[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has anyone else heard the rumor that Doctor Doom will appear
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3
File: tumblr_ms4bgoPfuc1rm30moo1_1280.jpg (510 KB, 1020x768) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ms4bgoPfuc1rm30moo1_1280.jpg
510 KB, 1020x768
Has anyone else heard the rumor that Doctor Doom will appear in the Doctor Strange movie? and that Mads Mikkelsen is playing him?

now I know what you are probably gunna say
>Doctor Doom is FF, and FF is owned by Fox.
what if a deal happened between Marvel and Fox to get the rights to Doom, the same way Marvel and Sony worked out something for Spiderman?
also we dont yet know who Mads is playing in Doctor Strange, all we know is "a sorcerer who breaks off into his own sect" from the Ancient One. Now I know its not the exact same as Doom's origin, but Doom is a sorcerer. And if this is gunna be Doctor Strange's first introduction to many people, why havent they just gone out and said who he is playing? we already know Mordo is gunna be in the movie but not as the main villain. who else fits "a sorcerer who breaks off into his own sect" from the Ancient One, than Doom?
>>
That's retarded. You're retarded. Kill yourself.
>>
>>81180165
This
>>
>>81180179
>>81180165
how bout something more intelligent than just brainless shitposting
>>
>>81180204
I agree. That's why this thread should be deleted.
>>
Fantastic 4 has like 2 other villains, Dr.Doom is so deeply ingrained with fantastic 4 the only other thing you can keep him with is the illuminati or the entire universe. Secret Wars he screws over the entire marvel collection fantastic 4 and he tries to kill 616 Reed. He hates them with a passion and other than Galactus he is practically the only villain for them. Unless they bring in the fantastic 4 Dr.Doom would be useless. He's a good villain but not enough influence. He actually kills dr.strange in secret wars. They are actually friends via the illuminati so you can't really have them fight. But I would like the fantastic 4 involved. They maybe could be brought in via huge movies but probably not solo.
>>
Won't happen. Fox isn't hurting for money like Sony was and they sure as hell aren't going to do the fans any favors out of the goodness of their hearts.
>>
>>81180204
Delete your thread then
>>
>>81180146
Don't get your hopes up. I used to get my hopes up over the most basic things. He won't be Doom. We're not that lucky.
>>
>>81180638
>>81180687

thankyou for actually bringing some form of discussion

But Fox was trying to get x-men tv shows green lit, and unless they ask Marvel for permission they would not be able to make them, maybe Marvel strong armed them into some sort of deal?
>>
>>81180731
Or yknow they just exchanged money for goods and services like any other rational human beings
>>
also who could they be referring to? they obviously want the name secret until closer to the release date
>>
>>81180822
>Fox/Marvel tsunfest
>rational

Anon...
>>
>>81180822
you don't think a company that doesn't have access to its own intellectual properties would try and get them back?
>>
>>81180146
The rumor you just made up? Yeah, I just heard it.
>>
>>81180146
The difference between Sony and Fox is that Sony's economy is in shambles. Meanwhile Fox is in a race with Apple and Disney in an attempt to buy Warner Brothers.
>>
>>81180823
It'll probably be Doctor Druid or some other formerly good character they're going to have do an Ultimate esque face-heel twist
>>
>>81180823
Honestly they still could be waiting to decide what magical entity he is going to voice, if it's not animated yet, before there's even a trailer.
>>
Honestly they could just have him be a small role, cameo even, and call him Victor. Set up for getting those rights back but with total deniability.
>>
It would bee neat if he like never gets a name, or they just call him ViKtor.
>>
>>81180971
Only if he never speaks. Otherwise you'll hear his name.
>>
>>81180944
>>81180971
can also be pre-armor victor, with the only clue other than his name being his greed cloak and tunic
>>
>>81180146
I thought we were getting Mordo definitely and Dormammu to some degree. Or is Dormammu out?
>>
>>81181030
*green
>>
>>81181052
Mordo is confirmed for the movie, but is not the main villain.
Dormammu isnt casted, but he may be a minor inclusion in this movie
>>
He's definitely Kaluu
>>
File: John-Cena-Shock-to-Smile.gif (1006 KB, 260x187) Image search: [Google]
John-Cena-Shock-to-Smile.gif
1006 KB, 260x187
>>81181004
that took me a moment. well played
>>
>>81180146
>Has anyone else heard the rumor that Doctor Doom will appear in the Doctor Strange movie? and that Mads Mikkelsen is playing him?
I have heard that rumor and I wish it to be true with all my heart - but I know it won't because we can't have nice things.
>>
>>81180971
Not muh Doom if he's not screaming about "DOOM THIS" or "DOOM THAT" all the fucking time
Doom's screen presence should be like a combination of Shannon's Zod (MoS wasn't great but Shannon gave a great performance) and Hans Gruber
>>
>>81181157
possibly, but why keep him a secret?
>>
>>81181240
well what if this is "pre" Doom?
like the events on the movie lead him to become Doctor Doom?
>>
>>81180146
$5 says he's Doctor Druid

