[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so... why does he look like that in the movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: king neptune.jpg (114 KB, 787x333) Image search: [Google]
king neptune.jpg
114 KB, 787x333
so... why does he look like that in the movie?
>>
The movie apparently takes place at the end of the series. So I'm guessing he's older.
>>
>>81508399
coulda easily fixed this by making the former Poseidon and the latter Neptune. Poseidon is god of the ocean, Neptune is king of the sea Spongebob's in.
>>
>>81508399
I just assume they're different people, the King Neptune we see during the series is the literal God of The Seas, the one in the movie is merely a mortal(if magically empowered through his trident) Merman King who shares the same name, or as >>81508567 puts it, the confusion mostly comes from them having the same name
>>
>KIDS RULE
everybody always says spongebob movie was on par with GOAT seasons 1 and 2 but it was pretty bad
>>
>>81510116
Are you the same person who shitposts on how Kids Next Door promotes disrespect to adults?
>>
>>81510522
No I never really got into KND
>>
>>81508399

one episode in Spongebob, implies they are not the same person.

Different King Neptunes, the real question is their relation. Is the first Neptune like the 2nd's father or brother or whatever?
>>
I've always kind of figured that the original script had the show Neptune, but at some point along the way they decided that he overlapped too much with the Neptune's Daughter character and worked him.
>>
>>81508399
Same reason Mr. Krabs' mom went from sounding like Clancy Brown doing an old lady voice to an Irish woman, continuity doesn't matter and you should just get over it.
They had the budget to get a genuine B list actor to be in the movie so they changed the character to better fit the voice. End of story.
>>
You don't know about Fish God biology?
When they are mortally wounded, their body regenerates and repairs itself. The new person has the same memories but a different personality and appearance.
The process was only come up with because the original Neptune's health was declining and he couldn't keep acting, but it's become an iconic trait of the character since then.
>>
>>81508399
>he movie apparently takes place at the end of the series. So I'm guessing he's older.
they have literally different designs. everything is changed.

To answer OPs question - i asked myself the same thing and decided that it's because it's a dumbed down kids movie so Neptune was redesigned to look more cute, less angry and "edgy" (in left version he looks like a badass kind of metal) so it will be more of a comedy with soft characters.
>>
>>81508399
Maybe because the entire plot of the movie wouldn't work if he was fit and handsome?
Just a thought.
>>
>>81511352

actually Paul Tibbit was originally Mama Krabs.

I prefer that voice honestly, it's funnier than some generic old lady.
>>
>>81508399
because in the series he had long, beautiful hair while the entire plot of the movie resolves around his baldness.

also different voice actor and the character design was made to resemble it.
>>
>>81508399
He became a dad.
>>
>>81511380
>Dr.Who
>Dumbledore

Can all old Brits regenerate? Can I learn the ways?
>>
>>81508399
Who cares about that faggot? What happened to Giant Realistic Talking Fish Head?
>>
>>81515896
He got harvested. The fish trade is a brutal business and he was a public figurefish,of course they came for him.
>>
>>81508399
The movie was before that episode though.

>>81510116
literally wrong
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.