[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>I hate Superman, he's the devil, he's an alien
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2
File: 1421600004445.jpg (138 KB, 1200x600) Image search: [Google]
1421600004445.jpg
138 KB, 1200x600
>I hate Superman, he's the devil, he's an alien threat to us all, I must manipulate Batman into killing him
>I'll also create another alien threat using ancient forbidden Kryptonian tech to fight Superman as a back-up plan even though if my first plan worked, there would be nothing to stop it from annihilating the world
>also I know that Darkseid is coming but I don't care, Superman is the problem
the fuck was with him?
>>
>>81404595
Literally autistic.
>>
>>81404595
>there would be nothing to stop it from annihilating the world

How much did Lex actually know about doomsday besides creating him? I guess it's possible he thought doomsday was just a creature that had properties that really hurt kryptonians, like kryptonite in animal form, but I don't think it's in Luthor's character to unknowingly jump into to something just to spite superman
>>
>>81404717
>but I don't think it's in Luthor's character to unknowingly jump into to something just to spite superman
Lex gave up universal peace because he couldn't get over his hatred of superman
>>
>>81404784
so everything in the film is perfectly within his character, even if his mannerisms weren't what we were used to/expected?

So this is the only film Luthor who challenges Superman to something beyond a real estate scheme?
>>
>>81404717
>>81404813
except that he hates superman BECAUSE he's an alien threat, and he learned from the Kryptonian computer about how to make Doomsday and about Darkseid and all that shit, yet he settles for only hating Superman

it's not within his character because he didn't have any character, this is literally the first time we see him and his only reason for hating superman is because he's a powerful alien
>>
>>81404918
>hate Supes because he's an alien threat
That's comic's Lex not movie's Lex. In the movie, Lex hate Supes due to some kind of inferior complex and he went full nuclear, fuck it all because of that. Basically, whatever method that can make him win against Supes is fine and he don't care about consequences.
>>
>>81404717

Dude. No.

Lex has given himself cancer, destroyed half of metropolis at once, he has fucked up plenty due to his irrational hate for Superman.
>>
>>81405024
Was getting caught part of his plan? He seemed pretty mad about going to prison even though his plan worked and Superman "died". What did he expect?
>>
>>81404595
>>I hate Superman, he's the devil, he's an alien threat to us all, I must manipulate Batman into killing him
this wasn't the orginal plan of lex he change the plan after Bat stole the green rock
>>
After seeing Ike Pearlmutter and Tim Rothman, it's pretty clear that rich people have no clue what they are doing.
>>
>>81404595
>the fuck was with him?

People keep trying to understand him. There's no point. It was just bad writing. Quit looking for a reason, because they never gave him any reasoning to his actions. He just caused problems for the sake of being the bad guy; no explanation whatsoever.
>>
How is Darkseid supposed to be anything special? We just saw Superman vs. Zod, and the Trinity vs. Doomsday, what is Darkseid gonna do that's any different? It'll just be 7 guys (okay, 6 excluding Batman) constantly punching someone really strong and more building collapsing.
>>
>>81405383
The CGI explosions will be of a slightly larger scale
>>
>>81405407
You've seen Metropolis destroyed!
You've seen an uninhabited part of Gotham destroyed!
NOW GET READY FOR EARTH TO BE DESTROYED!
>>
>>81404595
you'd go crazy too if you had all your research and lab stolen by batman
>>
>>81405274
>>81405326
It was easier in the beginning when it seemed as if he was in it to fund and make money on weaponizing kryptonian rocks
>>
>>81405326
This
The writers were trying to make a pretentious anti hero type villain, his reasoning some bullshit about angels and gods that makes no sense.
>>
It's really not hard to follow

>abusive father made him adamant that god didn't exist, wasn't powerful, or was evil
>talks about not wanting to praise a tyrant, coupled with Prometheus speech, really is just him talking about never wanting anyone to be above him personally
>even gloats about this all to Superman
>>
>>81405529
lol, this. He literally spells it out in four scenes: the charity event, talking to the senator, talking to the corrupt government guy, and talking to Superman near the climax.

You can dislike the motivation, but it's very clearly there.
>>
>>81405383
Omega beams will look cool in CGI

Also, I hope that it's actual God Darkseid and not one of his avatars, but that's probably unlikely
>>
>>81405673
I think Doomsday will act as his avatar
>>
>>81404595
Alexander Luthor doesn't care about the world. He wants to kill God.
>>
Anyone else notice that supes died the same way his father did?

