[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Side characters.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: daredevil-stick.jpg (208 KB, 721x405) Image search: [Google]
daredevil-stick.jpg
208 KB, 721x405
Punisher, Matt, Foggy, Karen, and Elektra have been talked to death. What are your favourite side characters?

Stick fucking owns the screen when he's on it, the way he's always moving just draws the eyes to him.

Melvin was also so fucking good, he has such a presence even just standing there.

When the Irish boss showed up my jaw dropped. I had no clue Curran was going good to be on it but he is the perfect mob boss. This role actually was better than Data Tarr, who was the best character in Defiance.
>>
>>81018639
Yeah, Scott Glenn is such an old school badass. You believe everything that comes out of his mouth, even when he goes on about secret ancient ninja bullshit.

I wish he was in it more.
>>
>>81018639
Scott Glenn just fucking rules in general

>Melvin was also so fucking good, he has such a presence even just standing there.
He's also built like a freight train
>>
I knew this board would such after Punisher entered the Netflix shows. It's all /co/ can talk about

Captcha, select all boxes with signs, picture of a staircase and railing. Wtf?
>>
>>81018639
>What are your favourite side characters?
Stick. Always stick.

>Did you try to have me killed Stick?
>You're goddamn right I did.
>>
>>81019543
>He doesn't have a pass
>>
>be on Matt's side when does his No Killing spiel to Frank
>completely turn on him when he pulls that shit on Elektra and Stick

I don't even know why.
Maybe I'm just okay with old blind men slicing ninjas to ribbons with katanas
>>
Is stick this weak in the comics? He couldn't win against any named characters
>>
>>81019691
I felt like that a bit too. I think it's because Frank's doing it out of pain and grief and you think he can be more than that, but Stick and Elektra don't have that sort of conflict. They've already passed that point if they even reached it at all and we accept they're just killers, whereas in Frank you see the capacity for him to change.

And then he starts a Frankin'.
>>
File: stick.gif (2 MB, 640x420) Image search: [Google]
stick.gif
2 MB, 640x420
>>81019691
It's because Matt's logic is flawed. You don't have to blow up mobsters and gang members. You do however have to slice up undead killing ninjas.
>>
>>81019691
>old blind men slicing ninjas to ribbons with katanas
You should watch Blind Fury. Not ninjas but it's basically Zatoichi: American Edition with Rutger Hauer and it's terribad
>>
>>81019691
It's cause it's OK to kill ninjas jacked up on magic. Once supernatural shit like magic happens all bets are off.

I am right with you thougg
>punisher, they are down and can go to prison
>Matt, they are going to release a demon and Dr Strange doesn't exist yet. Fucking kill them, obey your old master.

I do don't get why Matt doesn't believe Stick. He's a Catholic, he believes in demon possession and angels and returning to life. How is this far fetched. Stick was right.
>>
>>81019821
We ever find out what that kid was? Is ita plot point reserved for Iron Fist?

Inhuman?
>>
>>81019879
Wasn't he kid was another Black Sky? Apparently there's more than one.
>>
>>81019879
I'm guessing a red herring...because Elektra is the black sky. Which Stick knew all along.

I dunno.
>>
>>81019836
If I recall wasn't he Blackskies, or was that rectoned in season 2?
>>
>>81019627
Why didn't Stone show up this season?
>>
>>81018639
Stick is by far the most fun character in the show, I wish he was in it more. Everything about him just reminds me of Frank Miller.
>>
>>81020042
>I wish he was in it more
That would probably ruin the character. He's awesome in small doses, just to stir up shit and then disappear.
>>
>>81020032
Rutger Hauer? Oh God if only he was in DD
>>
>>81020033
When stick talked about the old crew I thought that was the reference. Such a let down.
>>
>>81020324
when he opened up the weapon cabinet, i was hoping he was gonna pull out his staff and the rest of the Chaste would grab their respective weapons

nope, just generic katana
>>
>>81020324
What was the old crew anyway? That frenchie that tried to kill elektra and...?
>>
>>81019879
They explained that the kid is dead
>>
>>81018639
He seemed a lot more threatening in S1, in S2 DD and Elektra were kicking his ass like he wasn't shit.
>>
>>81020070
Yeah that's a good point. His expanded role this season was ok, but any more would ruin his mystique.

Was anyone else dissapointed by Fisk this season though
>>
>>81019960
>>81019879
Think of black sky a 'demon'. Elektra was a fully adult one that already had training in combat. As soon as they saw her, they wanted her to be their leader.

She wasn't yet activated though, so it only manifested through her sociopathy. After the Urn she'll either be physically stronger, or they are saving magic to fit the universe aesthetic come Dr. Strange and Iron Fist.

