[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Promise me, /co/. Promise me we won't turn on Tom King.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 17
File: tom king.png (305 KB, 579x405) Image search: [Google]
tom king.png
305 KB, 579x405
Promise me, /co/. Promise me we won't turn on Tom King.
>>
>>81401247
It's already happening.
>>
>>81401247
What has he even written?
>>
>>81401247
If it sells well then we'll hate the book.

But if sales drop considerably then we'll continue to love him and whine about how comic fans are dumb
>>
>>81401247
We haven't turn on Ewing or Hastings, yet, so there's still hope.
>>
>>81401291
Grayson
Sheriff of Babylon
Darkseid War: Green Lantern
The Vision
The Omega Men
>>
>>81401291
Grayson, and Darkseid War: Green Lantern.
>>
>>81401291
A bunch of pretentious garbage and "Nightwing becomes a gun-toting secret agent and hits on gay dudes": The Series. Among /co/'s most overrated writers.

>inb4 King defense force gets triggered
>>
>>81401247
I'll turn on him until he gets a good artist on Batman with him
>>
Just as long as he checks the SJW bullshit at the door then we're cool.
>>
>>81401394
He uses the gun as a batarang.
>>
>>81401416
Does anybody have that list of SJW stuff that /co/ just ignores about Grayson, because King is responsible for most of it and probably okayed the rest.
>>
>>81401416
It'll seep through like it always does. Just hope it's kept at a minimum. After TDKIII went full SJW thanks to Azzerello ghost-writing it within the first few pages, I'm in desperate need of some non-pandering Batman.
>>
Scott Snyder used to be regarded as the best writer DC had and now he tends to be loathed or just straight ignored in those conversations , it just takes one bad book or even just one bad moment to have /co/ turn on someone. For me when it comes to King I like his prose type of writing he showed off in Vision and haven't really liked anything else he's written outside of that and Sheriff of Babylon, really I would like him to write novels since I think that's what he could excel at.
>>
>>81401304

You don't remember the whole "It's about ethics in hammer wielding" fiasco? /co/ was up in arms with its hate for "the female Thor" book, even though it appeared in Loki. Then they started hating on Ewing.

Ultimates was bashed from the start for not having any white guys on the team because that seriously triggers nu/co/.
>>
>>81401247

Thanks to based King I now know how mysoginistic it is to call a girl a girl.
>>
>>81401533
>black Helena
>Tiger
>3/4 of the Grayson schoolgirls are different races
>okay with female sexualization (Alia, the princess in Omega Men, Vision's wife) and male sexualization (Dick, Kyle)
>writes Dick as hating guns despite King himself being okay with them
>sympathetic to Omega Men despite them being terrorists
>Sheriff features two Iraqi main characters, both of which he are also sympathetic too, even the "villain"
>red skin page in Vision
>those kids in Vision calling his kids' names and spray painting it on their house
>Duke to be Bruce's sidekick in Batman

Thank goodness Dick is shirtless enough for people to forget or ignore these things.
>>
>>81401607
Well Black Mirror, American Vampire, and Swamp Thing were all solid. Then Death of the Family and Endgame happened. I'm willing to be the main Batman comic had more readers here than his previous great stuff
>>
>>81401460
Well yeah... King was a CIA agent before becoming a writer
>>
>>81401689
>writes Dick as hating guns despite King himself being okay with them

JEE I WONDER WHY
>>
>>81401689
yeah I expect him to be sympathetic to terrorists in comics because he sure as hell wasn't in real life
>>
>>81401247
I enjoyed his work on Grayson, but my mind wasn't blown by it. His dialogue has a sophomoric fixation with being cute and clever. I think he has promise, but I haven't read anything else he's worked on. I'm interested in his Batman run.
>>
>>81401416
I'm sure you fags will find an SJW boogeyman either way.
>>
>>81401801
>His dialogue has a sophomoric fixation with being cute and clever.

So Matt Fraction?
>>
>>81401689
>literally a nonissue
>What about him?
>Seeing as it's an international spy organization it's to be expected
>when did /co/ start hating sexualization?
>So Dick is in character?
>Against a totalitarian government who goes only after said totalitarians
>Except they're clearly written as villains
>Okay
>because young boys and teenagers never do these kinds of things
>And?

