[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Solo Batfleck Film Leaks/Warner Bros Studio
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: batman-robin-joker-145984.jpg (54 KB, 655x374) Image search: [Google]
batman-robin-joker-145984.jpg
54 KB, 655x374
>Ben Affleck is being courted to direct
>Warner Bros. wants the film to be released in between the two-parter Justice League films
>The storyline will reportedly be a loose adaptation of Death in the Family mixed with The Killing Joke
>Chris Terrio is scripting
>Tyler James Williams, Richard Harmon, Jack O'Connell and Taron Edgerton are being considered for Robin
>Jared Leto is expected to be heavily involved
>Harry Llyod, Kit Harrington, Steven Yuen, Richard Madden and Garret Hedland are in contention for Nightwing
>JK Simmons' Commissioner Gordan will be in the film
>Jena Malone is in talks to appear
>Killer Croc is rumoured to be making an appearance
>Affleck & Terrio are reportedly looking to craft a cerebal and gritty film, the likes of which never seen in a Batman film. The recent success of Deadpool is considered a game changer and might give the studio the incentive to grant the filmmaker the hard-hitting story he wants to tell

That's all I have for now. Will report back later if anything develops.
>>
>Richard Harmon as Robin

Yes Please.
>>
I'm down. Batfleck fucking ruled.
>>
>>81254478
>Tyler James Williams
>Steven Yuen

uhhh
>>
Fuck this noise. Red Hood is a terribly edgy character, and the last thing Batman needs right now is another grim and gritty film. You can still have it be intelligent and make it a bit brighter and wacky and completely insane. Give me The Black Glove, Professor Pyg, Batman Inc, even Court of Owls. There's so many more interesting places they can take Batman.
>>
>source
>>
>>81254541
>and the last thing Batman needs right now is another grim and gritty film
That's literally the only thing a Batman film could ever need.
>>
>Batman, Wonder Woman movies that take place before they appear in BvS

Not gonna lie, this idea really appeals to me
>>
>>81254541
>the last thing Batman needs right now is another grim and gritty film. You can still have it be intelligent and make it a bit brighter and wacky and completely insane
Is this bait?

Dark and gritty is fine. Grim, joyless, and dull is not. The filmmaker just needs to be smart enough to know the difference.
>>
>>81254586
Won't to the casual audience.
>>
>>81254541
none of that shit would sell to casuals, which is literally who these movies are made for.
>>
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 200x200
>>
>>81254478
>Will report back later if anything develops.
Oh thank goodness. I was worried unnamed anonymous source wouldn't return with baseless information.
>>
>>81254598
Nah casuals get the idea of prequel fine. A second of confusion maybe but then easily explain "oh this movie is before that one" waves it all away.
>>
>>81254478
But affleck said he was working with Geoff Johns
>>
>>81254541
>Red Hood is terribly edgy
>give me Professor Pyg
>>
>>81254676
>Story by Geoff Johns & Ben Affleck
>Script by Chris Terrio

You get it now?
>>
>>81254696
No I'm still really confused. What they hell are they trying to do?
>>
Honestly, fixing the DC Murderverse would be as simple as sacking Snyder. Leave Batman with Affleck and shop around for a new director for Justice League and the inevitable Superman sequel.
>>
Nice faggot source. Fake as fuck, unless there's another Tyler James Williams, not the kid from Everyone Hates Chris.
>>
>>81254601
I think Court of the Owls would sell like a motherfucker. It's a good concept, and people would love to see the history of Gotham city delved into the way we had in Court. Maybe not the sprawling crossover we had, but still.

Agree on Pyg and Black Glove. Animated Batman movies seem on the verge of Batman Inc though.
>>
>>81254478
>Jon Snow Nightwing
>Kingsman Robin
Yes please, butit's a shame that the Robins are going to be the Chink and the nigger for tumblr points
>>
>>81254478
Don't do it Ben.

Just run.

Get out while you can.
>>
>>81254586
>>81254631
Prequels are *really hard* to write properly though. You'll be lucky if you only create half a dozen big plotholes.
>>
>>81254478
>Nightwing
yes please, also take it Terrio is their guy now?
>>
What's the point of doing Red Hood as a character when he does everything that Ben Affleck's Batman does?
>>
>>81254541
>hates edy
>wants Pyg
the fuck am i reading?
>>
>>81254715
Geoff Johns and Ben Affleck come up with a story idea and plot.

Chris Terrio flesh out stuff and writes the dialogue.
>>
>>81254715
>Watchmen
>Story by The Original Author
>Screenplay by David Hayter and Alex Tse
>>
If Jon Snow becomes Nightwing then Dick will immediately become an A list hero to the mainstream crowd.
And Dick deserves it
>>
HYPE
>>
>>81254751
>Don't continue to make shit tons of money
>Don't continue to be one of the universally praised things in the DC movieverse, even amongst people who hated bvs
>>
Seems unlikely they'll go for Red Hood if Bats kills people, unless for some reason he refuses to kill Joker, I suppose we shouldn't put blatant retarded shit out of the question for the Snyderverse, but I have to think someone in charge will eventually tell him he's gone far beyond full retard.
>>
>>81254478
>Tyler James Williams, Richard Harmon, Jack O'Connell and Taron Edgerton are being considered for Robin

Why dont they just keep using Leto?
>>
>>81254676
you really think they would let a funnybook writer write one of WB's biggest movies
>>
>>81254821
>might
he's not retard, been confirmed forever ago

