[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Adventure Time has defidently been revived over the last season.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85
File: image.jpg (20 KB, 299x168) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20 KB, 299x168
Adventure Time has defidently been revived over the last season. This episode made me actually laugh very hard. But with all the charcter resolutions that have been coming about
> marceline and Bubblegum becoming friends again
> Finn's dad leaving
> Jake being a better father
> Simon and Betty
> PB being a better ruler
It seems like adventure time is coming to an end. Does /co/ concur with this
>>
This episode was pretty boring desu
>>
>>81174759
Why do they change the way PB and Marceline look all the time?
>>
>>81174759
Ever so slightly, daily and nightly, in little ways.
>>
Link where
>>
Holy moly that was boring shit

Good lord above
>>
>>81176597
Same.

Everything was so flat and dull, interesting things were happening but they sure as shit weren't shown in an engaging way.
>>
>>81174759
Yeah, and it's pretty disappointing.

This is where they wanna leave all the characters? Sure we still got another season+ but not that much else is gonna change.

I guess the show's taking >>81180331 to heart but its pretty lame honesty. Would've been nice to see more spice added and shit.
>>
Season 8 has some sort of mention of Finn's mom.

I don't recall where I read it but a simple Google search should suffice, and it might even be on the wikia (with source)
>>
>>81176597
I liked it, but on the whole I'd say it was one of the weaker episodes so far. The thing with Santa killed me though.
>>
>>81174759
It already drug out a little bit

I say let it end and we all be happy it be remembered for something good. We can have some movie/special where we delve into the unanswered shit and then say goodbye on a warm note. Possibly with something unresolved.
>>
>>81185451
>Possibly with something unresolved.
please dont gravity falls this

adventure time is my favorite show currently, I know no matter what the finale is going to make me sad as fuck, because I hate series finales of cartoons, it just feels so surreal.
>>
shit episode
>>
File: 1428600648385.jpg (57 KB, 1198x893) Image search: [Google]
1428600648385.jpg
57 KB, 1198x893
>>81174759
>He likes PB and MarcyTime
Stakes was a travesty. They keep gymping Finn and over doing their shit ass lore. It was better when it was implied. Overt lore, muh-feels fags, and degeneratefags are the cancer on AT. Nothing has changed except they were pandered to so hard AT finally realised it was dead so rather than getting back to basics they're making one last desperate attempt to regain their most rabid supporters.
Kinda like how avatar was good and well loved but Korra was a love letter to a fandom who didn't matter and were essentially a VERY loud minorty.

Rest in peace original AT. I hope someone eventually kills your phantom, that is, ends the marionette like dance the writers force from your lifeless body, and you finally move on to the other side.
>>
>>81179311
Because they like changing style?
>>
File: 1421128690645.png (107 KB, 469x469) Image search: [Google]
1421128690645.png
107 KB, 469x469
>>81185488
>adventure time is my favourite show currently
Kill yourself my man.
Even the chinks understand adventure better than the current staff. Their little fanfiction AT ripoff is bang on for the original tone and captures the same spark that made AT what it was. Modern AT is just pandering and some, admittedly good, guest artists.
>>
>>81185661
>. They keep gymping Finn and over doing their shit ass lore.
Wrong.

He is not gymped. Vampire are just really powerful.
>>
>>81185693
>Even the chinks understand adventure better than the current staff.
Yoou keep thinking that. AT is way better than this rip-off and has at least a sense of passing.

You guys amaze me sometimes. Show has tow or three bad episode in Seasons 5 and you keep dragging your hate over an excellent season 6.
>>
>>81185698
He has been gymped several times, times that did not involve vampires. Almost every time he is it is in some weak attempt to facilitate a romantic story line or some weak empowerment fantasy.

He's a jobber in his own show now.
>>
>>81185718
>. Almost every time he is it is in some weak attempt to facilitate a romantic story line
There was no romantic Story line.
He is the one who free Marcie from ice shackle
He is the one who call out Marcie for her Bullshit.

He isn't weaker than usual and goof out just as much as he usually goof.
>>
>>81185693
There's not a lot of good shit out there, you're bound to meet someone like me normally.

I used to watch anime but I got bored, maybe I just couldn't find anything that wasn't Pokemon or some other over-blown thing, not that I have quite much of a problem with that, but after awhile it makes you think it's stale. Sometime I'll probably look into anime again.

You can't tell me there's a good variety of shows to pick from right now that's still on the air/hiatus

Gravity Falls is done, Regular Show is my 2nd or 3rd, Gumball is fine, that's about it for me, but I don't have all my life to just watch cartoons and decide which one's my favorite, I've just seen more of AT over the years than I have spending time watching the others. I've reran AT more so even.

I don't really know any live action shows either. I'm not into things like Flash/Big Bang Theory or any of the sort (yea those are different, I was displaying 2 categories)

Nothing bad about it.
>>
>>81185718
>He's a jobber in his own show now
Except he just recently saved the multiverse from the Lych.
>>
Since the show's heading towards a finale, how does everyone think it will end, thematically? I think they're going for a showdown with Golb destroying the multiverse and all of the characters struggling with the idea of surpassing universal destruction from an unknowable entity. If the future's any indication things may not end well.
>>
File: 1416181064881.jpg (38 KB, 250x467) Image search: [Google]
1416181064881.jpg
38 KB, 250x467
>>81185743
No. AT is pretty low standard even if you're just including /co/ media. Add in /a/, /tv/ and you're kidding yourself. There are many better cartoons than AT. There are ASS loads of better t.v and anime, veritable libraries worth.
Original AT was good, very good even. Current AT is not.

If you think it's even on your radar for quality in t.v, film, anime, (comics, books) and cartoons you quite literally have shit taste and or have very little exposure to media in general.
>>
>>81185788
>No. AT is pretty low standard
AT is fucking great quality show. It had onlty a few bad epps in season 5 which overal was still nice.
>There are many better cartoons than AT.
If you don't count Adult Cartoon, I only see Steven and the Crystal Gem and the amazing world of Gumball
If you count adult cartoon, thee is Rick and Morty, surely, Archer... and I get nothing else.

AT is definitely at the top.
>>
>>81185488
I can't imagine it ending any way other than in a Gravity Falls-esque manner. It's nearing, and it makes me sad too.

On an unrelated note, has Regular Show gotten any better? Last I watched, Mordo broke the record for cringe with breaking up with CJ.
>>
File: 1422520524146.png (361 KB, 1280x1700) Image search: [Google]
1422520524146.png
361 KB, 1280x1700
>>81185839
>he thinks cartoons are limited to AT, Gumbo, Archer and R+M.
Sometimes I hate that /co/ is easy on new fags.
Unless you mean ongoing, in which case you've still left out notable and mandatory inclusions, you're still wrong.

Watch airing quality and failing that watch older quality.

If you think S5 is the only bad season of AT you're delusional by the way. AT started dropping around late S3 roughly and, while it's had a few ups since, has never really stopped plummeting. Stakes was an attempt at quality but like the conclusion to almost all of the season finale cliff hangers the promise of stakes was better than watching it.

Get help
>>
MUH LESBIANS
>>
>>81185896
>>he thinks cartoons are limited to AT, Gumbo, Archer and R+M.
I never said that. I only listed the cartoons that were actually better than AT.
>Unless you mean ongoing
Yes.
>in which case you've still left out notable and mandatory inclusions
Such as? (and AT is better than Bob Burger)

>If you think S5 is the only bad season of AT you're delusional by the way
I actually think S5 is overal good, but has the only few bad AT episode.
>AT started dropping around late S3 roughly and, while it's had a few ups since, has never really stopped plummeting
False. S4 is the best season of AT.
S4>S7 so far>S2>S3>S1>S6>S5
> Stakes was an attempt at quality but like the conclusion to almost all of the season finale cliff hangers the promise of stakes was better than watching it.
Stake actually meet its expectation, it didn't exceed it, but it clearly meet it.
>>
>>81185900
It's never going tobe confirmed. Or denied.

That being said both Marceline and PB have canonically dated guys in the cartoon already.
>>
File: 1412433205387.jpg (130 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1412433205387.jpg
130 KB, 1280x720
>>81185965
>only cares about on going
>thinks Bobs Burgers was all that I was mentioning just because I posted an image with it and pretends his blissful ignorance of everything else airing makes him any less of a shitter
>Thinks S5 is good
>thinks S4 was 'the best'
>stakes met expectations
See it's just it. You have low expectations and no experience with actually good shows or even a wide variety of shows it seems. You're the cartoon equivalent of "I'm an expert at anime, I mean I've seen like, over 10 animes already"
You are ignorant and casual rolled into one.
On this day I dub thee Shittaste.
Please assume a dub immediately so I will know when it's you shit posting in future.
Now go and let others feel glad they aren't you.
>>
>>81186025
a trip*
>>
>>81186025
>>only cares about on going
I never said that.
>>thinks Bobs Burgers was all that I was mentioning just because I posted an image
Because you didn't mention any.
>>Thinks S5 is good
-Finn the Human
-Jake the Dog
-Five More Short Graybles
-Up a Tree
-All the Little People
-Davey
-Mystery Dungeon
-All Your Fault
-Little Dude
-Vault of Bones
-Simon & Marcy
-Puhoy
-BMO Lost
-Shh!
-Another Five More Short Graybles
-Wizards Only, Fools
-Jake Suit
-Be More
-Sky Witch
-Time Sandwich
-The Vault
-Dungeon Train
-Red Starved
-We Fixed a Truck
-The Pit
-Root Beer Guy
-Apple Wedding
-Blade of Grass
-Rattleballs
-Betty
-Billy's Bucket List
>>thinks S4 was 'the best'
It fucking was.
>See it's just it. You have low expectations and no experience with actually good shows or even a wide variety of shows it seems.
I have lots of experience with tons of show, man.

