[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 10 seconds to post something that more perfectly encapsulates
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: Wander the edgehog.webm (3 MB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Wander the edgehog.webm
3 MB, 960x540
You have 10 seconds to post something that more perfectly encapsulates while also shitting on the 90s than this webm

You can't
>>
>>80980082
>90s
>>
I don't think PseudoFlash existed in the '90s.
>>
File: dippy fresh.png (105 KB, 250x270) Image search: [Google]
dippy fresh.png
105 KB, 250x270
>>80980082

also, most of Gravity Fall's jokes that targeted the '90s.
>>
>>80980082
>Guitar riffs and whipcracksound effects everywhere
>That angular art style and blinding colors

I can't help but feel that scene was also ripping on Johnny Test to an extent too.
>>
>>80980173
What episode was this again?
>>
>>80980173
>>80980082
I yearn for a time when cartoonists will parody trends from the 90s which aren't about xxxtreme marketing or boy bands.
>>
>>80980515

so.... Freakazoid?
>>
>>80980515
It's well past that anon, 90s are now seen like the 80s, in that they're boiled down to the most ridiculous and recognizable aspects of fashion, slang and attitude.
>>
>>80980515
what trends? tazos?
>>
>>80980082
Thats more like early 2000's, which parodied the "90's" so much that it became its own thing.
>>
>>80980532
Yeah, I guess?

>>80980557
I had a bit of hope when vaporwave imagery blew up and it seemed as though people remembered there was more to the decade than the lingering neon of the 80s and dunkaroos, but then elements from 2000s culture started mixing in and now it's already a hollowed out shell of a meme.
>>
>>80980659
It's been a wierd trip going from the bright eyed optimisim of the 90's and then plunging headfirst into the grim cynicism the 2000's brought. 9/11 and the Bush years really did a number on us, and now it's like waking up after one hell of a drug trip
>>
>>80980515
>trends from the 90s which aren't about xxxtreme marketing or boy bands.
Like what?
>>
>>80980659

I fucking miss dunkaroos
>>
>>80980434
Weirdmageddon Part 2.
>>
>>80984931
I should probably catch up with that now that it's over
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.