>>81254845
lost the no kill rule after Jason died, regained it in bvs. Will see Joker again for the first time since Jason's death in SS
>>
>>81254478
why is the half the cast of game of thrones being considered for nightwing?
>>
>>81254478
>only now can a grimdark batman be made
uh huh
>>
>>81254880
Game of Thrones is popular, plus I'm sure Mamao was dropping their names at WB like crazy
>>
>>81254541
What, Red Hood is a great idea for WB! It's a great way for WB to separate itself from being seen as just trying to copy Marvel! I mean, the story of a sidekick previously thought dead coming back to confront the hero! What a unique idea! And then the former dead sidekick can be an anti-hero! And better yet, you can have a confrontation between the hero and the anti-hero, like on a rooftop where they argue over their differences! And maybe the anti-hero gives the hero a gun, and forces him to choose between shooting the anti-hero, or letting the anti-hero kill a dangerous criminal. What unique, compelling storytelling!

And plus you have so many great Red Hood stories written by comic savants like Judd Winick, Scott Lobdell, and James Tynion to draw from
>>
>>81254819
get ygritte as babs
>>
I legitimately enjoy Battfleck. I will chalk up his Manslaughter to Snyder until he does it again in his self-directed film.
>>
>>81254946
It's thematically a little too similar to Winter Soldier, plus the whole Bats kills people except Joker would be kind of stupid.
Much as I want Under the Red Hood, just seems unlikely, and with Snyder at the helm of the DCEU as far as I can tell, he might have just decided dead Robin is Nightwing just because, he killed Jimmy Olsen purely for shock value.
>>
>>81254933
Big Barda when?
>>
>>81255000

>big
>>
>>81255000
once i get some lotion, I'd need it
>>
>another movie with Joker
All interest lost. Hype is dead.
>>
>>81254995
(You realize anon was being sarcastic and purposefully referenced Winter Soldier and Daredevil in his post, right?)
>>
>>81254946
>>81254995
But we NEED Red Hood, he is the best DC character ever, he is more awesome than Batman because he uses guns, maybe Jason Ackles could play him, imagine how much tumblr drawings there would be if that happens?
>>
File: 641-20.jpg (653 KB, 994x1528) Image search: [Google]
641-20.jpg
653 KB, 994x1528
>>81255046
Indeed, but those aren't the only reasons it seems unlikely, thus the second sentence.
I suppose my question might be, will Gotham forever be a shithole that Bats is always anchored to?
>>
>>81254478
>Solo Batfleck Film Leaks/Warner Bros Studio

There a source on this?
>>
>>81254995
>he might have just decided dead Robin is Nightwing just because

That's fucked up how he can just casually make a huge decision like that. The studios are plebs though who aren't familiar with the comics so they don't understand the significance of Snyder's dumbass choices.

I hate Snyder.
>>
>>81255088
>will Gotham forever be a shithole
the alternative is giving up, and Gotham immediately nosediving to Hub City tier terrible
>>
File: jared-leto-teases-joker.jpg (93 KB, 572x960) Image search: [Google]
jared-leto-teases-joker.jpg
93 KB, 572x960
>>81254478
>The Killing Joke with Batfleck and Leto Joker
I came
>>
>>81254478
>Jared Leto is expected to be heavily involved

Kinda goes without saying considering the stories they're mixing
>>
>source
>source
>source
Just google any line of the OP, the only link where they appear is this thread.
>>
>>81255151
I decided to come to /co/ first instead of a journalist for a website.

I guess I won't next time then if you want.
>>
>>81255126
Or just IRL Detroit-tier
>>
>>81254478
> loose adaptation of Death in the Family mixed with The Killing Joke in the same film

That looks dificult to handle
>>
>>81254729
>scene of the talons descending up Wayne Manor
I would love a Court of Owls film but of course they're just going to keep reusing older books
>>
>>81255126
How bad was Gotham before Batman started making villains left and right?
>>
>>81255222

Detroit. Now it's Detroit with super villians
>>
>>81254541
>No edge
>recommends some of the edgiest shit from Batman
Morrisonfags, everyone.
>>
>>81255206
Not necessarily. Nolan took inspiration from like 3+ comic books for each of his Batman films.
>>
File: tkj punchline.jpg (489 KB, 1000x880) Image search: [Google]
tkj punchline.jpg
489 KB, 1000x880
>>81254478
>tfw we're getting two adaptations of the TKJ this year and the next
Babsfags BTFO
>>
>>81255176
Yeah, okay, so this is just bullshit.
>>
>>81255236
So... Robocop wasn't messing when they had Detroit literall hellhole.
>>
>>81255266
Yeah. You got me. You can leave the thread now.
>>
File: 12th level salute.png (139 KB, 250x287) Image search: [Google]
12th level salute.png
139 KB, 250x287
>>81254478
>The storyline will reportedly be a loose adaptation of Death in the Family mixed with The Killing Joke
Horrible idea.
>>
>>81255236
At least it wasn't as bad as Hub City
>>
>>81255222
>How bad was Gotham before Batman started making villains left and right?
With the possible exception of the Joker, Batman DOESN'T make the villains you fucking pillock.
>>
>>81255256
Tell me Batman didn't hug him at the end. Look me in the eye and tell me that's not how it went.
>>
>>81255315
Ivy, Freeze, Riddler, Hush and Two-Face are looking at you, brah
>>
>>81254478
my only hope is that they address and show the somewhat surreal concept of criminals as weeds. the city could be a garden, and they could run with that maybe make statements about the nature of crime itself in micro and macro scales

but i also hope they address the changing world post superman or maybe the fact that world doesn't change is a statement in itself
>>
>>81255176
>I decided to come to /co/ first instead of a journalist for a website.
That's because you're a fucking liar retard
>I guess I won't next time then if you want.
Yes. Please, never come back here again.
>>
>>81255300