$10 says he's Wundarr the Aquarian
>>
>>81181240
I think they need to tone it down save the third person for exclamation mark for a sweet scne
>>
>>81181242
They kept Rosario Dawson being Claire Temple a secret up until like a month before the first season-- who the fuck knows why Marvel does the shit they do.
>>
>>81180731
FOX doesn't need Marvel's permission to exploit the X-Men live-action rights as TV; they bought that right 20 years ago (and this would be the second attempt at a live-action tv show).

The only sense in which they need permission is that if they go too far off reservation, Marvel can call bullshit on them; this would mean that their vision of the X-Men would have to be significantly more out-there than Fantfourstic was from the FF.

It's not gonna happen; FOX will just make a mediocre tv show and retain the X-Men rights through those. At the moment I'd imagine it's a contingency if Apocalypse doesn't do so well or the movies due after JLaw and HJac are gone look like they'll tank.

>>81180823
It could be anybody. It could even be an original character. The fact that it's not Strange or Mordo doesn't mean he's the main antagonist.
>>
>>81181242
spoilers?

shit, used to be you didn't know much more than a title about a movie. with these things, all they really need is to slap the marvel logo and people will see it. if the movie does good with surprises, it gets great word of mouth.
>>
>>81181300
That'd be dumb, unless we're seeing him well on his way to becoming Dr. Doom. Doom wants to be Doom since he was like 12, otherwise not Muh
I had a conversation with Tom Brevoort about why the films won't use his real origin and I think Brevoort mainly said that they are way too afraid of that level of comic book camp, where his name is literally Doom, and the whole gypsy thing.
>>
>>81180971
>>81181240
Yeah this, also thats a retarded theory and its retarded to believe it
>>
>>81182098
Bunch of pussie are running these movies
>>
>>81180146
That rumor was invented this afternoon right here anon.

Jesus go look up the damn archive.
>>
>>81182182
>That rumor was invented this afternoon right here anon.
Please, I've been saying Mads is Doom since he was confirmed in the movie.
>>
>>81180146
I want to believe.

It was kinda fishy how we kept hearing about how Fox wanted to do X-Men shows but couldn't, then after F4 bombed and the sequel was scrapped SUDDENLY a bunch of X-Men shows were announced...

I'm holding out hope that a deal was made in secret, and the reason Marvel never announced anything yet was to let the bad taste of Fant4stic wash out of everyone's mouths. Same reason they'd have Doom show up before the 4.

I want to believe.
>>
>>81180146
>what if a deal happened between Marvel and Fox to get the rights to Doom
Pigs will take to the air.
>>
>>81182823
Wait did Fant4stic2 officially get scrapped?
>>
File: 1442094665129.gif (910 KB, 250x188) Image search: [Google]
1442094665129.gif
910 KB, 250x188
>>81180146
>what if a deal happened between Marvel and Fox

Not in a million years
>>
>>81180146
Yea, I TOTALLY HEARD THAT, in fact I started that bullshit rumor awhile ago.
>>
>>81180146
Has anyone else heard the rumor that OP is a faggot?
>>
>>81183815

I think I remember hearing something like this a couple years ago, but I thought it was just a rumor
>>
>>81180884
>Disney buying Warner Bros.

I hate the Mouse with a passion, but Earth-984 could finally be a thing... So torn.
>>
>>81182823
>>81183642
Been calling it since Fant4stic crashed and burned, Fox and Disney will be exchanging rights.
Doom will be in Strange and it will be a big reveal
>>
>Daimon Hellstrom
>Black Knight
>Doctor Druid
>Space Jesus
>Ghost Rider/Zarathos
>The Hood
>Simon Garth
>Cthon
>Mephisto

Any of these niggas before Doom.
Because you know he's not playing Doom, even if the son of a bitch is perfect for the role and all this mystery is just Marvel fucking with us.
>>
>>81180146
OP don't play with my feelings. Mads is pretty much dream casting for DOOM like... Don't get my hopes up til you have proof
>>
>>81180204
because you dont deserve an intelligent response for something so stupid.

what happened between sony and marvel was incredible

fox and marvel have a horrible relationship and we will most likely be dead or past our 40s when the rights revert back

we can thank deadpool for this.
they think there is hope.
Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.