[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I actually really liked BvS, but this guy seems so flakey. He
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 460x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 460x276
I actually really liked BvS, but this guy seems so flakey.

He seems kind of... dumb. It doesn't bleed into his movies TOO much, and I think he has a talent for spectacle, but he seems pretty shifty in interviews.

All that said, I think he's a good fit for DC. Not perfect, but his style is very kinetic and comic book-y.
>>
>>81263261
He'd be a great cinematographer, but he shouldn't be anywhere near a directors chair
>>
>>81263432
First comment best comment
He should do cinematography for every action scene because he is one of the best imo
Just dont let him touch a script
>>
The guy just has a hard time expressing himself. He's not a dumb person, but even Nietzsche knew that the hardest thing for the thinking man is putting his thoughts into words.

There's a reason he's a film director and not a novelist. And even then, just look how many people still don't understand Sucker Punch, his most personal work so far.

But then ask any random person on the street what Lady Gaga is getting at at any given time.

Self expression is hard, is what I'm sayin'.
>>
You guys have horrible taste.
>>
I like that he's christian and right wing as fuck and it shows in his movies.

Total parallels with Jesus and biblical stories, batman no longer a symbol of disarmament and anti-firearms.

The best thing BVS did was show batman killing and using guns. Jews completely blown the fuck out. No more will young boys minds be polluted by the idea that it is wrong to bury your enemies or to use firearms.

I pray he gets to keep the director seat on the following movies too.
>>
>>81263261
I like Snyder. Yeah, yeah, he has trouble conveying his ideas but I feel he has his heart in the right place. Also he's probably most conformable when he's in the directors chair. Cast and crew are always praising his energy on set.

Sure he's made some questionable in quality films but he's not a bad guy.

It's like we're all Batman and he's Superman. Everyone needs to remember he's had a mother he called Mom. Just like us. We have or had a mother we called Mom too.
>>
>>81263720
what was there to understand about sucker punch

it's straightforward as shit
>>
>>81263432
>>81263491
>capeshitters talking about cinematography
Hilarious.
>>
>>81263261
WB should just hire another director to help Zack on his editing skills.
>>
>>81263261
>All that said, I think he's a good fit for DC
No
>>
I feel like Zack is capable of bringing up interesting concepts and moral questions, but he has zero fucking idea what to do with them when they are addressed. Take for instance the courtroom scene, we could of had an interesting monologue in which the world finally understands what superman stands for and why he intervenes, but its ultimately dropped for a explosion and a piss joke.Hell the only reason he dies is for the sake of regaining public faith
>>
>>81266320
The real reason he dies is because MoS underperformed and they don't want him to be the headliner for the DCCU so they're letting Batman do it
>>
>>81263432
>>81263491
Or, you know, get his cinematographers to do cinematography in other movies.

Everything he does is ruin perfectly good shots with context. Here's a couple of examples:

>First Flight Scene
About absorbing Earth's warms -> has a cold filter over it, added in post.

>Superman Hovering above flood
People stretching their to him, he is stopped looking at them in despair. -> Looks like the ceiling of St. Peter's basically backwards, where the people are stretching to reach God. Should be the other-way around. Superman should be the one making the most effort. If you didn't know the character you'd think he caused the flood.

He makes impressive shots, but cinematography is much more than than pretty pictures, they are meant to convey a feeling other than 'Fuck this fucking director'.
>>
The symbolism is a tad overboard for my taste. Like in the fire scene I really wanted Clark to briefly act like "Guys cmon, stop worshiping me" but no hes still sadface supes. And the boat scene should have been uplifting but no, that too is heavy on the "burden"
>>
Snyder is not a people person. It's very evident he likes the spectacle that comes with handling these larger than life beings, but where he falls short is actually emphasising the human elements to these characters. He likes the Super over the man and it really does hurt to see that given that Henrey Cavill could add a lot to the role of given the chance. He's a really cool guy and has a warm aura to him, but all of that is lost under major set pieces and poor character development.

Snyder wants the spectacle and praise for making these characters mythic. But misses their core values.
>>
File: 4607259-flashpoint-batman+3.jpg (840 KB, 1366x982) Image search: [Google]
4607259-flashpoint-batman+3.jpg
840 KB, 1366x982
>>81266449
This.

I largely felt that the movie was great and were it not for the fact that I knew the characters, it probably would have been one of the best movies that I had seen in a long time.

My feeling was that if he were to remove all of the characters names and preconceptions, rename them (shit, make them blatantly similar).

If he had done this, the movie could have been seen for having meaning, plot, development and quality characters.

Instead it is seen as a complete disregard for who the characters are.
>>
>>81263261
>He seems kind of... dumb. It doesn't bleed into his movies TOO much
This is a joke, right? Every single movie of his is dumb as fuck.
>>
>>81263261
He's what would happen if Michael Bay tried to make deep and meaningful movies
>>
MCUcks BTFO
>>
>>81266320
>piss joke
that was just sinister, nothing humorous about that.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.