[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"SUICIDE SQUAD" ON SUICIDE WATCH
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: STUDIO'S GONNA FREAK.png (1005 KB, 1385x1039) Image search: [Google]
STUDIO'S GONNA FREAK.png
1005 KB, 1385x1039
Three weeks of reshoots, the movie's own tech advisor confirmed it's studio-mandated reshoots because the movie was "too dark".

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/suicide_squad/update-2-suicide-squad-reshoots-underway-in-la-a133142
>>
>>81523489
MOM'S GONNA FREAK!
>>
>>81523489
Kill yourself.
>>
>>81523489
There is nothing wrong with a movie being dark. Not all dark movies are Snyder movies.
>>
>>81523591
The trailer sold it as a fun, GotG-esque action/comedy romp and investors are sweating bullets the dark and edgy movie will turn people off.
>>
>2 days on location and the rest at a sound stage

Gonna be fun playing "Spot the difference" between footage edits.

Here is footage with Will in a real beard, and here is the fake one. Also body doubles a plenty.
>>
>>81523489
So it is no longer just a rumor.
>>
Ironic
>>
WB execs, stubbing their toe and in response splinting and bandaging their hand before going to play competitive street fighter.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr83sLEAU1A
>>
>>81523679
I suppose, the first trailer is a bit grim.

It sucks when the marketing department makes a better job and elevates the expectations of a movie. Both BvS and Ultron did that, which is why the reactions were so strong. I don't even think either is THAT bad. Here's hoping it's not another one of those.
>>
Jai Courtney said its for an action scene.
>>
>>81523688
They'll just give him a miscolored baldcap.
>>
File: 1411586845490.png (607 KB, 573x573) Image search: [Google]
1411586845490.png
607 KB, 573x573
So which scenes do you think will be cut, bros?

I mean we don't know much about the plot of the movie, but we DO know that Harley Quinzel kills a random guy for trying to help her after the Joker bitch slaps her. Will that be left in?

vid(dot)me(slash)Qdfu

Or how about any torture scenes with Harley or Jason Todd?

Will they keep the satanist imagery with the Incubus?
>>
>>81523888
Correction BvS marketing dept also shat on that one too. There are plenty of complains the trailers of BvS revealing too many "money shot" scenes those are supposed to be a surprise or exciting twist within the movie.
>>
>>81524008
Doomsday could have been the big one.
>>
>>81523926
Sure he did.

But no action scene requires three weeks of reshoots. Unless they're completely overhauling a third act setpiece, which is just as bad.
>>
Well WB is gonna fuck their whole universe up on arrival
All hope for this movie has been lost.
I truly hate Marvel for how they have ushered in this terrible quipshit
>>
>>81524008
Yeah, the main trailers, sure. The side trailers (the ones that showed the only good things about it) were pretty neat.

Ultron and Ant-Man (mostly the former) wen't fucking haywire with the marketing, showing almost everything. Civil war seems a lot more restrained, hope they keep it that way, but it's still 3 weeks away, isn't it?
>>
>>81524036
Exactly!
Even WW shouldn't be exposed too much in the trailer.
>>
>>81523991
please don't post white supremacists on this board
>>
>>81523991
I'm betting they'll lose most of the demoniac imagery and the edgier Joker bits like torturing Harley with electroshock therapy and shit.

Also betting they'll cut Croc vomiting half-eaten chunks of goat and then eating his own vomit.
>>
>>81524054
>even when WB purposefully shits up their own movie it's Marvel's fault
hahahah get fucked.
>>
>>81523926
3 weeks is not just for an action scene
Some studio exec saw the movie and probably panicked because its not wall to wall jokes

Sad thing is this is the same type of shit that ruined F4 even more
Clearly WB has lost its collective shit at BvS' flop
>>
>>81524054
It has been fucked since 2013.
>>
>>81524051
I didn't realize you knew the intricacies of film making. 3 weeks isn't even a long time. it took 6 months to shoot the movie.
>>
>>81524112
If only the marvel kiddies stayed out of the mature DC movies we wouldn't be having this problem.
>>
>Le apropriate PG13
>>
>>81524151
It is a very long time for one action scene.

Let's just face it, bro, it's to make the movie funnier and Courtney is damage controlling.
>>
>>81524151
I didn't realize you knew the intricacies of film making.
>>
>>81524085
Ideally she should've been kept under wraps like Vision in AoU (mostly) and the Falcon in Ant-Man ) before the Japs ruined it). But since she was already shooting her movie, I guess it would've been impossible to hide it.
>>
>>81524118
BvS didn't flop in any sense of the term. It underperformed at worst and they've said it hasn't affected their plans. People have responded well to everything they've released about Suicide Squad so far, BvS was met with skepticism since the day it was announced.
>>
>>81524152
weak. very weak. apply yourself
>>
But I was told this was all a ruse by Faraci to make DC look bad, and that we should never believe it. Surely DC/WB wouldn't live up to their reputation of having no fucking idea what they're doing.
>>
>>81524152
If only DC was capable of making movies half as good as the Nolan trilogy we wouldn't be having this problem.
>>
>>81523489
I really hoped it was just a rumor. Why do the audiences want comedies so badly?
>>
>>81524316
Because the audiences like comedies.
>>
>>81524316
Real life is getting much, much worse.
>>
>>81524245
Do you really think they'll publically announce their movie was a blunder?

Even Fox sticked by FANT4STIC when it came out and confirmed a sequel for 2017, then swiftly killed it once the dust had cleared.
>>
God lord. This is the problem, not the solution.

Stories involving Superman, generally speaking, are not the place for a dark tone or theme. Stories involving iterations of the Suicide Squad, generally speaking, are. Being dark and gritty is not a betrayal of any core aspects of these characters.