I keep noticing that you still haven't provided any ongoing cartoon better than aT.
>>
>>81186025
>You're the cartoon equivalent of "I'm an expert at anime, I mean I've seen like, over 10 animes already"
Also, I notice you think insulting people is the equivalent of making a point.
>>
>>81186101
Three of the top of my head:
Wakfu
Venture Brothers
Rebels
Gumball
Bob's Burgers
Maybe:
Rick and Morty
Archer

The last two have had massive quality dips and might be fucked beyond repair.

>>81186115
My point is he thinks some of the worst seasons are good, only compares to ongoing things like things that aren't ongoing don't exist and quite frankly (after suggesting AT is good with respect to anime AND t.v as well) either hasn't seen much media from any of these industries or is literally just shitposting.
>>
>>81186138
Three + ones you'd mentioned, rather
>>
>>81186138
Only Venture Brothers, Rick and Morty, Archer and Gumball are better than AT.

AT is better than Bob'sBurger, and Rebel and on the same level than Wakfu.

Out of Venture Brothers, Rick and Morty, Archer and Gumball, 3 of them are adult cartoons, Which AT isn't.

>only compares to ongoing things like things that aren't ongoing don't exist
It was never what was said. The point is, if you are going with "this show doesn't compare with all the wonderfully works we have got in the last century", none of the cartoon you mentioned hold.
>either hasn't seen much media from any of these industries or is literally just shitposting.
Just disagreeing with you, it happens.

Incidentally, If all the cartoon you mentioned are the only ones being better than AT, that still put it in the TOP 10.
>>
What bothers me about AT critics is the claim that it should return to S1, without realizing that they're essentially requesting a creative dead end and stagnation.

>>81186138
Not that guy
A comment on 3 of those:
Wakfu sucks. Seriously, the only thing it has going for it is the female designs.
Venture Bros has the benefit of YEARS between seasons, same with R&M

>My point is he thinks some of the worst seasons are good
So basically your argument boil down to >MUH opinions
>>
>>81186138
>Rick and Morty
>Archer
>might be fucked beyond repair.
Both are fucking great.
>>
>>81186138
>S5 was one of the worst seasons
>Guy lists a ton of legitimately great episodes
>"Nuh uh, my opinion is the only opinion."
Dude. Get fucked.
>>
>>81186212
Archer Vice sucked. That is pretty much a consensus. Archer as a series is good, sure.
Rick and Morty had a lot of poor episodes. It's writers are suffering creative exhaustion. Just look at the S1 cable ep compared to the S2 cable episode.

>>81186209
>implying maintaining a tone is stagnation
Yeah okay, let's just warp everything so far past what it used to be and was centred around no one can recognise it.
If you're into that I highly recommend Arrow. Watch from the start so season 3 has maximum impact.

>>81186200
AT is stale and consists mostly of pandering. The only talent it has is transient in the form of guest animators. The story has shifted so uncontroloably all it has left is PB and Marcy stories and before the war wankery. The fresh creativity that utilized the near endless possibilities that a wacky fantasty world offers has been forsaken for cheap overt post apoc shit and dementia analogies.
Fucking awful t//bh
>>
Are we getting another episode this week or is the show going in another hiatus?
>>
>>81185698
>Vampire are just really powerful.
Yes, specifically more powerful than him so he couldn't touch them, so that he could be gymped.
>the show isn't at fault for X because it set up an artificial limitation to force X
Nice logic
>>
>>81186272
>>81185698
>>81185718
>>81185661
>gymped
>gymping
>y
>>
>>81186256
>Archer Vice sucked. T
Debatable. Still had lots of highlight.
Doesn't matter because Season 6 was great.
>Rick and Morty had a lot of poor episodes. It's writers are suffering creative exhaustion. Just look at the S1 cable ep compared to the S2 cable episode.
Season 2 was better than season 1.
>Yeah okay, let's just warp everything so far past what it used to be and was centred around no one can recognise it.
I still can recognise this show.
>AT is stale and consists mostly of pandering.
This "it might have been done to please an audience I am not part of, so I will hate it on principle" bullshit attitude need to stop. Ingor the pandering and consider it good or bad for what it is, regardless of what intend you speculate behind it.
> The fresh creativity that utilized the near endless possibilities that a wacky fantasty world offers has been forsaken for cheap overt post apoc shit and dementia analogies.
Season 7 (and even season 6 and 5) Have made plenty of incredible use of this fantasy setting. The Hall of Egress itself is just a good example of that.

I have more and more the feeling that you don't like this show, not for what it is, but for what subtext you imagine reading behind it.
>>
>>81186209
>What bothers me about AT critics is the claim that it should return to S1
I'd love it if they could, but yeah realistically they should stick to doing a plot to stretch things out. But actually correctly, which they can't do either. Tough choice between shitty simple comedy and shitty botched lore and arcs, but I'm gonna say the latter is worse because it breeds hope.
>>
>>81186256
>Yeah okay, let's just warp everything so far past what it used to be and was centred around no one can recognise it.
hyper exaggeration.
I've watched S1 recently, and while it was fun, I found the character's characterization to be incredibly lacking. What you're asking for is more stories with cardboard cutouts.
You also ignore the fact that Finn & Jake still go on adventures, contrary to popular critic opinion.
>>
>>81186272
Dude. The who has established since Marceline's first appearance that Vampire are fucking OP.

are you complaining that the show remain consistent? There is nothing artificial about it.
>>
>>81186311
>S2 of R+M better
Fucking hell
>recognisable as literal
If you watched Arrow you'd know the suffering that was the shift to Felicity and friends (and if you had sanity left you would have dropped it too)
>it's not pandering if I like it
>PB and Marcy isn't very clearly pandering
Ayyyyyy
>new seasons use fantasy
Cunt we've JUST come out of a post apoc tone episode with 'simon' and all that nonsense. Do you even think about what you're saying or are you merely dedicated to winning the argument, because you're not making ground on either.
>>
File: 1457828672614.gif (240 KB, 380x380) Image search: [Google]
1457828672614.gif
240 KB, 380x380
How old will Finn be when Adventure Time ends?
>>
>>81186325
You have a point. But to take it further, if you're going to do this whole thing about vampires who are OP, why make the MC tag along the whole time just to get served over and over? Establish they're too powerful and then get him out of the picture for awhile if he's gonna be useless. They didn't because they were using him as comedic relief and didn't see it as demoralizing to make him incompetent.
>>
>>81186256
>>81186323
also
>If you're into that I highly recommend Arrow. Watch from the start so season 3 has maximum impact.
>Implying I would want to watch tv capeshit
>Implying I would want to watch tv capeshit that's been edited for the masses
Honestly it sounds like a case of "you have awful taste, and should stop pretending your opinion matters."
>>
>remember a time when /co/ was hyped for multiverse time

Man this show has so much potential and it's frustrating how they never use it
>>
>>81186358
Finn is Marcie's friend. He's also really headstrong and runs into the face of danger often.
You're an ass if you think Finn should've just fucked off during Marcie's dilemma.
>>
>>81186354
Hahahahahahahaha How the fuck is ageing on Adventure Time real
Hahahaha Nigga Just change their designs like nigga change something that isn't a sword.

>>81186367
It's called giving things a shot faggot. It really isn't that horrible for what it is in the first few seasons. I watch a lot of different things. Just by being eclectic I'd have a bigger foundation to make judgements from and thus a more informed opinion than you. Further just because I have watched something that isn't good doesn't mean I thought it was good. It literally means I watched it. To project opinions into my statements where there are none just to make yourself feel better.
>>
>Ah! I'm a bush!

I laughed so much at this.
>>
>>81186341
>If you watched Arrow
I didn't. Couldn't stand the first season too corny for my taste.
Tried again with Flash, because I had heard a lot of good from it, but again, it was too crony for my taste.
>>it's not pandering if I like it
Not what I said, What I said is that pandering in itself doesn't matter if it fit well within the story.
>PB and Marcy isn't very clearly pandering
It isn't. the right word is cock-teasing see >>81185975
>Cunt we've JUST come out of a post apoc tone episode with 'simon' and all that nonsense.
And?
>Do you even think about what you're saying or are you merely dedicated to winning the argument, because you're not making ground on either.
I truly fail to see how it detriment my point. Having a post apoc tone episode clearly fit in the spirit of the show and Broken crown fall right into the field of "near endless possibilities that a wacky fantasty world".

Post-apoc tone of AT has always been there, it's right in the fucking credit. It has always been an aspect of the show and it's as legit to use as to use the wacky fantasy aspect of it. You are basically saying "this show should focus on what I want, no on what I don't want even though it's just as much part of the show".
>>
>>81186341
>It's pandering if I don't like it
Yeah you're just an idiot.

