[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that we've seen Zod destroy half of Metropolis in Man
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7
File: 1366158202716.jpg (252 KB, 468x595) Image search: [Google]
1366158202716.jpg
252 KB, 468x595
Now that we've seen Zod destroy half of Metropolis in Man of Steel.
And Doomsday destroy half of Gotham in Batman v Superman.

Are you excited to see Darkseid destroy half the planet in the Justice League?
DESTRUCTION FUCK YEAH! Can't wait to order those Justice League tickets!
>>
>>81257104
>Are you excited to see Darkseid destroy half the planet in the Justice League?

Just Half?
>>
>>81257104
Hyperbole much?
>>
Will Snyder have anything to do with the movie?
>>
>>81257302
You don't think the Justice League movie will have more destruction than MoS and BvS combined?
>>
>>81257327
You mean the guy whose film is gonna gross $500 mil ww in first week of release. Yeah I am sure WB is creating a committee to fire him as we speak
>>
You know, I'm starting to wonder if these cinematic universes will start to forget the damage they do in these films. Like, will the Senate building accidentally appear again in a future film?

It's probably why Marvel tries to not really damage real world locations (outside NYC, but no towers collapsed)
>>
>>81257496
Just like how Thanos will kill less people than the entire MCU combined.
>>
Is he wearing a dress?
>>
>>81257104
Dude's wearing a tight skirt and a tube top. I can't take this nigger seriously.
>>
>>81257706
>I'm starting to wonder if these cinematic universes will start to forget the damage they do in these films.

I doubt DC would do that.
>>
>>81257706
Well no jet fuel was used during the battle so it would make sense no buildings collapse
>>
>>81257677
It had the fastest drop in sales in cinematic history. As soon as word got out it is shit, sales plummeted and people aren't going to make the same mistake again.
>>
Half of Gotham destroyed you say?
Aw shit nigga we no man's land now!
>>
About the flash scene were he implies superman is bad

If the films are taking an injustice route which i still think they might not because its awfully a big gamble but it they are would it be worth downloading and reading the injustice comics? Are they a decent set? They are set before the game aren't they? Im assuming if the JL film takes this route then I should read them
>>
File: e45.png (521 KB, 720x528) Image search: [Google]
e45.png
521 KB, 720x528
>>81257104
>alien invasion and unstoppable brutes
>only half a city is destroyed
>this is a bad thing

>meanwhile marvel casualties are under 100 for each incident
>this is a good thing

It boggles the mind how people think a force capable of destroying the world shouldn't cost more than a few hundred dollars in damages.
>>
>>81257941

Marvel = power rangers
DC = Actual gods fighting
>>
>>81257941

Muslim terrorists have a higher body count than Marvel villains.
>>
>>81257706
>It's probably why Marvel tries to not really damage real world locations
And even in spite of this it looks like Civil War is directly addressing all the attacks in previous films
>>
>>81257941
No civilian actually dies in Marvel movies really.

Avengers = Planetary alien invasion. Whale carrier things carefully fly in-between buildings. At the end of the movie, everyone thanks the Avengers and a good happy ending.

Avengers 2 = they spend 30 minute evacuating every single person + a dog on that flying island.
>>
>>81257909
The Injustice comics are very hit or miss.
But you can read like, the first 10 issues or so. They wrap up somewhat nicely but it's still something of a mess.

It does some really neat things which were made possible due to how it completely disregarded the status quo and typical conventions. But even the best parts are still surrounded by tons of "fucking why?" stuff. So meh.
You can read the start of it if you are interested in the premise. But after the first arc or two it just gets messier and more convoluted with each given issue.
>>
>>81258126
And thats why they had to focus on Bucky, Marvel chickened out.
>>
>>81258162
I agree it's dumb that an invading army wouldn't be causing more damage, but I don't see why the whale things wouldn't avoid large objects in its way. It wouldn't benefit you to crash through shit for no reason.
>>
>>81258162
Not that guy. But the chitauri were literally jumping in and out of burning buildings in the movie. We saw a few of them being incinerated to ashed by the plasma weapons or whatever they shot from their hover bikes.
And they also rallied people up to incinerate all of them at once with these bombs. We saw Captain America prevent one such incident, but that just ought to imply that he wasn't there to prevent them from doing the same elsewhere in the city.

