[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would you make a good Batman/Superman movie? Hard mode:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5
File: Batman-Superman-movie-logo.jpg (41 KB, 900x563) Image search: [Google]
Batman-Superman-movie-logo.jpg
41 KB, 900x563
How would you make a good Batman/Superman movie?

Hard mode: It has to follow Man of Steel.
>>
Mostly copy the STAS crossover with decreased Harley and Joker circlejerking (I did not like how Mercy was made into a joke)
>>
File: 1.jpg (56 KB, 488x640) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
56 KB, 488x640
What do I win?
>>
>>81062919
Have somebody who isn't Snyder on it
>>
File: your_prize.jpg (29 KB, 550x550) Image search: [Google]
your_prize.jpg
29 KB, 550x550
>>81063105
>>
>>81062919
Off the top of my head?

Following the disaster in Metropolis at the end of MoS, Batman investigates this new "Super Man" that the public perceives as an alien menace, most of which is spearheaded by eccentric billionaire philanthropist Lex Luthor. Superman himself has gone into hiding, doing some hard thinking about whether he's really what humanity needs or not.

Batman's investigation eventually leads him to the crashed kryptonian ship in the antarctic where Superman has been hiding in solitude. He tells Superman that while his actions were both necessary and noble, his methods were sloppy and amateurish. Batman offers to train Superman to be a more effective hero, and in return Superman offers him kryptonian tech from the crashed ship so Batman can upgrade his arsenal.

Soon we've got the World's Finest, Superman and Batman out saving people as Wayne Enterprises runs a counter-campaign to paint Superman as a hero that saved the world from the potentially much worse disaster of General Zod. Meanwhile, Luthor has been building an army of Luthorbots to prove that humanity doesn't need an alien to protect themselves, they can do with with human enginuity.

However, the bots eventually run amok, and it takes the combined efforts of Superman's strength and Batman's enginuity to take them all down and prevent more harm from coming to metropolis. In the end, the two confront Luthor, who denies all wrongdoing and claims the bots were hijacked by a mysterious other entity. (setting up Brainiac for the sequel)
>>
>>81062919
Probably just adapt that Superman episode.
>>
>>81062919
You don't. DC's strong point has never been continuity or cross overs or shared universes.

Fuck man, we're talking about a company that has had three hard reboots in its history.

Don't even bother. Make a good superman movie. Make a good batman movie. Keep em separate.
>hard mode
not possible.
>>
>>81062919
You don't. You make a Superman movie featuring Brainiac that sets up Justice League, wherein Superman recruits the rest of the League.
I'm glad for this movie's critical failure though. Warner's going to realize shoving Batgod into everything won't magically make it infallible.
>>
>tfw you remember this fan film

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3oN3EJcfwE

That shit got me so fucking excited as a kid, look at that last shot of Batman swinging next to supes, that sht was cash.

And now the dream is dead.
>>
File: cainiac.gif (2 MB, 275x248) Image search: [Google]
cainiac.gif
2 MB, 275x248
>>81063155
Greenlight it.
>>
>>81062919
Incorruptible but with the plutonian being man of murder, metallo is Max Damage, qubit is lex luthor and Batman(two of the greatest minds work together to defeat the alien). In the end after defeating him they realize he is just a scared dude with too much power and they taught him how to control his powers and became the man of tomorrow. But there's also a big reason to help superman, they are going to need all the help they can get to defend earth against Darkseid in the next movie.
>>
>>81062919
Have Superman embrace his role as a protector. Show him smiling and helping others. Have an early scene with him apologizing to the world for what occurred, and he will do his best and learn from his mistakes during the battle, and he hopes to earn the peoples trust.

Batman is watching the press conference and as per the character is suspicious. He wants to believe the best in the alien but has to take precautions just in case. Teams with Lex, who he believes to be a philanthropist just like him. Both are working on Kryptonite an irradiated rock that was found around the world destroyer machine from the first movie the rock has taken some of the properties and causes Supes to feel like he did on the kryptonian ship. Batman begins to realize that Luthor is not what he appears.

Meanwhile Clark doing a journalistic piece on Batman finds clues that shows the vigilante has killed someone known as the Red Hood. Batman shows up in Gotham to spy on Superman.
>>
>>81064990
Superman finds out Batman is in town and confronts him. Lex manipulates the scene and a building blows up with the Batman symbol on it. Cue fight scene.

The clues Clark has been following were placed by Lex and the Red Hood never existed. Lex unveils the work he has been doing with the Kryptonite, it is Metallo. Superman and Batman teamup and win. Lex is still seen as a philantrhipist. A rift opens up and out comes the Flash saying he has come from the future, and something "Dark" is coming. The flash is then consumed by the speed force, and the two heroes realize they may need help. The stringer is a quick shot of the heroes they have been gathering.

WW is not in it until the stringer.

Shit I know, but better than Goyer.
>>
A man named Bruce Wayne has it all. He is practically the leader in Gotham's man room, Catwoman has the hots for him, and most importantly, he is Gotham's favorite man . But when the clocks strike Gotham's birthday, a new man arrives. Clark Kent , a space cadet who thinks he is a space ranger, (not a man in a room) instantly wins over Gotham, thus becoming Gotham's new treasure. But when Bruce Wayne is accused of knocking Clark out of the window, he must go into the world and find Clark, with many delays...
>>
>>81062919
I don't. Batman and Super man highlight the fundamental problem of shared universes with such vastly different power levels.
>>
>>81062919
Make it only about Superman and Batman. No cameos except the post-credits.
>>
>>81063155
Even easier than that ending:

Use the Lex/OS from this movie, made with reclaimed Kryptonian tech, to create the 'bots. The reclaimed tech starts emulating Brainiac, and at the end sends a signal out into space attracting the actual Brainiac.

It also absolves Luthor of direct crime, allowing him to stay out of prison and still be seen by the public as a good guy.
>>
>>81062919
I don't think I can stay in this thread because half the ideas here will probably be better than the film itself and make me feel worse
>>
>>81063105
33% on Rotten Tomatoes
>>
Make a world's finest movie instead of a versus movie.
>>
>>81062919
>Lex is more like he was in the animated series
>More Superman
>Shows the flaws in Batman being a parnoid fuck he is
>Replace Doomsday with Bizzaro
>more Jimmy Olsen
>>
>>81063105
/thread
>>
>>81062919
1) make a solo batman movie first to flesh out the new version of the character
2) make the movie actually about Batman and Superman and 30 justice league characters vs 50 dc villains
3) cut down on the edginess, realism is good but only when it's coupled with fun comic action
see, it's not that fucking hard
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.