[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Explain why you think he is or isn't Steppenwolf. For all
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 7
Explain why you think he is or isn't Steppenwolf. For all we know this is Mantis or Devilance.
>>
Mother boxes?????
>>
>>81374355
The horn helmet.
Sort of unique except for Yuga Khan but Yuga Khan is dead at this point.
>>
>>81374355
>hammers
It's Thor dummy
>>
File: barista.jpg (154 KB, 333x500) Image search: [Google]
barista.jpg
154 KB, 333x500
>>81374355
>yfw that's Snyder's Darkseid
>>
>>81374481
Father boxes
>>
>>81374592
Anyone who really entertains that is kind of an idiot.

Because Snyder, master of subtlety, would have loaded the image with Omega Symbols if so.
>>
>>81374355
I honestly wouldn't be surprised if that was supposed to be snyders version of darkseid. Looks like the devil.
>>81374612
Mother boxes.
>>
>>81374612
How do you figure?
I hear that around and don't see the connection. They could be Micro Marks all we know.
>>
>>81374630
His horns kind of look like an upside down omega from above. At least to someone as versed in greek culture as Snydes.
>>
>>81374481
>>81374668

They're Mother Boxes, we see one for real in Cyborg's introductory clip.
>>
>>81374668
Because Father boxes were made for apokalips.
>>
>>81374674
Actually, no they don't There's no curving outward.
>>
>>81374355
He looks like he's about to make lex suck his monster dick
>>
>>81374709
Snyder doesn't give a shit about comic canon. The same kind of box fused with cyborg. They're mother boxes.
>>
>>81374709
That hasn't been a thing in forever.
>>
>>81374355
>the dot trained on its head

those were some good soldiers
ready to shoot a god in the face
>>
>>81374355
I just realized one of the SWAT team is aiming their gun at it's forehead lmao
>>
>>81374741
They just look the same.
>>
I have a friend who wishes this was Trigon.
>>
>>81374780

Yeah I love that detail too.
>>
>>81374355
Where is this from?
>>
>>81374822
>wanting more Trigon
What's wrong with your friend?
>>
>>81374856
Deleted Scene that WB released on the tie-in LexCorp website.
>>
>>81374519
>but Yuga Khan is dead at this point.
In Man of Steel, Jor-El showed Clark the history of Krypton well after Krypton ceased to exist. Clearly Kelex was showing Lex historical records.
>>
>>81374355

The helmet, you moron.

>>81374822
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>81374856
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-MUzvASr8s
>>
>>81375033
Then why did it speak to him?
>>
>>81375033
No it's a live transmission.
>>
>>81375036

Meant that link for >>81374856

To think I called someone else a moron
>>
>>81375059
Why did jor el speak to superman in man of steel for most of the movie despite dying before it even began?
>>
>>81375127
Because he was an AI.
>>
>>81375060
says who?
>>
>>81375144
Well so was satan darkseid.
>>
>>81375210
So, was it historical archives or an AI?
Especially since the latter would be impossible?
>>
>>81375206
The fact that it speaks to him.
>>
>>81375266
Again, so did jor el in man of steel who was already dead.
>>
File: iknowwherethisgoes.jpg (81 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
iknowwherethisgoes.jpg
81 KB, 620x372
>>81374592
In all likelihood, it probably is.
>>
>>81375307
He was the ship's computer
>>
>>81375334
>In all likelihood, it probably isn't
ftfy
>>
The movie really should have loaded itself up with New Gods/Apokalips stuff in the background more. Have Glorious Godfrey giving a sermon about not believing in Superman as a messianic figure during the TV interviews scene, show Desaad having some influence as to the Knightmares Batman was having, alluding to Bruce's antagonism to Clark being due to his machinations, actually having the Communion scene in the theatrical cut, etc.
>>
>>81375418
What hurts most is that people did't notice the Superman Soldiers were actually Justifiers.
>>
>>81375418

I want a goddamn Anti-Life cult or Intergang reference in Suicide Squad.
>>
>>81375473
Virmun Vunderbar in Wonder Woman?
>>
>>81375461

To be fair, I didn't catch that until someone pointed it out to me.

