[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I recently realized, I love Harley Quinn as a separate entity
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
I recently realized, I love Harley Quinn as a separate entity from The Joker.

A few years ago, I thought of her as an attachment to a Joker or Batman story, but I think she actually really works great as a solo character.

Seeing her and Joker in their typical abusive relationship feels played out at this point, like seeing Batman's parents dying again. You know it's her backstory and it belongs there.

Dunno, this just struck me today.
>>
Harley is the only character in cape comics who is completely unpredictable and can genuinely surprise the reader, that is a fact.

But I think that if the Joker has no power over her, you lose an element to her that makes her tragic and extremely relatable.

It's a dicey thing, what's happenning to her right now. She's supposed to equally be the badass and the victim. She's supposed to be the world's most multi-faceted character.

Keep it that way.
>>
>>81114215
>you lose an element to her that makes her tragic and extremely relatable.
There is fuck all relatable about anything connected to the joker for anyone with a healthy lifestyle or state of mind.

Fuck, her justification for attaching herself to the Joker is (last I checked) literally being around him makes her batshit and crave being around him. She has association triggered mental illness.

And she is a one note character around the Joker, she works better doing stuff FOR him than WITH him since 1 it's impossible for the Joker to not steal a scene and B he tends to control her shit around him.

In other words, he completely suppresses everything that is Harley. And that's IN AND OUT OF CANON.

Suggesting she should continue to attach herself to the Joker is about as funny as killing Gordon's wife.
>>
File: ss.jpg (61 KB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
ss.jpg
61 KB, 380x285
People only like Harley because they think: if Joker can get a gf, so can a unemployed fat neckbeard who reads comicbooks for children like me.

Try proving me incorrect. You can't.
>>
The only good Harley being written right now is the one Steve Orlando did for Midnighter.
>>
>>81117313
That's a bit of a stretch, friendo.
>>
Harley and the Joker are more folie à deux than the Joker being only an abuser, or Harley being only an attachment to him IMO. It should be a meeting and blossoming of similarly fucked-up minds, not a unilateral relationship.

It isn't always (or often) written this way, but I think that's the best way to write it and not erode either character.
>>
File: AC05.jpg (124 KB, 630x488) Image search: [Google]
AC05.jpg
124 KB, 630x488
>>81112784
She's not even Harley Quinn anymore.
This idea that "Joker is an abuser and that's bad" is a retarded feminist push. He's a psycho and she's a child killer. Why would it be so out of the question to be in a relationship with someone that treats her bad?

You people aren't emotionally mature enough for cartoon characters.
How sad is that?
>>
>>81117341
I always assumed that the joker is very very attached to her but wouldnt show it unless she left him.
>>
>>81117333
Okey, she's also written better than almost every other female capeshit character.

It's like comparing long, brown, solid, finely shaped turd with pile of semi solid yellowish dirrhea. Both are shit, but the former is way more eastheticaly pleasing than the later.
>>
>>81117356
Maybe you need to show it now to make that work.
>>
>>81117383
Youre really bad at comparisons
>>
>>81117402
Also Harley is definitely sexual, but the Joker is not really that sexual ("sexual" as distinct from "sexy"). I think their relationship should be more of a romance than a 'yea we fuckin' thing. And even then that's romance less in the uh, romantic way and more in the mysterious, exciting and intriguing way.

There's nobody else like the Joker in the whole world except maybe Harley Quinn. There's nobody else like Harley Quinn in the whole world except maybe the Joker. Imagine if you were a really amazing, really terrific comedian and you lived in a world where everyone you met didn't even have a sense of humor - and then one day you met the one other person who does. Even if all they were was an audience, you'd go wild.
>>
>>81112784
Go home Palmiotti.
>>
>>81112784
What's with the playing card motif with her anyway?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.