[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are some examples of comics being ruined by editorial tampering?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: One More Day.jpg (54 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
One More Day.jpg
54 KB, 640x640
What are some examples of comics being ruined by editorial tampering?
>>
File: here you go.jpg (52 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
here you go.jpg
52 KB, 1920x1080
Here you go.
>>
>>81103839
>ruined by editorial tampering
JMS version was even worse.
>>
>>81103969
/thread
>>
>>81104117
>>81103969
You'd be hard pressed to find a comics company that hasn't screwed over at least a couple of their lines with editorial mandate at one time or the other.

Still I think Spiderman takes the cake both for the number of screwovers and how badly they damaged the comic.
>>
File: Image Comics.png (122 KB, 2000x4527) Image search: [Google]
Image Comics.png
122 KB, 2000x4527
>>81106884
Here, I proved you wrong.
>>
>>81103839
late Levitz Legion into 5YL was hurt very badly by the Superman office insisting they write Superman out of the history of the Legion
>>
>>81107026
Which they achieved by having essentially zero editorial which causes its own problems.
>>
>>81107079
I think Levtiz spun the best LOSH story of his tenure out of that retcon
>>
>>81110192
I don't know about you, but I would rather have creators make their own bad decisions than have bad decisions forced upon them by uncreative editors.
>>
>>81107026
Todd Macfarlane screwed over Gaiman.
>>
>>81103839
Cassandra Cain becoming a villain.
Countdown.
>>
>>81110622
Not what Anon was asking for. And Todd lost that one because the rules of Image protected Neil from Todd's greed.

Go Image.
>>
>>81103839
The 2013 Infinity event, part of Hickvengers, because they shoved Thanos down and other reasons.
>>
>>81103839
JMS Spidey event and head line with JQ as editor.
>>
>>81115388
Anything with Quesadilla is automatically shit. I'm not being hyperbolic: there's nothing he could ever do that I would like. It's impossible.
>>
>>81110683

Cass was wrecked before she even became a villain. At least if I remember right she was talking fine and walking about naked infront of people before she turned villian.
>>
>>81106884
Creator owned comics don't really have that problem, they can just change companies if the editor is being a bitch.
>>
Pretty much everything that ended before the nu52, I guess? Lots of stories got shafted big time. The one that managed to carry on (Batman INC) also felt very inconsistent after reboot, suddenly it couldn't use this or that character, had to adapt to new status quo (when before the relaunch it WAS the status quo).
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.