[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Red Hood/Arsenal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4
Why did you lie to me /c/?

This series is honestly fun and Jason & Roy are the best bros.
>>
>>81015272
Literally kill yourself funfag.
>>
>/c/

But they are not cute anime girls
>>
>>81015272
I enjoyed the action comedy part of it at 1st to anon, I figured hey it isn't great and there'll be a new writer on soon who can make the book actually interesting and build on the success of UtRH, and the new fans Jason got from that. That was 5 years ago. 5 years of narration boxes. 5 years of Roy being a retard, and Jason being a frat boy, of the story barely moving forward. I now hate the series, and I say this as a Jasonfag.
>>
>>81015272
Not the greatest series, but it's definitely not unreadable.

It's fun and simple story that shouldn't be taken too seriously.

Jason and Roy being Bros is the best of about it.
>>
People havea hateboner for Lobdell
>>
>>81015628
*thing
>>
>>81015272
Go away Tzitzimine
>>
>>81015272
Just like Red Hood and the Outlaws.
>yfw I'm considering reading more Lobdell books, including his Marvel
>>
>>81015643
>People here have a hateboner for everyone and everything
Fixed.
>>
>>81015404
To fair to Lobdell, his latest issues hardly have any narration boxes.
>>
>>81015652
First one or two trades of RHatO are OK. Rest is garbage.
Lobdell's X-stories were mostly good. Fan-favorite Age of Apocalypse and Academy X are his work.
>>
>>81015719
Nah, the first arc was forgettable but the others were much better.
>>
>>81015729
Ha. Then it's just me. Later arcs I didn't like.
Except that issue, annual perhaps, when three of them are all young and go to kill evil Santa.
>>
>>81015272

They're fistfucking the character of Jason Todd so hard, it get me full circle and cum
>>
>>81015752
The Annual sucked, IMO.
>>
>>81015652

Lobdell has written plenty of good stuff in the past twenty years. Like that filler issue in Gotham Sirens.
>>
Red hood and Outlaws was okay,
But red hood and arsenal sucks.
Fucking sentient mass symbolizing corruption in every city?
FUCKING ADDING JOKERS DAUGHTER? How are they still pushing this shit character?!
>>
File: Nope I'm gonna.gif (1000 KB, 245x200) Image search: [Google]
Nope I'm gonna.gif
1000 KB, 245x200
>>81015272
>those gun designs on Red Hood

Is Red Hood ever gonna have a comic where we get near Punisher-depth of firearms? He always seems to be using some wacky shit that the writers or artist don't bother to research. I remember one comic he was firing off a pistol then next panel the pistol somehow grew in size and he was firing it like a shotgun.
>>
>>81015913
>Fucking sentient mass symbolizing corruption in every city?
>FUCKING ADDING JOKERS DAUGHTER? How are they still pushing this shit character?!
Gotta love brand new OCs. Instead of, you know, taking any Z-lister and reinventing them into something badass.
>>
>>81015951
In Arkham Knight didn't his pistol mod into a sniper rifle? Maybe that's Jason's hidden power, he turns guns into bigger guns.
>>
Honestly love RHatO until he lost his memories.
I'm afraid Lobdell will ruin this too.
>>
>>81016295
The comics finishing in June, so there'll probably be a new writ... Oh fuck it who am I kidding it's gonna be Lobdell. Him and Harras must have done coke and murdered a hooker together for the level of job security that man has.
>>
>>81016438
And it's "Outlaws" again, when they're not doing anything outlawish.
>>
>>81016468
Honestly if Outlaws was just Red, Arsenal and Starfire having fun, talking shit and killing off c and d list villains while pissing off other heroes it would have been fantastic.
>>
>>81016534
You'd have been better calling them the 'Outsiders' or something then. Honestly back in 2011 when I heard the name RHatO I did not expect the tone of the book to be what we actually got, I imagined something much darker and grittier.
>>
>>81016534
Yeah, but it won't happen because muh Titans. And honestly, I have no idea who is good fit for edgy team of young adults.
>>
Yah, it's good. I think it's a really good classic caped comic, like a fun summer action blockbuster of comics - all fluff but enjoyable.

