>not wanting to scream out memes in public is sexism
>>
>>81543801
She literally got her ass handed to her by an old man with an exo-skeleton last episode because she thought she could play god.
>>
>>81544139
Yeah fags just spew them here because they can't think of anything original to say. Also didn't say it was sexism just said people don't like girls infringing on their niche bullshit. It's simply how shit is.

The nerdy girl is most likely not a real fan of whatever nerdy thing the nerd is into that she claims to be. Ergo shes a cunt and since a lot of them exist we just kind of assume theyre all cunts.
>>
>>81544159
thats not a flaw, that was an action and she was caught off guard. it was literally a moment where someone would die to save her because she is the most important person EVAR according to the fucking guy who was dieing
>>
It's less that she's changed and more that everyone else has.
At first she was a Mary Sue and everyone sucked her dick 24/7, and now she's still kind of an arrogant bitch but people are calling her out on her bullshit.
>>
>>81544035
It's cringey when male characters do it, too.

It's just more common for female characters because the writers are so fucking insecure that the character needs to be in-you-face and spouting memes.
>>
>>81544197
I would consider hubris to be a pretty big flaw.
And the mystic-hobo only thought she could do something because she was the first person he touched that had super powers.
Hell two episodes prior other people on the team took care of shit. Mac defended his home and brother from six terrorists with a shotgun and a meat cleaver. Also Bobbi and Hunter saved not Putin at the cost of their member ship with SHIELD while Skye was useless by being knocked out during the fight and couldn't even do her hacking thing earlier because all the computers were in Russian and she needed help to translate.
>>
>>81543801
>Name some flaws.
Selfish, careless, dates assholes, way too much of an activist, even when she's fighting for something wrong, like the idea that all Inhumans should go full inhuman and embrace their powers. If she was really as flawless as you say, you wouldn't be annoyed by her.
>>
>>81543930
>She is but then it turns out she was right all along.
Uh, no she's right about half the time.
>>
>>81543801
Man you got fucking rekt
>>
>>81543801
She got the everloving shit kicked out of her in the last episode...
>>
>>81544364
yeah this pretty hard

its a lot more team focused than people give it credit for
>>
>>81541180
Holy, shit, It's my fault, isn't it?
I made this stupid thread there https://desustorage.org/co/thread/81275168/
and since then I have seen "reverse felicity" term popping up an again

This is not what I wanted, I am sorry. I am sorry, you all.
>>
She's gotten tolerable by now, but she absolutely is a Mary Sue, and I hate using that term. She is literally a homeless orphan girl who became a master hacker, top secret government agent, and a princess (thanks to her mother being in charge of Afterlife) with super powers. Oh, and she's the romantic interest of two hot guys. And her 'flaws' are the usual traits of Mary Sues - too impulsive, too protective, needs to be watched out for and reigned in - but of course, those flaws never result in actual suffering for her, just inconveniences.

It's been toned down, and she is watchable without cringing anymore, but the first two seasons were very much "look at how awesome Skye is"! Ironically, if you think of Daisy Johnson as an entirely new character, she improves immensely - she becomes just another competent agent on the team, who has some powers and some hotheadedness.
>>
>>81543801
>Name some flaws
She cares too much.
>>
>>81547352
>she absolutely is a Mary Sue
She wasn't
> She is literally a homeless orphan girl who became a master hacker
It didn't magically happens to her. I mean, she spend most of her youth to become one. she earned that. It's not like she sit in front of a computer and then suddenly went "now I am good with computer". that is what Mary Sue is.
> top secret government agent, and a princess (thanks to her mother being in charge of Afterlife) with super powers.
She was the daughter of an important inhuman. everything else from that point make sense and explain the orphaning and why a secret agency would get interest in her. I mean, things happens for reasons, not because she is a destiny child or something.

Basically, in an universe where the inhumans exist, the child of the inhuman leader is bound to have something interesting happening with her, the opposite of it would be bad writing or at least missed opportunity.
>Oh, and she's the romantic interest of two hot guys.
Uh? He love life is on par and as messed up as the rest of the cast. Nothing out of the ordinary in SHIELD agency.

>. And her 'flaws' are the usual traits of Mary Sues - too impulsive, too protective, needs to be watched out for and reigned in - but of course, those flaws never result in actual suffering for her, just inconveniences.
Those are random flaws you listed in no way bond to what a MAry Sue is (whose actual distinction trait is to actually HAVE NO FLAWS)
And she has suffered greatly from those flaws. Especially in the last episode.

