[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I finally started watching this and caught up with the current
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 146
File: is dis peri srs.jpg (84 KB, 541x477) Image search: [Google]
is dis peri srs.jpg
84 KB, 541x477
I finally started watching this and caught up with the current season.

Can we talk about it?
>>
>>81402605
No.
>>>/trash/
>>
Alright, shoot anon. What did you like? Dislike? Did anything in particular resonate with you? The show gets pretty feely at times, but even moreso when it deals with issues relevant to your personal life. Greg's and Rose's relationship caught me off guard because it was pretty beat for beat how I dealt with my last girlfriend.
>>
>>81402669
Greg and Rose's relationship was so cringey. Really should have been cut from the story.
>>
File: KVhmgA4.jpg (40 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
KVhmgA4.jpg
40 KB, 699x637
>>81402688
>>
>>81402715
>Having an opinion is bait.
SU fans everyone.
>>
>>81402669
... Your last gf just wanted sex, didn't think of you as a person, always hung out with her lesbian best friend who was obviously still crushing on her, fell in love with you, and died in childbirth?
>>
>>81402737
And yet, people say this is kid's show.
Forces romance should not be in a cartoon.
>>
File: Bait_9aea5c_5515578.jpg (34 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
Bait_9aea5c_5515578.jpg
34 KB, 625x626
>>81402724
>having an opinion that directly conflicts with another's opinion without offering a reason for having it
>>
>>81402688
Anything specific you found cringe about it? Because it's hard to discuss it as a general cringe you just had about the relationship.
>>
>always enjoy picking the brain of an anon new to a series
>but never know what to ask
>>
>>81402669

>What did you like? Dislike?

I really dont like how many "filler" episodes there are where they just pad out episodes with dumb shit to take up space.

I just want more plot based episodes, instead of "lol, lets watch steven do wacky stuff with the townspeople."

But it seems like they are leading up to the end of Season 2, so the filler episodes are starting to dissapear, which is good.
>>
>>81402724
Then you're going to have to elaborate. Extensively.
That's basically the crux of the entire show's premise, anon. You can't just say it shouldn't be there.
>>
>>81402762
Yeah, I can see how that might be annoying if you're marathoning it. Watching it as they were released was pretty fun because you followed along with the fandom, who fully jumps on-board with content and speculation.

Might be worth it to just cut the filler when this is all done and see how that plays out.
>>
>>81402762
>I just want more plot based episodes, instead of "lol, lets watch steven do wacky stuff with the townspeople."
I love the plot of SU but seriously, fuck people like this.
>>
>>81402762
I feel like both our problems could be been fixed (or at least made better) by the total removal of any Renaldo episodes.
>>
File: spides.jpg (54 KB, 551x459) Image search: [Google]
spides.jpg
54 KB, 551x459
>>81402776
>>81402757
>>
File: smugness 1000%.jpg (43 KB, 500x863) Image search: [Google]
smugness 1000%.jpg
43 KB, 500x863
>>81402669
>>81402762

Oh, I also though it was a cool revelation that theres tons and tons of the same gems mass produced in those "kindergardens". I guess Diamonds are the only ones there arent copies of? Are all other gems spawned from the diamonds originally?

That smug ass pearl serving Yellow Diamond was pretty funny.
>>
>>81402793
I'd like to see someone skip the "filler" just to see how tripped up they'd be. There's no filler in SU.
>>
>>81402737
Mostly the first two, little bit of the third, none of the last two.

Then again I haven't seen her in over nine months.
>>
>>81402812
Spider-Man is right.
>>
>>81402762
What manga is SU trying catch up to?
>>
>>81402776
It shouldn't be there because romance is stupid.
>>
>>81402762
Yeah, shit like Onion Friend and Rising Tides really feels hollow and boring. But it's nice that the show has a large returning cast of side characters and occasionally throws them an episode?
>>
>>81402818
Yeah, the Homeworld backstory is pretty interesting, especially how it's being offered piecemeal to the audience. Similar to the "filler" episodes, it was pretty fun to watch and speculate with everyone.
>>
>>81402865
How was Onion Friend hollow and boring? It should a member of the Crystal Gems interaction with a human; that's pretty fucking rare.
>>
Have we heard from VocarooAnon since he finished season 1?
>>
File: handsome squidward.jpg (25 KB, 350x263) Image search: [Google]
handsome squidward.jpg
25 KB, 350x263
>kept wondering why that one dude was called "Sour Cream"

>MFW episode with his family
>>
>>81402936
Honestly, human episodes have their own charm to them.
>>
>>81402902
Vidalia and Ame's gal pal thing was boring as shit. It didn't reveal anything about Amethyst (Besides her feeling like she doesn't fit in with the CGs, but we KNEW that from Tiger Millionaire and On The Run), and it didn't tell us anything about Vidalia besides her existing and being a shitty pile of 80's gurl cliches with some artist thrown on top
>>
>>81402958
Why does every interaction have to reveal lore and plot? I thought it was interesting to see Amethyst (who was born on earth) have a relationship outside of the Gems. It shows that she's really connected to Earth.
>>
>Stevens got the Highlander curse, and will remain ageless as Connie grows old
>>
>>81402762
I understand your frustrations with the 'filler' episodes, but if you take another look at those episodes you'll find in every one of them subtle lore or character related pieces (or tiny foreshadowing moments). In the end they might not be as exciting as the plot heavy episodes, but it's still a lot of fun to look for those tiny subtle pieces

>>81402908
No new vocaroo's unfortunately...however he did show up in the 'new episodes in June!!' threads. He asked for where to find S2 episode links
>>
>>81402958
>didn't tell us anything about Vidalia besides her existing and being a shitty pile of 80's gurl cliches with some artist thrown on top
It told us about her relationship with Marty, her new relationship with Yellowtail and why Onion can get away with shit.
>>
File: Asura.jpg (780 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Asura.jpg
780 KB, 1280x720
So what is the "end goal" of SU?

