[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-rele ases/valnet-inc-acquires
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/valnet-inc-acquires-comicbookresourcescom-300245157.html

>MONTREAL, April 4, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Valnet Inc., an online media publisher, has acquired ComicBookResources.com, a popular and unique media outlet for comic book related news, reviews and discussion.

>"After 21 incredible years running CBR, it's time to begin a new chapter," said Jonah Weiland, founder and owner of CBR. "I'm very proud of what the site has become and what the CBR team has accomplished. Knowing that the CBR legacy will continue to grow in the capable hands of Valnet and their team is enormously gratifying."

> "Valnet is proud to add CBR to its brand portfolio. CBR is an authority in its category and we look forward to building upon CBR's established success." said Hassan Youssef, CEO of Valnet. The CBR office in Los Angeles will be taken over by Valnet with the editorial team remaining in place.

>Valnet, based in Montreal, has acquired and developed a variety of web properties including movie and TV news website ScreenRant.com. Since its acquisition in February of 2015, ScreenRant has enjoyed significant growth in both audience and traffic including the re-launch of its YouTube channel achieving over 1.8 Million subscribers in less than one year. The acquisition of CBR will further strengthen Valnet's position as a leader in the vertical.

So I guess this happened.
>>
I hope they don't change the formatting
>>
>>81442603
>he goes to CBR
lol
>>
CBR and Comics2Film were two sites I followed religiously from high school into the 00s. The latter got bought out and then wholly absorbed into another site.

I ended up following Rich Johnston's rumor mongering to Bleeding Cool, but I still checked out CBR every now and then. Also stopped going to the boards so much when Gail Simone went to Jinxworld. Though even those Bendis forums eventually shut down.
>>
File: 1363145277043.gif (3 MB, 602x339) Image search: [Google]
1363145277043.gif
3 MB, 602x339
This is so strange. Valnet dosn't even sound like a real company, it sound like a fake company from a movie.
>>
>>81445206
Fuck, you're right.
>>
>>81442624
>What I like about Carol is that she pulls off the Maverick archetype without being two-dimensional about it. She's what Hal Jordan would be if Hal were a good character. She's got Tony Stark's swagger and over-abundance of confidence, Steve Roger's discipline and military training, and raw power enough to rival Thor (unless Aaron is writing him it seems). And despite all that, she's still very much her own character, with her own flavors of compassionate and flippant and humorous. If I had to sum Carol up in one word, it'd be "liberation" and that's a beautiful thing.
Without CBR, I wouldn't know about this gem.
>>
>>81442587
These guys look and sound like the bad guys from an 80s movie
>>
>>81445575
But hes right.
>>
>>81442624
For interviews and previews yeah.
>>
>>81445575
I laughed.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.