[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jason Fabok - "Justice League 50 is going to have one of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2
File: jl #50 page.jpg (154 KB, 664x930) Image search: [Google]
jl #50 page.jpg
154 KB, 664x930
Jason Fabok - "Justice League 50 is going to have one of those famous geoff johns last page bombs. This one is the Joker's real name"
Only johns or morrison are ballsy enough to do this.
>>
>>81136261
I am curious as to who it would be or what
>>
File: 1341915864539280302.png (761 KB, 800x588) Image search: [Google]
1341915864539280302.png
761 KB, 800x588
>>81136261
Didn't Batman already find out?
>>
We already know what it is though, it's Joseph Kerrsovich.
>>
Inb4 Jake Napier
>>
>>81136303
this is the moment that picture is building to anon. we're going to find out what batman learned
>>
>>81136318
Jack Napier shit
>>
>>81136303
I like the idea of Batman knowing who The Joker really is, but we don't need that information.
>>
>yfw his name is Bruce Wayne
>>
>>81136261
It's Jared Leto
>>
>yfw Joe Chill
>>
>>81136373
why not?

I've honestly never understood people who choose to go for the "his life should be multiple choice" thing. Like only very few could pull that off, and with this we can have something more concrete
>>
Bruce Wayne from a different Earth.
>>
>>81136261
this is stupid

then again I thought revealing Wolverine's real name was stupid too and I guess that worked out in the end
>>
>>81136303
what the hell happened in that book anyway? Last I read was Batman tormenting Joe Chill in the prison just because he could
>>
question i guess since its up:
how many of you are going to miss the johns' justice league? I know it started out bad but I feel like we got a number of good things out of it
>revamp of ocean master
>the metal men
>crime syndicate
>legion of doom
>sex luthor justice league
>mister miracle and big barda
>anti-monitor and darkseid
etc.

this run's been really good for me.
>>
It'll probably be something bland like Todd Anderson.
>>
>>81136303
Thomas Wayne
>>
>>81136416
Because Joker doesn't need to be humanized. I'm all for different interpretations so long as they're kept vague. Joker's not supposed to be ordinary.
>>
>>81136261
Going by all the joker there itll be some multiversal bullshit where its unknown/multiveree of joker names
>>
>>81136563
a real name doesn't necessarily make him ordinary after all its just a name. if they gave him a full on backstory then yeah it would be weird but its just a namedrop
>>
Why would Joker even need a name

He's just Joker, he doesn't have a double life
>>
>>81136261
we've been over this, it's Dragon-In-The-Mirror
>>
guys, what if joker is the mysterious main character of dc universe rebirth?
>>
>>81136608
There's obviously a backstory, though. Why else would Batman dispute the Mobius Chair?
>>
>>81136659
What if Joker is Wally West?
>>
>>81136416
Because the joker is a devil - like figure of Gotham. He never existed before and has no ties
He should be mysterious, because names have a power. So if we know his name, it reduces the inhumanity and evil of the joker so that he's just "Joe shoe somebody". The idea of joker either lying about or not remembering his past is the best thing. He could be any of the stories we know about him. He could be a failed, timid comedian who dresses as the red hood to make money for his expecting wife. He could be some snot-nosed little shit gangster who goes nuts. Shit, he could even be the devil from snyders run.
People can continue to add more bricks to the jokers mythos without it being contradicted.
What I think is going to happen is that the Mobius chair told batman that the joker is the joker, because to the joker he doesn't even have a life before whatever made him the joker made him so. He's an entirely different man coming out of those chemicals.
>>
Joe Kerr Wayne
>>
>>81136261

It's "Bruce Wayne".

Why not? They're common enough names. Of course he'd have used a stage name back when he was still trying out as a stand-up. If that is canon. If it ever was canon.

I hope it's something like that.

It would explain "No it's not possible".
>>
Wait! I got it!

It's "Miles Morales".
>>
>>81136303
>That's not possible

So, instead of being just some guy who turned into The Joker, it's going to be somebody that coincidentally has personal ties to Bruce Wayne, isn't it?