People died the Avengers. A lot. We still got to see heroes be heroes and it was adventurous film. But people died.
>>
>>81258162
>No civilian actually dies in Marvel movies really
god like heroes and villains destroy countless cities in fight

>nobody dies, not one person
>>
>>81257104
>liking superheros
>but being triggered by destruction
How have you managed to live this long?
>>
File: 1.jpg (86 KB, 679x864) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
86 KB, 679x864
Meanwhile, the avengers singlehandedly destroyed a whole flying city
>>
will darkseid be an uruk-hai?
>>
>>81257817

>A-ny time soon H-haha

Kill yourself shill.

It had the biggest Monday opening for a superhero film

EVER
>>
>>81258403
>singlehandedly
Ultron helped
>>
>>81258251
>People died the Avengers. A lot.

10-15 people is not a lot, anon
>>
>>81257706

Marvel has no consequences or stakes.

DC and Fix do
>>
>>81258426
Ultron is an avenger now. Everyone is an avenger.
>>
>>81258461
>>81258403
>>81258426

What do the avengers avenge again? Tony's mistakes?
>>
>>81257104
Didn't they fight Doomsday at the old abandoned Gotham Port factory?
>>
>>81258446
You're assuming not a single person died off-screen. Which is ridiculous.
>>
>>81258461
not yet, he still hasn't made it back to Earth
>>
the sacred cartoons have all kinds of collateral damage and no one bats an eye.
in facts it's like that with a lot of shit
it's happened before, yet only now in this specific case people care about it
>>
>>81258512
yes
>>
>>81258613
there are swarms of aliens in that sequence who never actually try to accomplish anything
>>
the funniest thing about the avengers movie to was how a few years later i got into the ultimates and saw how straight they played everything from the beginning. everything we see in trailers for civil war was already part of the discourse in ultimates. it was always contemporary to the things we think about today or least back in the early 2000s
i'll always be salty over no hippy eco terrorist thor
>>
>>81257706
Hopefully it will show a half-way rebuilt version of the structures to show progress.
>>
>>81257941
Hopefully Batman works with Superman to make the Superman robots and minimizes the damage done. Maybe Flash can evacuate everyone extremely quickly using the speedforce.
>>
>>81257104
I don't think that Zod and Doomsday even destroyed 1/4 of their cities.
>>
>>81257817
Critics were wrong and it was a good film. Get over it.
>>
>>81257104
>Oh no! Fictional destruction and death is portrayed in this cinematic depiction of fictional characters and fictional events. My fee-fees! I'm being triggered! I need a safe space! I need to get to my hugbox so I can escape these terrible fictional disasters intruding on my childish view of the world!
>>
>>81257817
Fastest sales drop for a superhero movie. In easter sunday. The next day it broke the monday box office record for superhero movies
>>
>>81259498
The problem isn't the destruction. I mean, Marvel characters are too weak and dumb to protect against it so it makes sense in their movies. The problem is that Superman shouldn't let this happen since he's Superman. He's supposed to be above such things due to his power and intelligence. Great power, great responsibility, and an even greater sense of justice. Sure Superman can fail, but if he does then it has to be made into a huge deal just because of what he stands for.
>>
>>81257104
A super hero movie without destruction is boring as fuck.

