[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So in JL#50 batman is going to find out who the joker really
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7
File: joker-comic.jpg (52 KB, 600x300) Image search: [Google]
joker-comic.jpg
52 KB, 600x300
So in JL#50 batman is going to find out who the joker really is and it shocks him. Who does /co think it is? And is this a bad idea?
>>
>>81235780
It'll be an infinite list of names because it lists every Joker in the Omniverse and we won't find out New52 Jokers name
>>
>>81235780

It will either be Alfred, or Bruce himself.

Or better yet Superman.
>>
Jason Todd
>>
Jared Leto
>>
>>81235780
>batman is going to find out who the joker really is and it shocks him
Didn't he already find out when he was BatGod?
>>
It's going to be Loki, who possesses the saddest host it can find until he dies.
>>
>>81235866
Yes, JL #50 will reveal to the reader what was revealed to Batman in that issue.
>>
Watch it be like Joe Chill, or his dad or some bullshit to give more meaning to the relationship
>>
>>81235847
>>81235848
what if Jason is playing Jared Leto, who is playing the Joker, who turns out to have really been Jason Todd this entire time?
>>
this is the version that doesn't have face skin anymore?

shouldn't he be dead?

sorry I just couldn't keep reading after that, it was too stupid
>>
File: DC batman and Joker.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
DC batman and Joker.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>81235809
At this point it would probably be best if the Joker were actually multiple people that take up the mantle every once in awhile. Literally he has so many different personas and attitudes that it's like the only thing that works
>>
I feel like this is the worst idea they've had for joker outside of cutting his own face off.

His anonymity and other-ness would be ruined by this.
>>
File: DC Batgirl Batman we win.png (1002 KB, 563x906) Image search: [Google]
DC Batgirl Batman we win.png
1002 KB, 563x906
>>81235969
he apparently got better for another arc, Endgame.
Snyder is pretty bad, he wants to continue doing horror stories with Batman but can never follow through so it constantly falls apart at the climax or near the conclusion
>>
File: AMEndgame1a.jpg (179 KB, 620x903) Image search: [Google]
AMEndgame1a.jpg
179 KB, 620x903
My prediction: nothing will change and it'll be gay
>>
I think the best thing we can hope for is that his real name is Joseph Kerr and Batman was just having a WTF moment.

Anything else is stupid. That's stupid as well, but at least it's a joke if only a meta one.
>>
>>81235976
That's a great fucking cover, man.
>>
>>81235780
Thomas had an affair with secretary at Wayne Enterprises. Gets knocked up, Thomas freaks and fires her. Secretary confesses to husband, husband kills Thomas and Martha. Secretary gives birth to bastard who is treated like shit by parents. Becomes Joker. They are half brothers. Ta-daa. Hope I didn't fuck up the spoiler tags.
>>
Alfred's long-lost son and/or a relative of the Waynes. Screencap this.
>>
>>81236107
Yeah I was glad some anon made a wallpaper of it
>>
>>81236124
Oh man that would be so bad.

>>81236032
It's amazing how Snyder has his own original horror property and literally the only guy working on it suited to it is the colorist. How is it even possible to fuck up a creator-owned project like that?
>>
>>81235780
Watch DC pull some bullshit and make it Alfred Stryker.
>>
>>81235976
Also you could kill him occasionally.
>>
>>81236201
>How is it even possible to fuck up a creator-owned project like that?
a level of pretentiousness that makes you think you can never do anything wrong

>>81236233
Yeah that is true, it would also explain how he survived some of those bigger what the fuck moments
>>
>>81236032
>Batman comics, Young Justice and GLTAS being cancelled, the DCCU
From now on, no "Snyder" should ever be allowed close to a DC property ever again
>>
>>81235780
It'll be Joseph Jack Napier-Kerr, his friend used to called him "Jerome" for fun
>>
>>81235780
I am so sick of Joker
>>
>>81236124
I actually kind of like this.
>>
>>81235780
It will either be very stupid or anticlimactic
>>
So, will the revelation be that the Joker really is just the Joker?
>>
>>81236794
That would be the best outcome, but it's gonna be something dramatic and stupid instead.
>>
Joker is the Earth-Prime equivalent of WAYNE BRUCE, the Batman of a mirror world where the Bat, the agent of chaos, is the only resistance to an oppressive totalitarian regime.
>>
>>81235780
Matchstick Malone or Eels O'Brien
>>
It's the spirit of Gotham (consisting of a collective soul of all the madmen and killers who've died there) possessing different regular losers and twisting them into the Joker, however the personality of the host influences the personality of the Joker (similarly to the Mask).

