[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Overall Bat-Thoughts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
What does /co/ think of Batman ?
I know this question is weird considering everyone and their childhood molester knows of Batman but I have been hearing
>BATMAN 2 EDGY AND OVERRATED DOOD
a lot lately and considering 85 % of my TPB's are Batman, I got butthurt,so does /co/ think this is true?
>>
Batman is the best
>>
>>81132064
I think the problem more has to do with the fact that Batman is popular with a casual audience, and has overtaken Superman in popularity. He represents something that a lot of the posters around here seem to hate: making things "gritty" and "realistic", and unnecessarily so. This is of course on top of DC's current tendency to milk Batman like there's no tomorrow, and the combination of that aggravates a lot of people.

Of course, I probably shouldn't speak for anyone else. Personally, I like Batman. I just don't like how everyone and their mom is currently riding the Batdick.
>>
I generally prefer his elseworlds and stand alone stories. Definitely sick and tired of the oversaturation of batman games, movies, shows, and fucking everything when they have an entire universe to fuck around with.
>>
As a mainly marvel man, Spiderman being my favorite hero, i think Batman is utterly fantastic and one of the most vital characters to comics as a medium. He has a more consistantly valuable and drasticaly more eclectic ouvre than basically any other hero. What has been bugging me lately is how myopic the public perception of Batman's characterization is. He seems more like a vague idea of a 'cool badass' dude where his ideals have taken a backseat to this vague idea of cool at this point.
>>
There are aspects of Batman that I like that I've yet to see writers put in an interesting/engaging light, hence why I prefer Moon Knight, Nightman and Azrael. I'm the same with Spider-Man
>>
My least favourite character in fiction
>>
He's a narcissistic sociopath who gets off on devoting his immense wealth, capabilities and resources to beating up criminals because he has massive, unresolved emotional complexes. To call him a "hero" is completely laughable, especially considering the extreme damage he has inflicted on members of his adopted "family".
>>
>>81134515
You use too many unusual words without a clear understanding of how they are used. And it's 'oeuvre'.
>>
>>81132064
We all play favorites, but that can lead to disappointments if that character gets anchored with a shitty creative team. Dan Slott ruining Silver Surfer being a good example.

I'm more excited to read Tom King's take on Batman than just Batman.
>>
>>81132064
I liked him most in the animate universe. Attempts to make him too serious and gritty get awkward, but that was just right.
>>
>>81135075
Pardon me i'm shooting from the hip here, i get 5 minute breaks every so often here at work. I just wanted to contribute my two cents. Upon rereading my post yeah it's pretty sloppy af but idk it seems like i got my point across
>>
>>81134987
Why ?
>>
File: losenup.jpg (30 KB, 500x395) Image search: [Google]
losenup.jpg
30 KB, 500x395
>>81132064
>World's Greatest Detective
>loving father
>philanthropist
>meme sorcerer
>genuinely wants his insane rogues to get better, for their sake
>homoerotic subtext up the wazoo

these are the things I like seeing. This is what constitutes 'muh Batman'
>>
File: Batman Legends.jpg (543 KB, 1375x2088) Image search: [Google]
Batman Legends.jpg
543 KB, 1375x2088
>>81132064
I like him, quite a bit in fact. He has one of the best rogues galleries in the medium, he's had some fascinating relationships with other characters over the years, and he's had some really good stories

There are members of the Batfamily that I'm more invested in than Bruce, but he's the gateway into that area of the DCU, and the one keeping it all together.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.