[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do I even bother anymore
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9
Why do I even bother anymore
>>
>>81059679
There's only one issue left, anon.
>>
>>81059679
because otherwise I'd forget it came out, too.
>>
>>81059679
Whatever Midnighter did to train Spoiler, it shows results.
>>
is this series good?

im too scared to find out how they treat my waifu cassie cain.
>>
>>81060225
Nah. Harperwank.
>>
>>81059679
Jason and Tim being bros was the best thing about it. That's it.
>>
Someone want to deliver a storytime of pain for all the masochists?
>>
>>81060225
Don't bother. It is mediocre at best and totally forgettable. And they somehow managed to destroy Cass AND David Cain, fuck Tynion.
>>
>>81061134
Cass is still salvageable: though she's a completely different character, she's still makes some degree of sense.

Cain is... well, I'm just hoping the real Cain will get himself drunk enough to travel to Earth-0 and punching him.
>>
File: 1458019836492.gif (2 MB, 208x200) Image search: [Google]
1458019836492.gif
2 MB, 208x200
>>81061243
>Cass is still salvageable
I lost all hope for that, because they tied her background to fucking Harper. I can just hope for a soft reboot and ignoring the whole shit with the fan favorite bitch.
>>
>>81059679
Why didn't they just call it Harper Row: Eternal?
>>
>>81061427
I think Cass is just doomed. DC's decided to go back to iconic versions of characters, so at best she'll be a supporting character in another book while Barbara Gordon and Kate Kane are the only Gothamite heroines who'll get treated seriously.
>>
>>81059679
>called Batman & Robin Internal
>focuses on neither Batman nor a Robin
>>
>>81061488
Because then no one would have touched it. Better question is why they decided that it would be good use of all the characters to have Harper in front and center?

Did they really think that we would not actually want a batfamily book?
>>
>>81059679
Did somebody already storytimed it?
>>
>>81061499
Why did I even get my hopes up at this point? It's not like I didn't see it coming, I just thought they would handle her with some respect this time after Beechen.But they even shit on Cain, fuck them. At least I can still buy her old run now.

>>81061745
I don't think so. Feel free to do it, I guess we're all masochists here.
>>
Where does this fit in the ranking of the weeklies?

(52 >>>>>>>>>>>>> Batman Eternal > Futures End >>>> Trinity >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> World's End >> Countdown
>>
>>81062164
I can't decide if it's before or after Trinity.

Been while since I've read that.
>>
>>81062164
Trinity was better than Futures End
>>
>>81062164
If your a Batfamily fag it'd probably be after Worlds End. I thought Futures End was kinda shit too though
>>
>>81060225

No. It's complete trash, doubly so if you care about Cassandra Cain. Only thing that keeps it from being the worst Cass story is the fact that Beechen lowered the bar to Earth's core already. BRE is only bearable it you're the one fan Harper Row has in the world. It's shit, shit, shit, shit, shit.
>>
>>81061243
>cass is still salvageable

Not this version. They need to reboot her. They just rebooted her, but they need to reboot her again because the story that rebooted her was so fucking atrocious.

For fuck's sake, she's spent the past three issues tied up and crying! Does that sound like Cassandra motherfucking Cain to you? How the fuck is she not breaking faces right now? What the fuck DC? This is literally the first time she's been used as a damsel in distress. Even Beechen knew enough to not do that. That's our hero, useless crybaby in chains.
>>
>>81063246
As I did write, she's not classic Cass.
She's a completely different character, tangentially related.

BUT! As completely different character she has still some possibility to be a decent character with a decent writer-
>>
File: 1451492922501.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1451492922501.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81060225

It's alright. It's not horrible, nor is it great. It's just in-between. Though it says Batman & Robin Eternal, Dick doesn't really have much a part even if he's one of the main characters. He's basically exposition, getting Harper/Cass to point A to B, and talking Azrael from killing Mother.