Also the last episode had nothing to do with post apoc. All that happened is they went into a friend's "world" to try and fix him.
You're literally making shit up to justify your bullshit viewpoint.
>>
>>81186358
>why make the MC tag along the whole time just to get served over and over?
Because that's what would Finn do. It would be out of character to not want to help Marcie. Not to mention, he is the fucking voice of reason during Stake (he also free Marice from her Ice shackle).
>>
>>81186430
>he is the fucking voice of reason during Stake
Not him but I liked that. Just wished that side of him didn't come from a dedication to a book, and rather wanted it came from himself.
>>
>>81186410
They certainly are very corny. It took a lot for my corn tolerance to build up. Flash is worse. S2 of Arrow is pretty balanced for action v corn iirc.

And no almost anything that involves IK under the name Simon is some post apoc wank. The dementia analogies and long winded attempts to humanise him past being a lonely magic looser all count toward it. The crown is now tech. His old lover was there and he is an ancient human scientist. The tone has totally changed. The closest AT got to discussing the past was the business men and that was some tounge 'n' cheek shit. Now it's all in your face and acting as subtext even in episodes that SHOULD by rights be fantasy adventures.
>>
>>81186430
>Because that's what would Finn do.
I know he would, but my point is the writers set this up for him. It's not out of character, but it shows they don't care like they used to about not making him look too weak. Because he's the MC and the greatest hero in the world, and stuff.
>>
>>81186430
>Because that's what would Finn do
Using internal logic to justify narrative choice and structuring is ridiculous. It could have been written that Finn was off else where, never found out or was given a method to assist without being a complete waste of space. You're literally justifying a design choice by the internal logic offered by that design choice.
tl;dr you're a gull and an idiot.
>>
>>81186465
yeah this is what I was trying to express. internal logic. you can't use the bible to defend the bible, circular logic and whatnot.
>>
File: 1457452847-20160308.png (331 KB, 684x1259) Image search: [Google]
1457452847-20160308.png
331 KB, 684x1259
>>81186450
>It took a lot for my corn tolerance to build up.
This comic is made just for you.

>And no almost anything that involves IK under the name Simon is some post apoc wank.
Ok, everyone just stop responding to this fool.
He's just a biased faggot who's only purpose is to stretch as hard as possible to find something to get mad about.
>>
>>81186458
>>81186465
So you complain about AT having PB X Marcie centric episodes, but would rather have had the mini-series been only about PB and Marcie.
You're not only an idiot, but a jackass.
>>
>>81186500
>Snarky faggot web comic
Why are you even watching cartoons if you're such a logical and intellectual being then? Trick question, you're just putting on aires in an adventure time thread of all things. Fucking ridiculous.
First you and yours pretend the show justifies design choices now you're saying AT is some brilliant, flawless product.
>>
>>81186486
>>81186465
>Using internal logic to justify narrative choice and structuring is ridiculous.
Uuh, I am not sure what you are trying to say, there. Writing someone in character is bad?
>. It could have been written that Finn was off else where, never found out or was given a method to assist without being a complete waste of space.
Except he actually helped by being there and he definitely wasn't a waste. He served a purpose different than the one he usually serve, but it was still one that suit him.
>>
>>81186534
Oh quit whining. You're just mad that it's spot on.

No one is saying AT is flawless. If you noticed we had admitted there were shows better than it airing.
We're just saying that all the criticisms you've dished out for it thus far are bullshit.
>>
>>81186528
a) it's better than limiting Finn's relevance directly
b) no, as I said in that post the writers could just as easily write a way for Finn to actually contribute on the scale of PB or Marcy. They decided not to. You're still justifying via internal logic to an extent by not seeing he could be written as effective.
Braindead responses like this just hammer in what kind of people still like AT. You cannot make this shit up.
>>
>>81186528
I would have rather that mini-series not exist at all, by god last thing we need is more Marceline backstory and 'character development'. But sure, a PB/Marcy spinoff with only a cameo from Finn and Jake would probably have been better than what they actually did. Contain the cancer.
>>
>>81186542
>Uuh, I am not sure what you are trying to say, there. Writing someone in character is bad?
I hope you're baiting because otherwise you're actually failing to grasp basic logic and divorce fictitious rules from reality.
Even if you agree with this anons stand point, please stop encouraging him. He just makes you all look stupid.
>>
>>81186450
>And no almost anything that involves IK under the name Simon is some post apoc wank.
Broken Crown wasn't. Also, nothing wrong with refferiing to pos-apoce stuff, it(s one ogf the ground base of AT.
> The crown is now tech.
We have seen the origin of the Crown. You know what the Crown is. and it being tech doens't mean its not Magic.
> The tone has totally changed.
I has evolved but it's still true to its origin. Also, you want AT to be true to its origin, except when it comes to the post-apoc stuff because that you want the show ignoring that it's part of its foundation?
>>
>>81186465
>without being a complete waste of space
Finn and Jake helped out on multiple occasions throughout the series you nitwit. You're just mad that he wasn't the most important part of the crew.
Which is dumb because it was a mini-series revolving around Marceline's character.
>>
>>81186563
I fail to grasp why following logic to dictate the actions of a character is perceived by >>81186465
to be a bad thing.
>>
>>81186549
You make vague claims about the story without explaining the specifics of how it could pan out properly in the fashion you desire.
again, so far your arguments have boiled down to
>Not MUH Adventure Time.
>>
>>81186560
Please refer to the last statement of the linked post.
>>81186596
>>
>>81186584
Because they chose to write the story in such a way that his in-character actions made him look obnoxiously weak. Funneling him towards something that would shape his image in the desired way.
>>
>>81186618
>look obnoxiously weak
refer to
>>81186583
F & J were essential to the plot and to the team.
>>
>>81186618
He wasn't show obnoxious weak, though. Neither was it the intend. He has been shown before goofing from time to time, and it's not different here. None of that is wrong, especially has he end up being the upper man at the end of all.
>>
>>81186564
>Broken Crown wasn't
Yes it was. The crown is retro actively tech and IK is retro actively Simon a pre war researcher. The entire context for the episode and much of the content was pre war. Like it or lump it the addition of these back stories and re-imaginings does change the tone.
The show was never originally overtly post apoc. It was always a fun implication. Never inferred. Get a clue

>>81186583
Yet they were also actively shown to be incompetent and or ineffective in other scenes. These are decisions from writers or story boarders. If you're going to talk shop about a shows construction you have to see things narratively not just from within the show

>>81186584
And that is the scariest thing of all

>>81186596
I want a return to the light hearted and highly varied adventure and drama. New characters introduced as required and forgotten just as quickly, where creativity and story dictated the direction of the show rather than poorly constructed continuity and drama
>>
>>81186655
>I want a return to the light hearted and highly varied adventure and drama. Especially with every other episode of S7.
It's still there. Literally, again, a case of "not MUH AT"

>Yet they were also actively shown to be incompetent and or ineffective in other scenes
Yes. Because they literally have no experience in dealing with Vamps. Everything they did then was consistent with everything they've done throughout the series.

>The crown is retro actively tech and IK is retro actively Simon a pre war researcher. The entire context for the episode and much of the content was pre war. Like it or lump it the addition of these back stories and re-imaginings does change the tone.
The show was never originally overtly post apoc. It was always a fun implication. Never inferred. Get a clue
Reaching hard like a motherfucker.
Also the crown is literally shown to be a combination of magic and technology. It's like you didn't watch Evergreen at all.
>>
>>81186655
whoops
>I want a return to the light hearted and highly varied adventure and drama.
It's still there Especially with every other episode of S7. Literally, again, a case of "not MUH AT"
>>
>>81186655
>New characters introduced as required and forgotten just as quickly
yeah. I'd love back that freedom to not worry about when a character's gonna have their mandatory reappearance. It's exhausting, drains creativity and doesn't make anyone look any smarter.
>>
>>81186694
>Yes. Because they literally have no experience in dealing with Vamps. Everything they did then was consistent with everything they've done throughout the series.
Nobody was saying it wasn't in character or didn't make sense, you're missing the point.
>>
>>81186694
>It's still there
Really now? The stories are the main focus of the team. Small episodes are more important than the contexts that enclose them or at the very least don't impede them? When you have anons here swearing black and blue that Finn had to be in stakes because that's what Finn would do. Anon C'mon.

You're using internal logic again to discuss design choice. Finn has fought with plenty of unknown things and done aright. You're parroting writer justification at me. It's internally consistent but it doesn't somehow mean it couldn't have been written any other way.
I watched plenty of things but the crown was not introduced that way. It was been caught up in the tone change. It's like you don't understand the issue.
>>
>>81186710
>clear preference for creative priority over ridiculous attachment to flimsily made drama and back story that was initially written off the cuff to give context to early episodes and was then warped by later writers.
>not muh AT
My you are eloquent and here I thought you wanted reasoning. I guess any criticism is not muh AT when you think about it eh?
>>
>>81186737
You're point isn't a point at all.
You're just whining the Stakes didn't cater to your Finn boner, and stating that you don't care for Marceline so no one else should.