Even if you don't remember that, the fucking parademons are a pretty obvious clue.
>>
>>81375418
>Have Glorious Godfrey giving a sermon about not believing in Superman as a messianic figure during the TV interviews scene
The others might have been tricky or too obscure but that one really could have worked.
>>
>>81375359
You poor deluded child.
>>
>>81375542
>tfw he doesn't know that Doomsday's corpse will be used as the avatar for Darkseid

Poor anon
>>
>>81375502

That'd be cool too.

>>81375518

Especially since they already have a giant montage dedicated to people picking apart Superman's character already. I can just imagine /co/ doing a collective spit-take when the name "Godfrey" shows up across the bottom of a newscast during that montage.
>>
>>81375518
It would have fit perfectly both in the story's own narrative, and as set-up for future events. We had so much Superman is Jesus stuff, a ton of world responses to him from a political and scientific standpoint, but no direct views of the religious community's response to Superman.
>>
>>81375640
Hell, Virmun is connected to Granny.
You could have him reference the Furies when confronted by WW.

And the perfect way to handle JL at this point would be as a theological invasion.
With Godfrey as Joel Osteen.
>>
>>81375712
>With Godfrey as Joel Osteen.

If they play Godfrey as anything other than a shiny televangelist preaching to a giant fucking stadium, then the directors/writers fucked up.
>>
>>81375763
Yep, that's who he has to be. I could see some difficulties sneaking anti-life/praise Darkseid into rallying cries against Superman in this universe, but that's nothing a good writing room session couldn't handle.
>>
File: B48c2NmCIAAYsO4.jpg (35 KB, 600x358) Image search: [Google]
B48c2NmCIAAYsO4.jpg
35 KB, 600x358
>>81375763
>>81375833
They should fail at first.
Anti-Life should be way too spread to stop, which
is what would make JL2 more powerful
>>
File: Snyder Gods.jpg (684 KB, 1365x966) Image search: [Google]
Snyder Gods.jpg
684 KB, 1365x966
>>81375833
It doesn't even have to be that.

Anti-Life isn't about praising Darkseid, under Godfrey I mean, it's about giving into yourself. Your hate. Your desire. Anything you want...

Anti-Life will make it right.
>>
>>81374355
I'd be ok with this look for Darkseid.
>>
>>81375418
Hell no, we didn't need even more subplots in this.
>>
>>81375957

I'm not. Darkseid's design needs to be as simple and un-ornamented as possible.
>>
>>81376065
Not in snyders verse. He has to look as demonic as possible, so people understand that they are what demons of biblical times were based on.
>>
>>81375418
Part of why this movie fails so hard is because it tries to act as a vehicle for too many things. Save the Darkseid shit for the Justice League movie.

What this movie needed to do was establish a working friendship between Batman and Superman, or at least some kind of agreement, or at least the vaguest kind of foundation for why they would work together as a team.

Shoving Death of Superman into the last third of the movie certainly didn't help.
>>
>>81376260
>or at least the vaguest kind of foundation for why they would work together as a team.

Batman finally recognized Superman as a human being through seeing his connections to the rest of humanity through Lois and his mother.

From there it's only a short hop to realize that they both were played by Luthor, but then Doomsday attacked and obviously they need to take that down first.

Then after that fight ends, Luthor is in prison, and Superman is dead, Batman knows that even bigger shit is on the way and sets about starting to make the League.