What a sad joke of a self-fulfilling prophecy. This will be a poorly reedited, hastily reshot mess, and everyone will hate it for being a poorly reedited, hastily reshot mess.

Fucking fuckers. I just want to be excited for your shitty movies you assholes.
>>
Thanks Disney. Comedies only from here on out.
>>
>>81524389
>Civil War
>Doctor Strange
>>
>>81524389
Ayer already said a few months ago that the film is funnier than people are expecting it to be and DCucks orgasmed over that.

Marvel isn't really doing anything but giving the people what they want in cape films.
>>
>>81524316
Why does WB want to make money?
Why does WB want to pander to the lowest common denominator of capeshit fans?
>>
>>81523489
>>81524091
Fuck this shit, this movie sounded like a fun kind of edgy, now it could become an unfun comedy.
>>
>>81524457
So why are we believing Faraci's stupid bullshit around here? You don't schedule rehoots and get a budget in 2 weeks. This shit was planned months ago and you faggots are falling for every piece of clickbait you can find.
>>
File: meanwhileatWarnerBrothers.jpg (40 KB, 434x461) Image search: [Google]
meanwhileatWarnerBrothers.jpg
40 KB, 434x461
>>81523489
JUST
>>
Once again DC fans couldn't just shut the fuck up and accept something with the possibility of getting better things down the line.

Now we are going to get everything artificially changed so it can reflect a tone that doesn't fit the property.

So now WB had the same problem as BvS all over again.
Ruining all their properties before they even had a chance.
incompetence of the highest order
>>
>>81524316
Because our real lives are all depressing
>>
>>81523489
:(
>>
>>81524075
Are you kidding? Ultron showed a lot of scenes from the movie even had a screening for the first 15 minutes if the movie before it came out.
>>
>>81524245
People quickly forget that WB was actually planning a Green Lantern sequel and was vehemently defending the movie after release saying they were going to move forward and the movie performed just fine.
And then they canceled the sequel and everything else because the movie was a fucking failure and they were too retarded to admit it.
Same thing will happen with the current DC movies.
>>
>>81523489
DELETE THIS
>>
>>81524530
>He doesn't know about emergency reshoots
>>
>>81524531
THE SHAREHOLDERS GONNA FREAK
>>
>>81524316
Audiences pay money in exchange for fun. They don't want 2edgy4u grimdark try hards.
>>
>>81524613
It'd be fantastic if Suicide Squad was cancelled. Maybe it'll even put Will Smith under and I wont have to see his ass in movies for a little bit.
>>
>>81524625
You really think Jai Courtney grew out his muttonchops in 2 weeks because he was just told about this? You're sonfucking gullible.
>>
>>81524342
>>81524551
:(
>>
>>81524530
>So why are we believing Faraci's stupid bullshit around here?
I take it you didn't read the link in the OP...
Excellent DCuck damage control, though. Enjoy those 50 cents.
>>
>>81524353
Suicide Squad is dark and gritty but it's also funny. If the movie is only edge it's gonna be a snoozefest.
>>
>>81524353
Superman being in a dark tone or dark themed story is not the problem as much as it is making Superman other than the character he's suppose to be.
>>
File: GOAT extra.gif (3 MB, 351x235) Image search: [Google]
GOAT extra.gif
3 MB, 351x235
>>81523489
Daily reminder there has never been a good movie that had reshoots.

Even if this movie was genuinely good before hand, and it might have been since the trailer looked good and unlike Snyder, Ayer isn't a hack, its pretty much fucked at this point due to executive meddling.
>>
Any chances of an early Crisis movie so they can reboot it again?
>>
File: Ben_Affleck_Batman_tattoos.jpg (60 KB, 490x637) Image search: [Google]
Ben_Affleck_Batman_tattoos.jpg
60 KB, 490x637
DC is fucking done.

The failed juggling act is upon us. Prepare for a tonally disjointed film that should have stayed dark... Gotham characters should remain dark, Batman should remain dark. Superman shouldnt. Aqua man shouldnt. Flash shouldnt. You fucked up with Supes and now you are paying for it. Kill yourself warner.

Blue Beetle and Booster Gold are your last hope.
>>
>>81524774
>Daily reminder there has never been a good movie that had reshoots
Not sure if trolling.
>>
>>81524605
Anon that's what they said.
>>
>>81524679
You are aware studio's often instruct actors who cultivate unsual hairstyles or facial hair to maintain them should reshoots be necessary, right?

Also, nothing prevents them from gluing fake mutton chops on the poor bastard.
>>
If BVS had been light, SS being Grim would have been a neat contrast If the words I'm reading are true.
>>
>>81524774
Fury Road and Deadpool both had reshoots its not unheard of but WB is full of incompetent idiots so I don't think these reshoots will help much
>>
>>81523489
This shit will bomb real hard. RIP, DCEU, nothing can save it now.
>>
>>81524977

Isn't Wonder Woman finished?
>>
>>81523489
>is a marvel chill thread
>>
>>81525018
It sure is.
>>
>>81524962
Whenever meddling with the movie, it spell the word DOOM then BOMB. God, I hope Ayer will jump of the ship after this mess, unlike Snyder dude did not deserve this shit.
>>
>>81525040
>chill
The only "chill" here is DC, Joe Chill that is, guilty of killing their universe.
>>
>>81525040
Well, I am pretty chill right now.
>>
>>81525018
>terrible actress that can't carry a film by herself
Shit's gonna flop
>>
>>81523522
I'M ALL MESSED UP

I'M ALL MESSED UP
>>
>>81524962
I hope you realize Fury Road was WB too
>>
>>81525018
You really think WW can single handly save DCEU? Nah, and they just fucked SS up, WB just fucked up. God, a light heart Villian movies...what a joke.
>>
File: marvel world.jpg (49 KB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
marvel world.jpg
49 KB, 480x270
WE DID IT BROS WE WON!!
>>
>talking to people on set today they said the studio "made him do reshoots" because it was too dark. Interesting words.