I realize this is likely bait but something tells me the more /r9k/ members of /co/ would bitch about this unironically.
>>
>>81401801
His current Vision run is insanely good.
>>
>>81401689
Oh also the "not calling women 'girls'" thing kinda triggered /co/ for a thread or two
>>
>>81401247
We'll turn on him when he says on Twitter that sexism hasn't been abolished forever and ever because that would be a horrible thing to say
>>
>>81401893
Fraction is more smug than clever. And he's a fucking meme writer.
>>
>>81402107
> he's a fucking meme writer.
What does that even mean?
>>
>>81401689
Duke is Synder not King
>>
>>81402224
I think it just means that he's popular with he tumbler and blogger crowd thanks to Hawkeye and Sex Criminals
>>
>>81401977
why is /co/ nothing but butthurt gamergaters and r/MRA posters now
>>
>>81402454
We are the Eltingville Club
>>
>>81402224
Read his shit.
>>
>>81401304
Ewing sucks but Hastings is based
>>
>>81401689

>This is what /co/ considers "SJW"

No wonder this board is shit
>>
>>81402548
anyone who is afraid enough of SJW shit to even use the term "SJW" is a mouthbreathing tard so
>>
>>81401741
Swamp Thing also went down hill with Rotworld, and Superman Unchained was disappointing.

Zero Year was great though
>>
>>81402454

Horseshoe theory bruh.

>Tumblr idiots like an artist
>does something to trigger them
>REEEEEEEEE DIRTY WHITE MALE SHITLORD

>/co/ likes an artist
>does something to trigger them
>REEEEEEE DIRTY SJW

Like any good witchunt, you have to prove that you are at all times not part of The Enemy, and if you at any point espouse the opinions of The Enemy to even the smallest degree you are branded as one of The Enemy forever.
>>
>>81402608

And it went straight back up when Rotworld finished to the point it was better than what came before. As crossovers go Rotworld was far from the worst
>>
>>81402635
fucking idiots

it's a good thing you and I are slightly less dumbfucks huh
>>
>>81402644
Yes, but that was because Soule replaced Synder
>>
>>81402654

I'm pretty retarded, anon.

Just not that kind of retarded.
>>
>>81401416
Exploring themes of identity isnt inherently sjw
>>
>>81402667
well that's what I mean

I don't think I'm so much smarter than anyone, I'm more just constantly amazed there's people even fucking dumber than me
>>
>>81401539
>the BLM issue of Batman written by Azzarello
I don't think I was meant to laugh at how bad it was, but it was so fucking stupid
>>
>>81402253
no he says duke is robin.
I hate him..
>>
Duke is just more prominent because he's Snyder's pet that's all. Damn I was hoping for Batman books without the influence of Snyder.
>>
>>81401607
His Omega Men is brilliant. It's very much comics written as comics. Some of the pane/layout choices are just amazing.
>>
>>81403718
Yup it's a Snyder show,king just outright says Duke will be the new ward, Duke is gonna be robin. Don't really care for him .'ll just stick with Nightwing now
>>
>>81401689
I was wondering how Damian would feel about duke being Bruce's ward.
>>
>>81403894
Play Linkin Park and cut himself, I guess.
>>
>>81403917
there is a rumor of suicide attempt by BC
NO JOKE .
>>
>>81403894

I don't hate Duke but he has come too early and is egging Damian out of a positon that he hasn't reached his full potential in yet IMO.

I was hoping that King would use Damian more after Rebirth and make the Robin title mean something again, but the fact that the comic opens with Alfred, Gordon, and Duke is rather telling.
>>
>>81403894
Brings him back from death, only to then send him off on his own while he takes in a new teenager. At some point they'll have to address Damian.
He is10.
Letting Damian not be Robin at all makes Bruce look like a shitty Dad!
>>
I was hoping that Duke Thomas, like Harper Row, would just be forgotten and have small guest appearances. Now he's a freaking ward?

