[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Robots are underutilized in animation. There I said it. We're
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: robot going to school.jpg (5 KB, 134x153) Image search: [Google]
robot going to school.jpg
5 KB, 134x153
Robots are underutilized in animation.
There I said it.
We're entering an age of actual real life robots in this world and no one in animation at all has so much as even RECOGNIZED them.

And I think that's bullshit.
>>
Ok, define what you mean by "underutilize"

Because I could probably name DOZENS of cartoon robots
>>
>>81380027
The japs use plenty of robots in their animations.
>>
>>81380027
>The Iron Giant
>that maid robot from the Jetsons
>BEN from Treasure Planet
>Bender
>the ENTIRETY of the Transformers franchise and all its cartoons
I don't know about you OP, but I think there are plenty of robots in animation at the moment, and that's only to name a few.
>>
>>81380027
>no one in animation at all has so much as even RECOGNIZED them.

How do you even come up with a statement this wrong?

There's an entire board on this site dedicated to animated robots.
>>
>>81381364
Not animated robots.
Actual ones, from real life.
When's the last time you've seen Atlas animated?
>>
>>81381714
Ok, I see. You want cartoons based on real life robots.

...I guess South Park's "Awesome-O" episode?
>>
>>81381714
The one's in real life are lame though. They can't think or do sick maneuvers in space with beam swords or transform into jet planes.
>>
>>81382929
No, but they will fuck your shit right up.

https://youtu.be/rVlhMGQgDkY?t=126
>>
>>81381835
God, Asimo is going to be really fucking snarky one day, mark my words.
>>
>>81382929
this. they're fucking stupid. just like phoneshit theyre a bunch of gimmicks, not what we wanted our future tech to be like at all.
>>
>>81383962
shut the fuck up and go check out what darpa has been turning out
>>
>>81383212
Yes, they made something that can walk on two legs well. That's cool and shows we've gotten a lot better at this stuff. But what on earth would you make an animation of this about? It's not like the robot is sentient.

Most fiction with robots involves not what we currently have, but what might be possible in the future, because that's more fun to think about.
>>
>>81380027
>Robots are underutilized in animation
You mean western animation
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.