>>81186741
Oh yeah, because S7 was only Stakes and Broke his Crown.
>>
>>81186722
Occasional nods to prior events were fun but ATs belaboured attempt at expanding it's universe does nothing but limit the potential for further stories.

Complete and episodic freedom with the option for soft continuity if the boarder wanted it was a much better model.
>>
File: 0.jpg (33 KB, 570x238) Image search: [Google]
0.jpg
33 KB, 570x238
>>81186655
>Yes it was.
No, it wasn't.
> The crown is retro actively tech and IK is retro actively Simon a pre war researcher.
The IK being Simon was pretty much planned from the start. The crown is actually explained to be one of the oldest magical relic, but you seems to sperge out that some scientist dare to medle <with magic. Fuck, the only way Betty founf to actually meddle with the crown was to gain magic power. you are seeing issues were there is none.

>The entire context for the episode and much of the content was pre war.
The entire context of this episode it Betty trying to help the IK, because of the Crown that made him crazy, and none of that is related to the war. and once again, you have zero valid point to complain about AT being a Post-apoc world.
>Like it or lump it the addition of these back stories and re-imaginings does change the tone.
It doesn't, it actually fit in the tone of AT perfectly.
>The show was never originally overtly post apoc.
Now, you are just in fucking denial. And once again, being a Post-apoce world does in now way remove the show of its fantasy setting.

>Yet they were also actively shown to be incompetent and or ineffective in other scenes.
Just like Finna has shown before to mess up from time to time, yet at the end sstill save the day.

>And that is the scariest thing of all
You want people to write their character out of character and you consider this a good thing?
>I want a return to the light hearted and highly varied adventure and drama.
Which is exactly what AT has been doing all along. It never stopped doing that.
>where creativity and story dictated the direction of the show rather than poorly constructed continuity and drama
The show is being creative AND constructing an interesting lore and continuity at the same time.

It sound more and more that the reason you don't like AT is not so much because it's bad, but because it does thing that you personaly don't want it to do.
>>
>>81186761
It doesn't take a thesaurus to explain that your arguments have only been statements of preference over fact.
>>
>>81186777
>Bruh it was only 7 episodes, that's like not even a significant portion of a season
Ayyyyyyy
>>
>>81186655
>The show was never originally overtly post apoc. It was always a fun implication. Never inferred. Get a clue
It explored an aspect it hinted at.
1. There is nothing wrong with that.
2. It didn't remove the fantasy aspect of the show.
>>
>>81186786
You do realizing you're arguing against what makes SU so great right? Which is world building.
You'd rather AT not develop anything whatsoever and just have something new every ep.
Something that Gumball, Venture Bros, and all the other shows that you claim are better than AT, do the exact opposite of.
>>
>>81186790
>Now, you are just in fucking denial
>posts subvert implication of prior events
>what is overt
toppest of keks
>>81186811
There is nothing wrong with that, it worked. However making it overt and further an emphasised element certainly changed both the tone and dynamics of the show.
>>
>>81186799
Changing goalposts.
>>
>>81186737
>Nobody was saying it wasn't in character or didn't make sense, you're missing the point.
Your entire point is "I don"t want Finn to be featured as a goofball", even though
1. Finn as been a goofball before and it's part of his character
2. Finn played several keyrole in Stakes
3. He turned out telling a 1000 years old Marcie she was losing it.

But no, because it fit Finn to behave such, it's "internal logic" and therefore wrong. You make no sense.
>>
>>81186790
>and none of that is related to the war
The concepts of Betty and Simon are irreprablly related to the idea of a war and or pre war. Are you for real? Their characters rely heavily on both that and the concept of induced madness. As such their dynamics would be enitrely different without them. But of course nothing is related to pre war right?

>you want people to write out of character
I'd like people to understand how writing works before I asked them to even think about what is and isn't out of character.
>>
>>81186835
>bitch about tone change
>quantify clearly how not only the tone has changed but the presence of new content and tonalities
>muh logical fallacy buzzwords, t-this argument is over
Nice try
>>
>>81186822
>There is nothing wrong with that, it worked. However making it overt and further an emphasised element certainly changed both the tone and dynamics of the show.
It didn't change the Tone as it was always part of the tone. the only thing that happened is that more secret the show was holding have been revealed. the post-apoc aspect being more unveiled doesn't detriment the fantasy setting of the show.
Hall of Egress is a shinning example of that.
>>
>>81186822
>There is nothing wrong with that, it worked
From the sound of everything that you've previously stated, you'd rather it not be explored at all.
>However making it overt and further an emphasized element certainly changed both the tone and dynamics of the show.
Not a bad thing. I'm sorry that the characters have depth now I guess though.
Like I said, S1 was just populated by cardboard cutouts.
>>
File: 432.png (571 KB, 1247x718) Image search: [Google]
432.png
571 KB, 1247x718
>>81186777
I don't mind episodes about other characters, per se. Just don't drag main characters through the mud to make side characters look better, that's nerfing.

Don't forget, Finn can do ANYTHING if the writers want him to. Anything. He's the hero. He's the MC. The universe can bend for him to help him win, if necessary. So if he fails or is ineffective, that's a choice. I can understand to an extent that if he's getting his shit kicked in by some villain, that underscores how the monster is super powerful. But that's pretty limited, you risk making him seem annoying in comparison to whatever star character you're comparing him to, the one who's actually effective. Just remove him from the situation if you're gonna do that.
>>
>>81186851
>The concepts of Betty and Simon are irreprablly related to the idea of a war and or pre war.
Actually Wrong.
1. Betty never lived through the war, she litterally skipped it
2. simons getting the Crown is unrelated to the war. he donned it before the war started.

The whole thing is Remove the Mushroom War and replace it it with the world slowly evolving toward the kingdom of Ooo and Broken Crown remain completely unchanged.
>>
>>81186866
Again, moving goalposts.
I stated that there was still plenty of adventure and light-hearted drama in S7.
Then you made an irrelevant statement about Stakes existing, disregarding that the non-plot episodes outnumbering it by almost double.
>>
>>81186880
>He's the MC. The universe can bend for him to help him win
In fact that's literally a plot point now. I wouldn't expect AT defenders to acknowledge the process of writing, or facts within the show they don't like but it doesn't make either of them any less true.
>>
>>81186851
>Their characters rely heavily on both that and the concept of induced madness. As such their dynamics would be enitrely different without them. But of course nothing is related to pre war right?
Nothing is related to the Mushroom war, in this episode. And everything is related to the Crown.

Not to mention, even if this episode was related to the Mushroom war, you still would fail to make any points.
>>
>>81186899
>1. Betty never lived through the war, she litterally skipped it
>2. simons getting the Crown is unrelated to the war. he donned it before the war started.
Notice how both of those sentences required the war as a frame of reference. Notice how you're an idiot? No? No self-awareness?

>>81186904
Whether there is plenty of anything does not denote a change. If there was 100% adventure and there is now 85% adventure it would still me a tonal change.
>>
>>81186880
>Just don't drag main characters through the mud to make side characters look better, that's nerfing.
Except that didn't happens.

Finn got out better out of the Stakes mini-series.

your complain has no base.
>>
>>81186880
You fail to remember how many times Finn has had his ass kicked or outright failed throughout AT. An event that even occurred in S1, when Finn was especially immature.
>>
>>81186934
>Notice how both of those sentences required the war as a frame of reference. Notice how you're an idiot? No? No self-awareness?
I think you are an idiot, with comprehension issues, as I just demonstated you that the absence of the war CHANGE NOTHING TO the episode.

I just showed you you don't need war as a frame of reference.
>>
>>81186923
>Nothing is related to the Mushroom war, in this episode. And everything is related to the Crown.
Except betty and Simon are modern characters who grew up in a modern society had t.v and beer, watched planes fly and lived in cities. Their sensibilities are pre war, their origin is pre war, everything about their character relies on an inherent understanding that these two people are not from Ooo or that era. They are based entirely around the concept of the war.
People literally can not be this stupid.
>>
>>81186952
>I just showed you you don't need war as a frame of reference.>>
Except understanding of the characters and their sympathies, relationships and origins relies heavily on the idea. But no, of course you're simple thrust of half baked argument is the right choice here.
>>
>>81186934
You do realize that AT has never been straight up adventure. Even S1 had character exploration.
But oh wow, you're too busy being mad to even remember that.
>>
>>81186958
>Except betty and Simon are modern characters who grew up in a modern society had t.v and beer, watched planes fly and lived in cities. Their sensibilities are pre war, their origin is pre war, everything about their character relies on an inherent understanding that these two people are not from Ooo or that era
And? Now you are switching your complain to the kingdom of OOO having once been the normal Earth?
>They are based entirely around the concept of the war.
Wrong, they are based entirely on the concept that it was once normal Earth. Whether or not there was a war change absolutely nothing to Broken Crown.

What you are actually complaining is that Ice King And Magic Woman come from normal Earth and it has nothing to do with the war.
>>
>>81185839
WTF is Steven and the Crystal Gem? Is that what they call Steven Universe in your shithole country?
>>
>>81186974
No actually I have bemoaned the lack of free form character exploration in this very thread. When I did however people sperged that because I put continuity second to creative freedom I was the bad guy.
>>
>>81186970
>Except understanding of the characters and their sympathies, relationships and origins relies heavily on the idea
Wrong, for the whole Simon/Betty dynamic, you don't need the context of the war, at all.