Crap.
>>
>>81404054
Bruce is a shitty father who doesn't care enough to spend time with his son.
>>
Duke is Tim Drake 2.0. Very safe, nothing to really not like about him, but at the same time nothing to really like about him either. His personality is just very plain and indistinct. Problem is having multiple Robins or Robin-esque figures is redundant and kind of confusing. They have Bruce's 10-12 year old kid Damian outside of Batman running around on his own as Robin, but in Batman they gonna have Bruce taking in a new teenage ward to train as a new Robin-esque figure, while at the same time in Tec' they're putting Tim back in his Robin costume to take part in Batman's boot camp.
>>
>>81401247
But OP, we always hated him. People who praised him was just one guy.
>>
>>81404100
It would be nice to have Damian in Batman and it would give me more of an excuse to read it (it's kinda put me off a bit that King & Snyder are working "really, really closely together").

As long as I have Dick & Damian, I don't care that much about Bruce. We all know Grayson is Damian's real Daddy!
>>
Of course we'll turn on him.

Hell given all the stuff he's put out so far and I'm surprised there isn't regular
>muh Iraq war
shitposting about him
>>
>>81404183
I still hope Damian will be the main Robin in Batman. I was surprised to see Duke on the cover...
Anyway if King doesn't use him I wouldn't mind Damian to be Dick's Robin again
>>
>>81404202
bruce/dick is still my favorite duo but dick/damian are my second favorite,
>>
File: RebirthNightwing-6fc7b.jpg (201 KB, 621x855) Image search: [Google]
RebirthNightwing-6fc7b.jpg
201 KB, 621x855
>>81404183
Nightwing and Robin .Well that works for me,
>>
>>81401948
Found the SJW guys. He probably doesn't even attend KKK meetings either
>>
>>81402224
It means that /co/ has already beat the memes into the ground
>>
>>81401689
Really?this is what you guys consider SJW? Having Iraqi main characters or including characters of different ethnicities in an international spy organisation. Jesus Christ, God save you.
>>
>>81403894
Duke is already older than Damian, the whole thing's pretty retarded. They could've made him anything else but Robin.
>>
>>81404609
>they didn't make him the new Batwing
>>
>>81404559
Welcome to /co/
>>
>>81404183
I bet Damian and Tiger would get along nicely. They can compete in how many times per night each of them calls Grayson an idiot.
>>
Is he like Chcuk Dixon? A republicunt, but a professional: he won't use characters he doesn't own for his agenda.
>>
>>81401247
/co/ turned on him when he signed the DC exclusive though.
>>
>>81404609
They are you fucking retard. He is going to be called lark. Does any one on the site actually read comics? Or do they just cry like a baby whenever a non white character shows up
>>
>>81404644
cuteeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
>>
>>81401304
>Hastings
I haven't heard of them. What's their full name, I'd like to check out what they've done.
>>
>>81404726
Damian is not white.
>>
>>81402608
I liked Unchained
>>
>>81404749
Some crap webcomic. That's where current Marvel looks for talent now, go figure.
>>
Big D and Little D
>>
>>81404765
>tfw success of X-Men '92 will only cement Marvel's intention to look for webcomic talents
>>
>>81404800
Why is Damian drawn like a middle aged midget though?
>>
that was really sweet.
>>
>>81404765
>dr. Mcninja
>crap webcomic
Fuck off
>>
>>81402495
I've read his Hawkeye. It was good. What do you mean by it was "meme writing"?
>>
File: tumblr_maf8tfQQyC1qhsyv1o1_500.jpg (70 KB, 500x347) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_maf8tfQQyC1qhsyv1o1_500.jpg
70 KB, 500x347
>>
>>81401304
Hastings hasn't gotten a high profile book yet. Once that happens it's all downhill.

Scott Snyder avoided this for awhile by starting on a high-profile book but even he couldn't hold back the tide.
>>
>>81404202
Damian has never had a parental support structure in his life, but he desperately wants it. He already knows he can’t get this from Bruce In other words, Dick is able to do what Bruce was trying to do. He has more patience, and he’s more emotionally available than Bruce. Dick is willing to give Damian that chance at a better life.
>>
File: image.png (103 KB, 403x428) Image search: [Google]
image.png
103 KB, 403x428
>>81404884
The overuse of the word "meme" is some bullshit /tv/ nonsense that's been trickling here recently. Probably because of the BvS crossover.

It's just a shitposting buzzword. When everything is a meme nothing is a meme.
>>
>>81405039
I realize. We've been using "meme" as a criticism for months and months though.
>>
>>81405039
>BvS
Nice obsession, bro.