Ahahahaha oh my fucking god can DC backpedal any harder
>>
>>81525152
It bomb Box-office wise.
>>
>>81524245
>BvS didn't flop in any sense of the term

Even the studio is admitting it underperformed, and the budget estimates range from $200m (which is about as realistic and your mom's new titties) to $300m (which is probably closer to the real thing) for production alone; on top of which they will have spent at least $80m marketing the thing. It's doing very badly for what it's supposed to be and the thing is, they've hung their entire year on this. It's not just this one movie with a low gross, it's everything else coming off that being lower as a result. Lower toy sales, lower DVDs, lower merch. When it comes to TV rights the networks will quite rightly say "what else have you got" and haggle them down to a far lower price. This movie is never going to make the money it was *projected* to make - and that's the problem, because that money, which was a huge, huge sum, probably twice what it's actually going to end on, reflected even more money on the back end and a rise in profits that will now not happen. Shareholders will be unhappy, executives will be forced out, and it's going to be a very difficult couple of years for the studio financially even if SS and WW make money now.

So no, it didn't outright fail, but given what they clearly pinned on it? Yeah it's a flop.
>>
File: 1008674584675.jpg (65 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
1008674584675.jpg
65 KB, 786x393
So whats going to be more cringey /co/? Watching Eisenberg act wacky and silly or watching Robbie trying to act wacky and silly?
>>
>movie was fine
>WB panic like fuck and ruin it
Great
>>
>>81525207
You mean WB
>>
>>81523489
do you think the original cut will be available at some point?
>>
>>81524245
>It underperformed at worst
I think when people say it flopped, they mean a movie with fucking Batman and fucking Superman did not immediately break a billion within two weeks and not only has it not beaten Deadpool yet but is going to lose the weekend to a fat comedy lady
>>
>>81525152
He doesn't.
>>
>>81525249
Yeah sure
>>
>>81525152
Meh its not like the studio saw Fury road as a PG-13 blockbuster
It was always gonna be rated r and reshoots were not studio mandated but probably done by Miller.
>>
>>81524741
Exactly. It's a character betrayal. By all means put Supes in a dark story, but unless it's an elseworld specifically exploring a darker Superman with the purpose of comparing him to regular Superman as you read, the darkness shouldn't come from him. The cinematic universe has its own place in the multiverse, so no biggie there, but the core aspects of the characters were not honoured well during the exploration of something new, as they were in, say, Red Son.

SS on the other hand can be dark as fuck, with gallows humour and messed up character interactions that are so dark they're hilarious. It's the forced editing and meddling that's killing these projects. I'm not a fan of BvS either way, but it would have been less bad if it wasn't edited to include all kinds of mandated garbage.

SS isn't hard to get right. I'm still a little bit hyped. But... Fucking Batman versus Fucking Superman shouldn't have been hard to knock out of the park either, so I am worried.
>>
>>81524152
>If only the marvel the marvel kiddies stayed out of the mature DC movies...
That's exacly your fucking problem DCuck. Kids stay out of your shitty movies. No fun = No kids = No money = Get fucked.
>>
Even if all of these reshoots are pitch perfect scenes, it means a cut of the movie removing some of the stuff that was already set out in there.

Did they just not pay attention to the criticisms of how badly BvS were edited? Do they think Ayer, who is a decent director, will want to do anything else after this getting editorial control yanked out from under his feet now?

FFS. This is so shortsighted and probably one of the only surefire ways to doom a movie that looked to be good.
>>
>>81523489
>shitty clickbait
>TOTALLY LEGIT GUYS
>>81523825>>81523926
>Jay Cortney explains what's going on
>HE LIES TO US
/cotv/ please
>>
>>81525419
>shitty clickbait
The source is in the article. It's from someone actually on the staff
>>
File: 1457733852443.jpg (48 KB, 849x476) Image search: [Google]
1457733852443.jpg
48 KB, 849x476
>>81523888
Hmm, that is true and I thought that the darkly comedic tone that the trailer was going for would be a good fit for a movie that has HARLEY QUINN, THE JOKER AND BIG WILLY IN IT!

Especially the later! Will Smith acting 100% serious is a Will Smith nobody wants.
Haven't these people seen After Earth?
>>
>>81523991

Eight-minute montage of Harley flaying babies is going to be cut down to minute and a half.
>>
>>81525419
Go put an icepack on your booty, DCfriend
>>
>>81525419
I know you need to damage control for the films but at least pay attention to what was actually in the OP's link
>>
>>81525381
>with gallows humour and messed up character interactions that are so dark they're hilarious.

That's the point, the movie didn't have that.

