[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Disney buys DC What's the first mixed universe story
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9
File: disney marvel dc.jpg (123 KB, 570x506) Image search: [Google]
disney marvel dc.jpg
123 KB, 570x506
>Disney buys DC

What's the first mixed universe story you wanna read or see on the big screen?
>>
>>81409826
Frank Castle killing the entire batfamily
>>
>>81409826
That will never happen, but in such a fantasy, I'd want to see an Iron Man/Green Lantern team up. Mandarin rings vs. Lantern Corps rings.
>>
>>81409826
Midnighter-Moon Knight team-up Netflix show
>>
Superman and Cap buddy comic
Deadpool and Deathstroke vs Teen Titans
Spider-Man and Batman
>>
>>81409826
Heat: featuring Black Panther & Catwoman
>>
>>81409826
/co/ would still hate anything DC.
>>
File: 1445841009072.jpg (30 KB, 782x577) Image search: [Google]
1445841009072.jpg
30 KB, 782x577
>>81409989
>>81410006
>Midnighter-Moon Knight team-up Netflix show
>Superman and Cap buddy comic
These.

I'm wondering, how much money would an Avengers vs JL movie make? Would the cape bubble burst after such a movie? I don't think you can go bigger than that.
>>
>>81410073
Not really, no
>>
>>81410073
I think the majority of people on /co/, when it comes to comics and not live action, prefer DC to Marvel. Especially in their current states too.
>>
>>81410211
There are way more marvel storytimes than dc storytimes tbqh

Even if marvel only has like 3-4 good titles atm
>>
>>81409826
Super Secret Crisis Wars.
>>
I want a story of Frank Castle going to Gotham, and just plowing through Batman's rogues gallery. Like a moment where the Joker and Harley are having fun with him, and he blasts one between the eyes and the other goes "JESUS CHRIST!!!"
>>
Justice League vs The Avengers.
>>
>>81411522
>Implying he would get to plow through anything
Bat would stop him from laying his dirty hand on his waifu in a Gotham minute
>>
Jubilee/Tim Drake XXX
>>
>>81409826
>What's the first mixed universe story you wanna read or see on the big screen?

Final Crisis / The Multiversity Too: Universe-8
>>
File: batman v spider-man.webm (1 MB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
batman v spider-man.webm
1 MB, 640x360
>>
>>81409826
Why can't Warner Bros. buy Marvel?
>>
So they can all new all different every 6 months? Hell no. Marvel's comics division is a mess.
>>
>>81415833
what do you mean "mess"?
the comics are just there to promote movies
i would really like to know if the movies are more profitable then the comics
>>
if that did happen the first thing that would actually be is Death of DC, where the DC universe is destroyed and only quipping batman and superman and WW survive

WW will be the strongest hero in the universe
and batman and supes will be based in New York City
>>
File: 290[1].jpg (453 KB, 471x722) Image search: [Google]
290[1].jpg
453 KB, 471x722
Captain America in the JSA
>>
Could the two universes merge or would they have to stay separate?
>>
>>81409953
Frank does have more plot armor than all of them combined

Shame he's not half as good a character as any of them
>>
>>81411649
Frank would hand Bats his ass and should kill him as an accessory to all the shit Joker's done
>>
File: 2015_Sales_chart.png (40 KB, 800x463) Image search: [Google]
2015_Sales_chart.png
40 KB, 800x463
>>81415833

It's a mess of success, you mean.
>>
>>81409826
Either Constantine hustling strange out of something magical but then realising who he fucked over...

Or dormammu causing chaos everywhere to draw out strange but instead Dr Fate comes forward to restore order and dormammu's all like "whaaaaat this universe has ANOTHER BADASS SORCERER WHO WON'T TAKE MY SHIT!!!"
>>
>>81409826
Years after having established the DCCU, we get the JL/Avengers two-parter.

And with that, the biggest story possible, it all ends.
>>
I don't give a fuck and I'll tell you why. Disney still wouldn't have the X-Men, or Spider-Man, and worst of all, they wouldn't have Dr. Doom. Imagine a story line with Dr. Doom fucking with the Justice League. Fucking imagine it!
>>
>>81416247

That cap is an imposter.
>>
>>81417969
If i was runniong them i'd keep them seperate univeses, but with the option to do crossovers.
>>
File: Booster Gold.jpg (231 KB, 900x1369) Image search: [Google]
Booster Gold.jpg
231 KB, 900x1369
Booster and Scott Lang
the ultimate hero hussle
>>
Baman Piderman
>>
>>81421516
I sincerely doubt Fox still wants the Fantastic Four rights after they themselves made it a toxic property.
>>
Deadpool vs Lobo, at first they try to kill each but after finding that they have a lot in common they go fucking around being the assholes they are and then they realize that the other is such a huge cunt that even they can't deal with them so they try to kill each other again.
>>
Captain Marvel vs Captain Marvel
>>
>>81419563
I blame Star Wars
>>
File: 28slq9z.jpg.png (817 KB, 720x540) Image search: [Google]
28slq9z.jpg.png
817 KB, 720x540
>>81409826
>Green Lantern/Nova buddy cop book
>>
>>81419563
I'm willing to bet a lot of that success for Marvel comes from the success of the movies.
That is, people watch movies then get interested in the comics and buy them.

