[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
New Mutants movie casting happening. Maisie Williams (Arya Stark)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8
File: SienkiewiczNM .jpg (363 KB, 908x587) Image search: [Google]
SienkiewiczNM .jpg
363 KB, 908x587
New Mutants movie casting happening.

Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) as Rahne/Wolfsbane
Anya Taylor-Joy (The Witch) as Illyana
Storm is gonna be on the team
Casting for Dani, Cannonball, and Sunspot is to come
Director is Josh Boone (Fault in Our Stars)

get hype/get scared
I'm hopeful
>>
Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) as Rahne/Wolfsbane

Why in god's name.
>>
>>81311626
YES WEREWOLF WAIFU
>>
Sauce?
>>
>>81314649
no op but here
http://screencrush.com/report-new-mutants-cast-character-details/
>>
>>81314109
Yeah I'd be fine with just about anyone else
>>
>tfw you don't watch movies so you have no clue if this is good for Illyana or not

Either way they need to give her bangs and blue eyes

>>81314109
Fox going hard after those GoT alumni. This is the third I think (Dinklage in DoFP, Sophie Turner in Apocalypse)
>>
>>81315290
she looks good for Iliana, but will she be barefoot ?
>>
>>81315324
Why the fuck would she
>>
>>81315398
Pandering
>>
File: X-Infernus_Vol_1_1_textless.jpg (78 KB, 400x607) Image search: [Google]
X-Infernus_Vol_1_1_textless.jpg
78 KB, 400x607
>>81315398
Because they show a transformation from or into her demonic form?
>>
>>81311626
>Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) as Rahne/Wolfsbane
Good, they can use the CG to fix her face.
>>
>>81315501
But Rahne is supposed to be ugly, she's British
>>
File: 1421036816402.png (72 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1421036816402.png
72 KB, 250x250
>>81311626
awew
>>
So based on previous reports the plot will be Demon Bear. Assuming they do a trilogy, what plots do you want? I think they'll try to put X-23 in to fill their Wolverine quotient so having the Facility be the enemy in 2 would fit. For 3 I'd hope for Limbo/Belasco. By then you could lay enough ground work to have a moderate cast of supporting students and hopefully audiences will be intrigued by Magik's backstory to want to see more.
>>
>>81311626
TFW the only new mutant you like is Karma (well, I also like Rahne)
>>
>>81311626
>Maisie Williams (Arya Stark) as a Goblin
>>
>>81315463
>mfw Illyana Queen of Hel with her qt Asgardian waifu never happened instead we got fucking Angela talking about Israel...
>>
Finally, the X-Men films can branch out now.

Hell, maybe sequels can start bringing in characters like Surge and shit.
>>
>>81316387
>Surge and Elixir
I would cum.
>>
>>81316102

Those religious nuts who showed up in X-Force and New X-Men would be great cannon fodder.
>>
File: belasco12.jpg (34 KB, 260x320) Image search: [Google]
belasco12.jpg
34 KB, 260x320
>>81314713
Big take away from this is Storm. It'll be easy to play with McAvoy's age if it is set in the present but if Storm is in it, it's probably as Limbo Storm.
>>
>>81316418
The fact that they could actually get all the X-Kids through these films has me hopeful. They've already blown past the big stories in the main X-Men films, so it'll be nice for them to finally acknowledge all the characters who aren't from the 90's cartoon.
>>
Happy April Fool's.
>>
>>81316387
Maybe after 2020, we still have more x-force,deadpool, main x-men, gambit and this before finally making stories from 00.
>>
>>81316725
shiiiiiiet. Fucking time zones/earlyfags
>>
That Illyana casting is pretty fucking good. Not sure about that director though.
>>
File: Batman%20VS%20Superman[1].jpg (113 KB, 1300x720) Image search: [Google]
Batman%20VS%20Superman[1].jpg
113 KB, 1300x720
>tfw /co/ doesn't care about New Mutants yet

You will
>>
>>81318148
I'll care when the series starts getting new collections because of the movie
>>
>>81318148
we will when new mutants vol 4 is release thanks to this movie
>>
>>81318191
>>81318192
You guys already care, I'm referring to the casuals that eat up any MCU/DC movie shit
>>
>>81311626

>the girl from The Witch is playing the team witch

This has to be April Fools rusing, the poetry is too much for this casting to be real.
>>
>>81318338
That's the danger of this time of year but the specific inclusion of Storm of all people is either excellent bait or strong proof.
>>
>>81318841
>implying a movie like this would have all its key roles casted within weeks
>director announced at the same time as the new principal cast as if directors don't have a say in the casting process
>namedrops a movie that came out a month ago as a catalyst even though it takes months to field a film like this to producers
>>
>>81318841

April Fools bait has gotten better over the years though. People expect it so much that you have to go the extra mile to ruse people.

Honestly the lead from The Witch would be a pretty great Magik, and that was such a juicy leading role that I expect she's going to get big-budget work soon, but I'm not buying this.
>>
>>81318982
Director/producers is old hat

http://www.comicbookresources.com/article/comics-are-old-habit-for-new-mutants-director-josh-boone
>>
>>81318338

Oh fuck I didn't even realise.

People are releasing all their 'pranks' early because everyone will expect it on the 1st.
>>
>>81319172
>old hat

I look like a moron using that phrase wrong
>>
File: ..jpg (57 KB, 430x650) Image search: [Google]
..jpg
57 KB, 430x650
>>81311626
Devery Jacobs for Dani, pls.
>>
>>81319288
Would metis/10
>>
>Storm is gonna be on the team

why?

WHY?

hey yeah, I'm gonna make a New Mutants movie and we gotta make sure Dani is a native-american, Sam has to be a bumpkin, and we can't not cast a Brazilian as Roberto, what about Rahne? Oh any old brit will do!
>>
File: belasco.jpg (1 MB, 2048x3175) Image search: [Google]
belasco.jpg
1 MB, 2048x3175
>>81320759
>>Storm is gonna be on the team
>why?
>>
>>81321142
connect to Apocalypse, since she obviously joins the X-Men last she would have the least amount of character development, so we can see her grow from Horseman to an X-Man you can trust to be leader.

even tho Storm's is one of the most popular characters, outside of Singer's twink brigade, her actress is the least famous of the X6 bunch so they can pay her less money to show up and still get a pretty meaningful cameo.
>>
>>81316102
>Demon Bear
okay Now Storm's inclusion makes a bit more scene, last time Demon Bear showed in a book he was fighting Storm's Uncanny X-Force team

3 New Mutants movies is too wild to believe for me, unless the 2nd film is X-Force and the 3rd is X-Force vs X-Men adapting X-Cutioner's Song.
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.