You need it for Simon/Marceline.
>>
>>81186990
>Wrong, they are based entirely on the concept that it was once normal Earth
Which in short hand, by the shows logic, is a result of the war. Congratulations you've sceded my point while trying to get a little victory by getting some snark in. Nice.
>>
>>81186937
You're right, I'm just saying Stakes went overboard with it because they didn't want to take the spotlight away from Marcy. Which shows a more blase attitude about Finn being incompetent. Up until the last couple seasons Finn was never not the most imporant character, so if he was fucking up it had more significance than "oh, well it's better if he doesn't do much this time".
>>
>>81186101
Simon & Marcy and Puhoy are some of the best episodes of the show.
Dungeon Train was straight out of Season 1.

Not that anon, but if you were trying to say 5 was bad, you should have left those off.
>>
>>81186997
>Wrong, for the whole Simon/Betty dynamic, you don't need the context of the war, at all.
You don't need to frame a man who has no place or understanding of modern times due to both madness and having lived in a different era nor to explain his time travelling partner who learned science in pre war ways and now magic in modern times in an attempt to save him

Fucking ebin
>>
>>81187002
>Which in short hand, by the shows logic, is a result of the war.
Except you could replace the war by any other kind of event. any reason to transition from normal earth to Ooo and Broken Crown would remain unchanged.

The fact that the War could be replaced by anything else and Broken Crown would remain unchanged IS the proof that Broken Crown is not an episode about the post-apoc war.
>>
>>81185247
>the who
Yeah don't fuck with Daltrey-Townshend-Entwisle-Moon. If they say it, it's gold.
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=video&cd=2&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwiukZSBqePLAhUHWSYKHRSeB1YQtwIIHzAB&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DGS1JZOAI-vo&usg=AFQjCNFPK8sSA12faH0TY6pGyZEV9OHB5g&bvm=bv.117868183,d.eWE
>>
>>81187010
>Not that anon, but if you were trying to say 5 was bad
i was actually tryijng to say Season 5 was a a good season, it just had a few bad eps.
>>
>>81186958
You just admitted to them not having anything to do with the post-apoc theme.
The only thing you've stated is that they're fish out of water as they are pre-war.
Not to mention Betty adapted incredibly quickly to the future world since she's arrived. Plus IK is still the IK.

>>81187002
You do realize that you're essentially stating that any given contemporary television sitcom is about Native americans, because the show takes place upon what used to be their land?

>>81186993
No. You literally complained about revisiting the past, which is the opposite of character development. You stated you'd rather every episode be new and unrelated to the previous. That there be full creative freedom.
Which is funny.
Because that sounds less like creative freedom, and more like pushing your ideas onto other people. Such as the actual creatives behind the show.
>>
>>81187009
>You're right, I'm just saying Stakes went overboard with it
They didn't.
>>
>>81187030
>Except you could replace the war by any other kind of event
Yes and lets replace Finn with Gumball and Marcy with Donald Trump. Reality is it was the war that changed it. Arguing it could have been anything is pointless. It's a piece of writting anything can be anything. The writers chose a war and it is still a frame of reference that is essential for those characters.
>>
>>81186937
They had an ENTIRE episode in S1 about how he would get his ass kicked by everything if he didn't have Jake's powers to back him up.
SEASON
FUCKING
ONE
>>
>>81187054
>Yes and lets replace Finn with Gumball and Marcy with Donald Trump.
You replace MArcie with Donald Trump, and Broken Crown isn't the same episode anymore.
See my point?
>>
>>81187009
>Stakes went overboard with it
No it didn't.
Finn's been through worse stupidity. Jake's been through worse stupidity.

Please rewatch the series.
Remember when Jake literally tried to kill himself because of his religious devotions? Yeah, that was real impressive of him.
>>
>>81187040
>Plus IK is still the IK.
Except I explicitly call the prewar context Simon. IK works fine tonally. The Simon baggage however, is just that.
>>
>>81187065
And internally if you changed war to went to a different planet it would change the context entirely again. Stop being a evasive fuck wit. You known damn well what I mean and you know damn well I'm right which is why all you can hand me is semantics.
>>
>>81187055
To add on to that, they confront a creature that not even Jake is effective against. (hint: It's Marceline)

>>81187068
>I hate a character now because every time I see him I remember he has abackstory
>>
>>81187055
That was the focus of the episode though, that the monsters were too tough and Jake had to help. It's not that Finn can never fail, but when he does there should be some narrative purpose to make it worth it. Based on the idea that we don't WANT to see him failing. That it's not, you know, funny or something.
>>
>>81187068
Simon fit just as well in the tone of At as IK.

And once again, you keep completly ignoring the point that the Post-apoc war HAS always been part of the tone of Adventure Time.

Fuck, One of the first episode is about unfreezing a bunch of zombie Business man.

You try to parade episode tying up to the war as a proof of decay, when it is something that has always been part of the identity of the show.
>>
>>81187067
>Internal logic and consistency
>Devoid of internal context, viewer context and external narrative intent
>reasonable point
You might actually be autistic
>>
>>81187087
>And internally if you changed war to went to a different planet it would change the context entirely again.
Yet, it would not affect the story told in Broken Crown, thus showing that Betty-Simon episode are not episode about the Mushroom war.
>>
>>81187087
Not him. But I've been following your conversation for a while, and you've driven so far off course that you've fallen into the Mariana trench. Do you even remember what your initial argument was?
Because I can tell you that you've done nothing for it.
>>
>>81187100
>Fuck, One of the first episode is about unfreezing a bunch of zombie Business man.
Already referenced that. It was a tounge and cheek afair poking fun at the idea but never confirming anything and using them as a device to create a nice episodic story. What is your poitn boyo.
>>
>>81187092
Yeah but he isn't "gymped [sic]." He's a teenage human who is fit, trained, and experienced in battle, nothing more.
>>
>>81187087
>You known damn well what I mean
What you mean is "Broken Crown is about Simon and Betty, therefore it's about the Mushroom war, therefore, it betray the premise of the show". a reasonment that has several level of wrong that has been showed to you in this thread several times.
>>
>>81187106
>I can't come up with a rebuttal so I'm going to call him autistic
Keep tossing the ball dude, you'll hit target someday.
>>
>>81187126
Not him but you don't have a point.
I mean literally, what is your point.
>>
>>81187126
They actually used that episode to make the whole thing about post-apocalyptic Earth. P-Ward went on record about saying they didn't even intend that until they wrote it, but then it was just perfect.
>>
>>81187116
It would change the charcters which would mediate it's effect onto the episodes story as it revolves around them

>>81187122
My initial point was AT has lowered in quality.
Whatever chain of responses you've followed is irrelevant. I'm responding to a heap of different people at once on a bunch of smaller details. Unless I've said something false, which I haven't any and all points still go toward proving AT has lowered in quality which was my first post in the thread. Suck my goal post.
>>
>>81187126
So you admit it. You're anti-world building.

please refer to
>>81186820
>>
>>81187126
> It was a tounge and cheek afair poking fun at the idea
it's not poking fun at, The fucking credit establish it from the start, the creator confirmed it from the start. regularly, you'd see element of the old world in Finn's adventure. It's not poking fun at it, it's literally using it as part of the setting.
>. What is your poitn boyo
My point is that Mushroom war always part of the AT loreand that having episodes focusing on it does in no way betray the spirirt of S1&2 of AT.
>>
>>81187133
Broken Crown is about Simon and Betty, which are reliant on the idea of the mushroom war as well as the crown being technological which is also a result of pre war lore expansion. It typifies how the show has changed tones from the fantasy/adventure light hearted episodic tone of the original seasons.

>>81187156
Yet another example of how it was creative freedom facilitating good writing back then. Also proof that it wasn't an allusion to anything grander, just a fun thing a writer wanted to do.
>>
>>81187157
I can tell you that was never argued against.
Arguments were only made to tell you that your reasons as to why AT dropped the ball were based solely upon personal bias.

The fact that you keep pushing the post-apoc background as a negative aspect, just goes to show you dislike it simply because it doesn't please you.
Also like the other guy said, you're anti-world building. Which is contradictory to your opinion on shows better than AT, which all have world-building.
>>
>>81187148
New AT is shit. I have several smaller points of contention but my main point and all others have been stated so often that it isn't my responsibility to reiterate it for you if you aren't following.
>>
>>81187187
You do realize Creative Freedom is what brought the show down right?
I mean you're the only one I've ever seen argue otherwise.
>>
>>81187187
By "Whole Thing," I meant the series became about post-Apoc. It wasn't tongue in cheek. AT is a post-Apoc show.
>>
>>81187200
>you're anti-world building
Actually I am a massive lore fag. I just don't think world building was ever the point to AT nor was it executed well in later seasons. AT was better when it was an outlet for creative freedom, in an episodic format with light continuity.
>>
>>81187157
>It would change the charcters which would mediate it's effect onto the episodes story as it revolves around them
It wouldn't. If Betty and simon were normal humans just pulled to an other planet, with no Mushroom war Broken Crown would still be the same.