Poor kids, they don't realize that they're delving into a world of pseudo-progressive bullshit.
>>
>>81415778
Disney is making too much money with it to even consider it and since most DC movies and shows end up flopping warner bros would at least be willing to do it for the right price
>>
>>81422894
this is perfect
>>
Tony Stark and Bruce Wayne business rivals
>>
Idk but seeing Cap and Superman lead all the others into battle would make my life desu senpai.

Iron Man/Batman or Daredevil/Nightwing crossover would be lit.
>>
>>81420769

Good lord that's great
>>
>>81409826
>What's the first mixed universe story you wanna read or see on the big screen?

Nothing. I'd stop caring about superheroes all together if my DC books fell into Marvels disgusting business practices
>>
>>81423080

>Rush Hour in space

F U N D I T
>>
>>81410073

/co/ prefers DC comics to Marvel
>>
>>81409826
So do DC movies become soulless quippy generic cashgrabs, or do Marvel movies become boring overstuffed pretend-deep jerkoff material of shitty directors?
>>
>>81423086
>I'm willing to bet a lot of that success for Marvel comes from the success of the movies.

HOW DOES /CO/ STILL NOT UNDERSTAND THIS? Movies have fuck all to do with this. It's the constant #1's Marvel has flooded the market with 70 books and they are now in a cancel and launch cycle which has them releasing about 6 new books every month with a whole bunch of variants. If you actually look at the sales numbers of the books themselves though they are much worse than they were before the relaunch. This is unsustainable and will lead to another crash
>>
File: zmrjMMk.gif (1 MB, 982x545) Image search: [Google]
zmrjMMk.gif
1 MB, 982x545
>>81409965
>That will never happen
Warner Brothers has been bleeding money for the last couple of years with some really expensive flops like Jupiter Ascending, to a point where their only saving grace was the video game branch. Disney, Fox and Apple are all eying WB, since they hold a whole bunch of valuable rights like lord of the rings and Harry Potter.
>>
>>81419159

When they actually did cross paths Batman whopped his ass.
>>
>>81426487
Together, they become soulless, boring, quippy, overstuffed, generic, pretend-deep, cashgrab jerkoff material of shitty directors.
>>
>>81415709
Source? This is great
>>
>>81426625
>implying Snyder wouldn't work well in the MCU
>>
>>81426555
>This is unsustainable and will lead to another crash

Good, I hope it happens soon. All comics have turned to shit and I'd rather have no comics than the fuckfest we have now.
>>
File: cia man sneezing.png (313 KB, 679x379) Image search: [Google]
cia man sneezing.png
313 KB, 679x379
>there will never be a DC/Marvel crossover on the big screen
>>
>>81427410
who will get higher billing? RDJ, Evans, Affleck, or Cavill?
>>
>>81427790
It will be settled via Celebrity Death Match
>>
Casual here, so this may not all work out exactly right.

Spider-Man attempting to act as a mentor to the Teen Titans, identifying with some of their feelings but projecting others onto them. Between crime-fighting and snark, explores how well Spider-Man can work in a guiding role, how he's grown since he started superheroing, and whether or not the Titans can fit in this new world.

A major clash between Darkseid and Thanos in the background of several series, having repurcussions in all of them.

Green Arrow developing a grudge against Tony Stark and vice versa. Also, Wonder Woman and Thor getting into petty struggles but becoming pals by the end.

For stuff that'll only work in comics:

Crossover between pieces intentionally made to resemble period styles - like Batman '66 with 60s Spiderman, or DCAU with X-Men '92.

This will be absolutely disgusting, and someone already posted something similar, but it's the one I want to see the most: A series of loosely-connected confrontations between The Joker/Harley and Deadpool, alternating between light-hearted slapstick and cold-blooded violence on both ends. Has occasional exploration of what separates their twisted senses of humor, comparison of constantly-shifting backstories, how both male characters are somehow immortal, and what role jokes have in a land of serious plots.
>>
Easy, LuthorVOsborn miniseries.
>>
>>81427790
>who will get higher billing? RDJ, Evans, Affleck, or Cavill?
RDJ
Affleck
Evans
Cavill
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.