Are they going o topple and entire space empire and reform the government? Or are they just going to save earth and forever be rebels and leave it at that?

How badly will they get their asses beat when all the diamonds fuse to become the final boss?
>>
>>81403015
>80's

Not 90's?
>>
>>81403084
I think it's going to be, "Earth is off limits."

And maybe the CGs set their sights on a 'nearby' system that also needs protecting.
>>
>>81403084
Homeworld's empire depends entirely on the glorious rule of the Diamonds. If Steven can replace them, he can 'lead' Homeworld into the degenerate anarchy the CGs value so highly.
>>
>>81402991
Amethyst and Greg were TV buddies, and THAT was interesting. It's the only episode so far that deals with Amethyst and Rose's relationship.

Vidalia just feels made up and boring, like she was written in as an afterthought. If we never saw her again, nobody would really care enough to wonder why the show never came back to her. If we never saw Lars or Peedee, people would wonder what happened to them.

>>81403015
Oh, right, her relationship with Yellowtail.... Why the fuck was that a thing? I kinda remember her just handwaving it. No reason or explanation as to how their relationship works or what they see in eachother. Just "He was there". Anyways, Onion already had the absentee dad excuse.
>>
>>81403142

>Oh, right, her relationship with Yellowtail.... Why the fuck was that a thing?

It took me a bit to realize that Sourcream was the other guys son, and Onion was Yellowtails son. It finally clicked and i was like OOOOooooooohhhh.

But yeah maybe they will explain why she fell in love with yellowtail in another Onion episode?
>>
>>81403142
>Just "He was there"

You don't know women like that? Sluts in their youth, and once they get knocked up they get some beta to 'settle'.
>>
>>81403196
How beta is he if he's getting pussy while she takes care of the kids and home?
>>
>>81403142
>>81403176
The reason Vidalia loved Yellowtail was because he was a loving family man as opposed to Marty, who only looked after himself. It was pretty obvious from the episode.
>>
File: watusay.png (76 KB, 247x253) Image search: [Google]
watusay.png
76 KB, 247x253
Im actually still amazed at the effort thats put into this show. They must have gotten a hell of a budget to work with.

>DBZ magical girl fight with song and dance routine that matches the fight

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OWq38TikzU
>>
>>81402822
>Sadie's Song

That said, Onion Friend dropped a lot of subtle clues.
>>
File: 657987402.jpg (954 KB, 1152x7920) Image search: [Google]
657987402.jpg
954 KB, 1152x7920
>>81403239
He does? Where?

>takes care of the kids
How? While he's risking his life out on sea to feed his wife's kids, she paints pictures and let's the kids do what they want. Have you seen onion's room? She doesn't do shit.
>>
>>81403176

Because they wanted to demonstrate that type of family dynamic. Misunderstood bratty stepson who can't mesh with his stepdad, post-hardcore teen washed out into banal motherhood, Onion? The show has a mix of different family types.
>>
>>81403116
>Entire galaxys burn
Thats ok we still have earth
>>
Post your favorite to least favorite gems:
Peridot ≥ Pearl > Steven > Amethyst ≥ Garnet > Sapphire > Ruby > Lapis > Jasper

I put Lapis and Jasper at the bottom because we hardly know anything about them to be honest. I could see this change once we have some episodes focus on just either one of them
>>
File: tumblr_o0j27ePatl1sd1xkuo1_1280.png (220 KB, 706x1146) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o0j27ePatl1sd1xkuo1_1280.png
220 KB, 706x1146
>>81402992
Connie will never earth president/Queen if the people think she's dating a little boy!
>>
File: PEARLL.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
PEARLL.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
>pearls are just servant slaves to higher ranking gems that they buy like pets

>peridot remarks that the pearl in the SU group is a "fancy one"
>>
>>81403496
Switch Peridot and Steven and you get my favourites.
>>
>>81402822
There's ton of skippable filler in SU. Of the second season episodes I watched maybe a third in entirely, and just skimmed through the rest of them quickly. I was binging the entire series in one go, so that possibly affected me getting tired of it and wanting to just get up to date quickly though.
>>
>>81403520
Our pearl can "dress" herself. Most of them probably just match her master color scheme and call it a day. The diamond's pearls are fancy since they're bottom bitches.

Fucking CAPTCHA is making play brain games.
>>
>>81403640
Now that you mention it, CG Pearl has colours of all the four Diamonds, that being Blue, Pink, White, and Yellow.
>>
So Amethyst was supposed to be a huge fuck built like a brick house like Rose if her growth cycle wasnt fucked up for some reason? Was peridot fucked up too, or are all peridots tiny fuckers with robot limbs?

But then Rubys and Saphires are tiny little shits too?

I find it weird how many short as fuck people are in this show.

>steven stopped growing when he was like 11 years old, and hes as tall as several older people on the show
>>
>>81403699
Quartzes are huge soldiers loyal to the diamonds.

Rubies are small common foot soldiers easy to sacrifice and replace.

Peridots are small gem workers.

Sapphire is a small rare aristocrat.

Lapis was seen in BD's court meaning lapis lazuli(s) are high class gems or at least have the potential to be.
>>
>>81403699
Peridots are meant to be small and weak. They are produced for technical purposes anyway, not for fighting. I guess they compensate their physical weakness for brainpower though
I'm not sure if regular Amethysts are suppose to be as tall as Rose Quartz, but at least they should be twice the size of our Amethyst
>>
>>81402688
Hi there Rosepearl shipper.

Or hi there, Pearl.
>>
File: 1458014952142.jpg (122 KB, 600x491) Image search: [Google]
1458014952142.jpg
122 KB, 600x491
>>81403699

Tiny Gems seem to be a common thing on homeworld. Rubies, Saphires, and apparently Peridots are all tiny and apparently subservient.