But, there's been some great Midnighter, Stephanie Brown, and Cullen stuff near the tail end.

Plus it expands on Tim and Jason bonding as brothers. (just that Tim SOOO needs a redesign/rehaul for Rebirth)

The reintroduction of Cassandra? I'd put it better than Jason, Barbara, Tim, and Stephanie. But then they didn't really have to try much to achieve surpassing any of those.

Yes, Cass is tied to Harper, but she's also tied to Cullen. Who's so fucking under-rated and WHY THE FUCK didn't he have a bigger role in this?! The core concept of Cass is there. She's the brawler of the family, and has a deathwish for wanting to pay for her. Hence why she's been freaking crying and not stopping Harper.

The problems for me is basically we haven't seen Cass fully unleashed since #14. She's held back since then and hasn't really shown how damn good a fighter she can be since #13.

If there's any real downside, it's the portrayal of David Cain. He's basically just a loyal minion of the big villain of the piece. Who's only purpose is to job so Mother doesn't have too.

But all that's needed is fine-tuning. The same fine tuning they gave Valentine gave Stephanie in Catwoman (and in here), and along with Orlando showcasing how much of an improved fighter she's become last issue.

Though come on. If it didn't happen in Grayson this same week, seeing everyone send their Orphan sparring partner to freaking Midnighter who treats it like Christmas was fantastic.

So 52 > Trinity > Batman & Robin Eternal > Batman Eternal > Future's End > World's End > Countdown
>>
>>81062164
52 >>>>>>>>> Batman Eternal > Future's End > Trinity >>> Batman and Robin Eternal >>>>>>>> Countdown = World's End

>52
Only good one.

>Batman Eternal
Alrightish with unnecessary fluff everywhere.
Who even cares about Snyder's Owlman? Should've kept it at Cluemaster.

>Future's End
Alright to mediocre to shitty ending.

>Trinity
Mediocre with some alright and bad thrown in occasionally.

>BRE
Mediocre with shit laced throughout.

>Countdown
Absolutely awful with the only alright thing being accidentally funny moments and maybe Piper's storyline.

>World's End
Literally no good parts to it, and Earth 2 has not recovered at all from it unless that's what Rebirth is gonna do.
Dick's kid, man.
>>
File: 1451492982026.jpg (1 MB, 1988x3056) Image search: [Google]
1451492982026.jpg
1 MB, 1988x3056
>>81063802

So.. if Cass gets the Batgirl team currently on that ongoing? PANIC. If she gets Valentine or Orlando? She's in good hands.

Tynion IV? Eh that's a coin flip. If anything all that's truly needed is some fine tuning. The character we love is still there. It's just that we've barely saw what we enjoyed of her throughout the comic. I get the feeling they're holding her back so we can see her just be utterly unleashed on Mother.
>>
>>81063802
>Plus it expands on Tim and Jason bonding as brothers
No. Jason and Tim are sidelined as per usual. Two of the three most well known Robins shouldn't only get a handful of issues dedicated to them in an ongoing that's meant to celebrate the Robins.
>>
>>81062852
>the one fan Harper Row has in the world
Does Harper actually have fans? Not just on /co/ I mean generally.
>>
>>81062164
It's annoying that they took Seeley, Orlando, and Valentine and had them write something that's mediocre as fuck.
I remember when this was first announced, we were apprehensive thanks to Harper having a big role and Tynion and Snyder again being the main guys for it, but we put faith on those three since they were writing 3 good Batbooks at the time.
>>
>>81062852
Is it worse than Batman Eternal?
>>
>>81064135
Yes. It's everything that's bad about Synder's Batman turned up to eleven.
>>
>>81064023
Their scene together have been pretty fun though.
>>
>>81064135
Yes. That was mostly alright but this weekly is downright bad.
It basically sidelines everybody but Harper and Cass. And Harper gets a nicer showing than Cass even though she isn't anything special.
>>
File: wack.png (28 KB, 378x231) Image search: [Google]
wack.png
28 KB, 378x231
>It's a celebration of Robins!
>Oh but it's mostly about Cass and Harper
>>
>>81064239
what's up with Jason in the new-52? Is a good guy? are the Robins brothers? Has Bruce adopted him?
>>
>>81065478
He's yet another Robin they can barely differentiate who stays for crossovers and weeklies so people remember he and his book exists