Why? They can blend quite well together
>>
>>81255479
>Joker's Greatest Hits, only today in Gotham
>>
>>81255497
>Joker takes over and runs a hip hop station in one scene
>>
>>81254586
So now we know that no harm comes to them in those movies...
Yay?
>>
>>81255519
>world's most famous feud, B-Boyz and Smiling Men
>>
>>81255519
>proceeds to make a new rap song "Joker's (w)rap"
>released as a new hit single movie tie in
>>
>>81254946
#spergout
>>
>>81255300
they pretty much go back to back.
Joker kidnaps Barbara and Gordon
does his thing
gets put in jail
most of his assets are siezed
Joker gets out of jail
takes his cruise missile out of storage, takes it to the middle east to sell
runs into Batman and Robin, missile gets blown up
tracks down a certain doctor he was dirt on he knows is in the are
blackmails her into letting him steal some medical supplies to sell
While Batman is chasing the stolen supplies, Joker crowbars Jason, blows him and his mother up
everyone pulls the voting buttons out from under their seat
Jason dies
Batman tries to kill the Joker but he gets away
Jason's funeral
teaser about Tim
roll credits, total runtime142 minutes
>>
>>81254478
How can you make a Death in the family movie without establishing the family first?
>>
>>81255570
I'd just have Joker kill Jason and while is everyone looking for him, he shows up at Gordon's house and shoots Barbara.
>>
>>81254478
Is Snyder out of Justice League?

That's all I need to know.
>>
>>81254821
>people actually fell for it
Almost as dumb as the people who think Joker will look the same way throughout all of his appearances.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (49 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
49 KB, 1280x720
>>81254478
>Death in the Family mixed with The Killing Joke

JAYSUS FUCKING CHRIST WARNER BROS Stop trying to cram 15 pounds of shit into a 5 pound bag...

DotF and TKJ have no fucking impact if we're not given time to care about those involved
>>
41 people i trust almost none of your sensibilities
>>
File: classic barbara.jpg (214 KB, 573x911) Image search: [Google]
classic barbara.jpg
214 KB, 573x911
>>81255656
Calm your shit. TKJ will be a flashback.
>>
>>81255689
for shame
that should be absolutely none
>>
>>81254478
>The recent success of Deadpool is considered a game changer and might give the studio the incentive to grant the filmmaker the hard-hitting story he wants to tell
Good. I want an 15/R-Rated Batman film with psychologically fucked up villains for once. I mean really fucked up. No Nolan tier safe material. I want something with the same general level of fucked up as Hannibal
>>
>>81255570
How the fuck did Joker get away at the end? SUPERMAN was present! He can hear things off world, how did the clown swim away and hide his heartbeat?
>>
>>81255762
cloun voodoo
>>
>>81255762
Joker is Superman. Whenever you see them in the same place it's just Supes using superspeed to jump back and forth really quick
>>
>>81254819
Or Robb Stark is the alternative either bitches will love it
>>
File: 1459057793698.jpg (33 KB, 540x304) Image search: [Google]
1459057793698.jpg
33 KB, 540x304
>>81254478
Yay, more batfilms, because that's exactly what I wanted. It's not like Batman is the cancer killing DC due to severe over saturation or anything.
>>
File: comediandelicioustears.png (107 KB, 180x240) Image search: [Google]
comediandelicioustears.png
107 KB, 180x240
>>81255790
>>
>>81254478
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BpzS1m6gc0
Whatever, I just want this as theme for the movie.
>>
File: Kaisar_angry_at_Favaro.png (796 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Kaisar_angry_at_Favaro.png
796 KB, 1280x720
You know what WB should do?

Make Affleck Snyder's boss.
Really.
It must be so frustrating to have to listen to an incompetent hack, when you're a very accomplished, award winning director yourself.

Give Affleck final say on filming and editing.

I want Snyder to rear his dudebro head
>But Ben I wanna put 90's metal over the climactic fight scene
And then I want Affleck to roll up a newspaper and beat him with it.
>>
>>81254478
>>Tyler James Williams, Richard Harmon, Jack O'Connell and Taron Edgerton are being considered for Robin
These guys are supposed to pass for a teenager?
>>
>>81254478
Yeah no.
>>
>no zack snyder

Fuck, this movie will suck balls
>>
File: image.jpg (620 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
620 KB, 1920x1080
>>81254478
I don't want to believe you, but this is the exact kid of stupid shit WB (and Geoff Johns) would fucking do.
Red Hood is the absolute worst choice for a solo Batman film since Batfleck has killed people in BvS and would look fucking stupid to audiences telling Todd not to kill.
But it doesn't surprise me. WB loves the Joker (which why he's in Suicide Squad).
And Geoff Johns is retarded and is obsessed with Under the Red Hood (probably because that's the only Batman story he's read). Seriously, whose idea was it to put the comic guy who hates Batman and doesn't care about him? Why not put Geoff on the Aquaman or Shazam movie? Why not have Bruce Timm or Scott Snyder on board to help the Batman solo film.
>>
>>81254478
will red hood be involved o is it just jason's death? of the latter the. I'm okay with it. showing the death of robin ad how it affected bruce would be neat and interspliced with leto's joker could make for some interesting stuff. just keep red hood out of it pls.