A Gems size also seems to be relevant to how powerful they are or how high up they are in status. Rubies and Peridot are the shortest we've seen, and they seem to be grunts. Lieutenants like Jasper and Rose-Quartz are well over eight feet tall, and the diamonds themselves are fucking enormous. Gems seem to come in all sizes.

As far as Sapphire is concerned, despite being tiny, we know she's apparently a noble, but also serving as a pawn, albeit a very rare kind of one. Little gems appear to act as servants to the bigger gems. This would also explain why the homeworld looks down on cross-gem fusion, because two weaker gems like Sapphire and Ruby could suddenly become a gem even stronger than a Jasper, and challenge their whole caste system
>>
>>81403699
Some Gems are just short, and Steven is only short because he's a child.
>>
>>81402688

Go to bed, Pearl
>>
They need to do more episodes that show how things work in gem society.

Maybe its not all that bad, and the Crystal gems are just terrorists.
>>
>>81403973
>They need to do more episodes
ftfy
>>
>>81403973
Didn't seem like it, from what Homeworld was planning to do with Earth.
>>
>>81403699
Sadie and her mom are short.

Peedee and Onion are around Steven's age.

Nanafua is old.

Steven is usually around everyone's hip height.
>>
>>81403973

Gems are elitist pricks who dont even shutter at the thought of committing mass genocide for their own purposes. Terracide, even, They consider organic life to be about as valuable as insects. Or less.

More homeworld episodes would be fucking great though. Given that Peridot has mentioned that homeworld is "different" now from when she used to live there, they would need to show episodes from before the gems came to earth, and after. I wouldn't be surprised if the entire Earth incident had changed all of gem society completely.
>>
>>81404062

>Sadie and her mom are short.

Nah man. Sadies mom was pretty tall, and built like a fucking truck. Shes the mail lady with the knee brace.
>>
>>81404114

>Sadie has no dad
>Sour Cream has no confirmed dad
>Peedee has no confirmed mom
>Stevens mom is dead. Or is his own mom, or something

What the fuck is wrong with Beach City's parents?
>>
>>81404088

>Gems are elitist pricks who dont even shutter at the thought of committing mass genocide for their own purposes. Terracide, even, They consider organic life to be about as valuable as insects. Or less.

To be fair, when they first showed up on earth, humans were just a bunch of savages that may or may not have had loin cloths, clubing each others heads in for food with sticks and rocks.

They probably havent encountered any other sentient life, and humans were just some more animals to not give a fuck about to make their next space outpost and baby factory.
>>
>>81404136

>>Sour Cream has no confirmed dad

Gregs old manager is Sourcreams dad.
>>
File: 1437899170871.png (122 KB, 241x358) Image search: [Google]
1437899170871.png
122 KB, 241x358
>>81404136
>>Sour Cream has no confirmed dad
we not counting implied dads?
>>
>>81403997
People act like Homeworld originally had malice against humans and the Earth.

People chopping down trees in the forest aren't going out of their way to hurt the wildlife but they're not there to help them either. The animals just happen to live near a resource that we need.

Yellow diamond now holds a grudge against the Earth due to eco hippies.
>>
>>81404088
>Given that Peridot has mentioned that homeworld is "different" now from when she used to live there

You probably meant Lapis didn't you? Anyway it's still going to be really interesting on what both Peridot and Lapis could share about Homeworld. The Crystal Gems were secluded and completely clueless about the state of Homeworld for a very long time now. Now, both Peridot and Lapis are pretty valuable already for being able to fill in the blanks
>>
>>81404171

Shit, is that confirmed? Or just alluded to?

Either way, he sure isn't around anymore.
>>
>>81404171
>>81404276
Alluded. But it's a theory I could honestly see for being true in the end
>>
>>81404088

>Peridot has mentioned

Lapiz. Meant Lapiz. Whatever. Though Peridot has mentioned several times now that technology is fucking lightyears ahead of what it was back during the Earth invasion
>>
>>81404290

Its a pretty fucking solid theory. Sour Cream looks like Greg's manager. Sour Cream talks, Yellowtail and Onion don't. Sour Cream is fascinated by music. Its hardly even subtle.
>>
>>81404276
>>81404290
What theory? Go watch onion friend.
>>
>>81404313
>>81404318
Of course it's fucking obvious, but it's never been confirmed by any of the characters in the show
>>
>>81402808
This.

Renaldo/Sandy eps are the only ones I truly hate. Everyone else is either kind of funny, introduces a returning plot point, or not complete fuck ups.
>>
>>81404359
Well, how would you even bring that up?
The Gems won't care, Onion does not speak, Sour Cream sure as hell won't go around reminding people, Greg needs a prompt to ever tell Steven about anything...
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 709x1000) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 709x1000
I jerked it to this cover countless time when I was a kid.
>>
>>81404699
Yes, and?
>>
>>81403699
>>81403809
>>81403943

Height is status in Gem society. That's why Diamonds and Quartzes are so highly regarded, why Peridot used limb enhancers, and even why Pearls are (normal) human sized- by having tall pearls, their owners are flaunting their status even higher ("even my handmaiden is better than you").

Rubies, being Corundums like Sapphire, I feel have a similar total rank to Sapphire and Yellow Diamond's corundum/sapphire Crysoparas or something.

Rubies I feel are divide and conquer soldiers employed by Pink Diamond. It's extremely useful to have a number of small soldiers that can infiltrate a location then fuse to wreck havoc, instead of sending in the already big Quartzes.
>>
File: 1458334402335.png (122 KB, 523x568) Image search: [Google]
1458334402335.png
122 KB, 523x568
>I never believed in this place

What did she mean by this?
>>
>>81404994
That she never believed Earth could've been great.
>>
>>81404994
>Earth was a mistake
>>
>>81404945
Ah, it's Padparadscha for the pink-orange Corundum gems.

