[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we have an Invader Zim Thread? I've been watching it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (332 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
332 KB, 1600x1200
Can we have an Invader Zim Thread? I've been watching it on Kiss Cartoon and I think it really fucking holds up. Ignoring the "teh cupcake of d00m x3" crowd, I think it's one of the better Nicktoons.
>>
I liked it when I was a teenager.

It didn't really hold up at all.
>>
>>81378938
When did you last watch it?
>>
>>81378938

What he said.

It was actually very hit-and-miss. Really funny at time, really unfunny at others.
>>
>>81378996
A few months ago.
>>
>>81378878
Its not to bad I watched it when I was younger and I re watched it last year
it doesn't hold up as well as other shows but its still a fun watch
>>
>>81378878
Well the humour's all absurdity, so it's hit and miss by nature. There's some really hilarious bits, and I liked the style and occassional dark humour. The voice actors were perfect for the writing, seriously spot on.
>>
>>81378878
Yeah its definitely pretty great. The humor itself wasn't as good as the setting and tone overall.
>>
>>81379337
I think the Art Style and just the overall tone of the show is very consistent, and I love it. Having GIR do whatever the fuck doesn't take away from some of the shit that happens, and that is because they somehow made it all blend together in a way that doesn't take you out of it.
>>
Dib's sis and GIR made this show. Oh and Dib's dad was wonderfully neglectful.
>>
>>81379392
Yeah, I love that it's set in some surreal dystopian world which is never commented on.
>>
>>81378878
Same here OP. I'm cycling through shows that inspired Rebecca Sugar, to keep me going through the SU hiatus and just started this show the other day.

I was a young teen when Zim first aired and would have fucking loved it if I'd seen it then. Me and my friends were horrible little penguins of doom and I look back and cringe.

However, the show is really really good. I avoided it because the fans are shits but in the context of the cartoon the way they talk works. Love how bleak it all is.
>>
File: 1421021070536.png (1 MB, 1024x1536) Image search: [Google]
1421021070536.png
1 MB, 1024x1536
This show is proof that you would be missing out on a lot of good shit if you judged everything by its fanbase.

The new comic they started last year has been pretty good so far too.
>>
>>81378878
>"teh cupcake of d00m x3"
this shit just makes me sad
>>
hi every1 im new!!!!!!! holds up spork my name is katy but u can call me t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m!!!!!!!! lol…as u can see im very random!!!! thats why i came here, 2 meet random ppl like me _… im 13 years old (im mature 4 my age tho!!) i like 2 watch invader zim w/ my girlfreind (im bi if u dont like it deal w/it) its our favorite tv show!!! bcuz its SOOOO random!!!! shes random 2 of course but i want 2 meet more random ppl =) like they say the more the merrier!!!! lol…neways i hope 2 make alot of freinds here so give me lots of commentses!!!!
DOOOOOMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <--- me bein random again _^ hehe…toodles!!!!!

love and waffles,

t3h PeNgU1N oF d00m
>>
>>81380373
>This show is proof that you would be missing out on a lot of good shit if you judged everything by its fanbase.
I've only seen a few shows where the fanbase is almost perfectly inline with the show's meaning. I mean that a certain way.
>>
I appreciate it just for things like "I have a mighty need"
>>
>>81380611
This is a contributing factor as to why I'm an alcoholic.
>>
It's amazing how much Internet culture barely even existed in 2001.
>>
Favorite episode? Mine is a tie between "The Wettening" and "Mysterious Mysteries".
>>
File: 1456156186599.jpg (31 KB, 736x736) Image search: [Google]
1456156186599.jpg
31 KB, 736x736
The women in this show and JV's other works are surprisingly waifuable.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.