[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Jimbats
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
The rides over, overall thoughts on Gordon Batman?
>>
I didn't care for any of the stories written with him. Found them all to be pretty mediocre. And this will sound pretty nebulous, but he didn't really feel much like Jim Gordon to me.
>>
Pushing him in every book so we have heroes say not muh Batman was dull as fuck.
>>
>>81016732
He was awful.
>>
>>81017287
I know exactly what you mean. There wasn't enough characterisation leant to the choice, so it could have been literally anyone in the suit. Bruce Wayne as batman makes sense because of the moral logic, but without that you just have a generic guy in a suit.
>>
I would of had more enjoyment with it if it were an elseworlds story, like if Batman died year 1 and some of the arkham rogues were tweaked a bit. As it is its just a weird moment that probably wont be mentioned ever again. Synder tries too hard to leave his mark it becomes annoying
>>
Stupid, superfluous, unoriginal, uninspired, nonsensical, and demonstrated a lack of understanding of both the mantle and the character of Jim Gordon. The perfect avatar for Snyder's run.
>>
>>81016732
>>10 issues arc
Go and fuck yourself Jim.
>>
>>81017341
What is it with Snyders and fucking up DC?
>>
I enjoyed it
>>
>>81016732
I liked him more than Bruce. A lot more. But I don't like Bruce so there is a curve.
>>
>>81016732
haircut was shit
>>
>>81017341
there's your mistake right there.

every single writer's run should be treated as its own elseworld, just like any other adaption
>>
>>81017564
You misunderstand. When I say elseworlds I mean they should have committed fully to the idea, because as it stands its merely a gimmick that probably will be forgotten. Also your argument doesnt excuse shit writing mind you
>>
>>81016732
Everyone on here hates Snyder so I'm likely in the minority but it was cool, changed up the formula, shook shit up, Bloom was a cool villain and the finale of Bloom people and Giant Bat-bots was just... man it was fucking unreal, personally I enjoyed it.

Other books that placed Jim in there did... rather poorly aside from the latest Detective Comics story which I thought was great
>>
It was all a miss.

The character design for Gordon, fine, he loses the mustache obviously, but Gordon is a grown ass man, he is able to get in shape without the jarhead do.

So you build mecha Batman. It's basically a squad car you can wear. Why call yourself Batman? No one will believe you are the real guy, so you're not inheriting rep. There was no reason for him to call himself Batman since there was no chance he would be thought of as Batman. People respect The Batman not so much a batman.

The stories. Nothing happened of any significance and they weren't very entertaining either.

Gordon was Batman for a while and it was a completely forgettable experience.
>>
>>81017327
I wish it WAS a generic guy in a costume DESU. I think it could be played for a bit of humor for some guy to basically be cosplaying in universe as Batman in a mech suit.
>>
>>81016732
it wasn't batman at all
>>
>>81017564
That's a useful approach to a point. But runs in comic books frequently do not work that way, and often reference concurrent runs in other books or previous runs.
>>
>>81016732
The costume and the Bat-bunny armor were good. It was a good idea. But the "person" department fell off. They weren't building up Gordon in general, so when he took the position of Batman, he wasn't that strong of a character. He didn't have enough material to write and make him work as the main character of one of the biggest book of DC so it was terrible story-wise.
>>
Not muh Jim Gordon.
>>
>>81016732
All I know is there a scene where Batgirl, unaware of who he is, basically hits on him. I can't remember if he knew who Batgirl was.
>>
>>81016732
the idea was interesting but the execution left much to be desired.

Typical Snyder.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.