I hate that bullshit.
>>
>>81137316
>Bruce Wayne of another universe that went crazy after he failed to save Gotham and then came to this universe to torment this Batman

It's shitty enough that somebody will probably write it eventually
>>
My guess is his name is both Jack Napier and Joseph Kerr. He's a parasitic demon born from the pain of several different people whose lives intersected during the ace chemical break in. He has their memories and spirits, but he's his own entity. Or he's just a mask of our pal Nyarly, the crawling chaos.
>>
In b4 a big ruse.
>>
>>81136261
Probably Julie Madison's brother
>>
Inb4 he's a Wayne bastard.
>>
Well if it is Bruce Wayne it would certainly be a long-running joke that the Joker could laugh about for decades while messing with Batman.
Just imagine how funny it would be to him that Batman has been fighting himself this entire time, in a manner of speaking.
>>
>>81138023
Already happened in an Elseworlds actually.
>>
>>81136261

[Spoiler]Jason Todd :^)[/Spoiler]
>>
>>81136261
What if it turns out to be a shitty ordinary name, like Louis Smith? What then?
>>
>>81136878
This would be retarded, but better than giving him a name I guess.

The chair told Batman that the Joker's real name is "The Joker", which is why Batman believed it to be impossible
>>
Lately, i feel that Joker shouldn't have an origin at all. And i don't mean that it should be a mystery. It just shouldn't matter. No vat of chemicals, no multiple choice. He's just an evil douchebag. His skin ? There are weirder things in Gotham. ? His real name ? Probably everyone knows it and it's just nothing special.
>>
http://strawpoll.me/7195676
>>
I can't believe Wally West is the Joker
>>
>>81136303
Lord Moldybutt
>>
>>81138320
And it goes back to that idea of who the joker was doesn't even fucking matter.
I would like to see a story about a popular psychologist/criminology professor who decides to research the joker. He's been putting more effort into it than batman has and the guy is determined because he's always a slut for knowladge, liking to know how certain people tick.
The story would go on to show how the joker grew up/lived a quiet life, nothing special and nothing traumatic. He was just some guy and ultimately becomes the joker; and at the end the professor trashes all his info about the joker because it ISN'T important or juicy enough. Because people never card about the joker until he BECAME the joker. He appeared out of nowhere and struck at gotham, coming to butt heads with batman.
Also, who cares they reveal the jokers name? Some crisis - tier shit will happen where it gets retconned away.
>>
didn't batman told joker his name in the end of death in the family?
>>
>>81138735
Death of the family was funny.
Joker kidnaps Bruce Wayne's butler. Joker kidnaps Barbara Gordon's mother to mess with Batgirl.
Batman: "Yeah i told him who i am years ago but it's fine because he doesn't care"
>>
>>81138678
That doesn't sound like a bad idea.

I dunno, so long as they don't do something bullshit with his origin like tie it back to Batman's past and go "I am your long-lost brother" or "I'm Joe Chill's son" or some shit, it doesn't matter much to be, as long as it is a good story. I mean, I like the Tim Burton origin. I like the Alan Moore one. It seems conceivable that others could be good (I've never read that Batman Confidential one). Like, just don't do some dumb soap-opera shit with it.
>>
>>81138955
Didn't it turn out that Joker didn't remember anyway because he didn't want to know it or something stupid like that?

I can kind of understand targeting Alfred being a total coincidence, due to Bruce Wayne being tied to Batman through Batman, Inc. But why did he just happen to target Babs' and Grayson's loved ones, as well, without truly knowing their identities? Just some cosmic coincidence? I never read the tie ins, I was only following Batman, Batman & Robin, and 'Tec at the time.
>>
>>81138735
Bo he said he knew it and that freaked joker out so he committed sudoku into the dionysium
>>
>>81139145
>But why did he just happen to target Babs' and Grayson's loved ones, as well, without truly knowing their identities?
Well dick had a circus at that time and Babs is Jims daughter.
>>
>>81139056
When it comes to jokers origin, it seems like you gotta keep it short and self contained lest you ruin it. Also, it can't be too theatrical, it can't be the Wayne killer or shit like that. That's why I wasn't mad with snyders "joker is older than gotham" because it was something fresh and not this "criminal in vat stuff. If you're going to do something with jokers past, make it something non-generic and make sure it's worth it.
>>
>>81136303
RED HERRING
>>
>>81136856
At least he'd be white again.
>>
>>81140265
top kek
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.