[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
AOSTH vs SatAM Which show do you prefer today?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9
File: robortad3.png (200 KB, 463x358) Image search: [Google]
robortad3.png
200 KB, 463x358
AOSTH vs SatAM

Which show do you prefer today?
>>
aosth
>>
>>81450884
When it came out, SatAM

Now? AOSTH.
>>
Aosth takes the franchise as seriously as it deserves, and that's great
>>
RRRRRRobotnik!
SatAM could be a better show, but AoSTH is more memorable.
>>
AoStH

I don't particularly like either, but every second Robotic is in screen in AoStH, his comical malleable design, flawlessly delivering his dialogue, his motivations and personality, it's so utterly captivating, never ceases to amuse. A god-tier character trapped in a shitty cartoon.

SatAM took itself way too seriously and was laughable because of it, and generally pretty dull. Great intro though

Sonic Underground is a cringe comedy, so awful it's spectacular

Sonic X, see SatAM minus the great intro. Cringe worthy but not enough to be funny

Sonic Boom is okay for what it is, it's just a dumb little mediocre comedy. It's fully aware of that fact and accepts it, it's a pretty enjoyable cartoon if you can accept that too.

AoStH > SU > SB > SaTAM > SX
>>
>>81450884
Did /co/ always hate SatAM? I feel it took itself as seriously as a show about some talking animals can without being overbearing about it. I didn't particularity like the show too much as I grew older but I think it was fine for what it was and while it didn't age "badly" it didn't age as well as other cartoons like the DCAU and other Warner cartoons.
>>
Satam is pretty meh. If it wasn't Sonic, everyone would forget about it. Aosth is the better cartoon, if only for Dr. Robotnik.
>>
>>81451284
AoSTH was also closer to the source material when you really compare the two.
>>
>>81453187
It can be good, if done right. Like Pooh's Grand Adventure, or Moomin
SatAM was not executed well.
>>
>>81450884
which one had more YTPs?

exactly
>>
>>81450884
I still can't keep track of which one is which, the names are not descriptive
>>
>>81453404
aosth - the comedy one
satam - the serious one with snively and that squirrel furry.
>>
SatAM had good episodes here and there, but had too many bad filler episodes.
SatAM had the better voice actors.
AOSTH had the best Robotnik voice to counter that, I mean, if there was a cartoon hall of fame, this Robotnik would have it's own wing, like Bugs Bunny.
For comedy, AOSTH was the winner.
For creativity, SatAM wins, for the lore they made during production, like how Robotnik and Snively were astronauts from the past that are stuck in a future where the animals have mutated to be anthropomorphic due to nuclear holocaust.

They both have their strengths, but SatAM gets a wag of the finger for it's series finale being a cliffhanger. At least if you're a SatAM fan, you can continue that series with the comic, where Snively got one of the best women in the Sonic series. Regina
>>
File: 1458114607067.jpg (22 KB, 400x307) Image search: [Google]
1458114607067.jpg
22 KB, 400x307
underground is the only real answer
>>
>>81453847
>Snively got one of the best women in the Sonic series. Regina
And then the world reset.
>>
File: ova_screen1.png (472 KB, 704x480) Image search: [Google]
ova_screen1.png
472 KB, 704x480
the movie > everything else
>>
File: 1413754328909.png (93 KB, 216x242) Image search: [Google]
1413754328909.png
93 KB, 216x242
>>81453259
>Satam: Furry creatures trying to save a forest from Orgasmic Robot Hitler
>Aosth: A show about fucking Sonic The Hedgehog!
>Underground: Rebel musicians trying to stop rich people from ruling the world
>X: A show about a whiny 10-year-old, government spies, and a war between space plants and space robots
>Boom: A show about fucking Sonic The Hedgehog!
AOSTH and Boom are the only good shows.
>>
>>81450884
AOSTH. The other Robotnik was great, but AO Robotnik is still one of the best comedy cartoon characters in decades. He was literally perfect. Every moment of him on screen was amazing.
>>
>>81453847
>like how Robotnik and Snively were astronauts from the past that are stuck in a future where the animals have mutated to be anthropomorphic due to nuclear holocaust.
Fucking what?
>>
That was the video tape, boys. What do you have to say for yourself?
>>
File: 1420836190754.jpg (41 KB, 720x576) Image search: [Google]
1420836190754.jpg
41 KB, 720x576
>>81455464
I lied. I crapped.
>>
>>81455446
Ben Hurst, one of the writers in an interview:

Well, bearing in mind that we were given no history of the Sonic characters when we came on board, we created a "White Paper" that created a history for the characters. This doesn't mean that what we created is the definitive backstory. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find the document, but as I recall, Julian and Snively were part of a space expedition from about 2200 (or thereabouts). Julian attempted a takeover of the colony, but his technology got out of control and he wound up destroying everything, narrowly escaping with his (and Snively's) lives.
Meanwhile, back on Earth, a nuclear holocaust had destroyed human life as we knew it - and the animals who survived mutated into sentient beings and built the society which you see in the form of Mobius. Einstein's ideas of the passage of time during faster-than-light space travel kick in and thousands of years have passed by the time Julian and Snively returned to find this "Animal" world. Well, Julian's thought was that in the land of the four-pawed critters, the two-handed man is king and so he set about to take over - as outlined in Blast to the Past.
>>
AO Robotnik is possibly the best cartoon character ever. The rest of the show was pretty lame, but I don't think we're ever getting a similar combination of cheap-but-expressive animation and flawless voice acting. Long John Baldry was the ultimate Robotnik and none other can even approach what he did. Besides, having a Sonic cartoon that aspired to seriousness and maturity just displaced its characters from the tone they should inhabit.
>>
File: 9LyYZTD.jpg (169 KB, 1302x868) Image search: [Google]
9LyYZTD.jpg
169 KB, 1302x868
>>81450884
I like both shows but I like SatAM a bit more than Aosth, mainly because of it's story.
I don't really care for Sonic Underground though.
>>
I'm a bit torn. I actually like SaTAM, but I can see why people enjoy AOSTH so much.

That part where Sonic and Robotic are dogfighting in planes and Sonic pretends to shoot the other planets with a gun, creating bullet holes is comedy gold
>>
File: 1457890738494.png (708 KB, 920x704) Image search: [Google]
1457890738494.png
708 KB, 920x704
obligatory
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjuhnuwFBQw
>>
>>81455446
Don't worry a continuity wipe made that non cannon
>>
>>81450884
AoTSH. Mostly for the poops, the rest for Robotnik.
>>
The only time AoSTH was good was when they went after the chaos emeralds.
>>
>>81456334
What?
At least his version of how Möbius came was better than Lenders and Bollers started out. Fuck the Xorda
>>
AoSTH, no contest, it's fun and quirky and it has the best Robotnik

Sonic Boom is almost tied with AoSTH for best Sonic cartoon, but nobody will ever top AoS Robotnik. I do love the writing Sonic Boom has.
>>
Even if it wasn't for YTP, I'd still say AOSTH
>>
Comic Eggman trumps all
>>
>>81457380
>AoSTH was good was any time Robotnik was on screen
>i.e. most of the time

Fixed that for you.
>>
File: Sonic rekts it.png (843 KB, 964x892) Image search: [Google]
Sonic rekts it.png
843 KB, 964x892
>>81450884
Sonic Boom
Its objectively the best Sonic cartoon despite its budget. By writing at least. I like AoStH's toony feel
>>
>>81450884
Pingas desu
>>
>>81460320
Yeah. The show has some good writers. If only those games had it.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.