So going off my color theory, each type of Corundum is for a different Diamond.

Sapphire is Blue
Ruby is Pink
Padparadscha is Yellow
Emery (black ore/rock made from corundum) is White Diamond.

Quartzes work the same way-

Rose Quartzes for Pink
Jaspers for Yellow
Amethysts for Blue
And likely Smoky Quartzes for White.
>>
>>81404994
Lapis wanted to destroy the Earth, which is ridiculous because she is probably the most powerful gem on Earth
>>
>>81405009
>Make earth great again!
>>
File: IrVnVGC.jpg (548 KB, 1024x1024) Image search: [Google]
IrVnVGC.jpg
548 KB, 1024x1024
>>81405385
>>
>>81405016

>And Smoky Quartz for White.

>YFW Peridot's "Holy smokes!" line from the leaks is in fact foreshadowing to Smoky Quartz being a paladin-type warrior.

I feel like, aside from various birthstones, Smoky Quartz is one of the most likely gems to show up in the future, simply because we've already seen the other three most famous types of quartz in the show.
>>
>>81405432
Isn't Rose Quartz more of a paladin-type Gem?
>>
>>81402865
onion friend was good to me because, IMO, interaction with gems other than Steven is the easiest way to help make make the human characters seem a bit more interesting and relevant to the show

also, now that we've seen the Watermelon Society, i'm getting the strong sense that Onion People created by Rose have assimilated into human society and have been interbreeding with them for a long time
>>
>>81405456
Rose Quartz are the healing-type paladins, while Smoky Quartz are the smiting-type paladins.
>>
>>81405456

Rose seems like she'd be more suited to a medical role than a spiritual one, when she's not leading a rebellion.
>>
>>81403457
a lot depends on whether they can make gems from planets with no life, or just plant life

I hope they actually answer that because it seems like something that could get glossed over depending on where the story goes
>>
>>81405489
she's more of an overall support toolkit - healing, tanking, and summoning cannon fodder minions
>>
>>81402822
I skipped historical friction and love letters. Did I miss anything?
>>
>>81404225
>Doesn't mention jasper, a gem that has been around since earth was under gem ownership and has lived all 5 thousand years on homeworld

If anything jasper is the best they've got at the moment as she can tell both side of the story since she's experienced it
>>
>>81405571
Historical Friction was a fun episode with some CG lore.
>>
>>81404136
Sugar had mommy issues
>>
>>81405571
A valuable lesson about love.
>>
File: anything for a fan.png (1 MB, 1280x3008) Image search: [Google]
anything for a fan.png
1 MB, 1280x3008
>>81405571
>Historical Friction
You missed development on Steven and Pearl's relationship, also what >>81405584 said. I'd strongly suggest watching it.
>Love Letters
Garnet explains how she's in a relationship, kind of.
>>
>>81405572
The thing is, we don't have any clue in what way Jasper is going to be further developed. She might get redeemed or she might not. With Lapis and Peridot it's very clear these two are going to spend a lot more time with the CG soon.
Who knows Jasper might spill some beans one day, but I was only stating from what we've seen so far.
>>
>>81405571
You missed Jamie's entire character arc!

but seriously it was a relief that he wound up not quite being another pure cringe character like he seemed to be in Love Letters
>>
>>81405584
>>81405602
>>81405626
>>81405899
Soooo absolutely nothing then? Ok. And they tell me there's no filler in SU.
>>
>>81405479
>A 4channer equivalent fucked an onion.

I can see this being true.
>>
All I want from SU now is Peridot having some kind of tsundere/jealousy streak when she sees Connie and Steven together

I know, I'm scum, I can't help it though
>>
>>81405993
Why though, Peridot showed absolutely no interest in Steven as a partner. She at best thinks (begrudgingly) that he's more than meets the eye, but she has absolutely no hots for her.

Amethyst though... Now we're talking.
>>
>>81406066
This. It seems Amethyst and Peridot have some chemistry that might bloom at some point
>>
>>81405947
Historical Friction isn't filler.
>>
>>81406066
jealousy doesn't have to come from romantic feelings, people can be jealous of their friends spending time with/getting close to other people
>>
File: poil08.png (405 KB, 609x681) Image search: [Google]
poil08.png
405 KB, 609x681
>>81403512
>implying the great /ss/ revolution isn't coming
>>
>>81406702
It's not coming.
>>
>>81406702
It'll end just like your last revolution. Four women in a cave hiding for thousands of years from the superior /ll/ forces.
>>
>>81406743
>implying /ss/teven isn't Rose's great super weapon to finally end the Pedo Wars
>>
>>81406783
>a superweapon that can be killed by not feeding it
kek
>>
>>81406950
Good luck trying to starve someone who has access to food everywhere.
>>
>>81407069
Easy peasy, just cut off the access to the food.
>>
>>81407093
There are a lot of food stands near the temple, and the fridge is usually stocked with food assuming Amethyst doesn't eat one fifth of it every two days.
>>
>>81407138
There is no food in space though.
>>
File: 1443507815916.png (64 KB, 307x520) Image search: [Google]
1443507815916.png
64 KB, 307x520
Lapisfag reporting in
>>
I caught an episode today on CN while trying to cure a hangover. It looks weird, disjointed and completely off the rails, not in a good way. It seems to me they're going for the Regular Show shtick without understanding how to write a story, characters or a fucking joke. It's just zany for the sake of being zany and quirky for the sake of being quirky. Like fucking Adventure Time only worse.
>>
File: Lapis fucking killed Steven.png (784 KB, 1280x1254) Image search: [Google]
Lapis fucking killed Steven.png
784 KB, 1280x1254
>>81407165
If they're going to space, they could easily bring lots of rations with them, and food-producing shit and whatnot.
>>81407172
Lapis is a killer.
>>
File: cookie cat background.png (103 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
cookie cat background.png
103 KB, 640x360
just an fyi: there is going to be a 2 hour SU block on CN starting at 12pm, EDT.

have some Cookie Cats in the meantime.
>>
>>81407200
What was the episode about? Do you remember it's name? It sounds like you're describing the episode Garnet's Universe.
>>
>>81407213
Still. the thing is that Steven himself can't produce rations on his own, and he will eventually die if he gets cut away from the supply.
>>
>>81402758
Yo hold up don't worry, I got this.

