[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the essential elements needed to create the perfect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4
File: tumblr_no6qk3BaLR1qcayh2o2_1280.jpg (241 KB, 1195x893) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_no6qk3BaLR1qcayh2o2_1280.jpg
241 KB, 1195x893
What are the essential elements needed to create the perfect superhero?
A 3 dimensional character with a large amount of potential stories?
Also extra question, why are superheroes like Spider-Man and Batman so popular?
>>
>>81426789
Billy is pretty perfect I have no idea why he isn't pushed more
>>
>>81428450
Billy Batson is a miracle of the universe.
I want to protect his smile.
>>
>>81428450

>Captain Marvel is the ideal kids superhero.

Not in the edgy times we live in.
>>
>>81426789
Hard to top the big red cheese.
>>
>>81426789
>A 3 dimensional character
Stopped reading right there....its a fucking comic book dummy they only have 2 dimensions!
>>
The perfect hero is perfect as they are and need no development. What you see is what you get

Progress and major character development is cancer to capes
>>
File: shazam smile.jpg (33 KB, 452x640) Image search: [Google]
shazam smile.jpg
33 KB, 452x640
>>81428450
>I have no idea why he isn't pushed more
superman.wait until 2020.
>>81430615
>Not in the edgy times we live in.
well
>>
>>81428450
Because originally he was a blatant knockoff of Silver Age and Golden Age Superman (though he actually flew before Golden Age Supes did) and when DC bought him they had no idea what to do with his character and so kind of let him lie superfluous since he overlaps with Superman in some ways.

I have a theory that since they can't use Superman in The Flash show and they established magic works that as they run out of Flash villains they'll bring on the OTHER red guy with a lightning bolt on his chest...
>>
File: image.jpg (298 KB, 1350x839) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
298 KB, 1350x839
Why can't grant morrison write captain marvel?
>>
Batman is popular because grimderp without the actual finality or questionable ethics of killing.
I love Batman, but he's been handled terribly for years, especially under the big public eye.

Characters like Spidey, Daredevil, even Green Arrow are likeable because they have beleivable personas, whether those personas are likeable or not is irrelevant.
Some characters like Supes or Punisher are forces of narrativd advancement whose story has to be written around them, which is fine, but characters who are real relatable people always win out.
>>
File: image.jpg (138 KB, 800x761) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
138 KB, 800x761
Why is it Miller has to write some of the best captain marvel
>>
>>81430993
I thought they wouldn't publish Captain Marvel as a fuck you to Fawcett Comics
>>
>>81430327
>I want to protect his smile.
You don't have to though.

Billy will protect yours.
>>
Is there a recommended reading list for Billy comics somewhere?
>>
>>81428450
A lot of writers love him and so do readers, I'm pretty sure either a writer is sitting on him or editorial is blocking the character
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.