who am I kiddin, it's gonna be the red hood, just like in AK. and it is going to be awkward for them to explain why bruce killing people is okay but Todd doing it isn't
>>
now that zim zam is no longer going to fuck up future cape scores I wonder who they will get to compose the new score, are they going to keep the same theme from zimmer's score of BvS (which was pretty good) or redo the theme.
>>
>>81256363
>I wonder who they will get to compose the new score
Deadmau5
>>
>>81256383
>Deadmau5

wew
>>
>>81254478
Is anyone else hoping that it will be a soft reboot?

Superman is dead, Doomsday is dead, the world is more or less back how it was before Man of Steel, minus the collateral damage and 'aliens are real'.

They should really restart here and slowly start pretending MoS and BvS never happened.
>>
>>81254725
You realize this is the studio that wanted Marlon Wayans as Robin and just recently cast a tall bald black guy as Jimmy Olsen, right? The former particularly dumb as it was Dick with Jason's hubcap stealing origin. I guess WB thinks blacks need to be criminals. Also James Olsen is a suave beefcake because I guess black guys can't be loveable dorks. Also dumb because that actor could have made a great Steel. Hell, they still have a nerdy white guy in a bowtie on the damn show. Dye his hair and he is pretty much Jimmy Olsen.

As for Steven Yeun, I'd rather see him as Ryan Choi.

Also.. if they want an Asian in the Batverse, bring on a Cass Cain Batgirl movie with Oracle.
>>
>>81256209
Was it supposed to be a mystery who the Arkham Knight was? Because I figured it out as soon as I heard him talk.
>>
>>81256415
>They should really restart here and slowly start pretending MoS and BvS never happened.
That's going to be hard as hell as people remember those movies. Just like it's going to be hard to explain why Batman doesn't kill his rogues gallery (like Joker and Killer Croc) but kills goons.
That being said, I wouldn't mind them completely ignoring/retconing Batman's murders.
>>
>>81256443
>but kills goons.
But Batman didn't kill any goons in BvS.
>>
>>81256209
>Why not put Geoff on the Aquaman or Shazam movie?

He put HIMSELF in the Job. "hey mister CCO, we need a comic writter for the Batman gig, can you name 1 or 2 guys that you think are fit for the job? what about that Morrison guy? Or that O'neal, we heard he is pretty popular? Or that Cartoon guy"
"i got it, don't worry".

Fucking Johns is a cunt, he took the best paying gig, he sould care about CYBORG, the movie he insisted on product of his actions, Flash a character he is great with, not a character he barely even knows.
>>
Also.. why make Nightwing black or Asian? Dick is already a minority. He is Romani. They were genocided in the Holocaust just like the Jews. Sucks when your minority gets lumped in with white people.
>>
>Dick becomes Nightwing and moves to Bludhaven
>Bruce has Jason Todd as new Robin
>Joker plans an attack on the Bat family
>Kidnap Barbara and torture her while constantly her pics to Gordon
>Batman gets mad and let his rage consume him
>meanwhile young and careless Jason falls into Joker trap while trying to rescue Barb
>when Bat realizes Robin is capture, it is too late
>Bat is completely defeated with Barb being crippled and Jason missing (presumably dead)
>Batman becomes Punisher, starting torturing and branding criminals

*TIME SKIP*
>Batman calms himself down and somewhat regains his sanity after the BvS event
>Nightwing comes back to see his old mentor as Bruce is no longer raging
>Gotham has a new vigilante Red Hood which is even more brutal than Batman in his Punisher mode
>Batman and Nightwing together try to stop the new comer.
>Red Hood mocks Batman for trying to stop him from killing people considered Batman recent years of insanity
>The drama reaches the climax as Red Hood reveals himself to be Jason and asks Batman to choose between him and the Joker
>of course Batman fucking chooses the Joker
>Red Hood is ultimately pissed
>some explosion and shit
>last scene with Bat Affleck and Joker Leto laughing together (The Killing Joke)
>>
>>81256324
Fuck. I didn't even think of that contrasting element.
>>
>>81256209
>>81254541
OP didn't mention Red Hood anywhere, dipshits.
>>
>>81256438
>Interviews: "It's totally not Jason Todd, guise!"
>"Okay, Maybe it's some alternate version of Damian Wayne aged up thanks to technology seeking revenge?"
>Game comes out
Wow! It's fucking Jason Todd! Fuck you, Rock Star! Fuck you, Geoff Johns! Also, the boss battles suck, the frame rate sucks, and there's too many Batmobile missions
>>
>>81256485
That... isn't terrible.
>>
>>81256438
It was, and it was embarrasing. Johns is a Scify guy, he doesnt belong to mistery stuff of magic stuff. He is just not a right fit.
>>
>>81256423
>that actor could have made a great Steel

Too young.

