[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ultimate Spiderman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
Anyone read this series Peter Parker or miles morales? I really enjoy this series but it doesn't get much attention being a fairly recent comic, I thought it would be nice to talk to some other fans of it
>>
>>81005208
dude , people of /co/ dont like miles
but i recommend you start reading everything of him
>>
I can't tell if this is a joke thread or not, but yeah /co/ doesn't really like Miles.

His first couple of arcs in USM are good though, even though the art gets a little rocky after Pichelli steps off for a couple issues.

The arc after Uncle Prowler bites it is when interest really wanes. Spider-Men is decent, then the Venom arc and the subsequent Roxxon art are great.
Everything else is kind of garbo.

Bendis needs help with his character-work now, someone like what Willow has with Amanat.
>>
>>81006021
It turned to shit as soon as his hot milf mom dies
>>
Alright I wasn't aware I had such shitty taste sorry to everyone on /co/ that had to see this
>>
>>81005208

I enjoyed all of it, from the first issue all the way up until the last issue of Miles's run when it ties into Secret Wars

Most people will use a bunch of bullshit excuses to hate on Miles because "not muh Peter"

>he's not a character
>he doesn't even act like a black guy!
>Marvel is only doing this to pander to people of color

Just entirely too much butthurt
>>
>>81006847
>Alright I wasn't aware I had such shitty taste sorry to everyone on /co/ that had to see this
>Miles good in anyway
He starts out as a nothing character and continues being a nothing character. He's so fucking nothing he had to be given an instant win button and he's still nothing. There's literally no point to him as a character on his own right let alone a legacy character.
>>
>>81006949
kek so mad at 'nothing'
>>
File: 1458260637317.jpg (48 KB, 569x802) Image search: [Google]
1458260637317.jpg
48 KB, 569x802
>>81006933
Can you describe Miles WITHOUT saying what he looks like, what kind of costume he wears, or what his profession is. Describe Miles like you would to a person who ain't never heard of Spiderman before
>>
>>81007840
This gets asked and answered every thread, don't you get bored of meme'ing?
>>
>>81007840
A kid from New York who got bit by a spider. He's a combat precog who's got super strength and agility, can stand, run, and walk on walls, can turn more or less invisible, and he can knock people out with a stinging touch. He took up his superhero identity after his idol died, dealt with a lot of family drama, and ultimately survived the death of a universe before getting a new lease on life.

That was so obscenely difficult, bro. Go the fuck back to /pol/.
>>
Venom touches for everyone
>>
File: tumblr_o1a1vsZRgy1u496xso2_500.jpg (140 KB, 492x750) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o1a1vsZRgy1u496xso2_500.jpg
140 KB, 492x750
You talking about the first run or the new one that's going now? I like both, and I think some of his "boringness" that people mention stems from the fact that he's just a kid with no interesting backstory. He had his mom die, but that got rewritten.
>>
Dude Miles is really boring, the only times he's actually interesting is when someone other than Bendis is writing him and he's acting as a straight man. Honestly he probably would've been better off in that Web Warriors book.
>>
anyone else noticed we've had round the clock low-IP count USM threads for the past week?
>>
>>81008551
>You get a Venom touch
>And you get a Venom touch

That disgusting vision of Oprah in a Spider suit.
>>
>>81008663
Does Miles have sticky ass powers?
>>
>>81008663
>the new one

he said Ultimate Spider-Man

the new series is just called Spider-Man
>>
>>81008863
You got a problem with that, faggot?
>>
>>81008783
>Dude Miles is really boring
And yet he sells more than most of DC's Books. Hell, his book is better than DC's movies. Mic Drop
>>
>>81008186
It's interesting how, aside from the two extra plot device powers you mentioned, Miles is exactly like Peter Parker. Word for word. Fact is that the only reaaon Miles exists is because Bendis wanted to write a black Spider-Man.

>>81009203
>Mic Drop
Go to bed, Bendis.
>>
>>81009998
>only reaaon Miles exists is because Bendis wanted to write a black Spider-Man.

So?
>>
>Miles
An OK sidekick, nothing else to say
>>
>>81006139
But the arc immediately after that was probably the best one.
>>
>>81005208
Ultimate Spider-Man is great. But I mean the original, Peter one.

>That moment when Aunt May screams at Captain America
>>
>>81010675
>An OK sidekick

He isn't even Peter's sidekick.
I feel like Miles would become much more interesting if they actually made him Peter's sidekick who swings around with his mentor rather than his own with some OCCASIONAL help from Peter.

I want my cute spiderboys dammit
>>
>>81013673

Honestly, Miles had potential, he really did.

But then we had to cull his supporting cast and nullify half of what looked interesting. Because of course we did. Thank you Bendis.
>>
>>81008783
>the only times he's actually interesting is when someone other than Bendis is writing him and he's acting as a straight man

You know, this could actually be a thing. Miles makes for a good straight man, as the kid new to this who has some common sense and has no experience with all this bullshit. But he would need funny characters around to bounce offand straight man at.
>>
>>81005208
Ultimate Jessica Drew is the only answer.
>>
Miles is good in Cho Hulk. Such a comfy team dynamic over there. Also, kid Spiderman is needed because Peter is off doing science and being a grown-up. He is able to tell stories that Peter no longer is. It allows them to have their cake and eat it. Some grew up with Parker and are happy enough with him having moved on. Others want those adolescence stories. Plus, it was good to see him being pretty disgusted with the squeeing Tumblrite foregrounding his race. There is literally nothing wrong with Miles.
>>
>>81015541
Sorry, I should qualify that: there is nothing wrong with him apart from his one-shot attack that can take out Blackheart. That power needs a serious, serious nerf or to be removed altogether because it is bullshit that makes the character worse.
>>
>>81013673
Miles was a Robin without a Batman, and that sucks balls.
>>
>>81015368
Rule 63 FTW.
>>
>>81005208
I'm still waiting for Marvel to consider the obvious and realize that Miles and Miguel have never met, despite both being Spider-Men who live in New York.
Seriously, if you didn't read 2099 you'd have no idea Miguel was in 616, yet fucking Miles has cameo'd in a bunch of books.
>>
>>81013740
There's a reason that Ganke has more fans than Miles.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.