[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
jesus christ this was the absolute worst piece of shit i have
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3
File: 4831829-0+bmrbet_cv1_ds.jpg (2 MB, 1987x3056) Image search: [Google]
4831829-0+bmrbet_cv1_ds.jpg
2 MB, 1987x3056
jesus christ this was the absolute worst piece of shit i have ever read. it literally jerks off to Harper the entire time.
>>
they started off pretty strong being centered around Bruce, Dick, and Crane. then it turns into SJW Tumblrina Harper bullshit. Not even fucking Cass was able to dodge her.
>>
>>81291424
>jesus christ this was the absolute worst piece of shit i have ever read
How many comics did you read, then?
>>
>>81291424
so would it be safe to stay away from this if and when it comes out in trade?
>>
>>81291517
yeah, skip the whole thing. In the end all that happens is Cassanda changes her name to Orphan and Donut Steel adopts the name Bluebird
>>
>>81291424
Countdown was the worst weekly

pretty disappointing though

I thought it could surpass the mediocre Batman Eternal but it found away to suck more
>>
>>81291424

Batman and Robin Eternal is motherfucking worthless garbage that no one should ever read and especially not buy. However, the quality of DC's weeklies has been so rock-bottom low that I don't think BRE is anything worse than average among them.

Only weekly DC released that was not total shit was 52, and they've been careful to not let that slip-up happen again.
>>
>>81291424
Eh, not great too much Harper, but in the end she retired, Cass is back and they can fix fucking her up post rebirth. Also Jason and Tim got some good scenes together. It could have been much worse.
>>
>>81293654
>Eh, not great too much Harper, but in the end she retired

Making it extra pointless that she was present.

Harper should not have appeared in this comic at all. She had no reason to be there, she had no reason to be shoehorned into Cass's backstory, and the book had way too many characters in it to begin with. But Tynion has a rock hard boner for his OC, so instead of doing the right thing and leaving her out, he made her the most important character in the comic and gave her the most panel time. And in the end, she just leaves.

>Cass is back and they can fix fucking her up post rebirth

Not without major retcons they can't. Besides, they're handing her off to Tynion, the same incompetent chucklefuck who did this comic right here.

>It could have been much worse.

How? Without coating the pages in poison that kills you, how could it be worse? This comic could have a scene where Dick Grayson fucks a dead baby and it would still be about the same level of awful.
>>
anyone remember if batman eternal was worth reading?
>>
File: 10 out of 10 writing.jpg (531 KB, 910x1402) Image search: [Google]
10 out of 10 writing.jpg
531 KB, 910x1402
>>81293654
How could you fix Cass, when the most interesting dynamics she had were completely written off and tied her fucking BACKGROUND to that piece of shit Harper?
>>
>>81293743
>anyone remember if batman eternal was worth reading?

Not really, no. It was better than this pile of shit, but only barely. It was still nowhere near actual "good" level.
>>
>>81293758
>How could you fix Cass

In first issue of the new Detective Comics run there's a brief flashback to the end of BRE, then Cassandra Cain wakes up and thinks "wow, that was a weird and fucked-up dream".

Then Nix Uotan teleports in and says "With my infinite Monitor powers I can confirm that that story never happened. Also Harper died on the way back to her home planet."
>>
>>81293743
From Batman Eternal I only remember Batman attacking house in swamp filled with Penguin, Poison Ivy and such and Corrigan and Batwing fighting some ghosts or shit.
>>
>>81293806
Would buy 10 issues of Tec
>>
>>81291424
>reading comics you hate
Every time.
>>
>>81293916

It's okay as long as you don't pay for them. Paying money for comics you hate, now that's backwards.
>>
>>81293946
>every X-fag ever
>>
>>81293806
Cass: [Wakes up gasping for breath.]
>???: Are you ok? You sounded scared.
Cass: Just a bad dream, I'm fine now.
>???: You want to talk about it?
Cass: No, go back to sleep... Harper, we've a busy day tommorrow
>Harper: I can't believe Bruce is adopting me and naming me as the new Batman in the same day, I'm the luckiest Mayor in the history of Gotham.
>>
>>81293946
time is money
>>
File: 1327571811796.jpg (58 KB, 575x687) Image search: [Google]
1327571811796.jpg
58 KB, 575x687
>>81293982

Got a chuckle out of me.
>>
I'm sure that this was the reason they went for double shipping. It at least convinced me that people are ready to buy almost anything if it appears weekly.

This was not good at all.
>>
>>81293654
They're not done with Harper, she'll be a big big part in the upcoming Detective Comics book
>>
>>81294247

Of course it will, it's written by fucking Tynion. The same fuckhead who thought it would be a fantastic idea to dedicate half of this fucking series to her.
>>
Tynion sucks.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.