HEY OP

WHO'S YOUR WAIFU, FAGGOT?
>>
File: NoNeedToCry.png (151 KB, 500x277) Image search: [Google]
NoNeedToCry.png
151 KB, 500x277
Have you ever cried while watching SU?
>>
>>81407230
I can't remember any of the names but:
>little fat kid follows some blue bitch with pointy nose in parallel universe or some shit
>there were those fucking Abatap mountains
>he almost falls to his death
>she din't give no fucks
>he cheers her up with some fucking weird-ass lion
>by pulling every possible thing from the lion's gory mane
>there's a montage
>they make up
>they go back
>there was some weird robot that looked like a 70's Nicki Minaj

I fucking hated it
>>
File: family.jpg (37 KB, 352x293) Image search: [Google]
family.jpg
37 KB, 352x293
>>81407267
There are various theories that Steven doesn't actually need to eat, drink, or breathe, but that's not been proven yet.
>>81407320
I cried to the extended intro.
>>
>>81407335
You watched the episodes Rose's Scabbard and Coach Steven, they're both very loved by SU fans.
>>
>>81407335
You fucking twat. That's 'Rose's Scabbard', a touching lore episode which doesn't make any sense without having seen any of the previous episodes. It's impossible to compare this (and especially this episode) to Regular Show
>>
File: 1459638661504.png (110 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
1459638661504.png
110 KB, 600x600
>>81407344
He nearly died of lack of oxygen once
>>
>>81407360
Well I thought it was absolutely terrible.
>>
>>81407431
Did you watch it dubed?
>>
>>81407431
Because that episode is very, very hard to understand without any context.
>>
File: 135629184851.jpg (36 KB, 488x358) Image search: [Google]
135629184851.jpg
36 KB, 488x358
>>81407200
>It seems to me they're going for the Regular Show shtick without understanding how to write a story, characters or a fucking joke. It's just zany for the sake of being zany and quirky for the sake of being quirky. Like fucking Adventure Time only worse.
The fuck? how on earth could you get RS vibes from this?
>>
>>81407431
You need context for that episodes
Do some research, some of the episodes, usually involving the town, aren't too lore related and you can watch them whenever, but the more plot-focused ones need to be in order

come back to roses scabbard after understanding you and it'll get you right in the feels
>>
>>81407448
I don't watch anything dubbed. Not animoo, not chink films, the only thing I remember watching dubbed was Aguirre.

>>81407451
I thought that she was a bitch for almost letting him die and still being very much upset at him. And he was a bitchboy for still trying to cheer her up after almost falling to his doom while she was not giving a shit. That fucking iron lion zion was too weird for me too. Not to mention >>81407344 blaxploitation Nicki Minaj seen here. I'll avoid this like the plague from now on.
>>
>>81407431
No shit sherlock. Of course without context it's trash
>>
File: 1426292620231.png (714 KB, 623x780) Image search: [Google]
1426292620231.png
714 KB, 623x780
>>81407200
>>81407335
>starts on episode 45
>surprised when he doesn't know or enjoy what's going on
>>
Why people reply to the bait?
>>
File: Steven garnet shrug.jpg (26 KB, 250x215) Image search: [Google]
Steven garnet shrug.jpg
26 KB, 250x215
>>81407335

>there was some weird robot that looked like a 70's Nicki Minaj
>Have to look up 70's Nicki Minaj realize that you mean Garnet.

Also that episode was the crux of a huge character arc, and a lot of what you described is based around context established in previous episodes. Also it sounds like you jumped in at the middle of the episode, the lion was pretty key from the beginning of it.

I still can't even begin to understand how you'd get an RS vibe from that though.
>>
>>81407335
This has to be b8

no one could actually be retarded enough to judge a plot and character driven series from a mid season episode
>>
File: 1457455179131.gif (997 KB, 540x539) Image search: [Google]
1457455179131.gif
997 KB, 540x539
>>81407511
You're calling Garnet "blaxploitation Nicki Minaj"?

And Pearl wasn't upset at Steven, not at all. She was upset at his dead mother, Rose. And she did give a shit about Steven almost falling to his death, there was just nothing she could do.

Watch the first 12 episodes, and if you like it, move on to watching the first 25 episodes.
>>
Will you retards stop telling him to get context? He is obviously dead set on not liking it so just move on and accept it. Not everyone has to like the show just because we do and you don't have to defend it against someone who doesn't like it
>>
File: 9fag.jpg (30 KB, 320x320) Image search: [Google]
9fag.jpg
30 KB, 320x320
>>81407571
>>
>>81407586
Wait what happened?
>>
File: trying too hard.png (405 KB, 1102x2097) Image search: [Google]
trying too hard.png
405 KB, 1102x2097
>>81407571
/sug/ is really, REALLY easy to bait
>>
>>81407596
Some dude started watching Rose's Scabbard in the middle of the episode and thought it looked like RS.
>>
>>81407564
this. He should have started with episode 24.
>>
>>81407583

Dude Im not even that guy but come on don't try and defend her not doing anything when he nearly fell to his death
That was a fucked up thing to do no matter how distraught she was
>>
>>81407596
See: literally every post above yours for the last 17 minutes
>>
File: lpd.png (298 KB, 544x569) Image search: [Google]
lpd.png
298 KB, 544x569
>>81407564
I think that's the problem with Steven Universe, it doesn't really fit the CN random episode schedule.
I must admit that I thought the same the first time I watched an episode on CN.
>>
>>81407622
It was fucked up, yeah, but was there anything she could do?
>>
>>81407653
>@
HOW?

