[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /co/ think of Jon Bernthal's performance as Frank
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /co/ - Comics & Cartoons

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4
File: frank.png (2 MB, 1389x810) Image search: [Google]
frank.png
2 MB, 1389x810
What does /co/ think of Jon Bernthal's performance as Frank Castle aka "The Punisher" in Marvel's Daredevil season 2 on Netflix?
>>
>>80968685
Frank/10 would Frank again
>>
>>80968685
Just started it tonight. He seems great so far.
>>
File: 5MPKDzW.gif (183 KB, 300x490) Image search: [Google]
5MPKDzW.gif
183 KB, 300x490
In quick scenes, he seems fine. But when he gets to talking a lot, i hate it. It seems like he's just doing Shane from the Walking Dead. I'm only about 5 episodes in though, maybe he gets better? Everything else about it (sans his face i guess) seems on point
>>
>>80970593
5-7 are the weakest episodes, Frank starts franking harder than ever after that
>>
>>80968685
Literally me
>>
He has some of the best scenes of the series. His testimony and the frankening of the jail are GOAT
>>
>>80970593
>sans his face i guess
His face is one of the Frankest parts of Bernthal. My only problem with his casting is that he's kind of a manlet.
>>
>>80970872
Yep, I wonder how long the Punisher series will take to start. They're lying when they say nothing is planned yet.
>>
File: ep-9-frank-bloodbath-1-850x560.jpg (41 KB, 850x560) Image search: [Google]
ep-9-frank-bloodbath-1-850x560.jpg
41 KB, 850x560
Frank remembers the basics of CQC. He's a fucking monster, and the show gives us all the grisly, gory shit we've come to expect from ol' Frank. I love it, and I think it's a brilliant breath of new life into an old character. DD Frank has more rage than MAX Frank, who was colder, more of a slow calculating murder robot.

I hope to god they make a show out of it. I'd love to see more of Bernthals' busted mug Franking New York.
>>
>>80968685
Frankiest Frank yet.
>>
>>80973398

Keep in mind Punisher's arc in this show was him growing from Frank Castle into the Punisher. He was supposed to have all that rage and emotionality and conflicted feelings about what he does. I imagine if he ever got his own show it would document an even deeper descent into Frankness that'll eventually bring him to Punisher MAX levels of 'I really don't give a fuck'
>>
>>80970802
Are you intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of humor?
>>
Quite frankly, he was pretty Frank/Frank to be frank.
>>
>>80973548
>Are you intelligent, nihilistic and with a wicked sense of murder

fixed that for you
>>
>>80973613
>are you frank, frank, and with a franked sense of frank?
>>
>>80970872
>He has some of the best scenes of the MCU

Fixed.
>>
>>80968685
I honestly think he deserves an Emmy or a Golden Globe or whatever the hell TV award they give to actors.
>>
>>80970593
He's a bit more talkative than most versions of the character (although he was plenty talkative for most of his history; only Garth Ennis and Jason Aaron really wrote him as a Clint Eastwood strong silent type) but he's basically perfect. Typically you need an actor to deliver at least some dialogue to create a well-rounded characterization, Anon. DD the TV show doesn't have VO.
>>
>>80973511
That's what I was telling a buddy of mine. He's a huge fan, we literally grew up reading the MAX series together, and he can't grasp how a raging lunatic could make a good Castle. But that's just how he starts. His family's death is still fresh. He's still looking for vengeance. In short, he hasn't started his war yet. MAX Frank treats his fight like it is; war. There's no animosity towards your enemy, he just has to die. Especially being Vietnam-Era, it's all about attrition. Kill them all. The hate is just a motivator.

He's actually quite the tragic figure when you think about it. He doesn't know peace because of his war, but it's self inflicted. He could physically stop, but he can't. He chose the path of perpetual violence to make the world better and safer. He left the monster in Vietnam, tried to live his life with his family but that was ripped away from him by another, pettier monster. So the beast reared it's head back, and Castle showed the little jackals what a big, bad Wolf looks like. And after he crushed the nasty biters that hurt him? He looked around and saw more, countless multitudes of gnashing, gnawing creatures ripping apart the fabric of society and feeding off the blood of the innocent.

So, being the horrible nightmarish creature that he had become, he went to work. He brought terror to the terrorists, death to the killers, pain to the sadists. He does it for the people. He does it for his family. But most of all, I think, he does it for Frank, I think he would have ate his gun a long while ago, and only continues so he can meet his death the only way he knows how. Screaming defiance, surrounded by empty casings and the bodies of his foes. And that's why I love Frank, and why I think that DD Frank is the best depiction we've seen yet. He's still teetering on that edge, and it's a hell of a show to what him fall.
>>
>>80974147
That's the Frankiest Frank I ever did Frank.
>>
>>80973398
I giggled like a little girl at the blood skull, it was perfect.
>>
>>80968685
TBFank I thought he was Franktastic.
>>
So what was the colonel talking about when he said "tell her what really happened in afghanistan"?
>>
>>80968685
I fucking swear the wording of your post makes me want to call shill.
>>
>>80976493
Daily reminder that you can watch Marvel's Daredevil Season 2 on Netflix, as well as many other critically acclaimed television shows and movies for the low, low price of $9.99 a month.
>>
File: franksitting.jpg (47 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
franksitting.jpg
47 KB, 600x800
>>
>You know
>>
>>80970781
>5-7 are the weakest episodes
This right here, on the last episode right now, and episode 8 was a breath of fresh air, the loss of frank and the advent of elektra was torture, 30 minutes left and I'm still waiting for her to get a sai through the stomach.
>>
>>80968685
i actually more baffled on why the fuck did that inmate make a fucking scrap tomahawk why make something elaborate when you can just fucking make an icepick
>>
>>80978642
Kek
>>
>>80976637