>My initial point was AT has lowered in quality
The problem is, to prove that, you tried to explain that focusing on the post-apoc setting of AT, it betrayed it's original nature, which you have been proven false several time.

You also tried to explain that because Broken Crown refer to the Mushroom war (which it doesn't) it make it a proof of the show decay (which is a logic that make no sense to start with).

And the whole chain started because, when someone used "Hall of Egress" as a proof that the show still explore its fantasy setting, you went all "But Broken Crown", as if it somehow negated Hall of Egress for some reason.
>>
>>81187208
beep boop, you're a dumbass and that was not what you were arguing. Please refer to
>>81187200

>>81187232
Please refer to
>>81187213
>>
>>81187230
see
>>81187156

>>81187213
Poor communication from writers and a lack of tonal consistency brought the show down. A developer culture that valued creative freedom might have factored into it but it wasn't the primary cause.
>>
>people actually watched AT past season 1

I can't believe people actually did this.
>>
>>81187251
>not what you were arguing
See:
>>81185661
>>81185693
>>
>>81187254
HA HA, Creative Freedom is what led to episodes like Breezy.
Poor communication my ass.
>>
>>81187187
>Broken Crown is about Simon and Betty, which are reliant on the idea of the mushroom wa
I just demonstrated to you several time that the whole Simon/Betty relationship is actually not tied with the events of the Mushroom war.
>as well as the crown being technological which is also a result of pre war lore expansion.
We are literally shown that the Crown is a creation of EverGreen, Master of the Ice Element, and that Betty had to become Magical to interfere with the crown.

>It typifies how the show has changed tones from the fantasy/adventure light hearted episodic tone of the original seasons.
Except it hasn't. Hall of Egress actually shows fantasy/adventure is in the core of the show and even Broken Crown is still fully loaded with Fantasy.
>>
>>81187272
First one is
>Stakes was bad because of personal opinions
Second one is literally the same

Both of those links just state that you'd prefer if the show pandered to you. Which from this thread, you're not even aware of what you want.
>>
>>81187254
>>>81187230
>see
>>>81187156
And what's your point?

>Poor communication from writers and a lack of tonal consistency brought the show down.
Except the show is still as good as ever.

Creative Freedom is still an integral part of the show. the fact that they want to make a consistent universe doesn't contradict it.
>>
>>81187246
>to explain that focusing on the post-apoc setting of AT, it betrayed it's original nature, which you have been proven false several time.
Because the focus on post apoc was the advent of letting continuity fuck the creative process which in turn restricted many writers oppurtunities and instead encouraged them to use old characters. The use of an extended recurring cast began to create superfluous dynamics other writers used to centre dramatic stories around.
As the drama continued to build the dynamics grew even more convoluted and as continuity was now emphasised in the show's development people were saddled with that crap as they wrote.
I never said pre war context or post apoc concepts were the only factor but they are certainly a factor and a measurable manifestation of a larger trend in production.
>>
>>81187287
>creativity can lead to poor products
>all creativity is bankrupt of value
>despite some of the best like Puhoy being a result of that same thing you're shitting on
Noice.
>>
>>81187331
>Because the focus on post apoc was the advent of letting continuity fuck the creative process
This is not how it work. Not to mention, never has the continuity hurt Adventure time. consistency in character writing is what can give a show a soul. And none of what you are describing resulted in killing creativity freedom. AT is interesting precisely because it always go in unexpected direction and because they actually use the lore in way you wouldn't expect.

What you are complaining about is that the show went into a direction you don't like. that doesn't make it a bad show.
>>
>>81187213
Depends on how you define it.

Creative freedom as in, every writer can do whatever the fuck he wants including writing an episode that's a metaphor for what he had for lunch last tuesday, that would be bad.

Creative freedom as in, the writers come together and set limits for themselves to ensure the show isn't weighed down by overcomplicated lore and continuity and stays "free", that would be good.
>>
>>81187287
I actually liked Breezy. was the episode that put an end to the drama bullshit of season 5.
>>
>>81187358
>because it always go in unexpected direction
>relationshit
Yes mate, so unexpected. I guess because it's new and progressive it's good. As long as the show keeps changing it will never be bad. Fuck mastering a cast of characters and tones and creating a well polished narrative. Fuck letting ideas run free in a setting where pretty much anything happening is the norm.
What a valuable opinion.
>>
I picked up Adventure Time after I stopped watching it (IIRC short after Fire Princess was introduced) and the show seems to have regained some of the fun it used to have, I hear that Finn was aged up to 16 now which has some interesting possibilities. Episodes like the Hall of Egress will keep me coming back for more
>>
>>81187380
>mastering a cast of characters and tones and creating a well polished narrative
To be fair to them, the first two seasons is close to this. Coherent characters and tone, it stand on its own well. After that it was about experimenting until the show fell apart.
>>
>>81187410
I agree. Creative freedom and wanton experimentation (especially without consistency across the writing staff) should not be conflated.
>>
>>81187359
>Creative Freedom is what I say it is
Ok whatever dude.

In any case I'm done. It's obvious that we're never going to reach a point where we can reach an agreement.
Fact is, I'm going to keep enjoying Adventure Time. And you I guess, are going to keep being mad about adventure time. Honestly now that I think about it, I don't even understand why you're here if you hate current AT so much. But who cares. We're done. Plus I have to leave for class.

p.s. At least I don't watch "Arrow"
some pleb punk trying to tell me about taste. pffft.
>>
>>81174759
>It seems like adventure time is coming to an end.

NOPE
The long story arks are coming to an end, which is what ruined AT in the first place. Going back to it's roots with Finn and Jake having silly adventures every day is the heart of AT. I'm glad they're tieing up all the loose ends of these plot lines so they can get back to what made this show fun.
>>
>>81187467
I wasn't the guy you were talking to. I'm just pointing out that the earlier seasons of the show could be considered both less creative, and more. Pen imposed strict limits originally to keep the tone consistent, and within that the staff was more secure and paradoxically, freer. Now they're trying to keep up with all these crazy plotlines while writing the deepest, most personal shit evar all the time, and the pressure suffocates their creativity.

You little bitch.
>>
>>81187467
Bruh you were like 99% likely to have been debating me this whole time. He isn't me. But he does, however much you don't like it, have a point.
Don't conflate experimentation and freedom. One may begat the other but they aren't the same thing, or even causal.
I've dropped Arrow anon, but here you are watching AT
Have a lovely day.
>>
>>81187380
>Yes mate, so unexpected.
Inever ever said that relationship was what I conisdered unexpected. Fuck, the less relationship there is, the better in AT.
> Fuck mastering a cast of characters and tones and creating a well polished narrative.
AT actually do that.
>Fuck letting ideas run free in a setting where pretty much anything happening is the norm
AT actually do that.

Al right List of episodes that are creatively interesting:
-Broken Crown (there I said it, visiting the inside of the crown was atually quite Nice.AI Betty changing into a fucked up AI Betty too).
-The Thin Yellow Line
-The Hall of Egress
-Crossover
-Bad Jubies
-Blank Eyed Girl
-Angel Face
-President Porpoise is Missing!
-The stakes mini series (for its exploration of all kind of Vampire. Creatively speaking, the Vampire King was very interesting).
-Football
-Mama Said
-Bonnie & Neddy
-You Forgot Your Floaties
-Hoots
-Graybles 1000+
-Walnuts & Rain
-The Mountain
-Gold Stars
-Astral Plane
-Evergreen
-The Pajama War
-Jake The Brick
-Is That You?
-Everything's Jake (guest starring Phillip J. Fry)
-Joshua and Margaret Investigations
-Nemesis
-Thanks for the Crabapples, Giuseppe
-Little Brother
-The Tower
-James II
-Wake Up and Escape from the Citadel

And that's just for Season 6 and 7.
>>
>>81187739
>Broken Crown
>interesting
No, fuck you. It was a cameo ep that didn't even properly deliver on the interesting and otherwise impossible character interactions. If that's your standard fuck your list.
>>
>>81187781
It was definitely not a cameo episode. And seeing the inner working of the crown WAS interesting.
>>
>>81187810
>And seeing the inner working of the crown WAS interesting
Literally what inner 'workings' all they did was make an abstraction with VR and talk to some prior crown users before attempting to catch a virus.
>>
File: 1455580461932.jpg (29 KB, 750x600) Image search: [Google]
1455580461932.jpg
29 KB, 750x600
>>81174759
This was a good lore episode for me, plus side is that now everyone seems to be aware of Betty.
Will they try to cure her along with Simon and remove her hat to?
>Plus there's still the possibility of Simon turning onto the head monster with the Betty virus in the crown.
>>
>>81187848
Knowing that the crown still wear the consciousness of its previous wearer, Gunter of them all, isinterresting. The way Betty's AI is devolving/changing also was interesting.
>>
File: Down in the Dirt.gif (2 MB, 491x626) Image search: [Google]
Down in the Dirt.gif
2 MB, 491x626
Holy shit dude. I left like an hour ago.
If you despise AT so much why are you even spending all this time in an AT thread?

I mean there's plenty of other shows that you could NOT be mad at.

