[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Marguerite Bennett Replaced By Greg Rucka On Wonder Woman?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1
File: hiketeia.jpg (57 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
hiketeia.jpg
57 KB, 400x600
I know it's Bleeding Cool shit but a man can dream, can't he?

>A few weeks ago, Bleeding Cool reported that Marguerite Bennett was the new writer on Wonder Woman. I had it confirmed from a number of good sources at DC creative and editorial. It hadn’t been a sure thing, which is why the story ran later than, say, Tom King being on Batman, but then it all firmed up all of a sudden.

>And now it has unfirmed. One of a number of behind-the-scenes changes in the run-up to the WonderCon announcement.

>I am told that after a few issues were written and approved, that the editor of Wonder Woman was suddenly changed and Margueite Bennett was gone as well. And that she would be replaced on the book by a higher profile writer.

>I have separately been told that the individual in question is Greg Rucka, who previously wrote a well regarded run on the title. Greg had sworn off working for DC Comics previously, after he was not made the writer on the Wonder Woman: Earth One graphic novel as he says was promised him. He returned a few years ago for the Five Years Later/Future’s End project – before leaving two weeks in, before it was even announced.

>Now, I am told, he is back. On the bi-weekly Wonder Woman Rebirth comic. Details of which will be announced on Saturday.

>That’s what I am told anyway. Neither Marguerite, Greg or DC Comics responded to e-mails sent yesterday. But, to be fair, I didn’t really expect them to.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/03/23/marguerite-bennett-replaced-by-greg-rucka-on-wonder-woman-and-other-dc-comics-rebirth-kerfuffles/

Bi-weekly Rucka Wonder Woman?
>>
>>81021929
[Rude Comment on SJWs]
>>
>>81021929
Wasn't Rucka's run on WW pretty mediocre?
>>
>>81021929
>that the editor of Wonder Woman was suddenly changed
Please God, get rid of Berganza
>>
>>81022002
What? No it wasn't. Go back to fellating Azzarello, kid.
>>
>>81021929

Bi Rucka Wonder Woman?

Bring back Io.
>>
>>81022002
No. It is the second best Wondy run
>>
>>81022002
I thought his WW run was enjoyable. Nothing outstanding but it's one of the few WW runs worth reading.
>>
>>81021929
Rucka should be able to wash the Finch taste out of Wondy's mouth
>>
>>81022002
Absolutely not. It was dark, tragic, yet kept the inspiring nature of Wonder Woman much better than Simone's run did. Plus, the worldbuilding of the Embassy of Themiscyra and the intersection of the mythological world and the modern world were really intelligent and exciting.
>>
>>81022071
As someone who's never read any Wonder Woman stuff, what is worth reading?
>>
>>81021929
Cool
>>81022002
Its was better than most anything but the Perez run.
Azzarello, Rucka and Perez are the only ones in WW published life that i like thou, so its a biased opinion
>>
>>81022056
And another BW/WW team up pls.
>>
>>81022098
Perez's run is considered classic
Rucka's
Simone's is a little off-kilter, but it has it's moments
Azzarello's is pretty good, but very different from the others.
>>
Is this what submitting to wonderful submission feels like.
>>
>>81022098
Start with Perez, then try Jimenez and jump to Rucka and then pick up Azzarello's reboot.
>>
>>81022098
Rucka's run is the best for me - though I'm only just starting on Perez's run, and I've heard that one is fantastic. Rucka had longer term plans, so it does have some serious threads that were left untied, but on the whole, it reads very well as a Greek tragedy with a bit less nihilism than, say, Oedipus. Simone's run is popular, but ultimately it doesn't really go anywhere, and it leaves Diana looking kind of ineffective. Azzerello's run is very popular, but I hate it because it turns the Amazon society into a bunch of raging man murderers, and Diana into kind of a boring grimdark hero.
>>
>>81022037
Sorry anon, but Berganza knows where the bodies are buried, he's going nowhere
>>
Rucka's back on DC? Does this mean he can write some Bat-comics? Please?
>>
>You will never be in a leather batman suit being stepped on by wonder woman

Why does it always rain on me ;-;
>>
>>81022259
Maybe he could write Batwoman again?
>>
>>81022259
He should write something other than Bat comics if he's coming back to DC

DC is more than just the trinity
>>
How was today's Wonder Woman?
>>
>>81022142
>>81022195
>>81022215
Perez it is. Thanking you kindly.
>>
>>81022142
Also, the never promoted enough current ongoing "Legend of Wonder Woman".
It needs just a little more of conflict for Diana as person and it would be perfect.
>>
>>81022388

It's not in the Win-o-thread yet. Surely you're not expecting someone to have bought it?
>>
>>81022388
The same as Batman v Superman and Harley Quinn combined with some Teen Titans thrown in it
>>
>>81021929
whatev, Rucka doesn't play well with corporate oversight. He'll be off after 6 issues.
>>
>>81022464
The important thing isn't keeping Rucka in, is keeping Marguerite and the Finches out. He can leave after one sentence as long as he's replaced by someone other than those people.
>>
>>81022464
I think if they got him back it probably means he has carte blanche for at least a couple of years.
>>
>>81022464
I'm a little surprised to see Rucka back at DC after the way they ran him off, but I guess we've all got bills to pay.
>>
>>81022464
I think it really depends on how sales go. If he sells well, I think DC will keep him for as long as those hold.

I've never really read any Bennett - other than the incredibly stupid "Unsolicited Comments about Israel" thing, what else is the problem with her writing?
>>
>>81022669
>what else is the problem with her writing?
She's boring
>>
>>81022669
>what else is the problem with her writing?

It's either really bland and uninteresting or incredibly preachy and ham-fisted.
>>
>>81022002
It was one of the best WW runs, it's just that WW doesn't have very many good runs.
>>
>>81022669
Everything she wrote is bad. Except Bombshells and that book isn't groudbreaking either.
>>
>>81022761
I really like Bombshells...but thats pretty much the only thing i like that she ever wrote.
>>
>>81022068
What's the best

>inb4 Perez
>>
>>81022428
That's pretty overrated. It's only good if you compare with the actual ongoing, otherwise it's incredibly mediocre
>>
>>81022875
Yeah, that book has some nice moments, like Constantine rabbit.
>>
>>81022892

Marston.
>>
>>81022892
Well Perez is the best
>>
>>81023079
Wrong. See >>81023051
>>
>>81021929
I want to believe. But I honestly doubt BC really knows what's going on with Rebirth. Their track record seems inconsistent. That or the behind the scenes on Rebirth is a mess.
>>
As happy as I'd be to have him back at DC and for Wondy to stop being shit, I'd much rather see him tackle something he hasn't written before.

Space book maybe?
I dug his all-to-brief Young Cyclops run.
>>
>>81023211
So true. They were really wrong about Scott Snyder's plans for Rebirth, but they were right on other stuff, so I'm inclined to say, "This is probably a discussion, but not for sure."
>>
>>81022002
Rucka run on WW is comparable to Perez run, anon. High up there.
>>
I'm glad to see this reboot was as well planned out as the last one.

all there sudden changes IF Rich's reporting is to be believed sounds to me that someone at WB is overseeing all the changes and overruling the publishing arm.
>>
>implying she was replaced and Rich isn't just covering his ass after posting clickbait beforehand
>>
>>81022428
Its pretty meh
Good if you're comparing it to the current run but its not all that interesting.
>>
>>81023619
Yeah, that's what the delays and rumors are really emphasizing - this is yet another mess. Probably the opposite of what DC wanted to do - but they knew this was coming, when they needed to do something about June solicitations. It's shameful that they weren't ready for that.
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.