[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
He would have been a lot better if they casted him as the riddler
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Screenshot_404f.png (208 KB, 540x362) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_404f.png
208 KB, 540x362
He would have been a lot better if they casted him as the riddler

Why didn't they just cast him as riddler?
>>
Because, surprise surprise, Zack Snyder and his wife saw something in him and thought he'd be the perfect fit for Lex in the DCEU.

Can't wait to see what he does to the Justice League.
>>
>>81468967
>Why didn't they just cast him as riddler?
Or Toyman
>>
Or Jimmy Olsen.
>>
File: 1459823491736.jpg (75 KB, 786x393) Image search: [Google]
1459823491736.jpg
75 KB, 786x393
Eat these pennies, Senator.
>>
I don't think there's room for villains like The Riddler in Snyder's DC Movie Universe. The best Riddler stories are long, slow burns with very little explosive action or violence. You might get one or two good action scenes but it's mostly about detective work, figuring out puzzles, and figuring out a way to cheat the system. After seeing Batman v. Superman I don't think Snyder has ever considered a movie where someone wasn't getting punched or something else wasn't being blown up every fifteen minutes.

And you know what, that's cool if you like it. Go to the movies, have fun, talk about it with your friends. But that format wouldn't work for The Riddler or Calendar Man or basically any villain where punching super hard isn't the answer.
>>
>>81469460
>uses money as main superpower
>basically buys Doomsday
>spends the whole time being way too into the idea of man and god dichotomy

Literally St. Cloud.
>>
>>81468967
But he didn't give a single riddle?
>>
>>81469492

> After seeing Batman v. Superman I don't think Snyder has ever considered a movie where someone wasn't getting punched or something else wasn't being blown up every fifteen minutes.

Nothing happens for the first two acts of BvS outside of that ridiculous Batmobile chase and piss bottles.
>>
>>81468967
He's Alexander Luthor Jr, what if he changes his name to Edward Nigma while his father, the real Luthor, shows up?
>>
>>81469460
Drink the piss, Senator
>>
File: sad affleck because im batman.jpg (19 KB, 620x320) Image search: [Google]
sad affleck because im batman.jpg
19 KB, 620x320
>>81468967

Hollywood.
>>
>>81470730
He sent those "You let you family die" notes to Bruce which you could make into riddles.

Also the "Whats the oldest lie in America?" could be made into a riddle.

Im sure something to do with the piss jar could too.
>>
>>81470772
Both of those involved things blowing up.
>>
>>81469492
Are you honestly implying there's room for a slow born mystery without explosions OR quips in Marvel? Because that honestly would be the dumbest thing I've read all week.

It's okay to just say "Superhero Movies in general"
>>
>>81469040
I thought I heard they wanted him for Jimmy Olsen, but he wasn't interested, so after Brian Cranston didn't want to do Luthor, they were like "eh let's let Jimmy do it."
>>
>>81473497
Yeah, it's kind of like that, though to hear Snyder tell it, he had that great idea thinking how bold and unconventional it would be, that they had a totally different take on Luthor. I guess we see where being different just for the sake of being different gets you.
>>
>>81473394
Netflix Series. Also, I don't see how quips don't have a place in slow born mysteries.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.