>, but the first two seasons were very much "look at how awesome Skye is"!
She wasn't even a Mary sue in the first season, she was basically the noob. Reminder that the specificity of a Mary Sue and the big issue that goes with it, is that MAry Sue render other characters pointless, only to cheer how great the Mary Sue is and to defuse any conflict, rendering everything uninteresting and anticlimatic
>>
>>81547352
>>81547503
Now, the thing i, there are indeed MAry sue who behave similar to Daisy, but this is what make them Mary Sue. what make them mary sue is how their perfection remove any interest of the plot because they are so good at resolving any problem.
>>
>>81547352
> those flaws never result in actual suffering for her, just inconveniences.
Are you fucking real? All her love interests but Lincoln are dead, her father killed her mother to save her and can never know she exists, she got her ass kicked to get as good as she is now all throughout season 2, she nearly got her head caved in just the last fucking episode on her martyr complex to save everyone.
>>
>>81541180
They got rid of bobbie and the british guy...im ok with half of that, bobbie was hot. mac is coming and going not ok with that. sky still kicking.. not ok at all.Im this close to drop this shit. just waiting in case they kill her. At least in season 1 we have her bouncing tits
>>
>>81541250
Source?
>>
>>81547352

> those flaws never result in actual suffering for her, just inconveniences.

Her attempt to broker peace between SHIELD and Afterlife started a war that's resulted in the entire Inhuman debacle. She was a naive little girl who refused to listen to Raina because she had her mom back and didn't think that the woman who was literally harvested for organs by Nazis might have a little bit of an issue with human governments.

If there's one flaw that they've 100% written in and paid off on, it's her martyr complex when it comes to "saving" Inhumans. She's basically a reasonable person until any Inhuman is involved and will then pretty much refuse to listen to anyone else when they tell her her shit idea will eventually backfire.
>>
>>81547503

>It didn't magically happens to her. I mean, she spend most of her youth to become one. she earned that. It's not like she sit in front of a computer and then suddenly went "now I am good with computer". that is what Mary Sue is.

When did she "earn that"? She bounced around foster homes and the orphanage, until she ran away and lived in a van. Most people would not come out of that with hacking skills to rival cutting edge computer scientists, they'd be lucky to hold down McJobs.

>She was the daughter of an important inhuman. everything else from that point make sense and explain the orphaning and why a secret agency would get interest in her. I mean, things happens for reasons, not because she is a destiny child or something.

I'd agree with not being a "destiny child" if only any one of those things were true. But secret agent/princess/superhero? If you saw that combination in some random fanfic online, you'd roll your eyes. Just because there's a reason it all happened doesn't make it a GOOD reason, or a good outcome.

>Uh? He love life is on par and as messed up as the rest of the cast. Nothing out of the ordinary in SHIELD agency.

She taught the evil sociopath villain how to love, which is 8 different kinds of cliche.

>Those are random flaws you listed in no way bond to what a MAry Sue is (whose actual distinction trait is to actually HAVE NO FLAWS)

Mary Sues have flaws that aren't actually flaws. They're "flaws" in the sense that the writer can point to them and say "See, they aren't perfect!", but they don't actually impede the character from reaching their goals in any significant way. I haven't seen anything since the midseason climax, but before that, what did her flaws actually cost her?

>Are you fucking real? All her love interests but Lincoln are dead

Because they were assholes, not because she made a mistake that got them killed

>her father killed her mother to save her and can never know she exists

See above.
>>
Laurel was the reverse Felicity
>>
>>81547811
>She taught the evil sociopath villain how to love, which is 8 different kinds of cliche.

No she didn't. Ward either wasn't capable of love and his feelings for her were a reflection of narcissism, or he was capable of love and his feelings for her were just like those for Kara, his younger brother, and Garrett.
>>
>>81547653

Yeah, I'll agree, that's something the writers have developed well. She has gotten -better- as the seasons went on, but she started pretty rough.
>>
>>81547811
>When did she "earn that"?
She met friends who taught her.
>I'd agree with not being a "destiny child" if only any one of those things were true. But secret agent/princess/superhero?
Being the daughter of an inhuman is the case of uck, eveything else derivate from that point, it's not somethings that was added to her randomly to make her more interesting, like it would be the case for a Mary sue . everything narratively make sense.
>. Just because there's a reason it all happened doesn't make it a GOOD reason, or a good outcome.
But those ARE good reason and this is precisely why it's not a Mary sue case.
>She taught the evil sociopath villain how to love, which is 8 different kinds of cliche.
She didn't. Never has it been stated that ward was unable of Love or even empathy (as his relationship with that braiwashed agent showed). Ward was just broken and even Daisy couldn't fix it. Not a Mary Sue.
>Mary Sues have flaws that aren't actually flaws.
And the point is, Daisy flaws are real flaws.
>I haven't seen anything since the midseason climax, but before that, what did her flaws actually cost her? no more or less that the flaws of other character costed them during that same time.
>Because they were assholes, not because she made a mistake that got them killed
And? Not getting you lover killed because of you does not make you a Mary Sue. Not to mention, even if she wasn't in love with him, she still got Chocolate Ward killed for failing to escape Hydra.
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.