i think he's stopped killing people for the most part and everybody just accepts him
>>
>>81065629
why did the reboot make the batfamily so boring? jesus
>>
>>81064135
No.
>>
>>81065685
I blame Snyder. His responsability was to steer themythos but he doesn't give a rat's about the family, unless they are his OCs.
>>
>>81065685

I blame editorial and the writers themselves. Lobdell is the one who made Jason and Tim what they are today shadows of what they once were. Then you have Simone who basically told the grimmest darkest Batgirl stories of all time.

Really the only two who escaped this all have been Damian and eventually Dick with Seeley and King.
>>
>>81065685
Hey, before Rebirth the batfamily was actually good again, albeit individually, but at least all their books were tonally different and of different genres. Before Doyle all the batbooks had the exact same tone and were doing the exact same thing.
>>
>>81066086
what do you think will happen after Rebirth? I'm thinking,
>Dick goes international as Nightwing
>Jason and Tim... do... things
>Damian in Super Sons
>BUT they all cameo in each other's books, have bonding time
>Cass gets a mysterious noir book
>Babs becomes Oracle but not as a cripplle
>>
>>81066191
>Barbara stays as Batgirl
>BoP is like her Batgirl book and her Batgirl book gets a new writer
>what you said about Dick
>also Dick is in Titans for another NTT rehash
>Jason is Lobdell containment still
>Damian in Supersons
>Tim in Batman Beyond

I'm curious as to who is gonna be in TT, Tim or Damian. Rumors say Damian, but they both have a book so it can go either way.
>>
File: sons-of-batman-01.jpg (67 KB, 240x414) Image search: [Google]
sons-of-batman-01.jpg
67 KB, 240x414
>>81063916
>Bat facepaint

It kind of suits her, but I can't look at it without thinking of the Sons of the Bat.
>>
>>81066293
I feel like Damian's "little shit personality" would just be used for comedic effect with a teen meta team
which could be great but isn't how the writer's ;lately like to write him
>>
>>81066191

> Dick gets Seeley or King to continue writing wild fun adventures.
> Jason and Tim teaming up. Please for the love of all that's good and holy give Tim a GOOD redesign. Also drop everything Lobdell put in his backstory. ALL OF IT.
> Damian in Teen Titans and Super Sons.
> Cass gets a new ongoing written by Valentine, and an artist who can do visual action. Like Scott and Garza.
> Barbara just retires and goes to the GCPD. She needs a life. A REAL LIFE.

That's not happening.
>>
>>81066293
I am going to be sad if the only book Tim's in is written by Jurgens.
>>
>>81066431
I want all of that SO bad
fuck
>>
>>81066333

Well out of Bruce's kids, both her and Damian did it.
>>
>>81059679
It's worth it, if for nothing else than Azrael, it's worth it.
>>
File: 1295728835088.jpg (39 KB, 360x344) Image search: [Google]
1295728835088.jpg
39 KB, 360x344
>Dramatic shit with Harper again
>Cullen manages to be both more entertaining and more useful just by pretending to be Oracle for a few minutes
>>
>>81067574
>everybody in the weekly is more entertaining than Harper
>>
>>81066191
>Cass gets a mysterious noir book
She's gonna be stuck in Batgirl and the Birds of Prey
>>
>>81070363

Yeah I know. It's just what I hoped man. A man can dream can't he?
>>
All it taught me was that DC needs to make another should Harper Row Poll so we can have her fucking get crowbarred to death. Pochi needs to go.
>>
Okay I am a little late to the party here so sorry if I sound dumb, but what the fuck is Batman Eternal? I've never actually tried to read it.
>>
>>81070411
That's how you get your feelings hurt, anon.