>>81404884
Remember LE PIZZA DOGE LOL ?
>>
>>81405271
What about it? All he did was say a typical thing people say to cute dogs while he fed him some pizza. I'm not replying anymore. Should I just filter "le"?
>>
>>81402454
My wife's biracial son and I would love to know that as well.
>>
>>81405339
>Hamburger cat
>Pizza Dog
get it?
>Should I just filter "le"?
If you want to miss all the posts with words that use "le"? Legitimately!
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (188 KB, 698x564) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
188 KB, 698x564
>>81404836
This hits even harder when you realize that Damian was having nightmares of Dick not finding him worthy
>>
>>81401539
>After TDKIII went full SJW thanks to Azzerello ghost-writing it within the first few pages

How? Miller's the least PC guy in mainstream comics, why would he okay that?
>>
>>81407092
Cop brutality against blacks and Carrie and Superman's girl child having a prominent role. /co/ is just retarded, TDK3 us more topical than sjw.
>>
>>81402454
because /v/, /pol/, and /tv/ all love capeshit movies now
>>
>>81403894
Good thing King said he's going to have Damian in the book to write about just that.
>>
>>81407535
>/v/, /pol/, and /tv/
So glad I don't like them.
>>
>>81403894
when have any of the Robins liked their immediate successor?
>>
>>81401394
as soon as you use the term defense force you lose all credibility
>>
>>81401689
you are the worst type of person

the person who looks for the sjw boogeyman

whats wrong with making minority characters that make sense? I understand the hate when marvel shoe horns in minorities and basically destroys other characters and makes them the boring old establishment racist mysoginist, but here the minority characters make sense and are believable.

Also, why are you mad that the villain isn't one dimensional? Do you just want a one dimensional villain?
>>
File: unnamed.jpg (28 KB, 426x240) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
28 KB, 426x240
>>81401247
>king produces anything under 10/10
>entire board turns on him

Literally smarks
>>
>>81402224
all I know is that fraction can only write one type of character

somebody post that image of his iron fist doing that karate chop and saying hiya or something like that
>>
>>81408389
>As soon as you use a term I don't like you lose credibility

Grow up you obnoxious fangirl.
>>
>>81408474
>muh boogeyman boogeyman
>>
>>81408474
It's a copy paste anon
Some anons tried pointing out all the things /co/ would have and have blasted other writers for
They missed a few things and it was made a while ago so it needs to be updated though
>>
I was reading a interview yesterday and got some new bits about the book

-The two people on the cover are 2 new heroes called Gotham and Gotham girl
-They come to the city because they think batman is some evil bad guy
-The idea king came up with is that back in the CIA he would go to countries acting like super heroes but would realize the situation isn't so black and blue and there was more going on. He is emulating that.
-Sounds like there are already several bat events being planned with both him and snyder co plotting.
>>
We turn on everyone, it's in our nature.
>>
>>81404836
I really like those pages that king does

those pages where grayson sees someone from his past and a bunch of iconic lines between them make up the background

King also played that game on his twitter where fans tried to find the exact pages where he got his lines from
>>
>>81401304
>Kekwing
Sure is /co/mblr in here
>>
>>81401247
I will reserve my right to turn on King until Vision #12 drops.
>>
>>81408496
Holy shot, we are.
>>
You can't stop THE TURN

But I'll keep loving him, he's my creatorusbando
>>
File: 1455581386422.png (153 KB, 560x582) Image search: [Google]
1455581386422.png
153 KB, 560x582
>>81401247
We will if you keep saying "we".
And if you keep making threads where you clutch your pearls about /co/ turning on King.
There have been more posts worrying about the inevitable turn on King than there are posts that actually express distaste for the guy.
>>
>>81405629
From which issue is this?
>>
>>81401801
>fixation with being cute and clever

That's because he's writing Dick, that's just good characterization
>>
>anons constantly playing up the "People will turn on King" meme don't realize they're feeding into a self-fulfilling prophecy.
>>
>>81409051
It's a social experiment: if we keep saying it will happen then /co/ won't turn on him just purely out of spite
>>
>>81401689
>>81407316
Acknowledging police brutality is hardly SJW. It's when you go full BLM that you're SJW.

