[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
BvS spoiler free.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: IMG_20160324_045635.jpg (362 KB, 2154x1580) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160324_045635.jpg
362 KB, 2154x1580
Got back from the Midnight session at the Sun. TL;DR - everything wrong with this movie is Zack Snyder. There's so much to love about it despite the hack director.

Batman is really well done. I have very high hopes for a Batfleck movie. Jeremy Irons is a brilliant Alfred and has a much more hands on role in the film than I had expected. Batman moved like he should.

Superman was consistent with his character coming out of MoS. Lois had way more screen time than I thought which was nice.

Wonder woman played almost like Anne Hathaway Catwoman which you see in the trailer. What I didn't expect was how hype I was when she got into the fight. Also kinda hype for a WW movie even though I still think Gadot is poor casting.

There wasn't an after credits scene. The entire audience stayed behind for one. The theatre collectively sighed at the absence of a teaser.
>>
>>81022706
Also should add that the audience seemed to be mixed on the film. A few people mentioned that they should have just made it and MA15/R rated film as the tone was pretty grim. I would agree with that. Not that it needed anything but maybe it would have helped with some of the action scenes.
>>
>>81022706
Was Doomsday's CGI as bad as people say it was?
>>
>>81023274
I didn't think so. I thought the crotch was weird. The effects for him adapting to the battle was cool to see. They do mention the name too. They didn't seem as afraid go say characters names as they were in MoS.
>>
>>81022706
Is it true that Lex pisses in a bottle
>>
>>81025665
Yes and then put a bomb in a wheelchair
>>
File: 1458689481172.png (332 KB, 417x396) Image search: [Google]
1458689481172.png
332 KB, 417x396
>>81022706
>Superman was consistent with his character coming out of MoS.
So he sucks then, good to know.
>>
>>81022706
Was there any BM/WW?
>>
>>81023437

>I thought the crotch was weird.
Of course you did, OP
>>
>>81025840
Yeah I was hoping for that. They have a potential flirty interaction but it's cut a little short.
>>
>>81025902
So basically what was in the trailer? No spoilers pls.
>>
>>81025857
It's seriously diaper-like.
>>
>>81025935
More or less. Not OP, but I just saw it too.
>>
>>>/tv/67354823

report and ignore >>81022706
>>
>>81025935
There's more than what's in the trailer. They talk a few times throughout the film. It's not just the one party sequence
>>
File: batman-the-dark-knight-retu.jpg (71 KB, 950x591) Image search: [Google]
batman-the-dark-knight-retu.jpg
71 KB, 950x591
>>81022706
does this happen? besides what we saw in the trailer?
>>
>>81025987
He went to see it at Highpoint Hoyts. That's true pleb shit right there.
>>
>>81026016
Nope.
>>
>>81025977
>>81025988
Conflicting dubs.
>>
>>81026046
someone says he does an iconic pose from tdkr, what was it?
>>
>>81026049
It IS basically the level of flirting that is in the trailer.
>>
File: 0HySvPF.png (3 MB, 948x1920) Image search: [Google]
0HySvPF.png
3 MB, 948x1920
>>81026016
Not really. There is pic related.
>>
So why did Snyder direct? I keep asking this rhetorically but now I'm genuinely curious. Sony pulled the plug on their Spider-Man franchise because it underperformed critically and financially, at least compared to what Marvel proved was possible. Why did Warner Bros put Snyder back on the job when Man of Steel performed even worse, and given his track record of middling movies? I saw one post saying Snyder's wife is some Hollywood big shot, but I haven't googled anything about it.
>>
>>81026108
Damn it. Was hoping for something more.
>>
>>81026082
I can't really say I could make one out, but that could be because it was a qhile ago I read the thing, sorry.
>>
>>81026143
I'm asking this too. Everyone in the movie at least tried to bring something awesome. Lex was fun but nothing like the Lex he could have been with another actor. He doesn't get much back story either.
>>
File: iconic pose.jpg (52 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
iconic pose.jpg
52 KB, 800x800
>>81026082
This one.
>>
>>81026225
I found Jesse's Lex was pretty darn good and refreshingly different
>>
>>81026143
I'm guessing they thought that the critic reviews didn't matter as much as general audiences, and general audiences seemed to think it was just fine. Not to mention that they stuck Batman in this one (bitches love Batman) and it's a prelude into The Avengers (bitches love The Avengers), so, from a purely WB-exec point of view, it had it in the bag.

In fact, though we're acting like the sky is falling, I don't really believe the rumors that WB will quickly change course because of the reviews. It'll do well at the box office. That's what they care about.

I mean, I'd love for Snyder to get the boot and for his shit to not be the basis from which the DCEU is built, but whatever, BvS will sell, Justice League will sell. It's the solo movies that are a question until the release dates are nearer.
>>
>>81026384
He was a good villain, but not a good Luthor
>>
>>81026438
I guess they imitated TDK in one way
>>
>>81026438
Why, because they went for something new and original? He hits all the necessary notes for Lex by being a magnificent, ingenious bastard as a villain
>>
>>81026143
MoS was financially successful, and that's all they really cared about.
>>
>>81022706
So, what exactly stuck out as being bad about this film, OP? Does it deserves the huge negative feedback it is receiving from critics?
>>
>>81027633
Not OP, but to me it feels like it is going to be as divisive as MoS. No middle ground, you either love or hate it. It's got stuff that will trigger comics fan autism hard. Personally I loved it.
>>
>>81027758
Well alright. I'll give this film a fair shot. Thought Man of Steel was actually good outside of the tornado scene.
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.