They don't really care if she's alive or dead to activate her, but the kid was dead, so he wouldn't grow up even after resurrection if they are like zombies. They don't want a full powered midget, they one someone a bit bigger, even if elektra is a small chick.
>>
>>81019851
Not to mention he himself has super senses and shit (except sight lel)
>>
>>81020678
I think that after DD beat him up in S1, he realized he didn't have to hold back against him. A normal guy, blind or not, will feel bad hitting an old man, until he realizes the guy is tough as nails.
>>
>>81020681
No, Fisk was literally perfect. He didn't break a sweat taking over the prison. After he fuck up the punisher. Then Matt, while he was holding back to prevent Fisk from knowing he's daredevil, would have lost anyways. Fisk is pumping up and would have totally ruined Matt cause he had no armor or weapons.
>>
>>81020681
I loved it how he was in very short scenes but all of them had an impact.

Specially when he went full-gorilla on Matt.
>>
>>81018639
Fisk's scene with Matt in prison was legitimately the best cape villain moment I've ever seen in live action.
>>
>>81019507
Melvin is maybe one of my favorite characters in the show. I hope they don't make him full on villain, but they keep building up to him becoming Gladiator with all the armor and him really desperate to use them buzzsaws as frisbees.

He just gets so excited when he makes something new, too. Last season I legit thought he had like some brain problems or something because he seemed to speak like a retard, but he actually became a dude that could talk this season.
>>
Fisk, man.

I was under the impression that he wasn't going to be in Season 2, and when he showed up I got so excited.

D'onofrio is such an amazing actor and his villains are just incredible.

It's the range. Each one is different and yet steals every scene he's in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MvlA8cNMcY
>>
>>81020888
I like how he didn't come off as retarded (in the literal sense, not the insult) this season. Like he genuinely has mental problems, but isn't dangerous or slow; he's just a smart guy with an odd way of looking at the world, like an excitable kid.
>>
>>81021487
You just know he will end up dead in the next season.
>>
>>81021487
I think he's supposed to be slightly autistic. But that really works in his favor. Hes super focused on one or two things. His wife, and daredevil which is an extension of his wife. The billy stick seemed a little random but the way it was written in and then showed off was perfect. Plus it tied together DD throwing his sticks to knockbpeople out all the time together.

>where's mine
Elektra knew she saw a master at work.
>>
>>81021487
Yeah. Although I miss his love for chocolate milk. It was just such a sweet detail.

But he was never dumb when talking shop, and all he does this season is talk shop, mostly. He does't talk about Fisk or Betsy a lot. He's just focused on his work.
>>
>>81021544

No, he's going to be blackmailed into killing Daredevil.

Then he goes to jail and the Punisher kills him.
>>
>>81022680
That's kind of...out of nowhere. I bet it's just that when Fisk gets out of jail and finds out who Daredevil is, he will track down Melvin and murder him to cut Matt off from any further special equipment and to teach him a lesson.
>>
>>81018639
On a different note, other than Stick, I loved the DA. She was an exceptional bad guy in that she was the only character I really, really wanted to fail. Even Fisk, Frank, and Elektra I liked too much to really want to fail.
>>
>>81022737

It's what happened in Bendis' run. A gangster put away by Daredevil strongarmed Melvin into doing it.
>>
Goddamn it, Stick.
Why did you leave Matt when he needed a father figure? You could have pulled him to your side that way, then and there.
But no, lets walk out on a blind kid, even though you feel really shitty about it, and try again years later by sending a hot piece of ass after him.

You old fuck, you're lucky that you're so cool.
>>
>>81022904
Because he always knew Matt didn't have it in him to do what has to be done.
>>
I pray for the day there's an episode with Stick and Fisk in the same scene.
>>
>>81022765
I agree with D.A Reyes being great. It was a good move giving Matt an antagonist that he can only fight using his legal training.
>>
>>81022994
And yet he went to the trouble of setting him up with Elektra to try to get him to kill.

Stick talks a good game, but really he just pussied out on being a surrogate dad and regretted it later.
>>
>>81023007
I have no fucking clue how it would go. Stick wouldnt care about the crime fisk does but i dont know what would happen
>>
>>81023007
I expect half of Stick's dialogue will be smacks talk about Fisk's weight and/or Vanessa.
>>
File: Marci.jpg (29 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
Marci.jpg
29 KB, 500x281
>>81018639
Marci! I keep seeing Amy Rutberg in stuff - commercials, Elementary, etc - since she was so good in Daredevil. I'm sad that Foggy didn't have an on-again-off-again with her this season, even though they mentioned it.
>>
>>81023206
Also, she was the only one in the cast interviews about Civil War who said she was on Iron Man's side. So I love her for that.
>>
>>81023206
Marci's pretty good actually. I hope she gets a bigger role in Season 3 or something, but she probably won't, sadly.
>>
>>81023255
Lawyer on iron mans side. Of course
>>
>>81023435
If she's going to get a bigger role in anything it'll probably be in Jessica Jones.
>>
>>81020888
Well, he is autistic. He probably won't be able to deal with it very well when Betsy inevitably gets hurt. Especially as that also means Matt broke his promise, even though Melvin kept his end of the bargain.
>>
>>81022680
if the punisher kills him then he will end up dead
>>
>>81023581
He's got the money :)
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.