They're probably still going to have some friction when Supes comes back to life in JL, but Batman recognizes that he's more valuable and trustworthy as an ally now.
>>
>>81376414
>WHY DID YOU SAY THAT NAME
Brilliant establishment of a friendship. I thought the comics did a great job by showing 70 years of them building a friendship, but I now realize that they were dumb stuff for kiddies, unlike Snyders awesome version for ADULTS. ADULTS that know that know that 5 seconds and their mother sharing the same name is all that mortal enemies need in order to become best friends. Because that's how a MATURE story works. Bravo. Bravo Goyer. Bravo Snyder. You showed me the way.
>>
>>81376798
also they don't have 70 fucking years
>>
>>81376260
If they get rid of all those nightmare scene and meta human cameo then this movie will be much more better than this, those scene are just out of place and fucked it's pace up.
>>
>>81376798
You sound butthurt, pham.
>>
>>81376848

>cut the Jonathan Kent daydream
>cut the bat demon dream and replace it with the murder flashback from the beginning of the movie, or combine them into one scene.
>>
>>81376853
It's almost like he was expecting a good movie, and got a shitty one instead, and it's made him upset.
>>
>>81376848
Yeah, but it also had a couple stupid things even without that.
>Lex Luthor
>Doomsday coming for a last minute battle
>MARTHA
>>
>>81376853
I am. They fucked up Batman versus frickin' Superman. How do you even do that?
>>
>>81374355
it looks like one of those boxes is for lex...
>>
>>81375206
5 seconds into the clip you can hear Lex's name being spoken,
It sounds kinda static-y when Lex is spoken, but it's completely clear when Luthor comes out.
>>
>>81377071
>Lex Luthor
Lex is not much of a problem if we don't compare him to his comic counter part.
>Doomsday coming for a last minute battle
Well, he's like a last boss of a film so yeah a bit weird but not that much.
>MARTHA
Yeah, it's lame.
>>
File: diablo-3.jpg (546 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
diablo-3.jpg
546 KB, 1920x1080
>>81374355
Diablo movie lookin' gud
>>
>>81377057
>>81377134
It was a good movie though.
>>
>>81377309
It's mediocre at best, anon.
>>
>>81374355
This being Darkseid seems more plausible when you consider the notion that they might be trying to distance him from Thanos.
>>
>>81377396
That, along with snyder hammering the whole religious shit as much as humanely possible. "Devils don't come from the ground, they come from the sky" or whatever the fuck.
>>
>>81377309

Everyone agrees that the editing and actual continuity between scenes was shit, but beyond that it seems like a tossup in regards to whether you liked how the characters and their overall arcs were portrayed.

I can explain why I really loved how Batman was really the main protagonist of the movie and how his arc drove a lot of the action, or why I think movie Lex isn't that far off from the core of what makes comic Lex such an effective villain, or how Superman's actions and internal struggle make sense (even if I'm not really a fan of how passive he is throughout the movie), and yet some people still swear up and down that it's shit, they didn't get it, they didn't like it, thought it was poorly written, etc.

I've written a shitload of words in the past week on why I don't think this deserves all the negative reception it's gotten, and I sincerely don't get where it breaks down subjectively why other people don't see it that way.
>>
>>81377443

>not recognizing that Luthor's whole hangup regarding human nature, heroism and the concept of God hinges on the Problem of Evil
>even though he had a whole goddamn monologue about it

he sees power as uniquely corrupting and associated with evil, and yet can't recognize the hypocrisy in regards to the power that he himself holds over others.
>>
>>81377446
Well, it's Lex is one thing but Supes and Bat are kinda everyone ideal hero so you better keep it as closest to the root as much as possible. Supes was viewed as an ideal hero so don't try to twist it another way around and for Bat just don't make him straight up murder people is enough.

Zack trying to reshape these 2 is a very bad idea especially when people already have a solid image of them in their head already.
>>
>>why is it a kryptonite spear
>>not knowing about longinus
Some people are kinda dumb.
>>
>>81377446
mostly because it's trendy and cool to hate everything different these days. everyone thinks superhero movies should be funny and quirky with daytime fights or else it's "too grim" or "dark" because marvel has completely owned it for 8 years sticking to that same formula. deadpool worked because it was the exact same shit as iron man 3 but with cussing and more violence. it's the kind of entertainment upgrade a teenager wants and loves.