>>81187739
nice list. I enjoyed Broke his Crown as well. Though I felt Marceline & Simon should have been far more joyous in their reunion, and also that the "virus" was cured much too quickly. I suppose I just wish this episode had more time to it.
>>
>>81187938
>and also that the "virus" was cured much too quickly.
But it actually wasn't.
>>
>>81187938
Because as expressed earlier I watch a lot of stuff not just stuff I love. You need to take chances and try to be open (and reasonable) to things if you want to find hidden gems. I think AT is pretty bad these days but there are still some good eps. Like the huntress wiz one you've posted.
Even so. Would you really rather an echo chamber? I'm not alone in my thoughts outside this thread, and, infact there are even some people who agree within these threads.
AT has been good. AT can still be good but never like it was. All I did was disapprove of a certain direction the conversation itself couldn't have been sustained without other anons interested or offended enough to request that I substantiate my claims.

When everyone wants why you think negatively you don't get much time to explore the positive do you?
>>
tfw Slumber Party Panic is not canon
>>
>posts: 185
>Unique posters: 29
ADVENTURE TIME IS TOTALLY -NOT- DEAD U GUISES!!11
>>
>>81187263
>season 2*
>>
>AT will never have the fluid animation and expressive characters ever again.
>>
Can someone post a link to the Adventure Time MEGA?
>>
File: ComeOnNow.jpg (236 KB, 2143x1080) Image search: [Google]
ComeOnNow.jpg
236 KB, 2143x1080
Really?
>>
>>81185736

Finn wil MGTOW by series end

calling it
>>
>>81185693
>Even the chinks understand adventure better than the current staff. Their little fanfiction AT ripoff is bang on for the original tone
Link pls, I don't know of this fanfic.
>>
>>81187367
I'll never understand the hate breezy gets. Some butthurt fans got their rags dirty about some bulkshit and shat on the show then and continue to do so
>>
See, this episode was just another highlight to me that this Betty is a fucking joke.

She's been in Ooo for all of about half a year, being generous, and yet she's suddenly the fucking batman of Ooo, disappearing and appearing on the breeze of a gust of wind like smoke, dabbling with magic / hyper advanced technology like she'd have any fucking idea what to do with it.

She was a fucking Archaeologist, just like Simon.
>>
>>81189821
>>81187263
>episode 1*
>>
>>81190887
....Magic?
>>
>>81189852
This.
It's going the way of Spongebob, and that's also what happened to Sailor Moon over the years.
>>
>>81191849
Did you forget, that she is new Magic Man now?
>>
>>81191566
That was THE episode that made perfectly clear AT was going to be going back to status quo always. No matter what changes, it will always be undone some way or another. It's when I personally knew there was never anything really at stake, and that at the end of the day, or at least three episodes after whatever event that by all rights should have made a lasting impact in the show will be just brushed off without a second thought.

It was the episode that killed people's hopes. Hence the hate.
>>
>>81192143
which is also extreme bullshit.
>>
File: Flute Spell - The Hunt.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Flute Spell - The Hunt.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>
File: image.jpg (154 KB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
154 KB, 1334x750
>>81191849
> archaeologists

Not really though
>>
File: image.jpg (74 KB, 750x422) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
74 KB, 750x422
>>81192152
> Killed peoples hopes
> return to status quo

The show moved from the status quo by making Finn miserable in his pursuits of female companionship and is slowly but surely moving to Finn maturing and finding a new meaning to happiness.

If you're one of those people that feel the show was ruined by not leaving Finn with a mechanical arm instead of an organic one, then I can't help you. Too many arguments with those people and they are convinced of Finn needing a prosthetic limb like islamics want to murder Christians.

The writers have stuck to the "harmony with nature" trope/folkloric institution and Finns new arm is symbolic of that.
>>
AT ended somewhere near the season 3
it became boring, not funny and not entertaining
lore is excess at the cost of humour expense
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (83 KB, 468x817) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
83 KB, 468x817
Nice thread.
>>
I need more of Marcy on that dress because it was too cute.
>>
Where do you guys watch cartoons
I used to go on watchcartoonsonline, but im pretty sure it was giving me viruses
Torrent website dont seem to have cartoons like this
>>
File: 55336250_p0.jpg (513 KB, 650x1005) Image search: [Google]
55336250_p0.jpg
513 KB, 650x1005
>>81193176
>>81190186
https://mega.nz/#F!GcAjGIga!z4q32O70Z6HkF1TIk7AD3Q
For this season, at least.
>>
>>81193176
kickass cartoons
torrents
>>
>>81185488
Wait what was actually unresolved in Gravity Falls?

Is this one of those things where people just complained to complain and other people joined in to fit in and it ends up as a massive, months long circlejerk?
>>
>>81193316
>>81193458
Im really happy i didnt get some meme reply, or "no spoon feeding"
thankyou
>>
>>81193799
Not all people here are jerks.
>>
I wonder how Marcy x PB shippers feel about this episode. Normally in their fanart it's all angsty and pouty, with Marcy & PB staring at each other all sad-but-still-hot, but in this actual episode it's just Marceline making bad jokes while PB tries her hardest to avoid being genuinely social. Kinda like a monkey paw wish sorta thing, y'know?
>>
>>81195244
I loved it.
>>
File: eggsnn.png (1 MB, 883x1210) Image search: [Google]
eggsnn.png
1 MB, 883x1210
>>81193092

Ask and you shall receive.
>>
>>81195770
Why is butt so big?
>>
>>81196244
Probably because the artist likes butts
>>
>>81195770
>still no sexy long haired finn
How can anyone not be gay for Finn baka
>>
>>81192456
That would imply AT writers actually respect each other's episodes and whatever character development was supposed to be accomplished in said episodes. Breezy was written by Moynihan based on a personal experience he had, I bet the other writers wouldn't wanna touch it with a ten foot pole.

But it's very convenient for the staff that we fans look at the whole panorama of the thing and make all thee connections and cobble a coherent plot out of a big mess. The show is infinitely interpretable.
>>
>>81192456
You really like excusing the shitty decisions the writers have made with your Finn's a nature spirit headcanon" don't ya man
>>
Am I alone in thinking that every AT character has gotten worse as the show's gone on?

I'm one of the poor fucks who still really likes it but this thought just occurred to me and I can't think of any character I thought actually got more interesting and entertaining as the show went on.
There's side characters like Peppermint Butler I guess but we only see people like them once in a blue moon.

What characters do you think got better as the show went on /co/?
>>
>>81196259
That would do it.
>>
>>81198000
Canyon?
>>
>>81198000
It happened because the season 1 characters were fucking awesome, distinct and powerful, but the writers didn't try to maintain what made them unique. So the interesting edges slowly wore away until everybody was a bunch of smooth dull rocks, indistinguishable from all the other rocks. Finn and Jake lost their energy, PB lost her crazy, IK lost his evil, and Marcy was absolutely crushed into a tasteless mush. Not a coincidence that the 'development' just looks like entropy -- bleeding the energy out of everything. No, I can't think of a single old character they haven't ruined. Even had to destroy Magic Man for muh drama. Maybe Lemongrab is still okay? He got an entire huge arc to himself for some reason and seems the same.
>>
>>81198455
I actually thought they ruined Lemongrab when they made him go from a weird, mentally retarded autist into a straight up evil villain, but now he is mostly back to normal.

But that just begs the question of why the hell they bothered giving him a clone, having those clones eat each other, then blowing them both up and stitching them back together if it didn't even affect his character. That's a lot of stuff to go through for next to no change.

I also agree with basically everything else you said btw.
>>
>>81198455
I forgot about BMO.

That's one example of a character who was radically changed instead of just being left to rot. I hate nuBMO but some people find the Football thing interesting, so that's something.
>>
>>81198000
I'm thinking here....

I like what happened with the Lich even if people give that choice some shit, Flame Princess got better since she was nothing to start with and could only go up from there, and while I really liked Simon's addition to the story Ice King's been pretty stagnant since then and we all know he isn't getting cured until the final episode.

OH, Betty too for me. That's not to say I like her because I think Betty is one of the worst episodes in the series and that she should have stayed back in the past as something to make us feel more sad for Simon but I have to at least give them credit for going an interesting direction with her, her going
>>
>>81198725
I don't really like super infantilized BMO either but at least his backstory is pretty nifty and it makes his connection to Finn and Jake very interesting.

Plus BMO was kind of changing the second he was introduced. First episode he was all ?I'm a robot nigga I ain't got emotions" then ever episode after that he was laughing and crying and doing all sorts of shit.

One thing I'll always respect BMO for is that he can be very versatile while usually not seeming forced in his roles. Sometimes he's Finn and Jake's roommate and regular bro, others he acts like their mom, then there's times where he's just a legit video game console who doesn't care about other stuff. I don't like it when they have him act like a three year old but other than that he's able to fit lots of roles pretty decently.
>>
File: image.jpg (62 KB, 400x567) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62 KB, 400x567
>>81197877
take a college folklore class and it's kind of a running theme throughout the semester. Many modern works use it and it's fun to see it applied and analyze how they've used it and where they go from there. And my salty response would be "I don't see you criticizing the Finn is better without his arm/shouldn't have gotten a new arm" crowd. Little bit salty.

