[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boober Fraggle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9
File: BOOBER.png (425 KB, 600x589) Image search: [Google]
BOOBER.png
425 KB, 600x589
I have no idea what style of hat Boober wears. Can you help me, /co/? /fa/ terrifies me, so I cannot ask there.
>>
>>81249799

It's a busted old flat cap.
>>
File: FF9 Boober.png (128 KB, 290x401) Image search: [Google]
FF9 Boober.png
128 KB, 290x401
>>81249799
His hat and scarf look so worn out. For someone obsessed with laundry, Boober doesn't really take care of his clothes.
>>
>>81250417
Maybe the idea is he washed them too mucn.

Also, pretty sure its a riding cap OP.
>>
>>81250297

It looks almost like a spitfire style cap to me. I've always wondered. Thanks!

>>81250417

Clothing can only be washed so many times before it starts to wear out.
>>
>>81250417
I love doing shit like this in games.
Ehh they don't look that worn to me. plus most fraggles aren't very into laborious things like knitting, so articles of clothing are probably pretty rare and treasured things. especially since they arent considered vital in the slightest.
if anything theyre worn out because he washes them so often
then again he also washes hecka tons of socks yet nobody in fraggle rock wears them
>>
>>81250297
>>81250456
neither of those have a brim like that though
>>81250497
that one's closer

isnt this called like.. a 'newsboy' cap? like oliver twist has..
>google

ohhh okay, yeah. apparently a flatcap has a brim underneath it and it just usually slumps over its own brim. but in his case it doesnt
>>
>>81250498

It is my headcanon that he washes the socks that vanish in driers across the earth.

>>81250530

I think newsboy is the "catch-all" style for any hat that looks even remotely similar style-wise? I'm no haberdasher. :(
>>
>>81250530

Like I said, old busted leftover hippy garbage.
>>
File: some-gentlemen1.jpg (56 KB, 634x472) Image search: [Google]
some-gentlemen1.jpg
56 KB, 634x472
>>81249799
We all know you just wanted a hat thread!
>>
>>81249799
Fiddler cap.
>>
>>81250657
that would certainly fit nicely into the strange world the fraggles and gorgs occupy. seemingly a dimension that intersects ours at a ton of different points
>>
Don't know the name, but it's the kind of hat that gas station attendants used to wear, back when it was all full service and they'd wash your windshield and check your oil.

Boober sort of has that young working class character to him.
>>
>>81250683

I love hats and threads, so I plead the 5th.

>>81250693

Not floppy enough in the back, and those have stiff brims, don't they?
>>
File: uca.subcylindrica.800[1].jpg (83 KB, 800x567) Image search: [Google]
uca.subcylindrica.800[1].jpg
83 KB, 800x567
>>81250693
there we go

not even sure whether to make a dirty joke (i mean shit his name is boober) or... nah, this is muppets. let's go clever

>wouldn't a fiddler cap be one with one side of the brim way bigger than the other?
>>
>>81250729

I think so too. Thank you! It only made sense to me as a kid, that was what he was doing, especially since I never really saw any fraggle wearing socks.
>>
>>81250738
those are more like policeman's caps though
pretty sure the fiddler cap is the closest
>>
>>81250824
but then why is he so obsessed with it? If they're from out of his world that seems more like a religious activity, but to him it's clearly a chore, a duty
Maybe his dad just did it and he learned it from there. actually the fraggles have a similar thing going on to the gummi bears, where there's an utter and conspicuous lack of family ties. nobody has a family except gobo has an uncle.
it's weird, i always heard gummi bears was the predecessor to gargoyles, and you can totally see it.. except that the wyvern clan had an excuse to have been wiped out to just six individuals rapidly, only two of which are related, and they explicitly don't care about family ties. the bears, it's like.. they're dwindling, fine. but how are there six of them comprising three generations, when they've been distanced from their human persecutors for centuries?
>>
>>81250738
Yeah it's a "greaser" cap. You'd see them in gas station attendants or youth of the 50s/early 60s era that worked on hot rods. Early biker gangs.