>>81407647
Maybe act like she gave a shit.
>>
>>81407647
>climb down and pick him up
>use her magical gem powers to make a bunch of holo pearls to form a human chain to grab him
>do anything other than cry
It was fucked up and there is no way around it. Steven could have dropped to his death and all she did was go back to crying.
>>
>>81407663
On top of the platform she put distance between herself and the sword, and she was covering her face while crying. To me, that looked like she was horrified at herself for not doing anything to help him.
>>
>>81407689
What? Man you autistic as fugg :D:D
>>
>>81407685
Steven had his lion, he's got a bubble, he has a shield, and he's extremely resilient in comparison to normal humans, I think he'd be fine.
>>
>>81407713
So falling 20 gorillion miles would not hurt him because he's more resilient? Lad
>>
There are 2 things that are on my mind about Steven Universe.

1. Is humanity in this universe more advanced than us due to reverse engineering gem tech? I could see something like the USA and Soviet Russia fighting for control of a former gem area, or Nazi Germany believing that they were the Atlantians.

2. Where the hell is the government? A fucking space ship just crashed into the earth, and you mean to tell me that NOBODY, not even the fucking United States government, would be sending in Black Ops teams to capture and research whatever it is they had there?
>>
File: 1459671462654s.jpg (4 KB, 124x125) Image search: [Google]
1459671462654s.jpg
4 KB, 124x125
>>81402859
>>
>>81407750
Your putting way too much thought in a child's cartoon. Is every fan of the show overthinking it to the extreme?
>>
>>81407776
The autistic shitposter is in the thread, stop replying to him.
>>
>>81407713
God pearl fags will go any length to defend their waifu.
She is a fucked up neurotic gem who stood by as Steven who she claims to love could have been greviously injured. Yes she was crying and caught up in her emotions. Yes she was not thinking straight. But she still didnt do anything to help him when he was in need and it was a fucked up thing to do that could have led to his death.
>>
>>81407750
Government shit is boring and its clearly not heavily involved in Su's story.
>>
>>81407750
The gem colonisation is probably very present in human culture. I think the humans we see are very different from us. We would blow this planet up before giving it to some lesbian space rocks. These humans have felt the power of an intergalactic lesbian empire. They're still a subjugated race, living on a planet that's not theirs. Even after the retreat of Homeworld, its technology is controlling earth on autopilot.
>>
>>81407789
>>81407803
Gravity Falls had it, I don't see why SU can't.
>>
>>81405432
Leaks? What?
>>
>>81407789
Yes.
>>81407750
They will never address either of those things in the show and you will have to accept it. The only goverment official you will ever see if Mayor Dewey.
>>
>>81407750
The government and human military exist, they are dealing with "more important things" according to one of the crew members.
>>
>>81407835

The old leaks from February, nothing new.
>>
>>81407842
source?
>>
>>81407789
Have you seen some of the hints they've dropped in past episodes? The show is obviously made to be overanalyzed.
>>
>>81407747
I said he has a shield and a bubble, and also his lion who has teleportation abilities. He would probably be fine.
>>81407750
1: SU takes place in an alternative timeline where the Gems changed human history. For example, World War 2 didn't happen in SU. 2: I don't think the humans have gotten access to Gem-tech, it seems to be all locked up tight inside the temple.
>>81407789
You'd be surprised.
>>81407801
I'm not a Pearlfag, and she's not my waifu.
And you're still implying I don't think it was a fucked up thing for Pearl to not help Steven, and it was fucked up of her to not help him.
>>
>>81407200
The fuck? This is probably one of the least zany/quirky shows airing right now.
>>
>>81407750
The goverment would be an extraneous element in the SU story and it would clash with the tone of the story (this isn't NGE).

In fact the character of Mayor Dewey exists to make it a point that the goverment is entirely dependent on the gems to keep Earth safe.
>>
I have never watched the show 2bh, but from what I see in this thread the fans are even more autistic than Adventure Time's fans.
>>
>>81407864
Matt Burnnet trolling people on his twitter and people taking it seriously.
>>
>>81407864
i believe Matt said that a while back but I cannot source the tweet.
>>
>>81407904
True. Don't let autistic fans dictate what you want to watch though. And I appreciate you not just calling us MLP
>>
>>81407900
he got that from watching Rose Scabbard, got to be a troll.
>>
>>81407907
>The military are dealing with more important stuff.
>HAHA JUST KIDDING EPICALLY TROLLED! XD

this meme is retarded
>>
File: Banana.png (210 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Banana.png
210 KB, 1024x768
>>81407904
It's probably true.
>>
>>81407900
It's that same old shitposter who obsessively posts in every SU thread and somehow manages to be more autistic than the entire fandom combined. Which is saying something.
>>
File: hyper war.png (282 KB, 317x1442) Image search: [Google]
hyper war.png
282 KB, 317x1442
>>81407925
>MLP
I have no idea if there's overlap. This is the 1st time I ever tread in a SU thread and the only impression I get is that it's Adventure Time only with Finnish Autism on top of the regular one.
I don't see the cancer so many complaintfags on this board are bitching about
>>
>>81407904
AT is not good enough to get obsessed over, so its true.
>>
>>81407942
An intergalactic empire wants to wipe out your planet. What would be more important to the human race?
>>
>>81407942
>trusting anything Matt "the father of lies" Burnett says
>regularly fucks with fans and misleads them
>but no this true because I want it to be
Come on now
>>
>>81407980
Not anymore anyway. People really got into it back when it was still good
>>
File: 1455180291627.jpg (1 MB, 1400x2884) Image search: [Google]
1455180291627.jpg
1 MB, 1400x2884
When will the lapis episode air i need my lapis please rebecca you've had your fun with the peridot arc now please start the lapis arc already oh god i cant take waiting this long for my princess to return please rebecca make steven universe great again please bring back my sweet lapis
>>
>>81407904
>Judging something based on its fans.