Just people making sour faces and being INTENSE on each other for 2 and a half hours.
>>
>>81525477
Yeah I don't get it either. The reaction to the second trailer was pretty positive all across the board and apparently they JUST realized "wait a second we didn't actually put anything like that in this movie"
>>
>>81525605
Succesful movies have had misleading trailers before, but BvS's lackluster reception pushed them over the edge.
>>
>>81525410
I have to note that one of the reason BvS was so poorly edit was because WB meddling with the film. Seriously, they never learn a damn thing and continuously fucked up. God, SS gonna a big mess...a very bigggg pile of shit.
>>
>>81525575
>but at least pay attention to what was actually in the OP's link
>UPDATE #2: Actor Jai Courtney says the Suicide Squad reshoots are to inject more action into the film. "I wouldn't say we're going back to make it funnier. There's some additional action stuff we've been doing which is pretty dope...Don't believe everything you read. " There's three possibilities here - 1.) Jai Courtney is performing spin control duty for WB and they're actually adding humor, 2.) the reshoots are truly just for more action sequences or 3.) the truth is somewhere in the middle and the reshoots are adding more levity AND action. Which do you believe?
So?
>>
>>81524451
Ultron was supposed to be intimidating in the film. Both these movies are going to be comedies with some action in them.
>>
>>81525399
This
Like it or not, kids make money. Kids bring parents, parents buy their own ticket and the kids ticket.
I saw parents take crying kids out of the cinema halfway through BvS, and I'm pretty sure after that happened they weren't going to tell their friends to take their kids to see it too. Not while Zootopia was still out.
>>
>>81525659
That's not true, though. Snyder was given full creative control. He knew from the beginning WB wouldn't allow a movie longer than 150 minutes, and yet he produced a four hour movie. Of course he'd have to chop it up in the editing bay.

It's on him.
>>
>>81523591
SS need to be the dark one! not BvS, I expect a bunch of Batman villains to be grimm, not the Man of Tomorrow!
>>
>>81525653
>Succesful movies have had misleading trailers befor
Yeah but how many are adaptations? Usually if your movie is an adaptation of something, you want your trailer to represent it well or not and the second trailer seemed very in line with SS comics
>>
I can't believe how bad this shit has gotten for DC. Unlike MOS, there is literally no spinning this downward spiral into something good. Even the die hard DC loyalists (which honestly, why would you pick sides with one company over the other in the first place?) have nothing to work with; just name calling, grasping at straws (>>81525419), and deferring to arguments like "It will still make money" which is something they used to chide people defending the success of the MCU over.

No more blindly hyping the next project while ignoring the failings of everything that came before. No more riding some high horse of superiority because of "muh grimderp movies for mature moviegoers like muhself". You lost and the good guys won, that's right... you're the bad guys.
>>
>>81525783
Well if it is in line with the past 5 years of comics it's dog shit.
>>
>>81524245
>People have responded well to everything they've released about Suicide Squad so far
>>
>>81525584
I mean, that's bad, but is 2.5 hours of sour faces and INTENSE made better or worse by WB executive meddling after the fact? I say worse.
>>
>>81525731
I did not said Snyder is not too blame and he did not have full creative control as many believe too, the editing part and story telling part is clearly his but all those shitty cameo is certainly not, it's very out of places.
>>
File: image.jpg (47 KB, 640x437) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
47 KB, 640x437
>>81523489
I don't get it.

WB let that retard Zack Snyder run wild with BvS thinking they had a hit on their hands but goes full damage control on David Ayer's movie despite Ayer being a much more competent director.

It's like they're actively sabotaging any chance of DC movies being good.
>>
>>81525931
>It's like they're actively sabotaging any chance of DC movies being good.
They are. It's an invasion. BvS is a weapon. Earth 33 is under attack.
>>
>>81525931
Yeah, they're supposed to concern about WW and JL not SS. SS was supposed to be a dark shit and dark humor because it's a story about a fucking Villian.
>>
>>81525931
The problem is that DC is still part of WB. There is no DC studios or DC division like Marvel studios or the Marvel division of Fox. It's just WB and they put out DC movies sometimes so they're at the behest of their almighty executives
>>
It's going to sux...
>>
>>81524774
Guys, pretty much every single Marvel movie has reshoots.
>>
>>81526225
Only Thor 2 did.

Unless you're going to include Fant4stic and other non-Marvel Studios films.
>>
>the shitposting will continue for months if not years

I want off the fucking ride damnit
>>
>>81525244
fuckin this
>>
>>81526225
Every movie has reshoots in general but not like 3 weeks of reshoots
>>
>>81525244
If WB truly thought the movie was fine, they wouldn't be panicking

Do you think Michael Bay is freaking out about the Transformers movies' reception? I don't think so when he can take that "10th highest grossing film of all time" record to the bank
>>
>>81526258
Literally just google "marvel studios reshoots" and you get a bunch of links talking about Age of Ultron reshoots, and quotes from Feige about how valuable reshoots are. Get this shit out of my face.
>>
>>81526261
Why? It's going to be hilarious. I wasn't even aware /co had so many sad sacks of shit willing to defend one or the other corporate monstrosity.
>>
File: wb meeting.jpg (51 KB, 548x398) Image search: [Google]
wb meeting.jpg
51 KB, 548x398
>Wonder Woman getting reshoots to be more of a "solo" film with less connections to BvS
>SS (now actually confiremd to be) getting reshot to be more "fun"
>Aquaman promising to be more "fun"
>Justice League recently announced to be "lighter and more fun"
>Snyder has to come out and say "Flash will be different in tone from MoS/BvS
>Two Lego Batman movie trailers in the same week as if WB wants to remind us "Don't worry, we know Batman is still wacky!" (even if I am looking forward to it)
>Dumbass producer fucktard backpedals and comes out with "Hey, BvS isn't supposed to take itself seriously, it's just a fun time at the movie" which is like the direct opposite of what the film was promoting itself as for the past two years.

Losing.

It's.

Shit.
>>
>>81524774
Civil War just barely wrapped up reshoots. Every fucking blockbuster has them, all of them.
>>
>>81523489
If only this came out before BvS. It was probably the better movie but I guess we'll never know now.
>>
>>81523948
>Hold up, what's this?
>Sorry, Mr. Smith. They don't make bald caps for colored people. You'll have to make do.
>>
>>81523489

They should have called it Task Force X.