>>81070507
Batman Eternal was a weekly to celebrate Batman's 75th anniversary.
Batman and Robin Eternal is a weekly to celebrate Robin's 75th anniversary.

But Harper and Cass are more important than any of the Robins so who cares.
>>
>>81064023
They got their own subplot that didn't involve Harper Row which is better than what Dick got.
>>81063802
>The reintroduction of Cassandra? I'd put it better than Jason, Barbara, Tim, and Stephanie. But then they didn't really have to try much to achieve surpassing any of those.
Literally what?
>>
>B&R:E billed as celebration of all Robins
>Harperwank
>Robin War billed as what B&R:E should have been
>Dick and Duke wank
>>
>>81073370
Damian was great in that though. He did more than Duke. And Jason was actually tolerable.
>>
>>81073370
>Robin War
>Billed as a war between Damian, Tim and Jason, the Robins, the Talons and Owls, and the new Batman and the GCPD, including Dick
>Was a war between Damian and all the Robins, the Talons and Owls, and GorBat and the GCPD, starring Dick

What were you expecting?

It was Dick's 75th anniversary. And it was written by Tom King. How could you have this going any other way?

Besides, it was more of a balance between Damian and Duke than anything. Dick just got way more focus than they did, but that's because everything was about him.
>Robins, Dick's name
>Talons, Dick was meant to be one of them
>Batman, Dick was Batman
>>
My biggest disappointment with this series is that we didn't even get one hug between Dick and Cass.
>>
These last two issues finally did it. I abandoned all hope for this series. I have mostly been able to overlook the flaws and have actually enjoyed the Harper/Cass stuff, but when I realized that Cass was going to be a literal prop for Harper's storyline, I just threw up my hands. Fucking Spoiler is getting more badass scenes than the character whose whole deal is being a badass fighter and is one of the stars of the book.
>>
>>81073937
I'm just sick of all this pushing that Dick, Duke, and Damian are getting. I like them but I'm starting to get sick of how super special DC keeps pushing them as. It's the same shit that they did with Harper and it's the same shit that Nicieza tried doing with Tim before the reboot.
>>
>>81074815
Dick only started getting pushed since BRE/Robin War started though and really only in those books.

Before he barely showed up anywhere but his own book and maybe a batbook or two every other month. And then was literally a damsel in distress with no purpose but to give Batman a reason to be there and for Lex to figure out Batman's identity. And after that he spent a year showing up in no books but his own and wasn't mentioned anywhere.

Kinda the same with Damian and Duke. Though Snyder does push Duke more in Batman because he created him.
>>
>>81060225
Finding good superhero comics is kind of like panning for gold. Once in a while something good will float to the surface, but I'd rather just wait and let someone else do the sifting. 99% of superhero comics are worthless gravel.
>>
>>81063246
Cass should have broken out immediately, knocked out Harper and beat the hell out of the Mother. If Harper still feels sore about her mother after everyone's safe, Cass will drop by.

https://youtu.be/_Mk_f75TS1A?t=65
>>
>>81063802
Wasn't there some reason why they couldn't use those teleportation doors right next to the transmitters a few issues ago? The whole world-wide fight sequence has been a nonsensical mess.
>>
>>81081108
I'm still waiting an explanation to why Dami did not catch the virus considering that he really is a child. The plotholes are huge
>>
>>81081399
Plot armor.
>>
>>81081399
I love how those jets left the Mother's Antactic base filled with Orphan knockoffs and arrived in major cities all over the world almost immediately.
>>
>>81059679
don't, only fags like Eternal
>>
>>81061134
Don't let Valentine and Orlando off the fucking hook.

>>81061243
>>81061427
Just leave her with Steph and
Thread replies: 74
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.