[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultimately, regardless of everything else, what did /co/ make
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: renner-hawkeye.jpg (27 KB, 550x320) Image search: [Google]
renner-hawkeye.jpg
27 KB, 550x320
Ultimately, regardless of everything else, what did /co/ make of Renner's Hawkeye?
>>
Liked it. Would love a Hawkeye series on Netflix.
>>
Problematic.
>>
Horrible.
>>
I think he's getting better at playing the role, and writers are getting better at writing the character.
But he doesn't have nearly as much screentime as the other Avengers, so there's not much to really go off of.
>>
>>81159053

That he was left-handed kept bugging me.
>>
File: image.jpg (94 KB, 630x955) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
94 KB, 630x955
He's pretty good, pretty humble.
A good mix between comic book hawkeye and a more responsible person flat out.
Should have been Clintasha though.
>>
>>81159053
I'm not sure he'll ever escape the shadow of being basically a glorified prop in the first Avengers, unfortunately

I just don't think audience will ever consider him one of the "real" members
>>
Meh, didn't like him. The least interesting Avenger next to Bruce Banner.
>>
>>81159053

His arrows were formidable.

They`re silent.
He can bend them in mid air.
He can attach anything to them - taser, grenade, bomb, goo, spike, memory stick, emp, mini nuke probably, etc. ... an ant man.

They showed potentially why he's powerful, but not far enough.
>>
Boring
>>
>>81159315
>I'm not sure he'll ever escape the shadow of being basically a glorified prop in the first Avengers

Ironically, that's how Renner apparently prefers it. He likes being a supporting character instead of a lead. Which is pretty much why we'll never get a Hawkeye movie.
>>
>>81159432

I want to see Hawk Eye being capable of taking down the Avengers.

-shoots an arrow with anti Hulk syrome at the Hulk (adamantium tipped of course)
-shoots an emp arrow at Iron man
-shoots a ricochet arrow at a dodging Black Widow
-shoots a sleep bomb arrow at Thor
>>
>>81159053
I think he works the role and gives it character despite not being a focus of the films hes in. He managed some great moments in age of ultron and i find him generally likeable.

I am always a little disappointed because they went with the family man ultimate hawkeye route which i think stemmed from the time they first introduced him. And seeing renner in the role i think hed make an amazing 616 hawkeye.
Like seeing him in a shitty apartment in a netflix show ala matt fractions run with kate bishop as a sidekick/disciple of sorts would be endlessly entertaining.
>>
>>81159540
If this post is indicative of the general quality of your ideas, you should never suggest anything, for any reason, ever again.
>>
File: Hawkeye_soul_gem.jpg (52 KB, 600x337) Image search: [Google]
Hawkeye_soul_gem.jpg
52 KB, 600x337
>>81159053

I liked him. He had a nice working-class feel to him. He wasn't an insufferable twat like Tony. He wasn't a whiny bitch like Bruce. He wasn't a worthless, quipping quim like Natasha. He wasn't a fratboy bro-god like Thor. Besides Steve, he was the likable major character.

Plus, he's married to Velma.
>>
>>81159540
>shoots a ricochet arrow at a dodging Black Widow
RICOCHETS
WIDOW'S GREATEST WEAKNESS
>>
He's a slut
>>
>>81159540
>-shoots an arrow with anti Hulk syrome at the Hulk (adamantium tipped of course)

Vibranium. Adamantium doesn't exist in MCU. I had also heard rumors of this for the first Avengers movie.

>-shoots an emp arrow at Iron man
I don't think an EMP would work against an Arc reactor.

>-shoots a ricochet arrow at a dodging Black Widow

Might could work?

>-shoots a sleep bomb arrow at Thor
Maybe, maybe not. We don't know Asgardian physiology.
>>
>>81159486
Nobody wants one.
>>
>>81159053

I love him, one of the best highlights of the hot mess that was AoU.
>>
>>81159680
Some "people" want a Hawkeye movie, but about the girl, not Clint.
>>
>>81159053
Black Widow and Hawkeye film, being bros.
>>
File: 1424666401532.gif (489 KB, 245x225) Image search: [Google]
1424666401532.gif
489 KB, 245x225
>>81159654
Yes he is.
>>
>>81159673
>anti Hulk serum

If this existed wouldn't like every Hulk story ever not have happened?
>>
>>81159597

You were going to post the same, but were too slow. Don't fight, just agree.
>>
He's kinda just forgettable but I liked him in AoU
>>
>>81159650

Spider Man would work too.
Dumb to have the same take down for each character, give it variety.
>>
>>81159850
>If this existed wouldn't like every Hulk story ever not have happened?

Probably? If the rumors were true, then that's likely why it never made it to film.
>>
>>81159850

Try being the guy to administrate it.
Ninja flips and trick arrows from a distance are the only way.
>>
>>81159940
>Ninja flips and trick arrows from a distance are the only way.

yeah and there's like a million guys in Marvel with ninja skills and/or superhuman aim
>>
>>81159310
I love Notos art
>>
He fits the team chemistry well enough. Comic Hawkeye is a little more light hearted and goofy, but RDJ Tony is filling that role more in the films so having a more unassuming Hawkeye works.

I wouldn't say he's my definitive version of the character but I like him and hope to see more.
>>
Good team player.
i like his performance even if its problematic.
>>
>tumblr loved him
>calls widow a slut
>UGHH CAN WE GET A KATE HAWKEYE HES SO GROSS WORST HAWKEYE

Kek
>>
>>81160214
In the Comics the way both Hawkeye and Wasp became leaders was cool. Like to see that.
>>
>>81160130
Theyre shit.
>>
He's a slut
>>
>>81159540
>-shoots an arrow with anti Hulk syrome at the Hulk (adamantium tipped of course)

That has nothing to do with his skills and everything to do with the anti Hulk serum. Anybody could take down the Hulk if that existed
>>
>>81159053
He's a slut.
>>
He and Vision were the best things about AoU.
>>
Cool guy. Really liked his subplot in AoU.

Glad he stays in the spotlight just enough for people to know who he is, and consistently be in movies, but not a major player
>>
waste of a renner
>>
I wouldn't mind a movie with Clint and Kate. Not because I care for Kate at all, but because Renner's Daddyhawk (like with Wanda) is easily the best part of his performance.
>>
>>81163902
I wouldnt mind seeing Kate and Clint FUCKING.
>>
Didn't really like him at first, but he grew on me
>>
>>81159053
Only good part of AoU. He needs more screentime.
>>
>>81163902
>but because Renner's Daddyhawk (like with Wanda) is easily the best part of his performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsdk-AnkVks
>>
>>81164248
We're gonna see more of this in Civil War
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.