Getting surprise stabbed in the gut by Saad
>>
>>81405383
Omega Beams and Agony Matrix

and heaps and heaps of parademons
>>
>>81404595
I thought it was more of a power thing than an alien hate thing. Bruce got all the "he's an alien" lines.
>>
>>81404659
I wanna disagree with you, but I can't.

Yeah. Literally autistic.
>>
>>81404918
No Lex hates Superman because Lex he makes Lex feel small. The idea that Lex is some great champion of humanity is a lie.
>>
>>81404595
>>also I know that Darkseid is coming but I don't care, Superman is the problem

Are people really this dense? Getting Batman to kill Superman was his plan. He was also looking into reviving Zod as a backup plan, yes.

Then he actually came in contact with the Kryptonian ship and all the information contained within. He learned of Darkseid and fucking lost it. It doesn't matter what he does now. If he spent all this time and effort just to take out one guy, imagine a galaxy-sized planet filled with abominations. In his eyes the planet is done for.
>>
>>81404595
Lex didn't give a shit about Superman being an alien. Lex hated Superman because Lex doesn't believe that people do good for the sake of being good, that power corrupts.
>>
>>81406590
>Galaxy-Sized Planet
Is Apokolips seriously that massive?
>>
>>81406700
Yes. Boom tubes actually shrink gods down when they comes to earth.
>>
>>81406700
The New Gods are larger than life in every sense of the word. When Boom Tubes bring them to Earth, they reduce their mass to human size. Vice versa when they bring people to Apokolips or New Genesis it increases them to that size. Promothean Giants are beings who tried to increase their size even further beyond that to physically breach the very core of the universe itself.
>>
>>81405631
Its petty and the fact he fucked earth to Darkseid just to kill Supes feels in character
>>
>>81406838
>Gains so massive they break the universe
That's a lot squat 'n' oats
>>
Isn't this Lex, Lex proper's son?
>>
File: Tao-Okamoto-Mercy-Graves.jpg (123 KB, 1421x799) Image search: [Google]
Tao-Okamoto-Mercy-Graves.jpg
123 KB, 1421x799
>>81404595
>I will also kill my assistant in a explosion at the congress to make Batman even more determited to fight superman, since I already know superman will not try to justify what happend there and will go on the mountains to meet his dead dad and be even more depressed
Fuck Lex for being too busy lusting over a green rock than banging her
>>
>>81405434
kek
>>
>>81406880
He's the main Lex either way. He's Junior to emphasize have daddy issues. They just named his dad Lex instead of Lionel or something.
>>
>>81404595
No idea. Usually when there' s a bigger problem Lex actually works with Sups.
Ike in final crisia or JL of johns, also in infinite crisis
>>
Is superman really dead what did that final shot of his coffin with the dirt moving mean? Does anyone actually know the sun powers him? Is he gonna be doomsday?
>>
>>81407650
Of course not.

That he will fly again. It was poetry with the MoS flight
scene.

Jor-El did. Not sure about human scientists.

No.
>>
>>81406962
she is a walking twig it was a mercy killing
>>
>>81407723
Her in that blue jacket and jeans.
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNGH
>>
>>81404595
quiet, Otis
>>
>>81407777
Otis should be introduced as a prison guard that Lex dupes into breaking him out.
>>
>>81404595

This version of Lex makes me want to hurl.

I will never forgive Snyder for this.
>>
>>81408189
Eh, but I like autist Lex.
>>
>>81404595
Worst part of the movie right here.

He was terrible.

Get a different Lex and take out the justice league stuff and it would have been a better movie.
>>
He's the Joker and only cares about chaos.
>>
>>81408254
Do you think this Lex would shitpost on 4chan using LexOS?
>>
>>81408311
>He's Lex Luthor and only cares about defeating Superman
>>
>>81405739
At first I thought you meant suicide by tornado.
>>
>>81408311
He's very different from The Joker, honestly.
>>
>>81407705
He might not get another solo movie though
>>
>>81408282
this
>>
>>81405739
Dude that's... That...
Oh my god. I know Snyder is not that intelligent or resourceful, but that sounds so good.
Darkseid is.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.