[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buffy: The Animated Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 625x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 625x285
Would anyone have liked to see this?
Why and/or why not?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mnUvZP7-5LM
>>
>>81219375

How involved is Joss Whedon?
>>
>>81219399
I think he would have been the showrunner but I could be wrong
>>
>>81219438

well then fuck it

and fuck Firefly too
>>
I think a Buffy cartoon that tries to capture the spirit of season 1 is a really good idea, actually. Though the following seasons are better in a lot of ways, there's just this really comfy b horror vibe to 1 that the others lack. A cartoon would be a GREAT way to pick it back up.

But this looks like some shitty Scooby-Doo/Kim Possible type shit. It doesn't begin to take advantage of the medium. For starters, the animation doesn't do it for me. It doesn't do a good job of representing that season 1 vibe, from a visual perspective.

But also, the dialogue and little snippet of plot this video shows are just trash, and not in a good way. Not in that god-tier cheesy season 1 way.
>>
File: 1451209009638.jpg (243 KB, 1240x1623) Image search: [Google]
1451209009638.jpg
243 KB, 1240x1623
Depends on how sexy Dawn is.
>>
>>81219460
Kek I didn't like Firefly either but Buffy was the shit.
>>81219598
>But this looks like some shitty Scooby-Doo/Kim Possible type shit.

Yeah that's actually a good description.

I think you make some good points.
They probably thought they'd never sell it if it didn't resemble the current roster of kids cartoons at the time (didn't sell anyway kek).

But you know with all the cartoons aimed at adults these days, and the increasing amount of channels/streaming services producing content, I don't think they would have to tailor it to children anymore, if they wanted to try again.
>>
>>81219755
Its a cartoon that would take place in the timeframe of season 1. Dawn was gonna be in it but she would be a little kid.
>>
File: image.jpg (81 KB, 640x492) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
81 KB, 640x492
I would only watch it if Sarah Michelle Gellar did the voice. There's something slightly off about Buffy in this.

But yeah it sounds pretty comfy desu senpai
>>
File: 1440649564530.png (269 KB, 589x559) Image search: [Google]
1440649564530.png
269 KB, 589x559
>>81219794
So the answer would be very?
>>
File: image.jpg (78 KB, 316x466) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
78 KB, 316x466
Season 1 Willow was the biggest qt3.14.

An anime season 1 willow would be ultimate waifu.
>>
>>81219794
If I recall correctly, the conceit of Buffy the Animated Slayer would be that it was the false memories infused with Dawn's creation
>>
>>81219874
I agree.

She probably would do it now. Her film career, unfortunately, didn't really pan out so I think she would be willing this time.

>>81219880
Kek I guess if you're into 7 year old scooby drawings

>>81219925
Yeah I hate season 4 willow when they made her a lesbian. But even by 3 she was getting too confident and normal.
>>
>>81219874

It's a pilot they made they just show off as a proof on concept. They're not gonna bring in the expensive talent
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.