Wow, what a great price point. I'll subscribe right away!
>>
>>80976429
We don't know. It probably had to do with what Nuke in JJ was freaking out over as well
>>
>>80976429
>>80980408

I think it's the recreation of Punisher MAX: Born. So basically Frank is a sole survivor of Camp Valley Forge in Afghanistan, instead of Nam.

That's my best guess.
>>
>>80975386
>blood skull

what?
>>
>>80968685
Frank/Frank
Frank Frank Frank, Frank.
>>
>>80980814
prison franking
>>
>>80980814
Look at the picture.
>>
>>80980843
OOOH

Now i see it
>>
>>80968685
To be frank, he was pretty awesome.
>>
>>80968685
Great. He could've done a little better, but he still did a great job.
>>
>>80968685

Didn't really like his thuggish mumbling whenever he tried to speak
>>
4 eps in, I love his work.

I was mad as fuck when they said they have no current plans for a Punisher series, but the more I think about it the more it makes sense. Netflix Marvel is gorier and grittier than Movie Marvel, but it's still owned by Disney. I don't see Disney basically making an angrier Dexter (with less relationship drama) anytime soon.
>>
>>80980799
I'd love to see that adapted to live action so fucking much, goddamn. One of my all time favorite story arcs in comics.
>>
I'm not saying he was bad, but there was nothing really there to compliment either.

It's just a completely one dimensional character. A bit like praising an actor for playing a corpse. "He didn't move really good!"
>>
>>80982761

I figure regular 'Nam flashbacks a la Arrow would be a good format if they did do a Punisher show, eventually leading to the Charlie Rush at Valley Forge. Final episode could end with a flashback of him returning to his family with his 'dark passenger'
>>
https://youtu.be/xoOZWkhqTr8?t=35m57s
>35m57s
I like how Jon Bernthal goes
>unoe, unoeunoe, unoe unoe unoe
Just sounds really Frank, to be frank, unoe?
>>
>>80982854

>Max Dillon'S Punisher is now MCU canon

JUST
>>
>>80970956
>he's kind of a manlet.

If a 5'10'' physically fit man is a manlet then nearly everyone is a manlet and the word is meaningless.

I bet he breathes air with lungs, what a manlet.

Does he have a pituitary system? Manlet.

Has he slept even once? Manlet.
>>
Why is Frank so cute?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLpqVDJ5LEo
>>
>>80968685
Frank/10
Frankest Frank we've had so far.
>>
>That’s the beauty of Daredevil‘s Frank Castle. He’s is not the hero of the piece, so they can play free and loose with his morality. But he’s not the villain either, and that’s exactly the groundwork for a character like Frank to thrive in. He’s a guy who’s equally at home stabbing an inmate in the balls as he is giving Karen tough love romantic advice. He will shoot a man point blank in the face with a shotgun without flinching, but he also loves “Shining Star” by Earth, Wind & Fire. He hangs men from meat hooks and gives bleary-eyed monologues in a graveyard, and it all feels cohesive. It’s all a coherent, well-rounded portrait of a man. A war-torn vet (who canonically is in love with combat), a man who made it home from that war only to watch his family die, who is brain damaged from a bullet to the brain, and ultimately, a man on the path to becoming something else. But, brilliant tactician that he is, Frank ties up his loose ends first. “Frank Castle” dies publicly in a blaze of glory on the docks of the pier — his death plastered on the front page of the newspaper. He closes the door on Karen, perhaps the last living human who found something in him worth saving. He completes his mission for revenge, killing The Blacksmith. Finally, he burns down his family home, the last vestige of his former life. The man who walks away — a white skull on painted his armored chest, Gatling gun and bandolier slung over his shoulder — is someone else. If there’s one thing Daredevil makes very clear as the season draws to a close, it’s this: Frank Castle is dead. The Punisher is born.
http://collider.com/daredevil-season-2-punisher-jon-bernthal/
>>
>>80983297
>Gunpowder

I knew it was coming and I still giggled like a bitch.
>>
I'm only a couple episodes in but he's good.
Pretty much a perfect young Frank, maybe could be a little more intense
>>
>>80983581
ooooo
wait for it
wait for frank
>>
>>80983297
>killing everybody
>Gunpowder
>killing bad guys
>me

He was just so gleeful. Why is Bernthal so based?
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.