Yes to Cass, though if she's finally going to appear in something I wish it wasn't the Snyderverse.
>>
>>81256501
It's COMPLETELY terrible.

ahahahahahaha
>>
>>81256471

M8, minorities can be white. Fuck you sound dumb.
>>
> Justice Leauge
> Two-Parter

Can the DC Movies do anything original?
>>
>>81256493
He just names Death on the family, literally half of Under the Hood.
>>
File: BzY-fMUCUAIdVlc.jpg (18 KB, 448x252) Image search: [Google]
BzY-fMUCUAIdVlc.jpg
18 KB, 448x252
>>81256495
> that fucking mission in the tunnels with the giant drill machine

As if the story wasn't shit and pissing me off enough. I got stuck on that shit Batmobile boss fight for a while. Gave up and went back over a few days.
>>
>>81256528
I mean they get written off as just white and therefore assumed not a minority. I agree. Within what is considered 'white' there are minorities.

Of course there are plenty of white assholes who don't consider these various groups white.

So they get shit on by both whites for not being white enough and non-whites for being too white.
>>
>>81254478
Edgerton and Hedlund. Please.
>>
>>81254478
I think this could work. Especially if you make the movie half Bruce and half Joker. Like switch between their perspectives.
>>
>>81254478
>Killer Croc
My man
>>
Ben Affleck is the best Batman.
>>
>>81256485
That look more like two movies than one
>>
>>81254541
>complains about edgy and gritty
>wants Pyg and Court of Owls
>>
File: ayyyyy.jpg (25 KB, 233x350) Image search: [Google]
ayyyyy.jpg
25 KB, 233x350
is he nightwing?
>>
>>81254478
>loose adaptation of Death in the Family mixed with The Killing Joke
>killer croc
oh, it's just Hush, with its montage of 'everyone the joker fucked up'
They're gonna try and citizen kane all the history they skipped over as part of their 'fast track the dccu' plan
>>
>>81254498
Why?
>>
>>81256714
>there's people that liked that crap
>>
>>81254946
>Red Hood = the winter soldier
Dude, seriously?

First, CA:TWS wasn't even about bucky. It was about hydra. Heck, I even saw some people wondering who the heck is bucky when CW trailer come out. While UTRH was about Jason and his relationship with batman and their clash of morality.

Second, WS was brain washed and wasn't even dead to begin with. While Jason was actually dead and returned with personal vendetta.

Third, Jason and Bucky have a completely different personalities. WS was edgier while Jason actually cracked some jokes here and there. Not to mention that Jason's story and his relationship with his mentor is more emotional.

And last, the whole thing about batman killing make the story more interesting because he wouldn't look like an idiot while he arguing with Jason about why he doesn't kill.
>>
>>81256883
Jesus, what a trainwreck that would be.

Hush is terrible, holy shit. Why are people still riding Jim Lee and Loeb's dick?
>>
File: 1438167515939.png (232 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1438167515939.png
232 KB, 512x384
>>81255339
>Batman made Freeze
>Batman made Ivy
yeak ok
>>
>>81256935
Fuck you that comic was fucking great. You are scum, a literal piece of shit with maggots on it. You should take a knife and gauge your eyes out cause sight it wasted on you for your inability to see and recognize great things.
>>
>>81255000
Zatanna
>>
>>81255339
>Two-Face
Wut.
>Riddler
Ok, kinda, but he had issues on his own. If not Batman, he would have simply picked another namesis for himself.
>Ivy and Freeze
The fuck are you on about?
>>
>>81256495
>It's totally not Jason Todd!
>Let's boot up the game!
>"Oh hey, now that we're in the last game how about we suddenly bring up Jason Todd and fully explain his story out of nowhere
I actually liked Knight but that was stupid fucking bullshit.
>>
>>81256990
>Fuck you that comic was fucking great.

No it wasnt it was average. Zero Year was better.
If you want Great Batman stuff you go for Legends of the Dark Knight, the first 5 issues are way netter than Vol 1 and 2 put togheter.
>>
>>81257021
Can Knight run on pc yet?
>>
>>81255524
Do you honestly expect an A-list superhero movie to ever do otherwise? Are you dense?
>>
>>81257035
I've heard that it can run at least, playable even. Most bugs are fairly standard game bugs by this point. You holding out to buy it?
I have it for PS4
>>
File: new 52 origins.jpg (3 MB, 2523x1931) Image search: [Google]
new 52 origins.jpg
3 MB, 2523x1931
>>81256987
Yeah, he did.
>>
>>81254478
I can't see this working, this would be a very loosely adaptation, not put literally scenes like Hack Snyder would do

Also, Comic Con announcement right?
>>
>>81256990
Shut the fuck up, man.

I'm the guy who posted >>81256714 but so what? News flash, people have the right of an optinion, you impotent angry twit.
>>
>>81257061
>You holding out to buy it?
Hell no, Imma pirate it
>>
>>81256485
Anon, this actually really good.

But..
>Jason missing (presumably dead)
Batman has his costume and it was confirmed that he is dead.
>>
>>81257063
We need Batdickery site.
>>
>>81257118
Isn't superdickery just walking malware now?
>>
File: 4896564735.jpg (14 KB, 539x468) Image search: [Google]
4896564735.jpg
14 KB, 539x468
>>81257063
>new 52
Oh I see, we're doing this.
>>
>>81257133
No idea, didn't went there for quite a while.
>>
>>81257063
New52 freeze origin is shit then. Why'd they write Bruce as a completely unreasonable ass there? He's in the right with Ivy, though. Saying "hey, no, you can't brainwash people" is not "creating a supervillain"
>>
>>81257188
>New52 freeze origin is shit then.