I liked the editing in BvS, there was no way to setup the third half of the film without that fast paced storytelling that, if you're not a retard, you wouldn't had a problem following. but we're talking about a time in comic books when 3 TPBs tell as much story as a 2 issue arc in the 80s. attention span these days is null.

BvS is the best superhero movie yet, it's the first time i feel what's going on in the screen is brutal and has consequences, unlike any other fox/sony/marvel film (which I do like several of). I didn't need origin stories, I didn't want stupid jokes, a "shit" from batman had me smile and that was enough.

All the too grim and dark complains are greatly exaggerated imo. People just wanted another kids movie to satisfy their manchild urges.
>>
>>81377931

>people trying to claim that the spear is supposed to be longinus

Jesus wasn't killed by the fucking lance you idiots

>b-but Snyder wanted it for religious symbolism!
>he just was shit at it!

Sometimes a spear is just a fucking spear.
>>
>>81375845
>>81375899
>>81375833
>They don't realize that in the BvS universe, Anti-Life already won, which is why everything is so bad.
>>
>>81378102

More like Anti-Life has already infected this board which is why people are compelled to shitpost here year after year.
>>
>>81377001

But the Jonathan dream was relevant.
>>
>>81378042
Not to mention that they were hunters
>>
>>81377931
Jesus was already dead when the put the spear on him.
>>
>>81377931
It's a spear because what else is Bruce going to make it into that he knows will do damage to Superman? He basically turned the piece of rock into an arrowhead and stuck it on a pole. It makes the most logical sense.
>>
>>81377001
>>cut the bat demon dream and replace it with the murder flashback from the beginning of the movie, or combine them into one scene.
Pa Kent murdered the Waynes. I love it.
>>
>>81378147

yeah, but it's not necessary and the movie is already bloated to hell with dream sequences. I also think it makes more sense to have Batman being the one having the weird-ass dreams than to have Superman only have one out of nowhere. If you want to give Supes more character-building screentime, then bring back the scenes with him and Lois that got cut.
>>
Funny that when ever people bring up this movies writing they never mention Goyer or Terrio but Snyder , i mean they only wrote the fucking thing
>>
>>81374355
For someone who turned Doomsday into a cave troll that could the The Riddler for all we know.
>>
>>81378407
>Goyer or Terrio but Snyder , i mean they only wrote the fucking thing
That's because they wrote what the director want and Snyder was the one that made the final decision, of course, the blamed was on him.
>>
>>81374355
Am I seeing two giant spiked testicles under that middle box?
>>
>>81378407
The dialogue was fine in this movie. A major step up from MoS. The problem is how it was all put together, which is Snyder's job.
>>
>>81378407

I wish we had a better breakdown of what parts Goyer was responsible for and what Terrio rewrote.

I think people calling Snyder a hack and the ruin of the DC cinematic universe are shitposting trolls, but I do have to admit that the editing, overall continuity of scenes, and how some of the scenes were shot to drag on for too long, is probably the biggest negative of the movie.

And that's probably mostly Snyder's fault.
>>
>>81378493
From what I can tell, Terrio wrote everything up until the senate bombing. Goyer most definitely came up with the Martha ending to the fight and the Death of Superman shit.
>>
File: Clark Party.png (545 KB, 661x530) Image search: [Google]
Clark Party.png
545 KB, 661x530
>>81377309
Most of the world doesn't share your opinion.
>>
>>81376798
Batman is nothing if not vulnerable to one thing: Muh Dead Parents.

The movie uses this as a defining character flaw multiple times. Lex even comments on it.
>>
>>81374355
He's probaby just the Anti-Monitor cradling a bunch of Bizarro Worlds under the regular universe like in All Star Superman
>>
>>81378815

Source?
>>
>>81374822
It does kind of look like he's got 2 sets of eyes on a closer look
>>
>>81374355
The fact we don't know shows a clear failing on the filmakers part. Everything is a fucking grey mess. Doomsday looked like a fucking LOTR orc fuck
>>
>>81378487
Makes it more obvious how the middle one is gradually raising up
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.