>>81523522

Ironically, both my parents who go to many of the superhero movies, including the last one BvS, said "we're NOT seeing that one" when they saw the trailer. Even Queen didn't keep it from looking too edgy for them. Doesn't fill me with a lot of confidence for how it'll do.
>>
>>81524036
And it also basically confirmed the overall plot of the movie. Bruce and Clark have issues with each other's persona and conspire against one another while Lex works on his own project, using Zod's body to create Doomsday and bringing Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman together to defeat the new monster.
>>
>>81526440
BvS didn't have reshoots. They finished filming in November 2014.

>>81526432
>Wonder Woman getting reshoots to be more of a "solo" film with less connections to BvS
Source? They're just now finishing the original shoot schedule. Reshoots would surely come later.
>>
>>81526261
Don't blame the posters, blame WB. It's not the rest of the world's fault that these people have made such a perfect trainwreck that it's impossible for you to create a delusional hugbox online.
>>
Devin Faraci was right once again.
>>
>>81525212
That's not what a flop is.
>>
>>81526614
Again, nobody actually believes it is "flopping" in the sense that it didn't make money like Fant4stic
>>
>>81525681
Different director and writers tell me you are an idiot
>>
>>81525018
>Xena without Lucy Lawless
Why bother?
>>
I mean at the end of the day, good or bad, is WB Executives going to learn from this at all?
>>
>>81526614
Not that anon but BvS was a flop, a bomb of epic proportions. Quality wise, acting and casting wise, directing wise and of course financially.
It was supposed to go against Avengers and its ilk and it has trouble catching up with Deadpool.
>>
>>81523489
>I'm never gonna get to actually see Suicide Squad because they've decided they want the reddit audience at the last minute
JUST
>>
>>81526702
Hahahahaha no.

WB is the new Sony. I'm 100% serious. They're making the same mistakes as them
>>
My sources say they're reshooting the third act to have Music Meister make the climax all Queen songs, culminating in "I Want to Break Free" so Harley gets last blow on Joker.
>>
>>81524008
I know that sometimes studios will just reveal something because they know that, sooner or later, spy pics will get out anyway, so audiences may as well see the character as they were meant to first, instead of their first impression being shitty pics.

But wasn't Doomsday 100% CGI? Who could take spy pics of that? Wouldn't he exist completely on the SFX team's harddrives?
>>
>>81523679
>GotG-esque action/comedy
Uh? no. if was Dark-comedy fun, but defintely not GotG-fun, the tone is clearly different.
>>
>>81526629
When a movie costs that much money, yes, it's a flop. They have shareholders who expect a return on their investment, not some capekino wanking on 4chan.
>>
>>81525660
/co/ will believe the most extreme one so they can shitpost more.
>>
Is it not bothering anybody else that we haven't seen Capt. Boomerang do anything in any of the trailers?

We've seen the rest of the team use their powers but Digger just had that one gag with the beer
>>
>>81526715
>Just like Fantastic 4, SS was gonna be a cinematic masterpiece but for executive meddling.
>>
>>81525911
It was his idea, bro. He mentioned in an interview how he just added the Flash scene in pickups because he thought it'd be cool.
>>
>>81526863
We are probably going to get Sad Jai Courtney clip out of this movie. The Sad Ben clip reached over 21 million views on YT.
>>
>>81526574
BvS did have reshoots. It was at the New Mexico set.
>>
>>81526869
Capt. Boomerang is probably something WB is ashamed of and don't want to show in the trailer.
>>
>>81526913
>because he thought it'd be cool
This is Zack Snyder's talent.
>>
>>81526702
They're even more retard and insecure than Sony by this point, anon. They're literally The Worst.
>>
Toppest of keks

DC is burning

it actually feels kind of bad, I want both Marvel and DC movies to be good
>>
>>81526863
/co/ will believe ANYTHING in order to shitpost, because it is the child of /tv/

>>81526869
They're probably worried people will think Boomer is dumb :\
>>
File: bebe.jpg (34 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
bebe.jpg
34 KB, 500x282
>>81523489
He sort of looks like Bebe in that pic familia
>>
>Digger leaves the team
>Comes back in a critical moment
>DEADSHOT: "Well, damn, they always do come back!"
>HARLEY: "What do you mean?"
>DEADSHOT: "You know, 'cause of his name."
>HARLEY: "George?"
>>
>every movie does reshoots
>but when WB does it, its means their done

Ducking christ TV do you have any brains.
>>
>>81523489
Pretty sure it's a
>"we want the deadpool audience"
thing.
>>
>>81526702
I read only today that in 2012, Warner Bros fired their key executive, who was responsible for Harry Potter franchise and The Dark Knight trilogy.

The studio he went to? Disney. (Not Marvel Studios though, they are separate.)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_F._Horn
>>
>>81527056
I know, and I know it's a shitty thing to say, but could you imagine how much more intolerable /co/ would be if the movie actually was good?
> Marvel a kill
> Suck it Marvelcucks
> Cup of Marveldrone tears

>>81527064
While true, you can't blame them since every bit of bad news surrounding DC has come true or is pretty much already confirmed.

>>81527130
Three fucking weeks of them? Do you really not see the warning signs here? At what point has WB done anything to warrant confidence in their executive meddling?
>>
File: 1459056265467.jpg (11 KB, 251x233) Image search: [Google]
1459056265467.jpg
11 KB, 251x233
>>81526863
>>81527064
Hey faggots, why don't read the part of the article that has the tech consultant confirm that they're trying to make the film lighter.
>>
>>81527130
Last year it was:
>but when Fantastic Four has to do it, it means they're done

>but when Age of Ultron has to do it, it means they're done
>>
>>81526913
>let Zack "The Hack" Snyder take full control of BvS after MoS
>went full damage control over a competent director and writer like David Ayer

Well, they brought this upon themselves. Man, I feel sorry for Ayer even before SS will come out...it was destined to be a complete shit as of now.