Marlon Brando wears one in Wild Ones.
>>
>>81251081
Also, "Mutt" from that horrible Indiana Jones movie. Probably a replica of Brando's hat.
>>
Apparently if you gis "biker cap" you get many variations of the type. I guess that's as close as you get to a real name.
>>
>>81251081
ahhh there we go, that i can see.
>>81251186
which would explain the ambiguity. some of them are police-style (like the gay leather bikers of the 70s-80s) with a high front, others are just loose and beanielike
>>
That mate, is an 8 Dart Cap.
>>
>>81251256
we have a winner
>>
>>81250990
>come in to a Fraggle thread
>find Gummi Bears lore
It's like *I* wrote this... but I'm fairly certain I'm not schizophrenic...

Anyhow, between running into the bears of Gummadoon, the Barbics, that one Gummi with the airship, and of course Gusto (just off the top of my head), it's fairly safe to say that not ALL of the Gummis in the world made the exodus with the Great Gummis. There were probably scattered clans all over the world, and not all of them were able to join the Great Gummis at once. Some of them probably needed years, even multiple generations, to close up shop and make sure all of their various works would not be found by human hands. Afterwards, they would follow the clues and make the journey, possibly passing through Gummi Glen in their search. Some Gummis would never reach their destination, becoming lost or orphaned along the way. It's my head canon that the Gummis of Gummi Glen were brought together by tragedy rather than by being related. I also seem to recall an episode where Grammi tells a story about how she and Zummi were notorious pranksters in the orphanage they lived in. That seems to support my theory.

...Whew, that was more long-winded than I had intended.
>>
>>81252612
yeah okay, i'll buy that. still weird we never got an origin episode for their little group
and yeah this is why nerds are so great, man. nerds of a goddamn feather.
>>
>>81253019
An origin story with that many characters being orphaned, lost or abandoned would be a little too dark for the tone of the show, I'd imagine.

Though, like you, I've always enjoyed the idea of a Gargoyles/Gummi Bears crossover.
>>
>>81253292
well you don't have to say it exactly, just show four of them on a riverboat that wrecks or something, meeting up with the other two. first talking about what got them THAT far.. how some of them were orphans, some were looking for their family,.. only one of them would have to lose someone IN the crash. or i suppose they could each have had origin episodes. but yeahh in the end it didnt need it, somehow in the 80s we just didnt question this shit.

as for the crossover.. somehow I just can't quite see it working. If they had been anything but little teddybear-looking things maybe. like if they looked like proper bears, just little upright-walking dwarf bears in different colors.. really that is what they are, they're the gnomes of their setting. gnomes just happen to be wee bears instead of wee men this time.
>>
File: 1443118979498.png (46 KB, 150x164) Image search: [Google]
1443118979498.png
46 KB, 150x164
>>81249799
>Boob
>>
>>81249799
>Isn't about capeshit
>Isn't about Star Wars
>No maymays
>No "actors you ___"
>Actually taught me something I didn't know before (about hats)

Is this what happiness feels like?
>>
>>81249799
Paperboy hat.
>>
>>81250990
>actually the fraggles have a similar thing going on to the gummi bears, where there's an utter and conspicuous lack of family ties. nobody has a family except gobo has an uncle.

Well, fraggle rock was made at about the time there was still some old hippie free-lovin' ideals floating around, so it wouldn't surprise me if the closest thing to canon was that fraggles don't really care about family beyond just being aware who they're related to. There's a reference to them hatching, so if they come from eggs maybe they just dump all the eggs and babies somewhere off-screen and they get raised by whoever wants to do it. Closest thing we ever saw to a fraggle education system was that they had a Storyteller fraggle. Coincidentally, she was the only female fraggle who you could tell for sure had tits, so maybe there's some link there.
>>
>>81253370
Well, not to get too far into it (or I'd sit here writing all night), but I think the Gargoyles would be wary of the Gummies because of the schism between them and the humans, and the Gargoyle's pact to protect the humans. The humans would scoff at the Gargoyle's 'superstitious' behavior because they believe the Gummis to have faded to myth, but the Gargoyles have longer lives and memories and fear that the magical and mechanical secrets that the Gummis have hoarded away might be suddenly brought to 'bear' (sorry, couldn't help myself) against the humans. Of course, since Gargoyle's past story takes place in Scotland, and Dunwyn appears to be an English kingdom, you'd have to stretch a bit to find a reason for Goliath to find himself in Gummi Glen (unless you resort to using the Mists of Avalon, but that feels like a cheap solution). In any case, the conflict would likely involve Duke Igthorn discovering Goliath and hatching a plot to frame the Gummis for unprovoked attacks against humankind (possibly using some Gummi craft he previously scavenged). Goliath would recognize the Gummi handiwork for what it was, but the humans would disbelieve him. Igthorn would then step in and offer to help Goliath prove his words by capturing the Gummi Bears. Of course, Iggy's true intentions would be to use Goliath's ability to fly as a way to locate Gummi Glen and take all the Gummi secrets for himself. Eventually, Iggy's treachery is revealed and he uses his ogres to spring a trap on the Gargoyle, and Goliath and the Gummis work together to escape.

