[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
They're gonna turn it into a Zootopia ride, aren't they?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: Splash-Mountain-Poster.jpg (250 KB, 595x915) Image search: [Google]
Splash-Mountain-Poster.jpg
250 KB, 595x915
They're gonna turn it into a Zootopia ride, aren't they?
>>
>>81263275
The ride's too popular to throw out..
>>
File: 1456623391136.gif (2 MB, 400x332) Image search: [Google]
1456623391136.gif
2 MB, 400x332
>>81263351
That isn't stopping the Tower of Terror being re-themed to Guardians of the Galaxy rumors.
>>
>>81263351
So was Terrorestrial encounter.
>>
It actually doesn't sound like a bad idea. Song of the South is all but banned so most people do not even know where these characters came from.

However, it just wouldn't work in Frontierland. Zootopia can be Adventureland, Tomorrowland, even Fantasyland, but Disney would have to empathize the rural Bunnyburrow setting.
>>
>>81263489
On the one hand, I would be outraged at the removal of my absolute favorite ride. On the other hand, it would free me from any reason to go to Hollywood Studios altogether.
>>
>>81264609
what you dont like stitch?
>>
>>81264609
No it wasn't. That ride was great, but it wasn't around long enough to be considered a classic like Splash Mountain, and during its entire operation it constantly got complaints about scaring children and not fitting in to the overall fantasyland theme.
>>
>>81263351
it wont be thrown out, it will just have its name and theme changed from racist song of the south to...racist zootopia
>>
>>81266447
Song of the South isn't exactly racist. People just assume it must be because it's a movie made in the 40s with black characters that aren't miserable.
>>
File: 1459120135938.png (3 MB, 2048x866) Image search: [Google]
1459120135938.png
3 MB, 2048x866
>>81263275
It could work pretty well actually, I was just thinking this. Imagine the final drop being set up like the scene at Cliffside, where they go over the waterfall, and a sort of mini-tour of the city leading up to it. Would probably have to use projectors and screens though, I don't think animatronics would go well with a Zootopia ride. The other problem is that it wouldn't make much sense for it to be in Frontier land either. Fuck, they may as well make an entirely new ride. I would go just for that.
>>
They only change rides that aren't popular, and Splash Mountain is still very popular. The most I can see them doing is hiding a few characters within the ride as easter eggs, for now.

Given that the park's planning and construction work is probably gearing towards Star Wars Land right now, I'd be surprised if Zootopia gets more than a parade spot / character appearances. Hell, I can see them putting Zootopia stuff in California Adventure- the park needs a bit of a boost and it has that sort of multicultural but more grounded in reality vibe.

>>81266588
It portrays the Reconstruction South as a generally amicable and peaceful place, in which the african american population is content with their lot in life, which is very contrary to reality and glosses over the really fucked up way it worked. I agree that its not nearly as racist as people believe it is, but it is certainly a film born from a racist society that is willing to trivialize the culture and hardships of a race of people into fairly light children's entertainment. So, to say its not "exactly racist" is a bit of a misnomer- its not racist in that they are explicitly disrespecting african americans and saying they are less than white people. In fact, the film portrays several very robust and mutual interracial friendships! But its like throwing a sheet over all of these problems and pretending things are all right when they aren't- you'd be pissed if people denied that your problems existed and said everything was A-OK if your people were struggling for equal rights against an oppressive government. Also, sometimes what people think is more important than what is actually true ("Disney re-releases Racist Movie" Is a headline Disney doesn't want to deal with).
>>
>>81266650
>inb4 zootopia themed park
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.