[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anybody seriously think this has a chance of beating Deadpool?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7
File: 1458734485793.jpg (100 KB, 600x887) Image search: [Google]
1458734485793.jpg
100 KB, 600x887
Does anybody seriously think this has a chance of beating Deadpool?

Let's leave the other comic book films out of it. I'm asking, from one Fox movie to another, from one X-movie to another, do you really think this will beat Deadpool in the box office or critical response?

Because it won't. You can screecap this, I don't give a shit. I don't know if it will suck or not but I don't think it'll do as well as Deadpool
>>
I think it will be a solid 7/10 movie, not as good as Deadpool, and I think it can make as much money as Deadpool, or slightly more, because Deadpool was banned in China.

But it will not be as profitable as Deadpool because this movie is obviously much more expensive.

I think the 2 Fox movies of the year (Deadpool and Apocalypse) will be better than BvS and Civil War.
>>
>>81018243
It helps that this movie will have a bunch of toys and merch. DP had merch too but being R-rated hurt it in that regard.
>>
>>81018110
Heads has a chance of beating tails guys! Screencap this!
>>
>>81018110
I don't care.
I will enjoy it, because APOCALIPS
Also, I wish for marveldrones to stop shilling their anti-hype
>>
>>81018418
>stop shilling their anti-hype
But I loved Deadpool
>>
>>81018441
And I hate YOU
So I guess we're even

This is not a movie for everyone, obviously, so it might not make more money, but it's something I wanted to see for a long time.
>>
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 363x285) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 363x285
>>81018110
>Does anybody seriously think this has a chance of beating Deadpool?
I fail to see how the next installment of the Hunger Games saga has any relation to Deadpool or /co/ for that matter.
>>
>>81018283
>It helps that this movie will have a bunch of toys and merch.
Who's taking money from merch?
>>
>>81018584
The same as civil wart has nothing to do with having a chance of being good
>>
>>81018110
I'm so sick of Marvel/Disney and Fox/Sony marvel shit
>>
>>81018699
Who isn't. But we're going to have thousand threads to remind us about it
>>
>>81018699
but there is no Fox shilling, all we have is threads about how Jennifer Lawrence Mystique is terible, how Munn Psylocke is terrible, and how no one is hyped for this movie.

Then /co/ is surprised if it ends up being a good movie.
>>
>>81018699
Good thing WB/DC is hot shit right now. It's all for fun
>>
>>81018110
So it Deadpool vs Bryan Singer and his Army of Twinks?

I dunno lel.
>>
File: jlaw jack.jpg (7 KB, 291x173) Image search: [Google]
jlaw jack.jpg
7 KB, 291x173
>>81018110
>Does anybody seriously think this has a chance of beating Deadpool?
Nope. It will be, on the other hand, pretty fun.

Next X-Men movie even more so, since they'll be trimming down on the unnecessary baggage that's been dragging the franchise and maybe we can start focusing on the X-Men as a team and not as a superstar vehicle for one or two major A List actors.

I'm all for the next one moreso than this one.
>>
>>81018462
I loved the other x-men man, but god jlaw is just going to make mystique the new wolverine
>>
>>81019009
and then she's going to die, because her contract is over.
I'm fine with that
>>
>>81018110
It will beat Deadpool worldwide but not domestically.
>>
>>81018110
I would cream myself if Deadpool cameoed at the end and beat the shit out of Apocalypse with Keira Knightley Cable.
>>
>>81018110
So is wolverine a confirmed no show for this film?
>>
File: Old Man Logan vs Maestro.jpg (972 KB, 1265x1920) Image search: [Google]
Old Man Logan vs Maestro.jpg
972 KB, 1265x1920
>>81019346
Apparently but you just know he will cameo at the end just to set up Old Man Logan.
>>
>>81019346
Yes
>>
>>81019400
waittaminute, isn't OML set in post-APOCALYPTIC world?
>>
>>81019504
Don't even ask
>>
>>81019524
that would be brilliant, because it means that x-men died when trying to kill apocalypse.
aaaand open the road for new mutants
>>
>>81019579
But then that would turn Days of Future Past's ending pointless.
>>
>>81019732
Everything is pointless, we all die in the end.
X-Men fighting a futile fight feels accurate.
Notice that in comics, no matter how much they try to avoid the horrible future, it still happens

X-Men never really win, and that's why so many people root for them
>>
>tfw X-kino blows out DC and the Mouse Cinematic Universe

Deadpool might not beat BvS for total box office, but it's going to be more profitable and more well liked. And it's going to do it without China.

Civil Bore will make more than Apocalypse, but it will underperform while Apocalypse will overperform.

The only competition is that Harley Quinn movie DC's putting out.
>>
>>81020086
>X-kino
Okay I'm starting to get really sick of this fucking meme
>>
>>81019869
Somehow you're right.
>>
>>81020113
I know. Fall of the Mutants is basically the epitome of the X-Men and what they stand for.

Even when everything is against them: heroes, people, fate, gods, and their own genes (themselves), they do the right thing to the end.

And then they die. And get resurrected
>>
>>81020198
Come to think of it, is it a possible X-Men future where things doesn't suck for them?
>>
>>81020249
Hmmm... House of M?
AoA is not that bad, unless you are flatscan-lover, it's just that it's not a utopia
There might be some from What If, but I don't remember.
>>
>>81020249
Most of times, no. It all ends in gene wars sooner or later.
>>
>>81020284
scratch that, House of M is alternative reality, but whatever.
>>
>>81018799
Munn at least looks the part, but I don't know if she can act.
>>
>>81020284
House of M also had its share of skeletons in closet. Apocalypse purged half of Africa and such. Remember Gambit's FLATSCAN BITCH to Carol? And, kek, Luke Cage being head of Human Liberation Front.
>>
>>81020329
Well, it's not like she has to. She will mostly jump with her psy-shot, her psy-blade, and her psy-duck

I doubt she will even say anything in the movie.

>>81020362
Yup. X-Men's happy future is Humankind's bad future, and vice versa.

And to think that the X-Men are supposed to be only the FIRST step of the evolution (which is why it's so volatile), with Eternals-like beings being the ultimate goal.
>>
>>81020417
> Psyduck

Top kek
>>
>>81018110
It has no chance at all.
>>
File: image.jpg (254 KB, 970x545) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
254 KB, 970x545
So I guess X-force could happen, I wonder if Gambit will be connected
>>
>>81018110
It will beat DP in both Box Office and Critical Response.

The only problem with this is a retard costume.
>>
>Can an X-Men movie make $700 million
Yes
>>
>>81023784
>It will beat DP in both Box Office and Critical Response.
Seriously doubting that.

It would have to be better than DOFP
>>
>>81023938
...Without Wolverine?
>>
>>81018243
>Apocalypse
>Better than Civil War
Not a chance
>>
File: psylocke.gif (8 KB, 384x224) Image search: [Google]
psylocke.gif
8 KB, 384x224
>>81020329
>>81020417

I really want to give her credit for insisting on the purple swimsuit and learning to sword shit.

At the end of the day she's actually trying and that's more than you can say about a few of the leads
>>
>>81018675
Wow this is a really desperate post.
>>
>>81024887
Yeah and she was ok in that news show.
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.