The police have been hassling superheroes since day 1.
>>
>>81409065
You can't meme magic your way out of this one.
>>
>>81409226
Only /tv/, /pol/, /v/, and /mu/ have the ability to use meme magic. /co/ doesn't. I think only boards with high traffic can use it.
>>
>>81404262

Remember when Tim and Dick were super close? Why can't that come back? Fuck Duke replacing Damian. He is really replacing Tim.
>>
>>81409226
>>81409274
>not knowing /co/ created the hypercrisis and continues to power it to this day

Have you not noticed the Thunderbolts suddenly showing up in everything after their runs got storytimed here?
>>
I'm a little out of the loop, what makes someone a SJW nowadays?
>>
>>81409326
Not thinking minorities should be gassed.
>>
>>81409065
No, it'll just result in even MORE shitposting because even the slightest criticism will be considered a troll or attack.
>>
>>81401977
>>81402454
We had one thread. Singular. Which was made for the express purpose of "triggering /co/". Most of the thread was filled with posts wondering why it was supposed to be some amazing stealth satire, and anons getting mad that other anons were being such smarmy little shits.
And when people didn't freak out as hard as OP wanted, it ultimately turned into a worrysome circlejerk about how awful it's going to be when /co/ heel turns on King. Just like this thread.

Seriously, what the fuck is up with these threads?
>>
>>81408757
OK, Bitch Ewing.
>>
>>81409326

At this point it would be easier to list what doesn't.

The boogieman is getting a little out of hand.
>>
>>81409326
Demanding censorship for anything that offends you, especially involving sexy women. Often extending into IRL doxxing, harassing, death threats, and getting people fired.

Basically being a religious fundie while pretending to be a liberal.
>>
If he writes something shit, I'll call him out on it. His weakest works so far have been a teen titans annual (which he co-wrote and was mediocre), and Robin Wars (his issues I thought were still decent). Everything else he's writen has been top tier and I've absolutely loved them. If his Batman is of that quality I'll still love him.

But if I wasn't familiar with his past works everything he has said about his Batman work would have me a bit worried.
>>
>>81409424
Unfortunately alt-right shitposters use it against anyone even remotely left of center as well.
>>
>>81404812
Chris Sims didnt have a webcomic
>>
>>81409326
"Whatever I like getting criticized" or "something I don't like"

Changes depending on the individual
>>
>>81409387
Honestly, I don't really think it's that people don't want others people to turn on King. I think people are just tired of others turning on every "acclaimed creator.
>>
>>81409451

Yes he did. On Chris's Invincible superblog. Just a minor feature. Honestly we have heard that the webcomic crop Marvel has hired has been shit at being in time so I doubt we will see much more. Only one I expect one day is Willis.
>>
>>81409450
True, the same way SJWs scream "racist" and "sexist" at anyone who slightly disagrees with them.

Two sides of the same coin.
>>
>>81409542
I doubt Henderson is ever late, she keeps getting hired for things despite her awful "style."
>>
>>81409019
Not really. It runs through a lot of the dialogue. Even with Dick it occasionally feels unnatural and grating. As I said I haven't read his other stuff, so maybe it's simply him struggling with a Dick Grayson book's tone and it isn't an issue elsewhere.
>>
>all those nicknames people will come up with to further drive shitposting

Which are you all looking forward to? I think "HacKing" will be a big hit, because it's both simple and nonsensical.
>>
>>81409542
>Only one I expect one day is Willis
>>
>>81409574
She had a webcomic?
>>
>>81401247
fagget here, this man is very sexy
>>
>>81401607
He's written a novel. From what I hear it is his weakest work.
>>
>>81409614
>new 52 Stormwatch

Triggered
>>
>>81409654
Comic book writers usually have that problem.
>>
>>81409613
I still love him, but I don't think we're going to do better then HACKing.
>>
>>81409615
Well she's an artist from the internet.
>>
>>81409731
Hardly the same thing.
>>
>>81409670
Warren Ellis (Ruins exists so his novel would have to be historically bad)and Neil Gaiman are probably the only exceptions
>>
>>81409615
Guilded Age.
>>
>>81409798
Nope.
>>
>>81409614