That's how I see it working out, anyway.
>>
>>81253945
All you need to do to find happiness is to... dance your cares away.
>>
>>81253370

Are you telling me that Xanatos wouldn't have been interested in the properties of Gummi Berry Juice?

In any case, after this post, I want the Gummi Bears to meet pic related. Differences in Troll physiology can be explained as alternative evolutionary lines.
>>
File: h2wv0Ly.jpg (11 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
h2wv0Ly.jpg
11 KB, 640x480
>>81254567

Dammit, forgot pic

>>81253945

It's like being on /tg/ when you find a non-quest thread
>>
>>81254567
I always found it interesting that while it made the Gummi bears bounce, it made both humans and ogres super strong... does that imply that human physiology is closer to that of an ogre than a Gummi?
>>
I know the Muppets are still going strong, but will we ever get something like Fraggle Rock again? Asking for another Farscape would be... Yeah, too much.
>>
>>81254635
>does that imply that human physiology is closer to that of an ogre than a Gummi?

Well that does make a lot of sense, Ogres really are just ugly stylized humanoids. Gummi bears are bears.
>>
>>81253945
stuff like this is why i continue to stay on this wretched board.
>>
>>81254635

If we assume that GBJ reaction is somehow genetically linked, then yes. I could easily believe the first Ogres being humans who got cursed in some way.

Of course, the original generation would have died out already, making the curse unremovable because the current crop have never been anything other than ogre...
>>
>>81254788
They have been trying to make that Fraggle Rock movie forever, man.

Before you know it, a major Fraggle Rock actor will pass away, and someone will come up with the bright idea of making an all-girl Fraggle movie.
>>
>>81254635

Yeah, I can imagine humans and ogres having a more recent common ancestor than humans and gummi bears.

That's always something I wanted to see in a fantasy setting, actually. Have like, dwarves or gnomes or hobbits be the default standard, and then have humans just be a small kind of giant.
>>
A Gravity Falls/Gummi Bears crossover would be awesome.
>>
>>81254871
Elder Scrolls sort of does this; the recent common ancestor for all races (except Argonians) were giants.
>>
I wonder what effects Gummi Berry Juice would have on other species besides ogres and humans?

>>81254896
"Schmebulock, why do you keep drinking that garbage? It merely gives you terrible gas!"
>>
File: Xanatos.jpg (10 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
Xanatos.jpg
10 KB, 250x188
>>81254567
>Are you telling me that Xanatos wouldn't have been interested in the properties of Gummi Berry Juice?

I possess the technological know how and resources to challenge gods, what use would I have for simple super strength. Beyond rearranging my office furniture I suppose.
>>
>>81255138
Considering how far ahead of human tech the Gummis were in the days of Dunwyn, I'd imagine Xanatos would be pretty interested in the other stuff that Gummis have mastered in modern times.
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 198x255) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 198x255
>>81255138

Aside from isolating its key ingredients, and experimenting? What if GBJ turned out to have a psychoactive effect on Gargoyles, rendering them highly suggestible? The wider possibilities deserve investigation.

Hell, if you don't, I will. Then we'll see.
>>
File: monty.jpg (17 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
monty.jpg
17 KB, 600x450
>>81255319
Oi, just ye try it, yah big-headed lab rat! Me an' me mates'll stop ya AND all a' yer world domination plans before ye can say 'parmesean plattah'. Too roight!
>>
>>81254896

Add Hellboy, because Hellboy crosses over with everything. (and because I think Hellboy is a good series.)
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.