Fuck you, WB.
>>
>>81527198
>The studio he went to? Disney. (Not Marvel Studios though, they are separate.)

Yes, but now Feige reports directly to him instead of Perlmutter.
>>
>>81527201
It's way worse now.

If BvS was good, people would argue about it much less and even Marveldrones would agree it's good.

Remember TDK? Yeah we had a lot of arguments even back then (about how overrated it is etc.), but in general we liked it.
>>
>>81527213
> This is normal! This is perfectly normal! There is nothing to worry about.

Did you miss the part where they confirmed the reshoots were being done to make the film "lighter"?
>>
>>81527198
Wow, they really fire a competent exec? God Damn, WB was so full of shit.
>>
>>81523489
It really bothers me that people use "dark" to refer to both a film's storyline and its level of comedy, interchangeably. A movie can have the most depressing storyline imaginable and still be funny.

So the question is, are they just adding jokes, or are they neutering it, ala I Am Legend?
>>
>>81527291
Don't try and make this /co/'s problem. WB is making stupid decisions plain and simple. Just because your social website of choice doesn't accommodate apologists theories doesn't make it blanket shitposting.
>>
>>81524451
>Quip War
>Doctor Quip
>>
I like how the BvS apologists are angrier at the internet for not pretending the movie was good or giving them a safe place to tell themselves that instead of WB for making a movie that was just plain bad.

When AoU, an over-cluttered movie, came out everyone was saying it was underwhelming and were angry at the director.

When TASM2 came out everyone shat on it and were angry at the director and studios.

When Wolverine Origins came out people unanimously said "it's shit" and bashed the director and studio.

But when DC does a movie with WORSE critical success than any of the above, a movie with numerous objective flaws, the Snyder Defense Force lashes out at the world.

Why, friends? Why not do what fans of every other studio's franchise did and ADMIT YOUR MOVIE IS SHIT.
>>
>>81527384
The latter.
>>
>>81527213
I honestly don't remember threads about AoU reshoots. I remember the F4 ones though but those movies are never good.
>>
>>81527503
DC Fans everyone!

It's not that they like their movies, they just hate yours!
>>
>>81527378
Truth to be said, they DID apparently fire him because he didn't secure Watchmen rights before filming - if you remember, it was a big issue, because both 20th Century Fox and Warners had the rights, something like that - and he failed to use DC comics property more. From deadline, back from 2010 when the shakeup happened (he was fired in 2010, and he joined Disney 2012-ish)

https://deadline.com/2010/09/warner-bros-shakeup-succession-69224/

> Horn’s film division also was embarrassed by not nailing down the legal rights to Watchmen adequately. Mogul after mogul in Hollywood couldn’t understand how Warner Bros could even have started filming the graphic novel with 20th Century Fox still laying claim to the pic. And Watchmen looks like it won’t earn out with no domestic legs and no interest overseas. (Snarked one rival studio exec: “Now Alan is going to use Watchmen as justification to ban all R-rated films at Warner Bros.”) Which leads me to Horn’s biggest failure: leaving the most valuable DC Comics characters in movie development limbo for most of his tenure. While Warner Bros was paralyzed by indecision, chaotically starting and stopping work on scripts with DC characters, Marvel was exploiting the hell out of its characters with an ultra-ambitious film development slate. And now Marvel is part of the Disney marketing machine. Of Superman, Wonder Woman, and the Justice League, only Batman has a successful live action ongoing franchise. And Warner Bros is now embroiled in a fight for Superman’s film life with the rightsholders. And who knows how Green Lantern will turn out? But mining a minor DC character like Jonah Hex was last summer’s studio money pit.
>>
>>81523991
I heard that Harley's scenes on the inter racial breeding camps were cut, not sure
>>
>>81527525
The problem with BvS is you can see what the movie is trying to tell you. But Synder cant tell a story. He just skips to the next big part without the small transaction. Synder needs a co director and a good editor.
He has the visuals down but he can't tell a story to save a fucking life. He needs a mentor or some shit.
>>
>>81527590
Wow. It's Snyder and his DC movie failures again, just 6 years earlier and in another context.

This man.... I don't understand how can he have a career. At all.
>>
File: 1347916038958.gif (2 MB, 324x219) Image search: [Google]
1347916038958.gif
2 MB, 324x219
>>81523489
>make a fun trailer set to pop music
>movie is entirely grimdark
>>
>>81527198
>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_F._Horn
Wow, what dumb fucks.
>>
>>81527384
>A movie can have the most depressing storyline imaginable and still be funny.
Examples?
>>
>>81527525
There were (and still are) plenty of MCUcks that defend Age of Quiptron
>>
>>81527676
>He needs mentor.
Ben Affleck, dude's really good at story telling. Hell, Ayer's fucking goat too.
>>
>>81527590
>And who knows how Green Lantern will turn out?

sad
>>
>>81524310
>Nolan trilogy
>GOOD
>with mumble mclargehuge, edge joker, and a batman movie where batman only appears for 33 minutes

TELL ME ABOUT ANON, WHY DOES HE SHILL THE BOARD?
>>
>>81527590
>>81527862
>MCU = The Revenge of Alan F. Horn
Well, RIP, DCEU and WB, we will never miss you.
>>
>>81527525
Because none of those came during an era when it seemed all of Western fiction was turning defanged and "comfy". BvS' flop is proof of how there's no place in the world of storytelling for anything but trite, quip-laden light comedies carven just so they won't offend modern audiences' delicate senses.

tl;dr – Tumblr won. We've entered the Safe Space Age
>>
>>81527940
Still not sure why that movie failed so hard.