Johns wants Freeze to be shit.
He HATES the character more than anything.
Back in the day some autists were saying Johns probably was involved in the "new" origin.
>>
>>81257216
Jhns didn't write that what? You sound autistic. Stop posting autistic things.
>>
>>81257145
I'm sorry, have you been living under a rock the past 5 years?

Or are we simply disregarding everything you don't like?
>>
>>81257216
No, he hates John Stewart, Kyle and Wally more. And he hates Batman, as well.
>>
File: 435345345.png (2 MB, 620x3178) Image search: [Google]
435345345.png
2 MB, 620x3178
>>81254478
so this is debunked?
>>
>>81257321
Well that second image is Lex Luthor. Who is armor suit dude?
>>
>>81257321
But how did Jason Todd become Joker? Harley started dying his hair for keks?
>>
>>81257268
>>81257188
Basically yeah, I disregard it because it's shit. The more villains you attribute to Batman the less faith I have in him. If it was just a question of "did Batman create Joker?" you would have to constantly say "well he's saving us from these cunts but to be fair he has in theory created the bigger evil". The more villains he makes, the more it becomes "Wow Batman is a fucking useless prick and Gotham would literally be better without him."
Also it makes Bruce Wayne look more like a prick too for no good reason.
>>
>>81257293
>he doesnt know the story
>>
>>81257358
I'm just memeing. What story?
>>
>>81257145
nice dodge faggot
>>
>>81257371
Johns attacked a fan and went REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE at the DC offices when a fan asked him why Mr Freeze was using a Parka in the Flash comics. DiDio had to hold him and hug him after that.
>>
>>81257333
That's Jason in Arkham Knight
>>
>>81257458
Oh, well the video games aren't canon to the movie. Not sure why I even have to explain that.
>>
>>81257447
Kek. Fan knew how to rile him up.
>>
>>81257337
the theory is that the real Joker took him in, tatted him up (to mock Batman whenever he sees them), and brainwashed Jason to make him go insane and play as acting Joker while real Joker pulls the strings behind the scenes. the grills and facial scars are supposedly from the pry bar beating he took.
>>
File: 1459311184684.png (74 KB, 253x196) Image search: [Google]
1459311184684.png
74 KB, 253x196
>>81254478
>Ben Affleck is being courted to direct

will Ben still do this? I mean he looked devastated in that one interview. I feel like even if stays as superman, he is gonna half ass his batman from now on.
>>
>>81257479
it's an idea, BvS sure took a lot of the gadgets that were in the games.
>>
>>81257516
He should be fine, every review basically praised his performance, the others were mostly mixed and everyone shit on Snyder obviously, so at the least he'll probably try to use his star power to take more control over Batman stuff, the whole (actor) is (character) now basically applies to him I'm guessing to some degree, unless WB/DC go full retard and threaten him with some sort of replacement.
>>
>>81255222
It was a lot worse. The villains were there, they just didn't wear masks and have convoluted plans.
>>
>>81257516
I swear /co/ is fucking full of retards.

>Will Ben still do this? He looked devastated in that one interview that's become a new meme

Yes because money is good. He has experience as director from The Town, Gone Baby Gone and Argo, which all have more depth than any of Snyder's movies. And as much shit BvS gets, most people agree that Ben did a fine job as the new Batman, despite the internet getting mad when he was first cast.
>>
>>81257516
Because even how the movie was the people liked Ben Affleck as Batman, even most of the critics too, he knows he is better making movies than Snyder and he will show it
>>
>>81254478
>Second Batffleck film is going to be Under The Red Hood

Damn, take all my money
>>
>>81255524
lol What?
>Implying Superman is really dead.
>Implying anything truly and permanently terrible will happen to either Bats or Wondy.
Are you really this stupid?
>>
>>81257873
>>Implying Superman is really dead.
YEah he is. Did you not see the end? Right before the credits you see the dirt move and rise up a split second before cutting to black. He's definitely dead.
>>
>>81254478
>Death in the Family mixed with The Killing Joke
That doesn't make any sense. So the film would be a prequel?

>>81257516
>He looked devastated in that one interview
Wouldn't you be? He loves Batman. Imagine you got picked to play your favorite /co/ character in a DCU or MCU movie only for critics around the world to call it shit.
>>
File: Nightwing-Robin.jpg (89 KB, 660x765) Image search: [Google]
Nightwing-Robin.jpg
89 KB, 660x765
>Dick & Jason

WB pls
>>
>>81258018
Not attractive enough to be Dick
>>
>>81257516
What interview?
>>
>>81258018
>>81258040
>Jason's jawline though...
>>
>>81258059
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwXfv25xJUw
>>
>>81254478
So..

DITF + KJ = First Movie
UTRH = Second Movie
??? = Third Movie

Interesting, but isn't it really a good idea to start with prequel? Maybe they should start with UTRH and have the second movie to be flashback about DITF + KJ.
>>
>>81254819
There is a problem here
He can't play
>>
How will be Affleck's treatment of Batman with him at the direction? Will be more "comic book guy" like Snyder says or will try to make more like Nolan?
>>
>>81258040
Nigga you crazy. He's the only one on that list who looks remotely Dickish.
>>
>>81258188
'remotely dickish' isn't good enough
>>
>>81258167

as it looks like, Affleck already had a huge influence on BvS batman.
>>
>>81258018
The first one look like dick grayson m to be honest.

