[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can you name a lazier design?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4
File: TinyRick.png (300 KB, 408x646) Image search: [Google]
TinyRick.png
300 KB, 408x646
Goddamn, what the fuck is this? The teenage version of Rick looks EXACTLY the same as his 60-year-old self, really?

I mean, I thought his hair was so muted because it was graying but...no, that's just his natural hair color? and he has no other hair style he can possibly wear regardless of whether or not he's trying to be coolo.

and of course, he has a fucking unibrow, because what kid doesn't have a unibrow? and wears exactly the same outfit, because Harmon and Roiland couldn't put even the smallest amount o effort into changing the countenance of their protagonist. What the fuck, how did these hacks get away with this?
>>
>>81128149
That's the joke.
>>
>>81128166
thats not a fucking joke. it would be a joke if someone mentioned he looked the same, or if people kept mistaking him for his adult self, or presumed he had a shrink-ray he tested on himself, but as-is its just laziness. laziness in and of itself is not a joke.
>>
>>81128149
u mad anon?
>>
>>81128261
oh, he mad
>>
you do realize Rick created that body and he didnt drink some kinda youth serum to turn into a teenager again right?
>>
>Can you name a lazier design?
The entire show has a lazy and shitty design. Why are you complain about this?
>>
Clones have the same genetic degradation as their original copies, a "teenage" clone of an old man probably would look like a fucked-up grey haired wrinkly adolescent.
It's bombardment with radiation, affecting our very DNA that ages us, and that's inherit to whatever material you want to clone.
Basically it's still the same old-ass Rick consciousness as well, but with teenage hormones, why would his hormones change the way he dresses you goofball?
>>
>>81128312
yes. that doesn't explain why he still has old-man hair, old man eyebrows, and exactly the same face.

do you have anything evenly slightly relevant to say?

>>81128166
>>81128261
what, your fine with the idea that people can put no time or effort into their art and still get to have TV shows?
>>
File: 1416890740588.jpg (116 KB, 1081x820) Image search: [Google]
1416890740588.jpg
116 KB, 1081x820
>>81128365
>yes. that doesn't explain why he still has old-man hair, old man eyebrows, and exactly the same face.
that...that's exactly why he has all those things
>>
I know they did this because they're avoiding characterizing Rick in his younger life like the plague, but it was kind of just lame and too tongue-in-cheek for R&M.
>>
>>81128365
Draw or describe how you'd have like the design to turn out.
>>
South Park
>>
It's like in South Park, Mr. Garrison has a sex change yet continues to be bald. A bald woman, and nobody comments on it. Is that lazy design too, OP?
>>
>>81128365
Because he's fucking lazy...
Yeah he's a genius but he didn't really wanted to put too much though into it if it was going to last for a few hours and shit.
Fucking sperg, calm down.
>>
are we going to discuss Rick's past haircolor again;
the one he had before he turned grey?
my bet: it was blue
>>
>>81128403
That's not even close to an explanation. growing a younger copy would produce a younger copy. Your connecting things that have no conceivable cause-effect relationship.
>>81128335
No, he would not have hormones if he was at the same genetic age, he would be a small old man. and he was not portrayed as a small old man in the script, he was written as a young person.

Also, are you really trying to convince me people don;t change their style of cress in adolescence? have you ever met a human?
>>
>>81128365
When you're old as fuck and you clone yourself, your clone will age faster than you, because his telomeres are not as long as the ones of a normal human being.
>>
>>81128149
well he is Tiny Rick
>>
>>81128451
He wants his stupid headcanon of rick being this fucking attractive blonde nerD who falls in love with his donut steel. Anon is fucking booty ravaged.
>>
>>81128462
In real life HRT is not usually a cure for baldness, especially in older people.

>>81128451
at the very least, a different shade of hair and 2 eyebrows. that's like, the absolute minimum for de-aging someone.

>>81128470
he spends the entire episode trying to be cool, have you seen that episode?

>>81128501
no, this episode tells us it was always grey, his younger clone has the exact same hair as older him.
>>
>>81128261
it's a joke if you have the mental capacity to notice it, but if your own of thos stupid fucking cunts who needs every jokelaid out for you in steps then yeah i imagine you're a little confused, but i imagine that your confused every time you go to the toilet or what have you
>>
>>81128511
He hooked a computer up to his old man brain and had his consciousness immediately transferred.
Adolescent dress is about expressing yourself and finding an identity, Rick already knows who he is.
>>
>>81128592
>he spends the entire episode trying to be cool, have you seen that episode?

Succeeding at being cool, I´d say.
>>
>>81128552
right, which means he would not be in emotional adolescence, which is the entire premise of the episode. Roiland and Harmon obviously did not know this when producing this episode.

>>81128552
no, I want even the slightest effort put into character designs.
>>
>>81128261
>it's only a joke if I get hand-held through it
>>
>>81128614
Oh yes, the old "Jokes don't need to be obvious, making any comedy I like infallible as every "mistake" is actually just a joke" copout, nice way to know you have no interest in actually saying anything that makes sense, and are instead devoted to constructing elaborate fantasies that allow you to defend absolutely anything in any show you want with a single, lazy excuse.

>>81128623
the entire episode was about Rick gaining an adolescent personality, so your excuse makes no sense.

