[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
After Zootopia, can Moana live up to expectations? Seriously,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: moana-1stimage-gallery.jpg (201 KB, 950x613) Image search: [Google]
moana-1stimage-gallery.jpg
201 KB, 950x613
After Zootopia, can Moana live up to expectations? Seriously, the former was so good that I'm afraid the latter will fall short, like what happened last year with The Good Dinosaur having to follow Inside Out.
>>
Someone post that face swap, please.
>>
if this is a musical and if there are cute tiki idols like the minions it might over take zootopia
>>
I don't think this movie will do strong, seems like an after thought. Also depends how they market it.
>>
goddamn that guy looks so fucking retarded I can't stand it
also his feet are way too blocky
>>
Reminder
>This was supposed to be the movie that was to save 2D animation
>No footage of the initial 2D tests have leaked, but they were apparently staunchly AGAINST the established Disney house style, and radical in their stylization, harkening to elaborate tribal designs.
>One viewer called it "The most beautiful 2D animation they had ever seen, and unlike anything that came before it"

But generic Incredibles CG is OK too.
>>
It's gonna be Pocahontas 2.0
>>
What channer would be interested in an attractive island woman, when they can have a hyperactive rabbit?
>>
>>81316675
I'm still mad Mort got cancelled.
>>
>>81316574
>racist
>>
>>81316154
i dont see the point of them making another movie with animals instead of people
>>
File: 881378_770.jpg (97 KB, 770x443) Image search: [Google]
881378_770.jpg
97 KB, 770x443
>>81316154
We still have this to look forward to, regardless/
>>
>>81316675
>AGAINST the established Disney house style, and radical in their stylization, harkening to elaborate tribal designs

So like Hercules?
>>
>>81316154
Good Dinosaur was a mediocre, and generic movie pushed back so it wouldn't have to compete with anything big.
Disney knew it wasn't going to do good and didn't give a shit about it.
>>
File: Losst Islands.jpg (158 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
Losst Islands.jpg
158 KB, 800x600
>>81316154
>>
>>81316154
>After Zootopia, can Moana live up to expectations?

What expectations?

Moana's "Obelix" is so much cartoonier than she is that the two seem to come from separate universes.

If one tries to conceive of them being in the same place, then he comes across as a spoiled, fat eight-year-old, and she looks like his doll.
>>
>>81316954
In what way? This story is going to be nothing like Pocahontas.
>>
>>81322117
He's a mythic hero. A god, basically. Maui used that hook to fish up the Hawaiian islands.
>>
>>81323437
>>81322117
Just accept the fact that it is a cartoon.

Also accept the fact that his big toe is a wide as her entire foot.
>>
>>81323437
Maui in the story is a demigod and seemingly the only person in the movie to look like that from what we've seen so far.

The gods of this story must all look pretty funky to produce a half breed like that.
>>
>>81321740

You made me work for that. I don't know if it was worth it.
>>
>>81323605
How many minutes were lost looking?
>>
>>81316954

this, this will be one time thing meanwhile zootopia will grow into a juggernaut of franchise: sequel(s) , comic books, novels, shorts, maaaybe tv series and a fuckfon of merchandise.

I'm totally okay with that time to dethrone plastic ponies and princesses.
>>
>>81323437

Maui's story is different in most, if not all. Polynesian cultures, Such as with New Zealand, the north island is a fish that he caught, and the south island his Waka or canoe/boat.
>>
>>81325259
>I'm totally okay with that time to dethrone plastic ponies and princesses.

I don't get what you mean. Princesses are just as popular as ever.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.