I don't know about Taron being Jason tho. He is not what imagined for Jason.
>>
>>81258105
The entirety of DITF can really be boiled down into just one scene though, unless you really want to include that nonsense with Superman and Joker as the Iranian Ambassador.
>>
>>81254478
>Tyler James Williams
>Robin
You are a troll, op.
>>
>>81258239
This, nobody would include the subplot about Iran in a movie actually
>>
>>81258239
>>81258276
--that was terrible really. -especially when murrikans where the bad guys
>>
>>81258239
well there's the whole thing about Jason finding his real mother, who turns out to be not worth the effort
>>
>>81258272
>Batman biggest success is a white guy
>Batman biggest failure is a black guy
WB have to be completely suicidal to do that.
>>
>>81254729
>batman Inc
I hope not, the latter half is horrible.
>>
>>81258356
That's true. And since we know how much Freudian maternal love this iteration of Batman has, seems like the perfect Jokerbait.

"Martha" is the DCEU's equivalent of "Zur En Arrh"
>>
>>81258356
They can still do it in flashback.

Both DITF and KJ are controversial stories. Having the first batman movie about them isn't a good idea at all.
>>
>>81257341
Tell that to the writers, not me.
>>
>>81258381

Burton almost had Marlon Wayans as Robin. I still can't decide if that's more or less ridiculous than Joseph Gordon Levitt.
>>
>>81258239
>>81258356
If they're going down this route, I'd think Robin dies quite early. Then it morphs into some version of UtRH, 2 hours of angry rebellious Robin is pretty much the plot of Schumacher's Batman and Robin.
>>
>>81258018

MMM BOYS
>>
>>81258078
>Cavill acted more like Superman in this interview than he did in the actual movie
BRAVO SNYDER
>>
>>81258458
I disagree. A lot of normies are mad that Batman is killing and branding shit in BvS. Therefore, just like what they're doing with WW solo movie, the next Batman solo movie can be a prequel showing how Batman became that ruthless state we see in BvS. And there is nothing better than someone close dying, which they already imply that it's Robin.
>>
File: last chance.jpg (991 KB, 1136x1170) Image search: [Google]
last chance.jpg
991 KB, 1136x1170
>>81258239
Tom, c'mon
>>
File: RCO016.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
RCO016.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81258422
that reminds me. I wonder if there's someone I could pay a couple hundred bucks to go through BvS,remove all the scenes of Bruce, and shoop all the scenes of Batman so he's in his crazy jammies
>>
>>81257516
>He thinks le meme video means anything.

The one consistent praise out of all the shit flinging this movie gets is that Ben Affleck has more than proved himself to be THE Batman. Just shut the fuck up.
>>
File: gordons.jpg (2 MB, 3264x3264) Image search: [Google]
gordons.jpg
2 MB, 3264x3264
>>81254478
>>81258018

I like Harmon or Edgerton for Robin and LLoyd or Hedland for Nightwing, really not fond of any of the others.

I hope this is true and means that the dead Robin is Jason, and Dick exists elsewhere. Bruce needs at least one success story so that he's not a complete reckless asshole.

Very hyped to see Jim and Babs together.
>>
>>81254478
>>Harry Llyod, Kit Harrington, Steven Yuen, Richard Madden and Garret Hedland are in contention for Nightwing
Holy meme actors ahoy Batman. You forgot Aaron Paul!
>>
>>81257037
Yeah. Imagine Superman dying on his second movie hahahahaha absolute mad men
>>
>>81258458
They can go bold and make a Rated R film
>>
>>81254729
>I think Court of the Owls would sell like a motherfucker.

Why do people like Court of Owls? They're just a local League of Shadows with Owl Iconography
>>
>>81258105
>??? = Third Movie
Arkham Asylum: A serious house on serious earth/Batman TAS trial episode
>>
>>81256548
Wtf? Death in the family came out like 20 years before under the red hood
>>
>>81258890
>They're just a local League of Shadows with Owl Iconography
and that raises their score as batman villains by two points over the league
>>
>>81254753
Batman is established as being like 50 in BvS though. What plot hole could you possibly create by making a batman story from 20 years before?
>>
>>81258890

They can't do the LoA again right after the Nolan trilogy, and the Court is a decent enough replacement.
>>
File: njad.png (79 KB, 386x479) Image search: [Google]
njad.png
79 KB, 386x479
>we will NEVER get tdkr carrie kelly robin in a film
>>
>>81256548
How it's the half of Under the Red Hood? one thing it's Robin's death and how affects to Batman, another thing is when he returns years later
>>
>>81254729
It could work but you need a couple movies before it to establish the city, so that the reveal has any impact.

But DC is obsessed with starting at the finish line, so they won't do that.
>>
>>81257321
People still with this?
>>
>>81258615
Her forehead is too big
>>
>>81254858
>funnybook

Go back to /tv/
>>
>>81255036
Nah, fuck that. I've been wanting to see how Affleck and Leto interact as Batman and Joker for a while now.
>>
>>81254478
>literally a bunch of rumors from the past year compiled into a post
>no source

Why do you guys fall for this shot so easily? Affleck said he's working with Geoff Johns on something, that's the only rumor that's been true.
>>
>>81255255
True, but you have to be careful with that. Snyder used elements from over half a dozen Superman stories for Man of Steel, and while I didn't have a problem with it, others would say that some of those stories were too dissimilar to one another to be used in the same movie.

