[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Maybe >STOP, INVINCIBLE SON >The drowning horses haunted
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8
File: STOP, INVINCIBLE SON.jpg (21 KB, 640x284) Image search: [Google]
STOP, INVINCIBLE SON.jpg
21 KB, 640x284
>Maybe
>STOP, INVINCIBLE SON
>The drowning horses haunted my dreams forever

Are other DCEU parent figures going to be as bad as being inspiring and warm as Pa Kent?
>>
>>81266513
Wonder Woman's mom betrays her deity and jumps on Zeus's rapist cock
>>
Cyborg's dad is pretty cold and distant.
>>
>>81266513
Least he wasn't like the Waynes, who inspired their son to be a closed minded mass murdering womanizer.
>>
>>81266670
>closed minded
>>
File: Thomas Wayne.jpg (27 KB, 595x312) Image search: [Google]
Thomas Wayne.jpg
27 KB, 595x312
>"Dad, you're bleeding! I'll get help!"

>"No, Bruce! This city... It needs an example... A tragedy that can alert them to the corruption that is threatening to take over. And you... You need a goal... Something to compel you to fight for Gotham and its people. That's me. I'm more valuable dead than alive. So don't save me, Bruce. Avenge me."
>>
>>81266513
I don't know, I thought that most of Pa's messages in MoS were pretty crappy but the one in BvS was actually pretty solid. No one can fix everything, but you can always try to fix something.
>>
Thomas Wayne's last word inspired Bruce to not gut Supes like a fish. So there's that.
>>
>>81266513
Snyder made lent senior a crazy person. I enjoyed mos the first time I watched, but the second time it just really stood out how insane he was. Unless they have leatherface tier psychotics as parents, it would be hard to even approach the level of nut so pa kent reached.
>>
>Silas Stone purposefully put his son in an accident to test the Mother Box because he always hated him and had no other test subjects
>>
>>81266695
>"Batman, stop, I need your help"
>just fucking attacks him anyway
>"No, you don't understand"
>Keeps on antagonizing Superman
Yeah, good thing he used his detective skills to determine that Lex was screwing him. An Open Mind would have changed that whole scene around.
>>
File: Hyppolita.jpg (76 KB, 395x602) Image search: [Google]
Hyppolita.jpg
76 KB, 395x602
>"If Men's World is in danger, shouldn't we help them?"

>"I've been to Men's World before, Diana. Their savagery, their lust, their ambition, their very nature prevents them from sustaining their existence. Man is an abomination. The gods' greatest mistake. It's a wounded horse that, rather than being allowed to die its natural death, it's being kept alive... Agonizing, withering, craving for rest. It was once our mission to perpretate this. But we've had enough. Enough oftheir depravity, violence and cruelty. We chose to euthanise the human race. We will let them burn themselves to the ground. Maybe the gods can create something worthier off of their ashes."
>>
File: Henry Allen.jpg (9 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
Henry Allen.jpg
9 KB, 320x240
>"Dad, I promise you, I'll find the man who killed mom and I will prove your innocence."

>"No, Barry. If 20 years in Iron Heights have taught me anything, it is that the true prison, the one you can't escape from, is the one inside your mind. And I've been in prison every day I spent with your mother. I've hated her in secret since before you were born, Barry. Every day I left home, I thought about running and never looking back. I only didn't do it because I couldn't do that to you. But now you're an adult. Now you can walk on your own. Barry, the truth is I've never felt more free. I didn't kill your mother, but I sure am glad she is dead. And that's why I belong here. So my advice to you is... Let it go. Run away. And never look back."
>>
>>81266796
Batman already hated him for the Metropolis deaths and blamed him for what happened at the Senates. He's obviously not going to listen to him

Perhaps if Superman had done some more public outreach instead of just brooding about his place in the world, the whole situation could have been avoided

But no, he'd rather play in bath tubs with journalists than use them for publicity
>>
>>81266837
>"But mom they went to the moon. I mean we can't do that shit. Fuck we don't even have indoor plumbing on Themyscera."
>>
>>81266670
By dying in the gutter for no reason at all?
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 624x262) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 624x262
>>81266622
And he invented Skynet.
>>
>>81266837
This is actually not too far off from Amazon attitudes to Man's World.