They had Geoff Johns consulting, they had the director of the two best Bond movies. Why did it all go so wrong?
>>
Well at least hopefully they can fix the movie.

If WB can mandate Synder to keep his shit in check, then they might be able to salvage things.

It is possible to have a meh start and recover into something better.
>>
>>81525213
Robbie is fap bait and will get a pass for her antics. Besides, you can totally justify a hot topic tier lolsorandumb Harley given her recent comics and fanbase

lex on the other hand...
>>
>>81527590
>And who knows how Green Lantern will turn out?
Heh.
Reminds me how some actor wrote an entire script of John Stewart GL movie that was rejected in favor of this one.
Anyone got leaks on that?
>>
>>81523688
This is going to be the "Can you spot Kate Mara's wig game" all over again.
>>
>>81528072
Reynolds as Hal turned off a LOT of comic fans.

This lead to Hal being portrayed as a dudebro manchild. Plus two terrible to meh villains.

It should have focused FAR more on OA and the corps in general. Possibly have Sinestro and his whole fall from grace and expulsion from the corps.

The after credit zinger could easily still have been him putting on a yellow ring.
>>
File: Supersad.jpg (34 KB, 409x335) Image search: [Google]
Supersad.jpg
34 KB, 409x335
>>81523489
So this is the next Fant4Stic /co/? Director's vision ruined by studio interference?

Not saying the original version was going to be good but at least it sounded inspired. Studio edit sounds like damage control which means no good can come out of it.
>>
>>81526817
>upbeat nostalgic song
>"these guys aren't very good heroes!"
trailer two was very clearly aping the GOTG vibe that caused so much hype, without fully realising that doing a trailer like that will make people expect the film to be tonally similar
hence why they're in full damage control atm as the trailer showed off practically all the jokes in the entire film
>>
>>81523489
Semi related, how many movies end with the politically correct people being humiliated, tortured and then executed once their pride is broken?

Probably few if any at all.

I wonder if Suicide Squad did something like that (which would turn off a huge part of the audience for a long time.)
>>
>>81528202
>This lead to Hal being portrayed as a dudebro manchild
Johns wouldn't accept that shit. Supposedly.
I guess he was a just yes-man to WB after all.
>>
>>81527770
That guy is now over at Disney.
>>
>>81528458
Everyone is yes man in WB, disagree with them, you're out of the job.
>>
>>81524613
Fox also swore to hell and back that FantEightstic was still gonna happen while FantFourstic was still in cinemas.
It's just a really easy, non-committal way to try to lure more people in, by appearing confident in your product. After a few weeks you just stop talking about a possible sequel and the original movie forever and most people won't care anymore about the state of a sequel after they've been suckered into a terrible movie.

Sure, it's different here, since BvS didn't bomb by any stretch of the imagination and they can still work stuff out from here, especially since they have so much stuff already lined up. But again, what they want to do most right now is just to appear confident and promote their future movies and their movie out right now and they do that the easiest just by endlessly talking about all their plans and all the great sequels they will make. Because talk is cheap and doesn't cost them anything.
>>
IT'S OVER

DCEU IS FINISHED
>>
>>81527908
Where? Unless you're counting people who write it off as just mediocre instead of god awful.

>>81528026
Or maybe it was just a bad movie for any time or place regardless trends.
>>
>>81528533
He's talking about Snyder not Horn.
>>
>>81527873
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_comedy
>>
Green Lantern IMO proved that executives are fucking with productions. Even Synder was forced to put in the JL cameos in the main film instead of putting them after the credits. (and who knows what else)

They really need to get someone in who can guide and provide a singular vision. Someone who can speak what they think and not have to worry about losing their job the next day.
>>
>>81528026
Explain Days of Future Past and the success of all of Nolan's post-Dark Knight films
>>
>>81526894
>Fantastic 4 was gonna be a cinematic masterpiece
anon don't
>>
>>81528663
>Even Synder was forced to put in the JL cameos in the main film instead of putting them after the credits
Pretty sure he did that of his own free will and said after credits scenes were dumb. I'll see if I can find a source.
>>
>>81528557
It's okay, there's still LBCU.
And maybe cause Disney to consider LICU (look at the sets, he's fucking everywhere)
And maybe,maybe eventually LSHCU ;_;
>>
>>81527982
Wow really?

You are so butthurt that you have to put down movies by the same studio that were universally praised and made more money than BvS because it fucked up.

That's pretty low
>>
>>81527676
No he needs to never touch another movie. He's poison at this point and too full of himself to ever change.
>>
>>81523991
If they wanted to lighten it up she should just beat him up and show him writhing on the ground.
While a slide whistle plays.
>>
>>81528663
>Someone who can speak what they think and not have to worry about losing their job the next day.

This is easier said then done. WB especially has a pretty bad yes man corporate culture. Hell, there was a recent shakeup in 2011 where several important people in the company were kicked out after they raised objections to productions. (many of which turned out to be bombs.)
>>
>>81528553
Sony swore they were going ahead with Sinister Six for a long-ass time too
>>
How to fix BvS:

>dont make lois drop the spear in the water
>make clark smile more
>keep JL stuff at the end where Bruce, knowing Clark is dead, knows he has to build a team to do what he would have done, and so he looks into Lex's files and finds the metahuman folder

Lex is okay because it's his origin story.

>>81528871

They whitewashed Bane, made Selina shit, and Talia a noncharacter.
>>
>>81528663
>>81528834

Got it.

