[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Talk about bad reboots are all the rage at the moment, so le
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: tgc.jpg (77 KB, 620x350) Image search: [Google]
tgc.jpg
77 KB, 620x350
Talk about bad reboots are all the rage at the moment, so let's talk about a bad reboot in the most descriptive sense of the word.

>Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens, ReBoot: the Guardian Code is an adventure-comedy series about four teens (Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra) who discover that they’re next-gen Guardians with a mission to save the world, by defending it in cyberspace. The Internet revolutionized the world, but it also left it vulnerable to attack. With the help of VERA, the last surviving cyberbeing from the original Guardian Program, our heroes stream into cyberspace where they use their awesome code-based powers to battle viruses that have been unleashed by a ruthless hacker. Known only as the Sourcerer, he seeks to rule the world by controlling cyberspace. Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade. ReBoot will showcase leading edge technologies and bring coding into the mainstream for kids.

>When Austin, Parker, Grey and Tamra are not trying to stop viruses from overloading a nuclear power station, or remotely opening a dam to flood a city, or playing Criss Cross Crash Hour with a city’s transportation grid, our heroes are being typical teens: arguing with their parents over curfews; dealing with crushes; or trying to avoid getting suspended for skipping class when they’re really on a cyber mission to save the world!
http://www.corusent.com/news/corus-entertainment-greenlights-oreboot-the-guardian-codeo-from-rainmaker-entertainmentos-mainframe-television-division/

>All four teens will wear protective suits that will allow them to survive in the digital world. An image of the character Austin as his guardian alter-ego Vector was released Monday. The other three characters will go by the names Googz, D-Frag and Enigma in cyberspace.
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/trending/reboot-of-reboot-officially-coming-to-tv-with-26-new-episodes-1.3104830
>>
>>81027050
>tfw your name is Austin
I hope this never takes off so my name doesn't become a laughingstock.
>>
>>81027050
what
no

no no no no no
there aren't enough nos
this cannot be what is happening after all this time
>>
This would have been the perfect time to focus on the Daemon War. Have episodes be set in different systems and expand on the conflict beyond small number of episodes we got in the original series. You wouldn't have to worry about getting the original voice actors back and you'd have a wide variety of plots and themes to work with, just like when Matrix and AndrAIa were game hopping.

Oh, you'd also have games, which it sounds like this series will be missing.
>>
So we're calling Code Lyoko ReBoot now?
>>
>>81028472
Code Lyoko, Tron, Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad, you name it. ReBoot had the rare plot of NOT having humans enter a computer world, and they fucked that up.
>>
>>81028472
and using the term 'tweens'
just shoot me now
>>
>>81027050

what. the hell.
>>
>>81030732
I can't even
can you even? I can't fucking even
>>
>>81030823
Did you get confused?
>>
>>81030823
I can neither even NOR odd.
>>
Actually no, I don't know why everyone keeps saying Code Lyoko. What it's similar to is Digimon Adventures season 2. Characters entering a digital world filled with digital people who have actual lives. And then a villain who's also from the human world and is trying to take over the digital one. Both those descriptions can be used for Digimon S2 and this ReBoot. Not Code Lyoko, Code Lyoko are kids going into a digtalized game world basically, only populated by mindless robotic like monsters to fight some kind of ultra computer virus.
>>
>>81028556
especially since their fans are all old and bitter threens and quadreens entering their midlifeens.
>>
>>81030999
you made me smile when times were sad.

in any case yeah i dont understand reboots that have zero appeal to the original fans. what's the point of recognition? it's not as if their target audience has any idea what reboot is or would HAVE any interest in it since its basic premise is alienatingly outdated.
>>
File: 1458594358109.png (391 KB, 424x584) Image search: [Google]
1458594358109.png
391 KB, 424x584
>>81027050
Sweet mother of fuck.

Sponsored by SABAN (TM) ENTERTAINMENT
>>
>>81031885
we're getting to the point that parodies of bad remakes cannot keep up with how stupid reality is. someday kids won't understand why Homestar or The Critic was funny, because that's just how things really are.
>>
File: xBxwNQ1.png (472 KB, 624x475) Image search: [Google]
xBxwNQ1.png
472 KB, 624x475
WOOLIE ON SUICIDE WATCH.
>>
>>81027050
Hey, who's guessing they aren't going to treat four Users running around with the level of near religiousity it deserves?

>>81028554
There was always a ton of Tron in Reboot's DNA.
>>
>>81032211
You're missing the point.
>>
>>81030903
nobody in /co/ actually keeps track of Digimon: We-Don't-Know-What-Anime-We're-Actually-Ripping-Off
>>
They've been teasing this shit in one form or another for over a damned decade. I'll believe it's actually happening once it's happened.
>>
>Making one of the few good Canadian shows into garbage

There is no justice in this world.
>>
>>81034617
still doesnt hurt as badly as the new cgi version of superbook. nothing will ever.
>>
>>81035474
What the fuck is superbook
>>
>>81035700
>he doesnt know
shit dude, educate yourself on one of tatsunoko's finest productions. funded by the CBC to get japanese kids into christianity. given a fucking fantastic and adorable 80s dub. it is a goddamn masterpiece.
>>
Hell, /co/. We're in Hell.
>>
>>81027050
>Original fans of the show will be happy to hear that Megabyte will be back and he’s getting a major upgrade.

not being voiced by Tony Jay isn't a fucking upgrade.

No TJ? What is the fucking POINT!?
>>
File: Two guns for this.jpg (45 KB, 500x365) Image search: [Google]
Two guns for this.jpg
45 KB, 500x365
>>81027050
>human characters

stopped reading there
>>
>>81031922
WHATSA HOMSTUR!?

A CRITIC? LIKE THE NOSTALGIA CRITIC!?
>>
>>81027050
>Transcending age groups with appeal to kids, tweens and teens
Thats all the same fucking age group, anyone who says there's an actual difference is an idiot.
>>
>>81036079
and he's the only character theyre mentioning returning. One assumes he's the only one returning, or they would have said something.
so not only are they not tying up the cliffhanger (and fair enough mainframe had like THREE SHOTS at tying things up when they got uncanceled, and still intentionally left cliffhangers), they're bringing back only the character whose voiceactor is dead
>>
>>81036163
i don't expect them to be aware of them, just.. yknow, they wont get why this was once considered parody when it's well under the top by standards today, and by then...
>>
>>81036195
in case it wasnt obvious, this is a pitch you're reading. it's meant for idiots, written in their lingo. only idiots decide which shows get made
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.