I didn't say I want him to be hired. I just expect it.
>>
>>81409681
CucKing will still be the most popular though
>>
>>81409798
Ellis' prose work sucks.
>>
>>81409822
If people are going to be that lazy, they'd probably use "Kuck" instead.
>>
>>81409654
It's okay, it was also his first full length writing work and it's about superheroes so I went in with little expectations.
>>
>>81409799
Hrm, that art is noticeably less sucky than Squirrel Girl. What went wrong?
>>
>>81409833
Still better than Ruins
>>
>>81409902
Henderson stopped drawing.
>>
>>81404662
His personal politics don't intrude upon his writings because he's a good writer
>>
>>81409928
I mean at the beginning.
>>
>>81410595
23 pages a month versus 12
>>
>>81410578
So is Dennis O Neil a bad writer? Because he sure all hell inserted his beliefs in a lot of his works.
>>
>>81410642
Capullo managed that without suffering from a drop in quality.
>>
>>81404989
Faggots are mad about Gwenpool tho
>>
>>81401689
wow /co/ really is a bunch of virgins
>>
>>81410578
>His personal politics don't intrude upon his writings
yes they do, are you retarded? his works so far all heavily involve his personal politics

he doesn't use characters as blatant mouthpieces or waste entire pages on wordswordswords speeches because he's a good writer
>>
File: P00019.jpg (19 KB, 201x286) Image search: [Google]
P00019.jpg
19 KB, 201x286
>>81401689
So I was right. King is like Dixon: >>81404662
>mfw
>>
>>81410941
Capullo's been drawing weekly comics since before Henderson was born.
>>
>>81404662
Have you read Midnighter/Grifter?
>>
>>81411158
Hender who?
>>
>>81412036
Squirrel Girl artist
>>
>>81401610
Eh, I dislike that joke, but it's still only strike one for me.
>>
>>81412679
Pretty much the only strike, too. Loki was great.
>>
>>81409299
So it's less that /co/ has meme magic, and more the Night Owl Storytime threads that do?
>>
>>81412942
They're the only constant at this point.
>>
>>81401247
>using tweeter
>favouriting twits
>liking Tom Jester

Shit taste or SJW?
>>
>>81401689
Now this is what I call false flag.
>>
>>81411108
Actually, I'm pretty sure he leans to the left.
>>
>>81413785
Yeah, and Marvel is Leftist Central because they pander to minorities...
>>
>>81413832
Minorities should only be in books when Punisher is murdering them.
>>
>>81413944
Living on the edge
>>
>>81404726
Calling him something other than Robin does not stop him from being robin. Ar eyou seriously going to tell me Tim Drake was never Robin in this continuity. King has already stated he's treating Duke as if he were robin.
>>
>>81414030
Fighting crime
Getting head
>>
>>81414223
Fap to loli on the web
Hope no one will call the feds
>>
>>81413393
>this week bait.
>>
>>81401741
>then death of the family happened
I think it's just me but the only place I find hated towards DotF is /co/,everywhere else I go on the internet I find love for DotF.
>>
>>81414824
B-but we're smarter than the rest of the world!
>>
>>81414409
I'm more into spider-milfs
>>
>>81414824
I dislike his run in general. Court of Owls started out fairly well but ended pretty poorly. It just got worse from there.
>>
>>81408722
>Sounds like there are already several bat events being planned with both him and snyder co plotting.
Source so that I can see this clusterfuck on my own eyes?
Just fuck off Snyder, you never wanted to steer the mythos for the batfamily so stop meddling.
>>
>>81414824
Because /co/ is very anal when it comes to Joker and the thought of Batman's graetest foe actually being competent and killing people angers /co/.

That said, the arc is weak at the end and while I can understand what Snyder was trying to do with that flashback, it was just....really really stupid. Other than that, it's an okay arc. I remember /co/ at the time was crying because they were afraid Alfred was going to die, or one of the bat brats was going to die or get scarred or some shit and that would've harmed the status quo.
>>
>>81416120
It was weak at the beginning when Joker gets enough plot hax to murder a room full of police officers who are cowering before him as if they were teenagers at Camp Crystal Lake.
>>
>>81416882
Remember that one time when Joker was knifeslinger and we were all sucking Morrison's dick? Good times.
>>
>>81416882
I mean, it's not like he's just some thug. It's Gotham and he's the Joker, I makes sense even the cops are pissing their pants paralyzed at the sight of him.
>>
File: Gotham Central - 015-15.jpg (367 KB, 1024x1639) Image search: [Google]
Gotham Central - 015-15.jpg
367 KB, 1024x1639
>>81417014
Civilians sure, law enforcement, no. Should be a lot more anger than fear and they didn't even try to shoot him. Here's a "Joker at the police station" scene not written by a hack.
>>
>>81417127
>not written by a hack.
I hope you're kidding. That arc was great UNTIL that moment. If you shot him 5 times then you might as well shoot him in the brain and kill him instead of lolplothax he survived and Mags was such a badass for shooting him...but not killing him.