At the end of the movie when Wonder Woman says she "walked away" from Man's World a century ago, does that mean she knew stuff like the Holocaust and the Cultural Revolution were happening and just did nothing about it?
>>
>>81266622
To be fair, he did rebuild his son from scratch. He might not be a good dad, but he tried his best.
>>
>>81266965

She fought in World War I, a hundred years before BvS.

She probably was at Ypres and said NOPE. NOPE, FUCK THIS SHIT. MAN'S WORLD IS FUCKED. FUCK ALL OF YOU.

She probably didn't even need to see all the other shit that happened that century.
>>
>>81266911
>Batman already hated him for the Metropolis deaths and blamed him for what happened at the Senates. He's obviously not going to listen to him
Then batman was an idiot for not listening to him. He's a detective and supposed to figure things out. Closing your ears and going NANANA because your mad isn't a batman thing to do.

>Perhaps if Superman had done some more public outreach instead of just brooding about his place in the world, the whole situation could have been avoided
Yeah maybe if superman brooded less batman could relate to him more. Batman can't deal with all this brooding. Oh wait thats fucking stupid and batman should understand someone who doesn't have a huge public figure and broods alot. Not go NANANANANANA machine guns you gotta die cos one percent chance.

I mean the last straw is a note saying 'you let your family die' after he witnesses an explosion at a hearing superman was at.
He knows manipulation and that was such obvious childish manipulation and set up it should have set off alarm bells in his mind. Instead hes like 'well i guess he went bad for no reason and made the entire building explode'

If superman had gone so fucking far he just blew up a bunch of senators and press people and everyone in that building why the fuck would he think superman would care about his crimefighting activities enough to appear when bats put his signal in the sky.
The plot of this film is predicated on a bunch of smart people acting like absolute fucking retards.
>>
>>81267096
>closing your ears and going nanana Batman because you're mad isn't a Batman thing to do
Yeah it is.
>>
File: 1459352845888.jpg (37 KB, 718x312) Image search: [Google]
1459352845888.jpg
37 KB, 718x312
How did Pa Kent travel in time? Is he The Flash?
>>
>>81266837
>Amazons having low opinion of Man's world
But that's in character tho
>>
>>81266699

>Thomas Wayne played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan
>He also played Dean and Sam's Dad in Supernatural
>Dean played Jason Todd

HYPERCRISIS?
>>
>>81267301
He was a ghost, like a legit actually ghost. He's gonna show up in the Deadman movie as his partner.
>>
I like how people are still trying to defend Jonathan's fear and paranoia in the face of no evidence as realism, but Bruce's fear and paranoia in the face of first hand experience and tangible evidence is completely unfounded and wrong.
>>
>Never be a hero, Clark. It will give you endless nightmares and ultimately it just isn't worth the effort. Never do anything for anyone. Let other people die for you.
>>
>>81267096
he's characterizes a paranoid person who wants to take down superman to validate himself
in the end he sees that he was wrong
'how many good guys are left? how many stayed that way?'
turns into
'men are still good?'
>>
>Pa Kent's dreams of screaming horses are the reason he couldn't let the dog die and had to go back into the hurricane for it
B R A V O

S N Y D E R
>>
>>81267396
>no evidence
But anon there's tonnes of evidence that americans do fuck up shit like abducting a yoing boy from his home.
>>
>>81267096
>He's a detective and supposed to figure things out.
The problem is that if Batman actually acts like a detective, then he finds out about Martha a half hour into the movie because Clark is that bad about hiding it. And there's no movie after that because for all the build uop"Yo have a mom too?!" was a shit resolution.