That said, Death in the Family and The Killing Joke would gel nicely, so I'm not too concerned about that.
>>
File: 1457738785539.jpg (100 KB, 481x308) Image search: [Google]
1457738785539.jpg
100 KB, 481x308
>>81255524
>Batman not dying in his own movie

Gee, you don't say? Well, I guess we can't do prequels because of that.
>>
>>81255756
Well, Leto can probably deliver. We haven't seen much of him, but what I HAVE seen so far gives me the creeps.
>>
>>81256324
Seeing as it's apparently a prequel movie? Probably just Jason's death.

If they do a Red Hood bit later on, the fact that Batman pushed the line so far in BvS won't be a problem, at least in my eyes.

Instead of Jason asking Bruce why he won't make an exception to his one rule for the Joker, he berates him, saying that he was willing to bend his rule to the absolute limit (i.e. Killing people, but never directly), but he STILL couldn't do something about Joker. To which Bruce could respond that he was in a dark place, and that he isn't going any further down that road. Not only does this reinforce the idea that even Batman was inspired by Superman's example, but it also makes clear his bizarre relationship with the Joker.

There's a ton of potential here, and I think this whole exchange is actually made better by Batman's actions in BvS.
>>
>>81256415
But that's gay. There's nothing wrong with either of those movies being used in the context of a greater universe.
>>
>>81256450
Not directly, no. But he bent that one rule to within one atom of its breaking point, that's for sure. Of course, the prequel comics made it ear that his recent brutality is something new. We all know why of course. Combine that with the fact that most of his rogues are either in Arkham or Blackgate, and it explains why he never killed any of them.
>>
File: dfdffd.png (2 MB, 1940x847) Image search: [Google]
dfdffd.png
2 MB, 1940x847
My take on the origin of all this stuff (it's very very loose from The Killing Joke and The Death in the Family)
I can't think how the story would play out but you guys can plant in a continuity from my take.

>Robin already a Batman recruit
>Joker attacks the Bat family
>Joker kidnaps Barbara and tortures her while constantly sending her pics to Gordon
>Batman and Robin to the rescue
>Jason request to kill Joker for good to prevent any more shit from happening but Batman says no
>Joker escapes (somehow/plot device)
>Batman and Jason is completely defeated with Barb being crippled and Jason is very angry
>Joker keeps doing bad things and Jason has had enough so he took things to his own hands and went after the Joker
>Jason got outplayed by Joker during the pursue and gets captured and tortured by Joker (that's how he got the tattoos)
>Joker sends Jason's suit to Batman
>Batman devastated and thinks that Robin is dead
>Batman tries to hunt down the Joker
>Batman fails to get close to the Joker but caught a glimpse at Joker, a new Joker
>new Joker is Jason after getting tortured by the old Joker
>Batman devastated (2.0) at the fate of Jason (becoming Joker) being worst than death
>Batman's rage got to him, turns a bit crazy and starts branding, torturing and killing criminals (a.k.a. that's how he becomes the BvS Batman)
>>
>>81254773
OP didn't mention Jason as Red Hood.
>>
>>81255756
I would love to see that, but Batman is a big guy for Warner and makes money, i think they don't want to make it Rated R, and that bothers me
>>
>>81257516
Even the worst reviews point out that his performance was excellence.

Besides, if Ben has actually read those reviews, he'd find that most of them are from shitters who expected BvS to be just like the MCU. The reviews with legit complaints usually rated it around 6/10, and there are more than a few that go higher than that.

And aside from that, BvS is killing it at the box office. All in all, I'd say he has plenty of reasons to stay optimistic.
>>
I love MOS, I love darker comics, but please, please for the love of god, DO NO GIVE US A MOVIE MR FREEZE WITH THE NEW 52 ORIGIN!
PLEASE!
Just directly adapt straight from TAS and nothing else except outfit design maybe.
>>
>>81258167
Affleck is a total Batman fanatic and an excellent director. With him at the helm, we might get a Batman movie that manages to be an excellent film AND true to the comics.
>>
>>81255581
Jason is the only Batfamily member that has any role in DITF.
>>
>Remember when we made fun of Affleck in the old days?
>I'm happy that we moved on from that and think he's one of the best Batman actors.
>>
>>81261354
I just hope he is not the kind of "comic book guy" like snyder declares himself
>>
>>81254478
Calling it now, this and Suicide Squad will be hits, and Wonder Woman will bomb. DCEU becomes the Batman Extended Universe
>>
>>81258890
>Why do people like the CoO
Because most Batman fans on this board have only read Snyder's run.
>>
>>81261437
Affleck is best Batman. And although I never ranted and raved nor signed any retarded petitions, I'm still sorry for having doubted him initially.
>>
>>81261504
Everything I've heard about Affleck seems to suggest he's a legitimate fan.
>>
>>81261504
The nigga had a pseudo-Batcave built in his house. And he delivered to us the best cinematic Batman in history to date. Ben is the last person we need to be worried about.
>>
>>81261508
Wonder woman looks to have every possible chance to do well. Saying it will bomb is foolish when its nowhere near to coming out.
Also suicide squad having batman doesnt mean its a batman movie
>>
>>81261610
Snyder is a legit fan too. I don't see how that's in doubt. The guy just has a lot of room for improvement as a filmmaker.
>>
>>81261640
Batman villians*
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.