Your kind should stick to Superfriends.
>>
>>81259730
>The problem is that Superman shouldn't let this happen since he's Superman.
Superman is not God.
>>
>>81259730
>It has to be made into a huge deal

It was made into a huge deal, anon
>>
>>81259730
Zod was as powerful as Superman though. If not stronger due to knowing how to fight. And at the rate he was learning to control his new powers he was probably just growing stronger exponentially.
>>
>>81257104
>tfw the only good DC movies are Nolan and Burton batman films
Can we just stop getting our hopes up?
>>
>>81258403

An evacuated one, that was about to be used as a massive projectile. But thanks for the context, companywarfag.
>>
>>81259662
>>81258425
No it didn't. That article is super clickbait. Its dropped 50% since Sunday. There is literally no way it'll hit Avengers numbers.
>>
>>81258251
Rewatch the scenes where they're flying down the street shooting people, no one actually dies. They just layered the CGI over the extras so people run through explosions unharmed and lasers pass right through them.
>>
>>81257706
They didn't forget about it in BvS why would they in future films?
>>
>>81259662
It broke the record for Mondays in March. Its like number 30 for Mondays overall.
>>
>>81257104
Yes, I am. Destruction of public property is a staple of superhero comics. Finally we have technology to show it on screen, but a bunch of faggots cry muh 911 and apparently superheroes whose primary form of expression is punching the shit out of stuff should do something else cause of these delicate sensitive flowers.

I say bring it on.
>>
>>81258613
http://marvelcinematicuniverse.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_of_New_York#cite_note-0

74 casualties
>>
>>81265921
That is such a bullshit number that they just pulled out of their asses due to all the critique Man of Steel got.
>>
>>81257104
>Doomsday destroy half of Gotham in BvS?

He is not even destroying half of the Gotham harbor, pleb.
>>
File: Quick and dead.jpg (67 KB, 1026x530) Image search: [Google]
Quick and dead.jpg
67 KB, 1026x530
>>81258162
You dick....
>>
>>81267122
>no kooky quartet for Civil War
Fucking Whedon.
>>
Is there a right way to do Darkseid fights? I remember the DCAU ones being really over the top too, while some older stories like Orion were a lot tamer.
>>
>>81257768
Kryptonian eye beams > jet fuel
>>
>>81267679
Grappling.
Lots of grappling.

I see fists clutched in larger fists as both sides try to get the right leverage.
>>
>>81257104
If only Snyder spoonfed us this shit and added some exposition.

>Gee willy. It's a darn smart thing those buildings were empty.

All this faggotry could've been avoided.

Now, in BvS we actually have Anderson Cooper telling us how there's no civilians around just so Collider or Vulture can't write essays about 911 imagery.
>>
File: 1361857052714.jpg (991 KB, 1500x2336) Image search: [Google]
1361857052714.jpg
991 KB, 1500x2336
>>81267679
>Is there a right way to do Darkseid fights?
Several people attacking him all at once, with Darkseid handling several people all at once.
Not this one person attacking one at a time, or Darkseid knocking one person down at a time that they have done too often.
>>
>>81268700
Pretty much this.
>Batman does the explosive batarang bit, mostly a distraction with Darkseid responding with "Flee"
>Wonder Woman doing the lasso bit
>Flash either doing hit and run, tornado, or infinite mass punch
>Superman being the main tank grappling Darkseid
>Cyborg trying to do some tech macguffin to stop the boom tubes
>Aquaman leading his armies against parademons, keeps stabbing Darkseid
>>
>>81267122
mutants aren't people
>>
File: 1235371.jpg (451 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1235371.jpg
451 KB, 1920x1200
>>81257104
I want it to be like. Literally split in half. Like, with exposed earth core and shit.
Sure, that's retarded but exactly the kind of retarded that would fit with what we've seen so far in DCEU.
>>
>>81258425
It had the biggest opening for a for a superhero on a monday in march
if the movie is doing so well why are WB gloating about these useless records?
>>
File: bingo.jpg (3 MB, 2550x2894) Image search: [Google]
bingo.jpg
3 MB, 2550x2894
this is going to be fun year until JL
>>
>>81259756
Zack Snyder seems to think so
>>
>>81269389
years*
>>
>>81257941
>I want to see death, destruction, and blood in my superhero movies!

People like you are the problem. No movie with Superman in it should be R rated.
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.