I actually prefer that it's all villains of the week action series because that's what Lobdell actually knows how to write. It's when he tries to do lore or serious overarching plots that he fucks up and pulls down every character with him. But if you want superheroes getting up to some shit? He's great.
>>
>>81016295
Tynion was the writer of the memory loss arc, not Lobdell.

My only problem with that arc was Jason's reason for getting rid of his memories. I mean, Jason decided to erase all of his memories (the good and the bad) just because he was angery at Bruce? Come on, that not Jason from the beginning of RHATO who didn't care about what Bruce thinks.

But Tynion did redeem himself by changing his reason and I decided to give it another chance and found the arc to be quite enjoyable to be honest.
>>
>>81016577
Ravager,Jericho or Terra(although New 52 version was not really edgy)
>>
>>81017988
I like your picks.
>>
>>81015701
Instead, he just subbed in bubbles of dialogue that are clearly directed at the reader. Now he just has characters tell each other what's supposed to be happening on the page
>>
>>81015643
People hate Lobdell because he consistently puts out shitty work. Don't act like the criticism is undeserved. By all means, 4chan should be in love with RHATO, given how much SJWs hate it
>>
>>81016642
Lobdell was the one who had Jason throw away his happiest memory because "muh edginess"

Resulting in his new happiest memory being a baby in an incubator
>>
>>81015404
>action comedy
I wish it had both of those. Instead, it's

>dialogue boxes rehashing Jason and Roy's history for the hundredth time
>something about Jason never being good enough or hating the Batfamily
>insert the same "lol i'm being snarky" joke over and over again
>throw in some dialogue where characters explain to each other what's happening
>>
>>81016534
Replace Starfire with Joker's Daughter (who Lobdell is writing surprisingly well) and that's what Red Hood/Arsenal is.
>>
>>81015272
Indeed anon, the series is simply fun and Jason & Roy are one of the best bromances on cape comics right now
>>
>>81019119
>JD is drawn cute
>better cover her with shitty mask
Fags.
>>
>>81019260
>They really fucked up those office workers.
>>
>>81019260
"Don't ever tell him this, but I never trusted anyone as much as I do Roy Harper"

Why the fuck would you not tell him that, you social retard?
>>
>>81019550
It's Jason, dude. What did you expect?

He has always been socially awkward.
>>
>>81019550
Is not like is really necessary. Those two have a deep understanding of each other

Take this scene, Roy isn't surprised at Jason's sudden appearance despite not having contacted him since the Robin War nor letting him know his whereabouts, why? Because they're best friends and best friends always have your back.
>>
>>81015272
So does anyone have Red Hood reading recommendations?
>>
>>81021653

That would be

Under the Red Hood (although the animated movie is very superior)

Lobdell's issues of RHATO

The first Batman Superman annual by Pak

RH/A

While I personally find them good stories there's also RH: Lost Days by Winnick, Revenge of the Red Hood by Morrison and Streets Runs Red again by Winnick.

For a more "odd" picks there's Countdown: Search for Ray Palmer
>>
>>81021653
My Jason Todd recommend reading list:
>As Robin
Batman 408-412
Batman 415-415
For the Man Who Has Everything
Ten Nights of the Beast (Batman 417-420)
Batman 422
Batman 424-425
Death in the Family
Batman: The Cult
>Red Hood
Under the Hood and the Under the Red Hood movie
Red Hood: The Lost Days
His two arcs in Batman and Robin (somewhat controversial)
>New 52
First two arcs of Red Hood and the Outlaws
Batman/Superman Annual 1
I forget the issue numbers, but his appearance in Supergirl was pretty good and follows up on the annual
Red Hood/Arsenal

I haven't gotten the chance to read Lobdell's second run on RHatO, but I've heard that although better than the other writers' it isn't as good as his first one or RH/A.
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.