Everyone has to be an idiot for the plot to work. But it's so smart that nobody understand it!
>>
>>81267409
If anything it felt more like it was "be a hero, but know that you can't be everyone's hero".
>>
>>81267460
Not in the movie. Only stuff in the movie counts.
A narrative should be contained within itself. If you need to pull stuff from outside sources to justify it, then you've failed at establishing the rules of your universe properly.
>>
>>81267431
>he's characterizes a paranoid person who wants to take down superman to validate himself
>paranoid person
A paranoid person doesn't swallow the obvious shit they've been fed. They check to make sure that fruit isn't poisoned.
>>
>>81267501
It's like you're asking me to ignore that water is wet anon.
>>
Much as I disliked Pa Kent in MoS, I thought he was better this time around.

>A flood came and we had to fight to save our farm
>We succeeded and I felt like a hero
>Turns out doing the right thing for us was bad for the next farm over
>That kept me up at night for a long time
>You can't win every time and you can't save everyone but you have to hang in there and try your best
>>
>>81267515
he's not acting rationally then
alfred confronts him about this all the time
the point still stands, he wants to take down superman to finally validate himself, while also being a little suicidal in doing so, he doesn't believe in himself, in the bat anymore
>>
>another company war
That TF/AoU left you really butthurt, OP.
>>
>>81267577
>It's like you're asking me to ignore that water is wet anon.
When M. Night Shyamalan did The Last Airbender, he had at least two scenes where warterbending was used on someone, but they weren't wet after the effect hit them. And these weren't "you have to freeze frame it to see it" moments; but things that were given focus.

So yes, there are movies out there so poorly made that water literally ceases to be wet .

And even if you ignore that, the point still stands that if "something bad might happen" is not a good reason for Batman, then it shouldn't be for Jonathan.
>>
File: Martin Jordan.jpg (15 KB, 260x346) Image search: [Google]
Martin Jordan.jpg
15 KB, 260x346
>"When I grow up, I'll be as brave as you, dad!"

>"Brave, I'm not brave, Hal. I'm weak. When I was in Afghanistan, me and my wingman were sent on our F-16s to scout the enemy lines. The insurgents had anti-aircraft weapons, caught us by surprise. His plane was shot down, mine was damaged, but still had enough fight in it. As I circled around, I saw my wingman, my partner, my friend. He was signaling me for help. And I could've, Hal. I could've flown down there and grabbed him. But then I thought... "What if?" What if I took another shell and got stranded too? What if I leaked out all my fuel and we couldn't haul ass? What if I got myself shot trying to fly low? Fight or flight, kid. And I didn't fight. I left him there, flew back to the base, tried to gather some men. By the time a specialized team got there, they had already killed him, torn him apart limb by limb, left his head behind as a warning. I couldn't handle it. Couldn't fly anymore, got sent back home. Got to kiss my wife and play with my kids, and he didn't. Every day I spend with you, I feel like I'm borrowed time. I felt hollow. Then I got an offer to fly a plane, a plane no one had ever flown before. And it clicked. That was it. That could be my way out. That's what I think every time I step on a cockpit. "Maybe this is the day I die. Maybe this is the day I make things with with him". That's why I need to fly, Hal. It's the only time I'm ever free from the guilt. I ain't afraid of dying. I'm afraid of living. So... Happy birthday, kid."
>>
File: 1.jpg (15 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
15 KB, 550x550
Hi guys, what's going on in this thread?
>>
>>81266622
>>81266959

he's going to always be typecast as that scientist who dabbles in technology isn't he?
>>
>>81267301

No? He's not like The Flash at all. Some would say he's the Reverse.
>>
>>81266513
>>81266699
>>81266837
>>81266873
>>81268008
Based.
>>
>>81268095
I actually didn't know about that, I just thought him being Silas Stone was good casting because he plays a cunt dad in Scandal too
>>
>>81266622
That's typical for black dad's though
>>
>>81268008
Damn...
>>
>>81267794
>he wants to take down superman to finally validate himself, while also being a little suicidal in doing so, he doesn't believe in himself, in the bat anymore
none of those things excuse him being a retard tho.
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.