[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Batman vs Superman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 511x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 511x288
>Superman was never real, he was just a dream of a farmer from Kansas

What did he mean by this /co/? Because if I remember correctly his father didn't want him revealing himself to the world.
>>
Yet more proof that they should have went with a more SilverAge or GoldenAge interpretation of the character over post-crisis.
>>
Pa Kent didn't want Superman to reveal himself until the time was right.
>>
>>81535748
>What did he mean by this /co/?

That the entire DCEU is just a dream
>>
He's that farmer.
>>
>>81535748
>What did he mean by this /co/? Because if I remember correctly his father didn't want him revealing himself to the world.

You realize that Clark is also a farmer, right?
>>
>>81535748
Clark himself is the farmer in that quote, you fucking autist.
>>
>>81536685
The time is never right in of itself. Superman MAKES the time right by how he presents himself.
>>
>>81535748

Didn't he say farm boy? He meant himself.
>>
>>81537290
Nah. Farmer.

I still think he meant himself though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMltUXZkPUM
>>
>>81535748
he was reading word up magazine
>>
>if I remember correctly
You're not. Pa Kent knew that one day will unveil himself to the world, he just didn't want him to do it when he was a kid.
>>
>>81537894
The "right time" argument requires that time to be defined. As soon as Zod arrives, "the right time" has already be become "too late" since now Zod frames the narrative and gets to make the first impression. Now any negative reaction to Superman is a result of a self fufilling prophecy. Turns out that if you act suspicious, people will be suspicious of you. Who knew?
>>
>>81535748
His dad projected too hard
>>
>>81535748

>VS
>>
>>81535748
Superman is the scream of drowning horses that haunted Jonathon to his dying day. That tornado was a mercy from God.
>>
>>81535748
>bomb goes off and kills a ton of people
>people question if Superman knew about it/was involved
>Superman literally just takes a hike for a few days instead doing anything about it or even proclaiming his innocence

So does he actively want people to hate him or something?
>>
>>81539379
He can't brood while saving people man
>>
>>81537001
Pa wanted Clark simply to discover his roots and then decide what to do with his life, not become public knowledge and change the world when he's too young and lose any chance to choose his own fate because the world will take that choice away from him.
>>
>>81539379
>Guys, I totally didn't do it
>Oh that's cool. We believe you, Superman!

This is not a cartoon, broheim.
>>
>>81539547
Did you watch BvS, that was like 80% of his scenes. Superman finds a way
>>
>>81539652
Nothing you said is a refutation of what I said.
And what we got was Zod taking the choice away from him. How is that any better?
>>
>>81537997
>Turns out that if you act suspicious, people will be suspicious of you. Who knew?

Fucking good samaritans, always helping people in need for free. Can't turn your back to them for a second before he's saved another life, they're clearly up to no good!
>>
>>81536772
>>81536791
>>81536876
>>81537290
>>81537364

Was Clark Kent ever a farmer in these movies, though? At least, ever enough of a farmer to consider himself a farmer in the sense that he would refer to himself as one? He spent years traveling to the globe working odd jobs before becoming Superman, it's not like he was at home working the farm when he got the idea or anything.

Actually, he didn't get the idea of Superman at all, did he? His ghost-dad gave him the fancy suit in the spaceship and told him to be the savior of the world, and he did as he was told.
>>
>>81539758
Zod's arrival presented Clark a way to become a proper public superhero.
>>
>>81539716
He doesn't even try though. He just stands there all sad and then goes on a trip. Dude had like 3 lines the entire movie.
>>
>>81539379

He doesn't care. He's superman.
>>
File: I Am Intellectually Superior.jpg (85 KB, 557x711) Image search: [Google]
I Am Intellectually Superior.jpg
85 KB, 557x711
>>81535748
It means his shtick of being the hope of people is just a delusion of someone who just happened to have superpowers without thinking about the super consequences of his super actions.
Superman should be a sign of hope, uplifting people, right? So does that mean Joker and Killer Croc can also look up to Superman as a symbol of hope? What if they misinterpret Superman as the wrong kind of hope? What if someone with a a god complex sees Superman and that furthers his delusional dream of grandiose?

Basically something like that.

>pic unrelated
>>
File: 1436520376545.jpg (89 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
1436520376545.jpg
89 KB, 612x380
>>81535748
>if I remember correctly his father didn't want him revealing himself to the world.

His father are also drowned his neighbors' horses and livelihood and celebrated it with a slice pie.

Jonathan Kent was a psycho.
>>
>>81535748

Well, a.) as people have pointed out, it was actually his computer-ghost-dad from Krypton's idea to be a savior of humanity/Superman

b.) Outside of the misattribution for the statement, he's saying that the idea of Superman, an altruistic figure with amazing powers, a pillar of goodness to right that which is wrong and bring justice and peace, cannot possibly exist in our world. It is a naive fantasy.

Basically every edgy 13-year-old's idea of how the world works.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.