[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you think critics will react to this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4
File: Suicide SQUDO.png (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Suicide SQUDO.png
2 MB, 1280x720
I personally have a hard time believing it won't at least be fun.
>>
>>81019305
>Boomerang being Boomerang

It couldn't be anything less.
>>
File: digger.jpg (79 KB, 500x416) Image search: [Google]
digger.jpg
79 KB, 500x416
>>81019305
>>81019340
Boomer thread? Boomer thread!
Just imagine the RT critics saying it isn't fun like MCU movies
>>
>>81019305
Given that Ayer can actually be a competent director, is invested in this movie, and the fact that it'll probably be more fun than BVS, the reaction will probably be positive.
>>
>NOT MUH HEAT LEGEND
>>
>>81019305
But will it be "dance off bro" fun.
>>
>>81019305
Provided they didn't overstuffed this film with Cringe Master Leto Joker then it'll be good.
>>
>>81019384
With a misogynistic jerk like Cap'n Boomerang killing people left and right, yeah, I don't see anyone saying this grimdark shit will be fun.
>>
>>81019305
>Giving a shit how critics react

Why does it matter?
>>
David Ayer is a good director with good films to his resume
Most of these characters are unknowns played by popular actors
Its an ensemble film

Yeah big chance they love this film more than BvS
Suicide Squad is the only hope left for the DCEU
>>
>>81019305
It'll probably get some bad faith going forward from BvS but also some reviewers who are like 'this is what BvS was going for done right'.

I'm guessing 60%-80% range, average rating 6-8/10.
>>
>>81019305
>98%
>DC's decision to remove Zack Snyder proves fruitful, with this movie's lack of Zack Snyder being its primary highlight.
>>
File: 1454520809311.jpg (113 KB, 682x394) Image search: [Google]
1454520809311.jpg
113 KB, 682x394
>>81020054
>Suicide Squad is the only hope left for the DCEU

What weird thing to be hearing. It's not Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman who is going to save DCs movies, it's the goddamn Suicide Squad. I hope this leads to more obscure stuff getting the limelight if it's good.
>>
>>81020245
Where is Alan Scott in that pic
>>
>>81020245
>I hope this leads to more obscure stuff getting the limelight if it's good.
Swamp Thing movie?
>>
>>81020316
I hope for The Question or Wildcat
>>
Based on the directors and the trailers, Suicide Squad will probably be good. Both Fury Road and Deadpool proved you can make great violent (but not necessarily R-rated) movies and be successful with it.

With BvS being shit, my guess is that WB will drop the mainstream cape movies and focus more on obscure properties. I wouldn't be surprised if they opted to make movies that are more stand alone than anything (like GotG) but that just happens to be in the same universe.
>>
It'll be a critical darling and get a higher box office and WB will be left stunned wondering what the hell do audiences want
>>
>>81020245
>What weird thing to be hearing
Not so weird considering that those other things are in the hands of Snyder
>>
>>81020810
5 years ago I wouldn't think the backbone of the DC Movies would be in the hands of the Suicide Squad and not someone like Batman or Superman.
>>
>>81020761
DOOM PATROL!!!!
>>
>>81020919
Challengers of the Unknown
>>
>>81019384
I-it's not the SAME kind of fun! 2/10
>>
File: 1432947640354.jpg (312 KB, 864x667) Image search: [Google]
1432947640354.jpg
312 KB, 864x667
>>81019384
You mean this guy, right?
>>
>>81019757
It'll pretty much decide if my family will want to go or not. (unless it's a comedy)
>>
>>81019305
>Snyder=hack
>Ayer=talent
Its got a shot, OP.
>>
>>81019305
>>81019384
>>81019510
Guys, look at you.

You're so delusional you actually believe there is some weird reviewer conspiracy to raise up Marvel. MoS and BvS got bad reviews because they are shit.

'Fun' does not mean quippy and, I dunno, comedic, like GotG. It means enjoyable to watch. Films like Drive and The Mirror and fucking Moon are fun... because they are good.

MoS was not fun because it was boring and poorly constructed. I don't know why anyone expected anything but more of the same from the same director.

Suicide Squad has a chance at being fun (i.e. being good) because it has a talented director.
>>
>>81022618
Thank you anon.
>>
>>81022618
And AoU and IM 3 got good reviews because they were great.
>>
>>81020316
>Swamp Thing movie?

Yeah we could even spin off into a kids cartoon show and toy line
>>
>>81024600
They were not as bad as MoS or BvS.

Doesn't matter if you think MoS was better, it wasnt.
>>
>>81024600
I'd say IM3 was average at best. I never got around to watching AoU though so I can't comment on that.
>>
>>81019305
they'll be plenty of jokes so it will just fine. Deadpool was a success. with Boomerang and Harley, the casual audience will eat it up regardless of quality.

that and Ayer is better director than Snyder.
>>
>>81025647
Why are those the only movies you bring up as a gauge? Even among other marvel movies they're ranked up highly and in the case of IM3 is one point behind Ant Man.
>>
Well, aside from Joker & Harley it actually looks good.
>>
>>81025725
I sincerely hope Boomer is the breakout character and just steals the show.
>>
>>81025822
I hope so too but I just know tumblr will splooge over Harley
>>
>>81019305
Critics are going to bitch a whole bunch about Harley and Joker's relationship if it's anything at all like it is in most comics and cartoons. Also a lot of girls into capeshit have a weird thing for the joker and they're going to flip their shit to see their precious psychopath treating the women in his life the way a psychopath would.
>>
>>81019305
>Why is DC trying to copy Marvel?
>>
>Suicide Squad is a success
>DC greenlights a Midnighter movie
>>
>>81026039
>big studio movie with gay male protagonist

kek
>>
>>81026039
This could be a good thing for DC if Batman/Superman does actually not meet expectations and SQWAD goes above and beyond. We could be getting more B and C listers as a result.
>>
CALLING IT NOW

Movie will be well-received, but Jared Leto's Joker will unexpectedly be badly-received as an excessive misfire.

CALLING IT NOW!
>>
It'll be fun.
>>
>>81026121
all they have to do is dance around it and pretend to be subtle

it's not an outright taboo anymore, and as long as it's successful enough, they can have the actor say after the fact that he played the character as gay

then it'll go straight to cult status since the fangirls will have fun picking it apart
>>
>>81026039
The stupid fucking thing would be that Snyder given an Authority script would probably be wonderful. Those are the type of characters he excels with. It's going to be heartbreaking if WB is so pants on head retarded that they get to a point they insist the market is saying dark/gritty=bad which has never been the problem, and due to League characters potentially being perceived as toxic if BvS BO follows RT reviews instead insists on giving us a tonal opposite of MoS and BvS featuring different characters and we get an Authority movie with a tone closer to Donner Supes than anything else. It's just so stupid I can completely see WB doing it.
>>
>>81020245
>What weird thing to be hearing. It's not Batman, Superman or Wonder Woman who is going to save DCs movies, it's the goddamn Suicide Squad.

Appropriate in a meta way, when you think about.
>>
>>81025647
You're seriously trying to say that entertainment isn't subjective? If the guy thinks MoS was better than IM3, then that's his opinion. It holds no more weight than yours, and no less.
>>
>>81026598
Numbers can't be subjective and numbers show IM3 > MoS
Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.