>>81128651
Yes anon,l we know you have no idea what cool means and have decided to identify with a "smart" asshole so you can feel smart about your own antisocial tendencies
>>
>>81128661
Why? Is not you show you dont have a say in this shit, pretty sure the creators designed him like that for a reason, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>81128592
I definitely knew kids in high school with unibrows.
One of them was a girl.
>>
>>81128735
or if, you know, its even slightly funny. that's an important part of being a joke
>>
>OP is autistic: the thread
I don't see why you people are trying to reason with this fag
>>
>>81128796
are R&M fans even that desperate? that criticism isn't even met with justification, just telling people they don;t get to decide. I mean, I'm glad its not my show, I;d be as depressed as Dan Harmon if I knew I made such a piece of shit, but me not being on the production team does not stop the show from having glaring flaws.
>>
>>81128365
>your fine with the idea that people can put no time or effort into their art and still get to have TV shows?
I love Rick and Morty anon, but nobody watches it for the character art.
>>
>>81128775
>Yes anon,l we know you have no idea what cool means and have decided to identify with a "smart" asshole so you can feel smart about your own antisocial tendencies

And that´s why he became the most popular kid in school and everybody got pissed with Summer when she got him expelled.
Did you even watch the episode? Are you even capable of discerning the most basic of human reactions and interactions.
Hell, we might be all arguing with an autistic here, and the only way to win that argument is not even trying.
>>
>I refuse to acknowledge that I'm wrong and an autist.
The thread.
>>
>>81128859
yeah, people watch it because Antisocial artists can identify with Rick, and pretend that their inability to make friends is evidence of their intelligence
>>
>>81128775
His personality was the same, but his physical drives allowed him to ignore and suppress his bullshit.
He started being antsy and avoidant while still in his grandpa body, which caused his impulsive tiny Rick decision.
It was the same old Rick, just wearing a hand-crafted teen suit as a fun costume and on the chemical cocktail of pubescence.
>>
>>81128856
If the show is such a piece of shit then why do you keep watching it.
Next time Hammon makes a panel why dont you plant a bomb under his desk to demand some nice motherfucking character desing, huh? Would you like that?
>>
>>81128974
>Would you like that?
I would like that.
OP do it, get justice now. Kill Reddit and Memey.
>>
>>81128974
***Harmon.
Sorry.
>>
>>81128149
tiny rick is cool because he's himself.

it's not about looks you daft nigger.

it never was.
>>
>>81128903
Do you not understand how physical drives are an essential part of a personality? Are you retarded?

>>81128974
Why are R&M fans so desperate? they must know their show is truly shitty if their only excuse is that non-autists should recognize hos shitty it is and stop watching.
>>
>>81129136
>his "personality" is mostly nigger-rigged together out of physical drives
>he thinks this means I'm the retard
>>
>>81129136
>Why are R&M fans so desperate?
It's the second time you say that.
I'm not sure if you know what 'desperate' means...
I mean, you're here sperging out over some bullshit design and totally missing the point of the episode yet calling us desperate...
>>
It's tiny Rick, not teen Rick
>>
>>81128592
>In real life HRT is not usually a cure for baldness, especially in older people.

This fucking autism
>>
As a fellow autist, I'm here to say that your actions in this thread are giving us all a bad name, and you have gone over the line with your autism. Please submit yourself for immediate torture and execution as punishment. If we want to be taken seriously, we have to keep ourselves in line, sperging out like this on forums just further entrenches us as an army of Chris Chans.
>>
>>81128845
>R&M can't do anything wrong!

>>>/reddit/
>>
>>81128149
if you attempt to clone an adult you get side effects.
(assuming his clones are made in any way similar to dolly the sheep)
trying to put this in laymans terms, its more complex than this though.
by using the aged genetic structure and injecting it into an embryo the creature that results from that will age faster than normal in addition to having stunted growth.
it wont even look the same as the original as fetus's physical appearances such as hair color and eye color may be determined genetically but size, weight, hormone exposure, moles, skin, bone, and organ development are all determined by the factors regarding the mothers eating habits and general healthy.
to get a perfect clone rick would have to go back in time and monitor his mothers pregnancy the entire time she was pregnant without her knowledge (might contaminate the findings) so he can mimic the chemical and nutritional aspects of her womb in a lab setting. then he would have to know his nutritional development from birth to whatever age he is.
thats a shit ton of work
>>
>>81128804
Or your sense of humor is shit.
>>
>>81129332
>He stated a basic and undeniable fact. I guess I'll have to give up on any semblance of reasoning and yell autism

>>81129237
Your the one missing the point of the episode, and how that proves just how lazy the design is. sorry your retarded.

>>81130797
"hey, lets not put any effort into this design! that totally works as a joke and is not at all just deciding not to do something basic we should be expected to do"

Yeah, gonna say no one in the production of that episode thought that.
>>
>>81128149
Fun fact: genes can change, turn off, and turn off depending on your age, diet, and lifestyle. If you clone someone then the clone isn't going to have the same genes the original had when they were a baby, it's going to be a baby with the genes the original had at the time of the cloning.
>>
>>81128735
>>81128614
Exactly this. I guarantee you OP is one of those "I-can-only-tell-when-to-laugh-when-the-audience-laughs" Americans.
>>
File: youseethisshit.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
youseethisshit.gif
2 MB, 480x270
>this thread
>>
post summers fat ass
>>
>>81128149
I was really looking forward to a cute shota Rick, instead we juts get shorter Rick with bigger head.
>>
>>81133133
can't people who want cute shota Rick just draw their own cute shota ricks?
>>
>>81128166
That doesn't change the fact that it's a lazy design.
>>
He's not supposed to be a younger Rick.
He's TINY RICK :^)
>>
>>81133312
Not everyone is a talented artist.
>>
OP, what style would Rick's genetic teen tastes drive him to wear?
Clothes from when Rick was a teen or modern teen clothes?
>>
>>81133551
Most people could draw it in the Rick and Morty style.
>>
>>81133590
Answer my question OP.
Modern teen or Rick's teen era teen?
>>
>>81130112
ayyyyyy
Thread replies: 64
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.