[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is squidbillies worth a watch?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4
File: Early.png (59 KB, 360x288) Image search: [Google]
Early.png
59 KB, 360x288
Is squidbillies worth a watch?
>>
>>81325967
Hell yeah. Great show.
>>
File: tumblr_md2kmmrThf1rknzggo1_500.jpg (75 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_md2kmmrThf1rknzggo1_500.jpg
75 KB, 500x333
>>81325967
Well..lemme ask you something in return
How do you feel about...white people?
>>
>>81326141
Believe it or not, I'm white.
>>
>>81326165
BETRAYAL
>>
>>81325967
I never got the jokes in this show
>>
Watch the second episode. If you ain't hooked, yous a commie sumbitch.
>>
File: 1385670495030.gif (2 MB, 316x244) Image search: [Google]
1385670495030.gif
2 MB, 316x244
>>81326165

YOU AREN'T WELCOME HERE CHALKY

It's great if you can handle satire that exceeds Steven Colbert GOP convention levels. Though I grew up in the middle of the Appalachian's so it touches this weird feeling of loathing and reminds me of some the people I used to have to interact with. It's amazing, but pretty polarizing.
>>
>>81325967
>tfw from ass end of nowhere, USA
>This show is errily accurate to the kinds of people around

Hillbillies might be worse than slavs.
>>
>>81326316

>might

One of my best friends in high school worked for 4 years (he failed 10th twice) to get a brand new Jeep. The first day he had it he was driving around some back roads and saw a deer out in the field.

He immediately cut the wheel a drove out into the fields, about a hundred feet out he drove strait into a drainage ditch totaling it. We found out the next day when he was still driving his old beater and had a broken nose (which he set himself, poorly).

This guy was probably one of the smarter individuals I knew at the time.
>>
>>81326304
>>81326316
Its a pretty darn good satire of hillbillies
I live in Kentucky and the relatives I stayed with as a kid had neighbors who were dead ringers for the squids
Also the show is just hilarious 90& of the time
>>
The artstyle is vomit-inducing.
It's "bad on purpose", but man, it's REALLY bad.
Also it doesn't really have big jokes that hit hard, more diluted humor scattered thinly through episodes.

Once you're into it, though, it's pretty fucking great.
>>
Is it an acceptable substitute to ween me off of ATHF?
>>
>>81329109
I personally think it's better than ATHF
It's my favorite Adult Swim original series
>>
Hell yea, git you some! Whooooooo!
>>
>>81329109
>>81329234
Aqua Teen and Squidbillies are both amazing, but I think AT may be easier to enjoy just in terms of humor. More wacky and hilarious stuff happens in there, while in Squidbillies the humor can be just as out there but you kind of have to understand the redneck lifestyle to get it at times.

Though I'm from urban New York and love Squidbillies, so knowing those type of people isn't a required thing. Just gotta appreciate the amazing dialogue and how Early Cuyler is one of the greatest men in television.

Didn't Squidbillies eventually turn to shit? I haven't kept up with it in a super long time. I recall Aqua Teen having a bit of a decline but still being good till the end.
>>
>>81330233
I've always really enjoyed a majoirty of the episodes, I can't recall any bad ones in particular but I assume there's a couple stinkers out there.
There was a point in the various retitled shows that I didn't even bother watching ATHF until they were on their final episodes.
>>
File: 1442611241793.png (40 KB, 152x254) Image search: [Google]
1442611241793.png
40 KB, 152x254
>>81325967
Its great if you can relate to it even slightly.
>>
>>81326141
Well, they're alright. I like them Doobie Brothers I guess.
>>
>>81331477
Doobies, aside!
>>
>>81331721
Beat me to it.
>>
Whitey's gotta pay.
>>
>>81331477
DOOBIES HAS BEEN DISQUACKIFIED
>>
If you ain't like me, go hang from a damn tree.
>>
The show appears episodic, but if you marathon them in order, there is a strange level of continuity.
>>
That episode where they all join a band and duel the devil had surprisingly good music.
>>
>>81325967
Watching this show makes me feel as I was getting dumber by the minute for watching it.
>>
Testing
>>
>>81334594
Go home, Miranda, you're drunk.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.