>>81197144
> form a coherent plot out of it
It's gonna become one of the those "the audience was the 'other' writer" type deals in hindsight.
>>
>>81174759

Adventure Time was never gone.
>>
>>81198000
For me literally every character has gotten better.
>>
File: image.jpg (864 KB, 4843x3508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
864 KB, 4843x3508
>>81198000
> characters that have gotten better
Finn. Absolutely Finn. It wasn't until after season 2 that I started to really care about Finn and by season 6 I think most of us were weeping for him. I think part of the backlash against adventure time since season 5 has been a combination of episodes like burning low/every FP breakup episode, and just seeing Finn fall into a state of being forever alone (in his head anyway). Meeting his shit dad and losing his arm drove the audience to being upset at the way Finn was treated. We just wanted to see him happy and they keep piling shit on. When breezy happened and Finn grew a new arm (something many of us predicted/deduced would happen right here even) there was a schism among the fans who hadn't checked out yet from Finn's depression. Those who felt Finn should have Remained a cripple became insufferable jackasses who "didn't see that coming" and have been a cancer on the fan community shitting on the show ever since hijacking AT threads and discussions across the web into "why AT Is shit" personal blogs. Through all of this Finn has been pressing forward waiting for things to get better and for happiness/love to knock on his door. Now it seems that Finn is starting grow from those experiences. We are starting to see a Finn that is seeking out happiness and has gained sufficient "armor" to protect himself from the love "grind". The road he walks is not easy and Finn would probably fight the Lich again than take another step, but he knows that inaction will not fix anything and presses on.

As for Marceline, she was never the demon she pretended to be, and we started to see beneath her mask early on with Henchman and then even more so in "go with me." By the time "What was Missing" aired, we saw the Marceline we now see today who is much deeper than some "bitch" who likes messing with people for fun.
>>
>>81198836
In Donny, BMO said he didn't feel emotion, but that Donny was making him "chafed". It was an intentional contradiction showing early on that BMO did indeed feel, but wasn't aware that he did.

>>81198455
This >>81200004 is also directed at (you)
>>
File: 1457815906943.jpg (60 KB, 700x532) Image search: [Google]
1457815906943.jpg
60 KB, 700x532
>>81174759
Reminder this would make the show way better
>>
File: image.jpg (69 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
69 KB, 500x500
>>81201057
>>
>>81198836
That's the thing about BMO, it doesn't have character. Constantly switching between archetypes to fit an episode.
>>
>>81193176
If you have a kindle use kiss cartoons. You can save episodes like images so they can be pretty safe to download and streaming is good quality
>>
>>81193176
torrents from kat.cr
>>
File: image.jpg (259 KB, 1000x1452) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
259 KB, 1000x1452
>>
File: 1443755381009.png (498 KB, 569x629) Image search: [Google]
1443755381009.png
498 KB, 569x629
>>81200004
>Those who felt Finn should have Remained a cripple became insufferable jackasses who "didn't see that coming" and have been a cancer on the fan community shitting on the show ever since hijacking AT threads and discussions across the web into "why AT Is shit" personal blogs.
nice projection there, buddy. Not liking something doesn't make their criticism automatically shit. In this case I can see the arm being restored as a perfectly valid complaint even for people who still like the show (including me). You brushing it aside in an apologist manner is only gonna serve to agitate people further.

From your perspective, if there are people who are actually handicapped and looked to Finn as their hero for those 4 short episodes, they are the assholes too and in no way felt baited.

>We are starting to see a Finn that is seeking out happiness and has gained sufficient "armor" to protect himself from the love "grind".
Depends. As of Flute Spell he's could also be pushing down his want for a gf in fear of being rocked and going through depression all over again. Remember he didn't say anything romantic to her for 2 weeks. If that spell didn't work he would've just let it be.

The arm, his romances, the way he carries himself in his voice (seriously he sounds fucking dead in some episodes) and his actions in the show is what drove fans away from Finn. Even to this day his image hasn't been restored after Frost & Fire, though I can definitely see his maturity these past episodes after Stakes. Hopefully, HOPEFULLY, they won't drag him back due to another personal experience they want to push onto the guy.
>>
>>81203754
Also, bringing the arm back in general so soon after so many foreshadowing parts is just an asshole move. However, this opinion might change if they do more with the thorn arm in the future.
>>
>>81203830
Even if they do more with it Breezy was almost two years ago.
It wasn't enough and it wasn't worth it by my count.
>>
>>81198455
The characters were 1 dimensional bits players that only served to move the plot in humorous fashion.
I enjoyed their presence, but didn't care for them. Honestly in S1 they were kind of obnoxious.

>PB lost her crazy
she was never crazy
>IK lost his evil
IK was shown to have a friendly/juvenile side in What have you done
>Marcy was crushed into tasteless mush
She only had 2 episodes in S1. One where she was a dick, and the second where she showed that she wasn't such a dick. Funny because the second ep hinted toward her childhood. Something you're adamantly against exploring.
Finn and Jake never lost their energy. They just matured.

Honestly watching S1 is painful because it sucks so hard in comparison to everything afterwards. It's just so juvenile.
>>
>>81200004
>As for Marceline, she was never the demon she pretended to be, and we started to see beneath her mask early on with Henchman and then even more so in "go with me." By the time "What was Missing" aired, we saw the Marceline we now see today who is much deeper than some "bitch" who likes messing with people for fun.

None of that means she had to get so goddamn boring.

Season 3 Marceline was a good balance that had her act more open and honest without completely erasing who she was in season 1 like recent seasons have.
She used to be so much more fun to watch just do stuff compared to now where, like everything else in the show, she's so slow and plodding and boring.

Even if it wasn't who she really is season 1 Marcy is so much more entertaining to just watch be an asshole.
>>
>>81204633
She was an asshole in Princess Day and she sold the deed to Finn and Jake's treefort in Ocarina.
>>
>>81204633
To add on to the other guy's comment Marceline was absolutely great in Varmints.
Also you forget how little she shows up in the series.
You say she's boring, but she doesn't show up enough to be considered boring.
>>
>>81204547
Not that guy but you're really not giving S1 enough credit.

It had a sense of energy and vibrantness that the show has never had since and while all the characters were more simple that's not a bad thing.
PB was more zany, in preceding seasons they gradually made her more serious. She doesn't do stuff like have tea parties on bouncing marshmallows anymore or go to the overdramatic lengths she went to in The Duke.
Ice King was always shifting from pathetic and ruthless and in season 1 he was a lot more of a straight up bad guy. In recent seasons most of that's been erased and they cranked up the pathetic factors a whole lot.
Old Marceline was so insanely different they aren't even the same character anymore, and I think I preferred the old one because 'dickhead vampire who's seen so much shit she just doesn't care anymore' is a really fun archetype.

As for Finn and Jake Finn definitely lost some energy, while I think Jake lost a good chunk of his silly wisdom. He doesn't really dish out sage advice to Finn all that much anymore which is really sad. Flute Spell shows it can still happen but it's much more of a rarity.

Season 1 is more wild but compared with how slow the modern show can be I love the craziness of it, even if some episodes are really odd and ill-fitting to the series.
>>
>>81204547
>she was never crazy
She was. (She still is, they just took away the obvious markers.) She had these bonkers fits out of nowhere, she'd go nuts if someone crossed her. Her motivations were unclear but obviously kinda fucked up. The contrast between that and her sweet princess side is what made her funny. Deadly serious new PB, who we're supposed to genuinely respect as a good person and leader at the end of the day, is bland garbage in comparison to that.

The characters in season 1 weren't one-dimensional. People seem to perceive energetic wacky characters as automatically childish, and that's just wrong.
>>
>>81204896
Adventure Time S1 was great in the context of its time.
Pretty much everything airing during that period was dull and rote.
Adventure was new and unique.

But that was then, and this is now. The formula's been taken and improved upon.
It's thanks to AT that we have Steven Universe.
>>
>>81204707
>2 things in like 4+ years
Plus Princess Day was boring as heck, whoever thought Xayaphone could do Marceline justice is a fool.

>>81204851
She was alright in Varmints but it's still completely divorced from the character she originally had.

>You say she's boring, but she doesn't show up enough to be considered boring.
This is one of the most mind boggling comments I've seen on 4chan. Do you know what the word boring means? A character doesn't need to show up all the time to be boring, one shot characters can be boring as fuck just like reoccurring or main characters can be.

Plus with all the exposure she's getting in season 7 you're not even correct on how many appearances she's given. There was a drought in 6 but comparatively they're drowning us in that old vamp.
>>
>>81204986
AT did allow SU to exist, but they have nothing in common.
>>
>>81204986
To me it's definitely stood the test of time, but you disagree and that's fine.
Just think it deserves a bit more respect.
>>
>>81204946
In S1 she was the smart girl who was way more mature than Finn. The only time she went crazy was when she was accidentally turned green.
>>
>>81174759
The problem is the show had been on the decline for so long it's going to be remembered for having that huge awkward phase. Every time I asked someone old enough if they used to watch adventure time their responses usually veer towards saying they liked it until it started to become _____.
>>
>>81203830
At this point, whatever they do with the thorn arm will be too little too late.
>>
>>81205073
They're similar in that they were/are different from everything else airing at the time. In that they were eager to try new things and explore aspects not touched upon by other shows.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 85

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.