That's pretty retarded and frankly, downright intellectually dishonest.

You don't even have a shred of context for what's being said here so of course it sounds retarded.
I mean, what did you fucking expect, to turn up here and just get everything we're talking about?

What kind of story do you expect that has every episode be an entry point for new people?

Mass Effect tried this and look what happened, all it does is diminish the overall story to bring it down to the level of idiots too unwilling to just go and get some context.
>>
File: arrow.gif (2 MB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
arrow.gif
2 MB, 400x224
>>81408017
Soon(tm)
>>
File: older steven and lapis.png (173 KB, 894x881) Image search: [Google]
older steven and lapis.png
173 KB, 894x881
>>81408017
Don't worry, she'll be back. Eventually. Maybe.
>>
>>81408022
You are the reason people hate /sug/
Calm the fuck down and stop taking everything as a personal attack it just makes us all look bad
I swear with how defensive people are of this show it seems like they don't think its good or something.
>>
>>81408022
>sperging like an autist

Proves my point lad. Also, I never said anything about the quality of the show, but in your assburgered rage you forgot the secret of shitposting and left it in the thread. And I, who you're replying to, am just some random /co/ fag. Not an SU fan, not an /mlp/, just some /co/ fag. You must control your autism anon.
>>
File: tumblr_nwk9dkFeVS1ryhaqto1_1280.png (654 KB, 1209x1920) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwk9dkFeVS1ryhaqto1_1280.png
654 KB, 1209x1920
IM FREAKING OUT I CANT LIVE WITHOUT MY SWEET BLUE WATER QUEEN I NEED MY LAPIS I NEED TO SEE HER FACE AGAIN I WANT TO KNOW THAT SHES OKAY I WANT HER BACK
>>
>>81408074
>>81408070
The guy doesn't even sound that mad.
>>
>>81408070
>You are the reason people hate /sug/
Hardly
>>
>>81408026
That is some gurren lagaan tier shit right there
>>
>>81408080
we may see her again on the 23rd May, according to a Latin America scheduling leak
>>
>>81408080
>>81408017
I genuinely can't tell if you're ironically shitposting or if you're really this autistic.

>>81408022
He never said anything about the quality of the show fagbot, he just said he thought /su/ is very autistic. Literally proving his point.
>>
File: samefag.jpg (166 KB, 636x480) Image search: [Google]
samefag.jpg
166 KB, 636x480
>>81408101
>>81408102
>>81408022
>>
>>81408017
a u t i s m
>>
>>81408148
>le samefag meme
>literally just pointing out that the reason /co/ hates /sug/ has nothing to do with its autism

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>81408130
I thought he meant that if the anon doesn't know the context in which we are discussing the show, of course it'll look autistic to him. Thats just my two cents though.
>>
>>81408171
Honestly I don't get the h9-1. If anything /su/ has been civil in this thread, even when it comes to discerning opinions or trolls.
The there's this >>81408022 fucking cockmuncher.
>>
File: 1440655374658.png (51 KB, 500x314) Image search: [Google]
1440655374658.png
51 KB, 500x314
>>81408111
Oh cool i guess i cab wait another month
>>81408130
Little bit of both. I actually like lapis and want her back but im obviously shitposting
>>
File: ignore him.jpg (36 KB, 360x377) Image search: [Google]
ignore him.jpg
36 KB, 360x377
>>
>>81408102
Autists like you ARE the reason people hate /sug/
You are so hyper defensive of any criticism leveled at the fandom or the show that you take people not liking it or saying the fandom is autistic (which you proved) personally. This makes others think all SU fans are this way and spreads a bad name. You want people to stop coming into the threads to criticize the show and fandom?
Stop replying to bait and learn to recognize it
Stop being so defensive against valid criticism like its bait
Stop being a dick to people
Be the positive change you retard.
>>
>>81408240
People like YOU are the reason people hate /sug/. You make things so serious and shit.
>>
>>81408213
>Honestly I don't get the h9-1
It's a mix between half of /co/ hating the show, the other half of /co/ really loving the show to the point where when it's airing we burn through six general threads a day, and the kind of retarded shit you'd see showcased in those simulator videos that one guy made.

>>81408240
>Autists like you
>le samefag meme again
See >>81408171, idiot.
>>
>>81408240
I'm >>81408213, and coming from a guy who quit /tv/ about a couple of months ago this thread is fucking Shangri-La. I honestly see heavy autism but not nearly as aggressive or egregious as /co/ has lead me to believe.
>>
>>81408283
>autists like you
>autists
>s
Reading comprehension
>>
File: tumblr_nsc1771yVa1uo6bepo1_400.jpg (35 KB, 378x427) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsc1771yVa1uo6bepo1_400.jpg
35 KB, 378x427
Everyone here is being so toxic wow i bet this is because we need more lapis for some good vibes
>>
>>81408320
Except the rest of your post is clearly addressed to the other guy considering how at no point I defended the show or the fandom. Nice try though.
>>
File: dance.gif (163 KB, 340x570) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
163 KB, 340x570
>>81408372
>lapis
>good vibes
>>
File: 1459218716547.png (2 MB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1459218716547.png
2 MB, 2000x2000
>>81408372
>Lapis
>good vibes
Not after what she did to Steven.
>>
File: baithead.jpg (98 KB, 555x557) Image search: [Google]
baithead.jpg
98 KB, 555x557
>>81408080
>>
>>81408401
>waifuposting is bait