>In a 2014 interview with The Guardian, “Batman v Superman” and “Man of Steel” director Zack Snyder said Warner Bros. executives asked him and producer Christopher Nolan (who directed the three Christian Bale “Batman” films) if “Man of Steel” would have a jokey post-credits stinger like Marvel films including the “The Avengers”

>According to Snyder, Nolan replied with an emphatic negative: “A real movie wouldn’t do that.”

>Nolan would later contest that quote, saying he wasn’t quite so flippant. The actual comment, according to Nolan: “We shouldn’t be chasing other movies, but stay true to the tone of ‘Man of Steel.'”

So it wasn't mandated, it was a conscious choice by Snyder.
>>
>>81528663
>Even Synder was forced to put in the JL cameos in the main film instead of putting them after the credits
Really? Do you really believe this?

I just got finished arguing with an anon who told me it was too show how genius Luthor was to have figured out their identities
>>
File: 122034265151.png (50 KB, 471x628) Image search: [Google]
122034265151.png
50 KB, 471x628
But how does BvS and SS tie into the Hypercrisis, you guys?
>>
>>81528955
I feel like the JL was rightly placed but we should have seen them from Bruce's perspective.
>>
>>81528955
TDKR didn't live up to the first two but at least it was concise and concluded the story
>>
>>81528955
>make clark smile more
Change that to allow Cavill to emote at all
>>
>>81529059
He can't emote at all because he can't act. He's just a pretty boy that looks good in a suit.
>>
>>81529028
True, I mean he HAD the files but only looked at Diana's.

>>81529044

I wouldn't call it good ending. How did he survive the nuke? Also the action scenes were shaky and Bale's voice sucks ass.

>>81529059

I think the problem is that DC wanted to not pull a Quipgers so bad they went to the opposite end of the spectrum.
>>
>>81528955
>>make clark smile more

Whenever he saves people in the movie (ship scene, rooftop scene, Mexico scene), show him interacting with the people, smiling, almost literally kissing babies.
>>
>>81529059
But if Superman emote, that'll make him more human
>>
>>81525138
CUZ LIKE, I'M ALL MESSED UP Y'KNOW?
>>
>>81528988
They are gentry psyops.
>>
>>81529111

Disproven by The Man from U.N.C.L.E. Cavill can actually be super charming. Snyder just wants an "alien" and "aloof" Superman.
>>
>>81529138

Yo, for real, who the fuck thought it was a good idea to have the Superman-saving-people montage be sad and mopey. How does that thought even enter someone's head?
>>
>>81529138
> almost literally

kill yourself.
>>
>>81529204
>Man from U.N.C.L.E.

Christ, I knew you were gonna bring that up. That movie was all around flat and boring, with zero fucking chemistry between Cavill and Hammer. I don't discriminate acting ability based on good looks, but he is just a pretty boy who can't act as proven by shit like the Immortals, MoS, and that awful, awful straight-to-dvd movie The Cold Light of Day.
>>
>>81529289
Even when he was pulling the boat he looked like he had to shit real bad, fucking hell
>>
How fucking dumb are you people? Seriously?

Virtually ALL big budget movies do some reshoots, literally every single MCU movie does them.

John Campea and Jon Schnepp confirmed on the latest Collider Heroes that there's TONNES more humor than was shown in the trailers and that these were just stock-standard reshoots.
>>
>>81527873
Dr. Strangelove
The Big Short
The World's End
The Day the Clown Cried
>>
>>81529138
>>81529289
>>81529384

Superman was troubled by the adoration. Why would he smile and kiss babies?
>>
>>81524118
>3 weeks is not just for an action scene
Literally every MCU movie schedules 3 weeks for reshoots. It's common practice for big budget movies.
>>
Suicide Squad SHOULD be dark.

WTF is wrong with these people.
>>
>>81529898
Dark in story, yes. But not dark in tone. This is a movie with Joker and Harley.
>>
I do wish they had done something better with Harley then her "I hear voices/abusive Joker relationship" incarnation
>>
>>81529982
This. Joker and Harley should do goofy shit. It makes their horrible actions actually way more horrible because they ARE funny.

>>81530021
What else IS there to do with her that doesn't involve Ivy?
>>
>>81524605
AoU didn't, GotG showed 10mins before it came out as a pitch. Free shot at seeing the trailer and a short piece of the movie... in IMAX 3D. People lined up in droves for that and it made them go back to see the movie in IMAX 3D.
>>
>>81530253
Fuck your right.
Guck I want a Harley/Ivy movie more then this shit
>>
>>81528303
This and this is exactly what James Gunn was commenting about after Deadpool came out. Execs see money being made, but they don't understand why and take it at face value. SS got recut to a popular Queen song and a brand new vibe not there in the trailer shown for SDCC and home audience.
>>
Fucking idiots, a Suicide Squad movie should be dark! Superman shouldn't, get it right.
>>
File: hashtagjokerwashere.jpg (165 KB, 638x675) Image search: [Google]
hashtagjokerwashere.jpg
165 KB, 638x675
>>81523489
whoa now he's going after mall stores twitter accounts, this man must be stopped
>>
>>81527852
James Gunn was Right
>>
>>81530778
OH
MY
GOD

HE IS SUCH A MADMAN

THIS IS NOT TRY HARD AT ALL AND A WEAK ATTEMPT TO TRY AND PRETEND HE'S AS LEGIT AS HEATH LEDGER

MOM'S GONNA
>>
>>81530873
>HE'S AS LEGIT AS HEATH LEDGER
Ledger was never a fully legit Joker. The Nolan movies wouldn't let him.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.