This way you explain all his different interpretations while also rendering moot the "why hasn't Batman killed the Joker?" question.
>>
>>81235780
I don't see the point. THe Joker works better when we don't know who he is. It's part of the mystique. Even he can't remember anymore.

Besides. We got the answer in Zero Year. Are you telling me the man who fell into the chemical vat, the vat that created Joker, isn't the Joker?
>>
>>81237438

No one is the joker. It is all in Batsy's mind when he does whippits in the batcar down in the cave.
>>
>>81237486
so then who's one doing the bodycounts and getting locked up in arkham instead of being chaired?
>>
>>81237517

Batsy does A LOT of whippits. His dead father's influence with the commissioner gets him released whenever he gets picked up.
>>
i saw a cool idea where the chair says which one? and as a result batman starts trying to bring back the old continuities, leading into rebirth
>>
Are you guys dumb? it's obvious that the chair says I DON'T KNOW that's why Bruce says "No, that's not possible"
>>
>>81239345
I like this
>>
File: NimbleNavigator.png (315 KB, 209x595) Image search: [Google]
NimbleNavigator.png
315 KB, 209x595
>>81235780
We already know who the Joker is
>>
It'll be some copout, don't get your hopes up
>>
It's going to be Dr. Arkham, my dad works at DC.
>>
>>81236291
If there's one thing that Snyder is, it's VERY pretentious.
>>
>>81235780
I think it'll turn out to be Bruce Wayne.
>>
>>81241004
oh yeah he kind of exudes it, and it doesn't help that his fanbase will allows any bad story telling slide because it's Snyder
>>
It's Mad Dog Hawkins
>>
>>81241151
There's Morrison, who is like the David Bowie of comics, he's got the clout and the history so he can walk the walk and talk the talk, but he's nowhere near up his own ass like Snyder is who doesn't have anywhere near the resume his predecessor does.
>>
>>81235780
Whoever it ends up being, I can almost guarantee it's a terrible idea.

Honestly, DC needs to just retire the Joker for a while. I get that he's almost as popular as Batman himself, but everybody constantly trying to one-up the last Joker story is really starting to get out of hand, and Batman's other villains need a turn in the spotlight.
>>
>>81237231
they answered this shit in jokers last laugh. he fucking almost destroyed the world because he was going to die. imagine what he will do if he were going to die.
>>
The Joker Is Bruce from and alternate universe of Qward his name is Wayne Bruce
>>
File: jlokerart-2.jpg (154 KB, 664x930) Image search: [Google]
jlokerart-2.jpg
154 KB, 664x930
>>81235780

There have been multiple Jokers.
>>
>>81241231
There is a good difference and comparison there, Morrison actually earned his place and his level of popularity, whether you like him or not at least he worked his way up.
Snyder on the other hand is just popular because he is popular, he got a small push a bit ago and has been riding that ever since
>>
>>81241275
Joker is more popular than ANY comic book character other than Batman

Just be glad they don't go the Marvel way and turn him into a hero so he can have his own ongoing
>>
>>81241908
Already did that with Harley Quinn
>>
>>81241908
I wish Snyder was writing a Joker ongoing so he wouldn't feel compelled to make every other arc in All Star Batman a Joker story.
>>
>>81242191
Harley Quinn = Deadpool
>>
In all seriousness it would be awesome and really classy if his name is Heath Ledger and he is the DC universe Joker. That would be awesome and a real tribute to a great man
>>
>>81241231
Grant never even seems that pretentious to me, I legitimately just think he's a weird guy that loves comics and their history.
Everything Snyder writes always reeks of "Remember this Batman story?, well I make it more epic, and shoehorn in about 10 'deep' monologues".
>>
>>81242238
I wish Snyder would never write the Joker ever again.
>>
>>81235976
>Literally he has so many different personas and attitudes that it's like the only thing that works
No it's not. You should check out the Joker prose issue by Morrison
>>
I would like the Joker to be a Tulpa. That is, a phyiscal manifestation in the comic book universe that represents the thoughts of the reader. So in essence, you, the reader, are the joker. You want batman to be challenged, tormented and pitted against the worst of the worst, the joker exists to serve that purpose.

It explains how he can evolve over time, how he can go toe to toe with bats and also how they haven't killed each other. In universe he still has no real explanation either.
>>
>>81242611
I remember Joker Prose, it was an interesting read and does work for Morrison's run and what he wanted to do with the character. However I was just thinking in general, overall what would best for the character in his current iteration
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.