Also, you're not proving your point, the entire city is shitting their pants throughout that whole arc.
>>
>>81417239
Police officers are required to shoot at the center of mass. Headshots are a video game thing.
Rucka mentioned in interviews that he wanted the Joker dead, but DC won't allow it. So he survived because he that's what he'll always do. And it is true that once police officers shoot someone, they take them to the hospital to try to save them because they're required to.
>>
>>81409211
>>The police have been hassling superheroes since day 1.
And yet it was never an issue until they hassled some black kid that literally "dindu nuffin." This place really is /co/mblr if you can't see how that first seen of TDKIII was blatant SJW pandering propaganda.

Fucking hell, when did /co/ get overrun but liberals?
>>
>>81416120
>Batman's graetest foe actually being competent and killing people angers /co/.

Holy strawman, Batman!
>>
>>81417406
>liberals
>sjws
I hate this meme.
>>81417354
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>81417406
You realize you don't have to be an SJW to acknowledge police brutality and corruption is real, right?

You've been brainwashed by BLM to believe that you either agree with them or you're against them. You're the SJW.
>>
>>81417600
Excellent arguments all around. It's completely obvious Snyder is a Joker fanboy and has to one-up everyone who isn't Batman (because Snyder is a bigger Batman fanboy) and he did this in both DotF and Endgame. This is bad writing.
>>
File: snyder.jpg (113 KB, 564x659) Image search: [Google]
snyder.jpg
113 KB, 564x659
>>81417715
>>
>>81417354
It doesn't work like that, if you hate the guy and want him dead and you were willing to shoot him dead then you could just not get him medical attention, if you're a good enough write, you give your characters life and you end up at a point where they practically write the scenes for you. Furthermore, Rucka is not only a baby(hurr I wanted to kill DC's biggest and most recognizable villain but they didn't let me, I wonder why?) but also kind of a buffoon because there's a lot of ways of resolving that scene without going "plot armor, dear readers xD"
>>
>>81417848
As one of Gotham's few non-corrupt cops, she has to obey the law.
>>
>>81417923
It's not consistent with her previous characterization.
>>
>>81417406
>Social commentary =/ SJW

To be an SJW, you need to try and actively censor anyone who doesn't share your views.
>>
>>81417600
SJW!? You're SJW! You SJWing fucking SJW!
>>
>>81418134
>actively

Let me modify that, plenty of SJWs passively support censorship, giving cover to the vocal activists trying to destroy opposing views.
>>
>>81409274

Our meme magic is keeping Stan Lee alive.
>>
>>81417564

He is right. /co/ hates edge Joker unless Morrison is doing it because Grant is a God that can do know wrong.
>>
>>81418721
>still strawmanning
>>
File: 1351555965273.jpg (399 KB, 816x1356) Image search: [Google]
1351555965273.jpg
399 KB, 816x1356
>>81408976
>There have been more posts worrying about the inevitable turn on King than there are posts that actually express distaste for the guy.

Always relevant.
>>
>>81416120

I'm pretty sure /co/'s problem with DotF is not that Joker is too cool in it and Snyder is simply too awesome and sexy a writer. The problem with DotF is that it makes no sense and nothing happens in it. It's actually terribly plotted.
>>
>>81419725
>nothing happens in it.
This is a bad criticism because it ends up with writers giving us bad stories with Things Happening like Alfred losing his hand. A story doesn't need to change the status quo to be good.
>>
>>81419725

But stuff happens. Most agree it has great build up and a terrible ending.

And I have never seen anyone say it doesn't make sense. It makes perfect sense. It not being an amazing arc doesn't mean it doesn't make sense.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 17

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.