how new r u
>>
File: 1456713666874.gif (1 MB, 369x213) Image search: [Google]
1456713666874.gif
1 MB, 369x213
>>81408372
>Everyone here is being so toxic
this is /co/ for you, come to trash, we're chill and there's porn
>>81408397
noice
>>
>>81408384
>>81408397
Lapis only produces sad/mad vibes now, but she used to make good vibes ;-;
>>81408472
I'll check it out, but GEMS ARE NOT FOR SEXUAL
>>81408401
Welcome to 4chan kiddo lmao
>>
File: praisediamond.jpg (429 KB, 1000x953) Image search: [Google]
praisediamond.jpg
429 KB, 1000x953
>>81408536
Would you call THIS a "good vibe"?
>>
>>81408571
Lapis is smiling and steven isnt being purged so its safe to say thats an ok vibe
>>
File: 1457944010670.png (411 KB, 1059x891) Image search: [Google]
1457944010670.png
411 KB, 1059x891
>>81408653
But she stole him away from the other CGs, who love him the most in the whole world. Do you really want Lapis to elope with Steven, ultimately taking him away from the CGs, who are his family?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ghs3cQl1A
>>
>>81407424
That never happened. In Ocean Gem he visibly was not struggling to breathe, he just wanted to save Connie. Not to mention his trip up the water tower, and how much oxygen do you think was at the top?

In Warp Tour he was just exhausted, he sort of accepted his fate while floating outside the stream but never struggled to breathe or speak.

They have deliberately never showed Steven having difficulty breathing. He only seems to gasp or take notice of it when he's focusing on it, like when he was travelling up the water tower and deliberately held his breath.

My theory is that while he can breathe, he doesnt actually need oxygen. Not only has he shown signs of of before, but it will make the storytelling simpler when the gems go to space.
>>
>>81408768
Lion 3. The only way he figured out there wasn't air was because he couldn't breathe.

Homeworld will probably have air for the same reason the moon base did, so they can communicate.
>>
>>81408733
Berl only tolerates him because she wanted to fug his mom and he's sort of his mom, amethyst loves him but shes a danger to him. Garnet loves him but she isnt all that talkative. Lapis only knew him for 30 mins and she already nearly convinced him to leave earth and come to homeworld with her. He didnt go because the CGs are his family but you could see it in his face, he actually considered it for a second. L a p i s i s t h e b e s t c h o i c e
>>
>>81408768
>he visibly was not struggling to breathe
I think he was drowning AND preoccupied with Connie
>In Warp Tour he was just exhausted
Lack of oxygen does that. You get tired, sleepy, etc
>They have deliberately never showed Steven having difficulty breathing
Huh? They did >>81408820
>My theory is that while he can breathe, he doesnt actually need oxygen
Strange theory of yours...
>>
>>81409059
Thanks for sharing...
>>
File: maxresdefault (1).jpg (77 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (1).jpg
77 KB, 1920x1080
>>81409059
she's pretty tall, how would you reach her face
>>
>>81409116
Ladder?
>>
>>81407216
> Historical Friction/Sadie's Song together
1:00 Eastern = 30 minute piss break.
>>
>>81406325
You're going to be disappointed when you realize it's just about Peridot's admiration of Amethyst's status as a Quartz, and is more like hero worship than romance.
>>
File: ballista.jpg (40 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ballista.jpg
40 KB, 600x600
>>81408026
That bow is bigger than a fucking ballista.
Imagine how much force is behind that arrow.
>>
>>81402688
Greg and Rose's relationship led to some of the best episodes in the entire show. You sir, are a nigger.
>>
>>81408070
>You are the reason people hate /sug/

How melodramatic.

And the Oscar goes to...
>>
File: 1453818159396.jpg (234 KB, 1280x1024) Image search: [Google]
1453818159396.jpg
234 KB, 1280x1024
>>81409332
AND THE OSCAR GOES TO....

WHITE CONNIE
>>
https://twitter.com/cartoonnetwork/status/716658410591137792

Well? Which one are you? (I guess steven will never have any real powers and they want nothing more to do with him)
>>
>>81408472
>so toxic
These are words that idiots and trolls throw around to try and trump up some synthetic atmosphere of 'out of control shitposting' when in actual fact they've just entered a thread, someone made them a bit mad over something and now they're going to personally try and shitpost back twice as hard for some sort of nerd revenge or whatever.

Get over yourself.
>>
>>81409401
2cute
>>
I like art of "what-if" fusions, they're really interesting from character design

Has anyone ever drawn a Rose/Jasper fusion?
>>
>>81409403
>No Steven

What are you getting at, CN?
>>
>>81409403
CN acknowledging Peridot as a CG, some actually pay attention to the show surprisingly. I voted Amethyst.
>>
File: 1454875057949.jpg (61 KB, 811x608) Image search: [Google]
1454875057949.jpg
61 KB, 811x608
>>81409440
No shit, dude
just stating what I see on a daily basis
I'm chilling here and you should too, take it easy... here have this cute Pearl
>>
>>81409517
wow, amethyst is actually winning. I guess people are being honest and not just treating it as a popularity contest
>>
>>81409403
>no Steven
CN hates men confirmed
>>
File: Lapis_by_SirPangur.jpg (432 KB, 846x1181) Image search: [Google]
Lapis_by_SirPangur.jpg
432 KB, 846x1181
>>81409403
Lapis may be the best gem, but its very clear that amethyst is the best CG.
>>81409440
Chill out, anon, he wasnt even the one who originally said you guys were being toxic. Leave him alone pls
>>
File: 71c.jpg (281 KB, 700x715) Image search: [Google]
71c.jpg
281 KB, 700x715
Since when do people like Amethyst? Not that I'm complaining, she's p. good
>>
>>81409477
>>81409601
>>81409680
isn't that obvious?
Steven is the main character so he probably would win
also, take into account that CN might be referring to pure gems and Steven is hybrid
>>
>>81409742
She was the voice of reason when berl and garnet were having a drama bomb. Im guessing people saw her in a new light after that
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 146

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.