[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i'm just getting back into reading superman after like
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Superman_Age_of_Wonder_001.png (181 KB, 368x498) Image search: [Google]
Superman_Age_of_Wonder_001.png
181 KB, 368x498
So i'm just getting back into reading superman after like a 2yr hiatus from capeshit and I hear about this fucking reboot shit? What am I supposed to do? Should I be reading more than Action and the main title?
>>
>>81184542
The reboot was helmed by Jim Lee and Bob Harras, so it's basically DC trying to be 90s Marvel.

It is REALLY BAD. Like UNREADABLY BAD.

Don't waste your time. Just give up on cape books.
>>
>>81184542
They're rebooting in August.
>>81184575
He isn't talking about Nu52 I think. That happened more than 2 years ago.
If he is- then Morrisons run on Action comics was good enough to read.
>>
>>81184542
Read all of Action, don't read any Superman until like issue 20.
>>
>>81184597
yea i gave up in the middle of the new52 and im up on issue 40 for both titles right now. the fuck are they doing another reboot for?
>>
>>81184640
It's not a reboot.
They're just relaunching everything with new creative teams and double-shipping about half their books.

New 52 Superman and Pre-Flashpoint Superman are both around, plus a Chinese teen who is given Superman's powers (by his government?) and an unknown Superwoman.
Supergirl's getting a new book and Pre-FP Superman's son is going on adventures with Robin.
>>
>>81184640
To go back to the original numbering, and have preflashpoint Clark take over as superman
>>
>>81184542
Do yourself a favor and just don't.

Just skip the capeshit, you lose nothing of cultural value and you save money.
>>
>>81184695
>>New 52 Superman and Pre-Flashpoint Superman are both around
Are they both just gonna be on the same earth? I'm up to the issue right when supes decks that one officer in the face in action.
>>
>>81184747
They are, yeah.

That's actually already the case, but Pre-FP Clark and Lois have been keeping a low profile.
>>
Once you're free, there is never a good reason to return to capes.
>>
>>81184768
did this all happen in some event or something? i'm just strictly reading the 2 super titles.

you know i might legitimately say fuck it like these other anons are saying and come back and read 10yrs from now when im 30
>>
>>81184858
Yeah, it was part of Convergence, which sucked.

Pre-FP Lois and Clark (and son) have there book that follows up on that, and it's fine.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.